Could I kill a tornado?

Could I kill a tornado?
Would something like a 250LB bomb do it?
I really hate these things.

Attached: f5-oakfield-tornado-funnel-07-18-1996-2d0bebd799c0494a164c11cdbbd3f000af6f5fcb029d112b45e3c52f9f6056 (900x597, 146K)

Other urls found in this thread:

popsci.com/scitech/article/2003-07/how-destroy-tornado
aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/C5c.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Depends on the size of the tornado.
A 250lb bomb might disrupt a very small water spout.
Even a MOAB wouldn't stop an F1 because the size of the system that creates it would restabilize the funnel. Your only choice is to go tactical nuke, something at least .5 megatons. Bit then its hardly worth it.

Well I mean there is a chance that you could drop a bomb big enough to create a blastwave that instantly dissolves the tornado. Or maybe you could drop so many munitions into it that it would just lose speed.

You're over estimating tornados or under estimating nuclear warheads. 30 kilotons and it would be history.

>Jow Forums in their efforts to kill everything in the world now turns to natural phenomena.

This is dumb.

You go buy like 15 leafblowers from acehardware, get like 3 propane tanks

Figure out which way your town destroying tormado is spinning.
Get all the leaf blowers in a circle (pointing the blowers the OPPOSITE direction of the one destroying the down)till you start getting a dust devil, open the propane valves

by now you should have a small sized tornado. Light a flare, toss that fucker into the propane vortex and run like fuck

The flame tornato will explode and break free of your leaf blower satan summoning circle. Your firespout will go on to fight the one destroying the town. Just pray to god they dont combine and become even stronger.

Attached: image.jpg (580x801, 77K)

>shits on your fire tornado
Heheh good luck next time hombre

Attached: waterspout_mole_960.jpg (960x1280, 76K)

>just pray to god they dont join forces and combine into a superstorm

Attached: image.jpg (1024x1306, 158K)

Attached: TELEMMGLPICT000139754555_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqrzXJAqh_oAO1OPUpqAutkTrjXLGxCWVgJ7gtunPkRDY.jpg (851x532, 56K)

What if we flew a tornado as fast as it could go through a tornado?
Wouldnt it cause enough disturbance to dissipate the tornado while leaving the tornado unscathed?

Attached: panavia-tornado-gr4.jpg (700x340, 20K)

Thats a hurricane you fucking idiot.

popsci.com/scitech/article/2003-07/how-destroy-tornado

Your thread made my day and it's only at 11 posts. Good jop OP 10/10

Only if you fed the pilot one first.
Preferable grilled chicken and cheese

I have an idea.
How about we make HUGE air ducts. Absolutely HUGE. From the gulf of mexico to the great plains.

Then when a low pressure system moves in. We direct air from the gulf or from the plains and push the storm away. Until it equalizes and dissipates. Then we equalize the air ourself.

Itll stop hurricanes AND tornados

we are top of food chain. as such, we should not be fear of tornado. we should harness its power on windfarms to make us power.
tornado = slaves of the future.

only if they wear maid uniforms and frilly skirts.

Fun fact: this question actually has an answer from an official government agency

aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/C5c.html

Could a tornado be killed with a mosin?

Scariest fucking thing in the world. The last few years when I lived in the town I grew up in, we started getting three weeks of bad thunderstorms that spawned tornadoes all the time in July. Am terrified one will happen while I’m asleep and I’ll wake up to having the house ripped apart around me. Mid westerns will laugh, but this was fuckin Maryland man, that shit’s unsettling when it just starts happening. I moved to Northern New England but the fear remains.
What should I use for tornado HD??

Attached: 5956E7AC-2AB9-40E9-A02E-75C295BBF309.jpg (1796x1200, 260K)

.22 ratshot and a shot of black

I keep a root cellar for Tornado HD

A tornado is a symptom of a huge storm system. It is caused by differences in temperature and air pressure in the entire gigantic cloud and region, you would have to disrupt the cyclic action in the cloud itself. Blowing away the actual tornado would work temporarily but doesn't stop the cause of the rotation itself. So no you can't kill a tornado any less than you could kill a hurricane. Granted a nuke or huge bomb might be able to do the trick but that would cause even more destruction than the tornado itself thus it's pointless

>blow up stormcloud looming over the plains
>tornado dissipates
>oklahoma city gets some clouds
>farmers get to see a big boom
>suburbs dont lose billions

Just a .22LR; it'll bounce around the tornado and and turn it's insides to mush.

You can't just "blow up" a storm cloud. Some storm systems are as big as US states.

We can tell to a certainty nowadays which storm clouds are developing cyclonic action. It usually is a small area of the cloud. A few miles squared.
Send a few extreme low pressure sniffing JDAMs to travel through the clouds and kabloooey. Low pressure zone diminished.

Came here to say basically this

tornadoes in the northern hemisphere spin clockwise so if you wan to protect your trailer make sure you shoot the right side only, so you don't accidentally accelerate the tornado and make it more deadly

...Then you would create a colossal low pressure system elsewhere

I shot Irma at least four times and bitch still took my shed.

why dont we nuke hurricanes

like yeah I know hurricanes are super powerful but why dont we drop like 50MT of nukes on a hurricane before it forms and drowns a bunch of black people

they usually form in the ocean so its not like we're gonna damage or irradiate stuff

Attached: Chuck.jpg (500x500, 40K)

You mean other than the storm, that head towards us anyway?

>Tornado shows up
>Drop a ton of chem lights
>Glowing tornado

underrated post

I unironically not only believe this would work but would be economically viable
>catch cataclysmic tornado heading towards big city
>airburst drop a moab directly into the host cloud system
>crisis averted

Attached: 170413161921-moab-bomb-afghanistan-isis-starr-dnt-lead-00012608.jpg (1920x1080, 133K)

>be me
>11th birthday
>live in indiana
>go to steak n shake
>hell ye, get some tendies and a milkshake
>driving home
>radio switches to tornado warning
>get home
>sky is dark now, thunder in distance getting closer, tornado sirens blairing
>book it to the basement
>wake up next morning
>debris all around neighborhood
>favorite waterpark destroyed
>later read there was five tornados at once, F3s I think

BUT

>no school

>hell ye

Alright dumb fucks, air force weather guy here to spew some knowledge.

First you have to understand Tornadogenesis and how the FFD and RFD work. You could easily kill a tornado, but you know why it isn't done? Because it would be more destructive than just letting the tornado run its corse. A fucking MOAB creates such a pressure and temperature deviation that it could easily kill an F3, possibly an F4, if dropped into the right position.

Super Cells make it harder but with the size of the RFD you only would have to affect the mesocyclone as it starts to form and tilt, which is easy to predict. Even once it's tilted and close to touching the surface you can still disrupt it, but you dont disrupt it at the surface you disrupt it at the cloud base.

If it's an MCC and not a Super Cell it would be even easier, which Tornados that happen basically anywhere that isn't the midwest are commonly spawned from MCC's and could be disrupted with smaller ordinances than a MOAB.

These dumbfucks talking about nukes have no understanding of meteorology.

Thats good shit right there. Thanks for the info.
But... Youre telling me there is a chance?

You can destroy a tornado man, but in the process you’ll probably do more damage than the tornado itself would.

TFW no bill Paxton to tie me to a pipe

.45 acp

FOAB around it

Attached: 1511845164029.gif (234x249, 269K)

Attached: 1526840401274.jpg (3490x3124, 466K)

>get like 3 propane tanks

I can help with that. I sell propane and propane accessories

Good post. Saved for future tornado killing threads.

I'm from Oakfield where that tornado came through. They found cans from the canning factory in town all the way in Canada. Only F5 tornado with no casualties.

this thread has me wondering, is it possible to bomb other powerful natural phenomena, like, say, a black hole, into submission?

Attached: 1516251596616.png (600x550, 307K)

What about a bunch of technicals with high powered industrial box fans blowing the opposite direction of the tornado's path?