Commiefornia

So a member from a California gun forum just said his AR that was registered as an Assault Weapon was just confiscated due to a technicality. This guy seems to be respected, so a lot of people do not think he's trolling. Can fellow commiefornia give some input on this? If there are mass confiscation going on there would have been a lot more people talking about it.

Attached: download (1).jpg (800x533, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1451845
washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/02/25/ex-calif-state-sen-leeland-yee-gun-control-champion-heading-to-prison-for-weapons-trafficking/?utm_term=.b851530f0007
shouselaw.com/firearm-offenses.html
vistacriminallaw.com/carrying-a-gun-and-drugs-at-the-same-time-is-a-serious-offense-in-ca/
sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/sd-me-atf-follow-20170504-story.html
calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1450472
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i can 100% believe this since the whole form for registering assault weapons is full of ways to self incriminate yourself. at which point you are sending in a signed and dated confession with pictures. however mass confiscation shouldnt be going on since the time limit to register hasnt passed.

Apparently the technicality is that he took the picture with a bullet button instead of a maglock. The state went and changed to law right from under him. Now he's out of a 2k AR.

Let this be a lesson: Do not comply.

The law is too hard to follow for most people, so they don't and they never talk about it in public.

Anything bigger than .22 is spooky levels in california.

I hope someone with nothing to lose just snaps and kills a bunch of these faggot commiefornian cops during a confiscation.

Apparently CALDOJ is the ones that is seizing all firearms, magazines, ammo. They are mainly looking for non-compliant ARs, off-roster or unsafe handguns and grandfathered magazines. They are not only confiscating them but in some instance will be pushing for felonies.

They're not cops, CALDOJ is a bunch of libshit lawyers. Well they are protected by cops, but fuck this is troubling.

I feel for the guy and fucking hate this state, but he should've been more careful when dealing with CADOJ. They're notorious for bullshit like this.

The law did state that the registration was for bullet-button-assault-weapons, which -as the name implies- have bullet buttons.

lolwhut

The bullet button IS a maglock.

Tell him to post the docs or fuck off. If he has a real case his lawyer can at least provide a canned statement.

>If there are mass confiscation going on there would have been a lot more people talking about it.

There isn't. Even if there was it can be subverted by swapping a sporter grip onto the gun or removing the grip and disassembling the weapon. CA law is fucked but the "out" depends on the fireable configuration of the gun.

post source or fuck off, I've been to the range every day today and haven't gotten anything like that

that doesn't make any sense unless he filed it on the last day and got it postmarked wrong

It isn't troubling because you haven't posted any sources or any information about what exactly happened.

It's not a story, just some guy on Calguns. I don't even know if he's 100% telling the truth. But people seem to believe him because of his reputation and rating.

That doesn't make sense. From the CADOJ's website:

>NOTE: If you are in lawful possession of a bullet button assault weapon that is a Firearm Manufactured By Unlicensed Subject (FMBUS), you must obtain a DOJ-issued serial number by completing form BOF 1008 and emailing it to [email protected]. The serial number issuance process is separate from the assault weapon registration process and must be completed before the assault weapon registration application will be accepted by DOJ. For more information, visit the Bullet Button Assault Weapon webpage

>These bills require that any person who, from January 1, 2001, to December 31, 2016, inclusive, lawfully possessed an assault weapon that does not have a fixed magazine, as defined in Penal Code section 30515, including those weapons with an ammunition feeding device that can be readily removed from the firearm with the use of a tool, shall register the firearm before January 1, 2018, but not before the effective date of the regulations adopted by the DOJ.

What you're telling me is that he tried to register an "assault weapon" that didn't have a bullet button but did have a fixed magazine, making it not an "assault weapon". You're missing some piece of the puzzle here. The laws are stupid but he's either not telling the truth or did something stupid like trying to register an "assault weapon" without a bullet button which wouldn't have been lawful from 2001-16 or he built his own gun and didn't get a DROS serial or he bougt it after Jan '16.

Either way he could have skipped all of this by reading the CADOJ website where he submitted all this info anyway. And that even assumes any of this is true and not made up.

>believing random shit on the Internet without hard proof posted

Tell him to post the docs so other people can have it for reference. The reg period ends in less than 48 hours anyway, so any holdouts that want to register should probably know.

>a guy on another messageboard said something
OMG GUYZ CIVIL WAR 2 HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Attached: holy-dogshit.jpg (400x300, 66K)

This is why I'm putting of buying an AR15 till I'm out of this ridiculous state. Too much bullshit to keep track of and its always changing.

Though the guys a dumbass for registering it.

Lets not forget this faggot either.

Attached: 1527548979900.jpg (599x430, 75K)

Attached: just-fuck-my-Second-Amendment-up-fam.png (414x407, 18K)

>commie
>gun control
Back to your containment board

>Get caught with a illegal model 10, get a felony plus prison time.

>Get caught literally smuggling weapons to terrorist, get like 5 years prison and a felon.

Yeah, California isn't biased at all.

here's the thread, also shall not be infringed

calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1451845

>need to register to view
Fuck that clickbait. This is probably a virus of some sort. OP is a LARP.

Name and link documentation of an instance of this happening.

>be illegal immigrant on his sixth deportation
>kill innocent woman with ND from a stolen handgun
>get 3 years or less in prison
You think?

>off-roster or unsafe handguns
Just a reminder that the roster is a list of guns you're allowed to BUY new at retail, not a list of guns you're allowed to OWN. It's completely legal to own off-roster handguns in California.

yep anyone can buy a $1000 gen 5 glock

he got community service thanks to the signatures from SF residences and a judge based on past work as a politician.

>be commiefornia
I wish I never picked up this hobby...

This is a made up story though.

So sad what happened to Colorado

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/02/25/ex-calif-state-sen-leeland-yee-gun-control-champion-heading-to-prison-for-weapons-trafficking/?utm_term=.b851530f0007

vs

shouselaw.com/firearm-offenses.html

vistacriminallaw.com/carrying-a-gun-and-drugs-at-the-same-time-is-a-serious-offense-in-ca/

Basically, what I am saying is that Californian politicians look at themselves as higher than the people that get them elected, so they don't enforce rules on their own class even if those people are the very problem in society the laws were created to stop.

oh god, please tell me this isn't true. give me a source, that would literally be awful.

None of those are credible citations though...

sandiegouniontribune.com/news/public-safety/sd-me-atf-follow-20170504-story.html

For the most part, cops are selling guns illegally since it's very easy for them to obtain them as cops.

>The bill, sponsored by Assemblyman Rob Bonta, D-Oakland, does tighten one part of the exemption: It limits the newly exempt officers to reselling the off-roster guns to other law enforcement members only.

Back to plebbit you dumb nigger

Attached: 1527493840866.jpg (469x600, 245K)

Look up the penal citations at the bottom of the page.

>calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1450472

Is this what ops on about?

>off-roster or unsafe handguns

Calling bullshit. Off roster pistols are ok to possess, dealers just can’t sell them new.

Literally the definition of fake news.

>Literally the definition of a fail troll.

No this is a new stipulation. A maglock makes it so you have to break open the AR to reload a mag.

if he had one of those he wouldnt be registering in the firstplace

If he was registered I don't see why it was confiscated.

This fuckers