Contamination Exposure

Have you been exposed to dangerous materials or situations in the service or at work?

>Uranium
>Nerve Agents
>Burn Pits
>Asbestos Hell Holes

Lets tell some scary stories.

Attached: E4ECD76D-97C8-4601-A18E-9D3670DA2D69.jpg (621x414, 49K)

No. Weapons threads only, please.

Nerve agents and uranium weapons are weapons you stupid fuck. There are ten threads I see right now that dont even involve weapons.

Go be a stupid faggot somewhere else

Not the service but ive got one.

>be 18
>friend is having weekend bonfire
>gathering of dem boiz
Ill just start by saying this. We will call him Jay. Jay loves buring trash. Like some kind of fuckin hobo. Everyone else hates it, but hes obsessed with it and we have to bitch at him not to throw random crap in the fire. Ive literally seen him throw entire trash bags in the fucking fire pit.
Anyways
>pull up outside jays place
>neighbors across the street are throwing away a refrigerator box
>fuckyes.jpg
Burning even small boxes produces a spectacular flame that reaches to the heaves, like a solar flare. A fridge box will be more glorious than the burning of saigon
>alert the boys and they carry the box over and remove the massive styrofoam support skeletons.
>we build a fire and burn the wood down for a few hours
>the time has come for the box.
>we toss the box on standing straight up, and it produces what must have been a 30 foot flame that light up the neighborhood
Glorious.
Part 1/2

>start work at a machine shop
>owner is a jew so all the tooling is dull/beat to shit
>machines are automated manual machines so no flood coolant, just little streams
>aka lots and lots of coolant gets boiled off and atomized into the air
>coolant always smelled funky but started to get really bad when the shop was 90 degrees in the summer, realize I have never seen the coolant changed in the 3 months I have been there.
>finally had enough, go to change the coolant because nobody else will.
>drain coolant reservoir. the coolant was actually completely rancid, molding, chunky, looked like 10 month old orange juice that had been forgotten in the back of the fridge
>next thought "I have been breathing this shit, I've had it on my hands for months now"
>between dry heaves quit on the spot

To the uninitiated, machining coolant is often animal fat based. It goes rancid and will mold like anything else animal based if not changed regularly.

You're weird as fuck.

nigger theres literally a thread about this exact topic already up use the catalog next time retard

>To the uninitiated, machining coolant is often animal fat based

why?

Part 2/2
>The box has burned down, and there is nothing left other than a massive bed of hot coals
>all is well in the world.
>look over to jay who looks half asleep and begins to stretch
>he starts: "Well boys were gonna have to.."
What i thought he was going to say was "were going to have to call it a night"
>"well boys.. were gonna have to THROWTHESESUCKERSRIGHT ONINTHERE

>with fucking lightning speed this nigger whips behind his goddamn lawn chair and threw in 4 massive rods of solid styrofoam
>theyre like. As thick as the support pylons for fences. And half as tall.
>4 of them.
WHAT THE FUCK YOU DUMB NIGGER
>the second the styrologs touched the coals, they melted. Instant.
>it looked like a hole to hell just opened. The liquid.. like made a hole that opened all the way to the bottom of the coals. Like a mini black hole. Ive never seen anything like it
>suddenly, a 20 foot flame exploded from the hole. A blinding bright white, and the smoke that was coming from the flames was black. Im talking midnight black. Airborne ink. You cant imagine this smoke thick and black enough
>suddenly buds bounce starts playing on the stereo
>goofy ass spongebob sounding music
>everybody dives to the ground because it was basically a chemical attack
>poison fumes are smoking out the entire neighborhood, theyre also staying low to the ground
>jay is in shock, has no idea what to do
>flames are licking the tree leaves
>start screaming to other friends with a jacket wrapped around my face
GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE
>firepit overflowing with molten, burning hell
>the entire neighborhood is visably darkened from a massive cloud of styrofumes
>nope the fuck out of there, squeel tires, and speed off into the night

Get a call from jay in the morning saying that his house and the neighborhood still smells like a melting napalm sandwich

Attached: AD133240-CC7D-49A2-9960-6064A4184274.png (1193x1193, 815K)

Fuck it that ones almost dead

>implying he didn't make both threads

Youre a smart one arent you?

Wow, cool story about burning a refrigerator box. I'm so fucking glad summer is here so we could experience this. Two part saga. Fuck.

Attached: 1527212128341.gif (320x240, 1.85M)

What's wrong with you?

I'm a welder working on crusty old locomotives that were built as far back as the 60's. We have to check them for asbestos all the time and the paint is almost always lead based. We have fresh air hoods with carbon filters but they only work so well and many times you dont want to put all that gear on for a 5 min job so you tough it out. Cant count the number of times I threw the welder down and ran out of a cab gasping for air because the smoke from something I started burning feels like pepper spray in my eyes, nose and throat. Fusee signal flares are probably the worst of you accidentally ignite them with a plasma cutter in a small space.

>comes in the thread bitching about story
> doesnt even post one

Atleast youre a toxic faggot.

>was about 14
>had a friend who loved riding bikes n shit
>summer time, schools out
>we lived 2 blocks from the highschool
>great place to ride bikes, fun sidewalks, and abandoned parkinglots oh my.
>WeRide.mp3
This year was different.
>we get to the lots and see a massive blue container vault sitting in the parking lot
>wtf is that thing
>get over and take a look. Some sort of massive disposal bin with a monser fallout 3 vault type door
>it doesnt have chains and the door is slightly open
>we can wiggle the massive lever to disengage the lock just slightly.
>the door creeks open about an inch and a half and will not budge further
>we look inside and see fuckloads of orange disposal bags
>big biohazard symbols on them
>theyre piled to the ceiling
What the flying fuck.
>one bag we can see clearly labeled "asbestos"
>nope the fuck right out of there and go home

That was the beginning of their operation for the next 4 summers. Every summer break after that, we saw the cleanup guys come back with full hazmat suits and go in the school. Every window was taped off and pasted with BIOHAZARD signs. They mustve been ripping mass insulation out and sweepin up just in time for the highschoolers to come back in the fall, and wait again for the next summer.

Attached: 7844BE19-D107-4101-A245-AD593913AF1B.jpg (604x400, 52K)

Bored

That wasn't Manhattan High School in KS was it? That's basically the procedure they did, going in during summer breaks and ripping out old asbestos tile and insulation

Nope, colorado, 20 minutes from denver.

Thats some pretty scary shit huh?

tl;dr faggot
Nobody cares

Definitely made us wonder how safe it really was to come back in the fall after they disturbed all of that old stuff

I work with just about every acid there is, including hydrofluoric, picric, and perchloric. Melting of bones, organ shutdown, and general fuckery makes me try to avoid them when I can though.

One time I started burning Old Spice body spray for fun. Too bad I didn't realize it used HFCs, which create Hydrogen Fluoride gas when burned.

>Have you been exposed to dangerous materials or situations in the service or at work?

Why? Am I entitled to compensation?
Do you have a toll-free number to call?

>"im just going to hang around bitching like a salty faggot all thread long"
Ok faggot nobody cares

Ive always wondered about that too man. By the time I went to highschool, that place was demolished. No doubt the kids came back in the spring and had to deal with the dust. They removed like.. 50+ container vaults of that shit every summer. Theres no way they didnt disturb the dust and get it over everything.

Attached: 7B0AC188-3EE3-410B-82C7-980C95DE9D88.jpg (638x479, 96K)

Tell me your story, Ill give you the number if you qualify for compensation.

>inb4 mesotheelEOmah

Next time you want to be a stupid faggot kill yourself

toxic dumbfags with exposure levels rendering complete incompetence and hopefully sterility i have 100% exposure

Apprentice, can relate. That shit is like diarrhoea.

I once saw a guy try to weld galvanized steel, does that count? Lmao

Chemtrails all the time

>Be Army Chemical Corps
>Out in Utah helping with nerve gas disposal
>basically just handing the shit off to private contractors
>Contractors are walking around in work shirts and cargo pants
>We're wearing chemical suits, sniffers, everything because Army
>Some contractor is puking in a trashcan outside one of the buildings
>Says he just caught the flu that's been going around the plant
>Alright, cool man... lotta people been getting sick?
>Just a few, company says it's nothing to worry about
>I go tell my sergeant
>Sergeant goes walking around with a sniffer
>Beeeeeeeeeeeeep

>being on Jow Forums
>calling anyone weird

Holy shit

Was the guy ok afterwards

Attached: giphy_2.gif (500x362, 270K)

Because it’s cheap and effective, probably.

I once inhaled marijuana smoke in nam

Unless you got skin or lung damage on the spot, there’s no way that will hurt you.

It’s stories like these why I avoid hazardous waste disposal as a career path, despite being qualified for it.

Mmmm asbestos

Lmfao wow what the fuck.

Screen capped from an user on the old chem thread.

Attached: A89B09A4-7BC9-4B0B-B208-3E5923DFB12E.png (1242x2208, 674K)

Holy grand shit. This is why I'd rather die than ever join the armed forces.

How has he not sued the CRAP out of them?

What the shit is with these threads? Is it some sort of propaganda gathering op? If so, by who? Environmentalists? Communists?

>cannot sue over missions that "did not exist"

the army did a test because they thought black people were immune to chemical weapons because of the color of their skin, so they gassed a bunch of blacks after making them sign documents that they would never discuss it with anybody.

>When officers led him and a dozen others into a wooden gas chamber and locked the door, he didn't complain. None of them did. Then, a mixture of mustard gas and a similar agent called lewisite was piped inside.

>"It felt like you were on fire," recalls Edwards, now 93 years old. "Guys started screaming and hollering and trying to break out. And then some of the guys fainted. And finally they opened the door and let us out, and the guys were just, they were in bad shape."

>Edwards was one of 60,000 enlisted men enrolled in a once-secret government program — formally declassified in 1993 — to test mustard gas and other chemical agents on American troops. But there was a specific reason he was chosen: Edwards is African-American.

>All of the World War II experiments with mustard gas were done in secret and weren't recorded on the subjects' official military records. Most do not have proof of what they went through. They received no follow-up health care or monitoring of any kind. And they were sworn to secrecy about the tests under threat of dishonorable discharge and military prison time, leaving some unable to receive adequate medical treatment for their injuries, because they couldn't tell doctors what happened to them.

>According to declassified records and reports published soon after, three types of experiments were done: Patch tests, where liquid mustard gas was applied directly onto test subjects' skin; field tests, where subjects were exposed to gas outdoors in simulated combat settings; and chamber tests, where men were locked inside gas chambers while mustard gas was piped inside.

Attached: plates-quad_custom-54cafadeb03329937f2c729da669e71cea24ee4e-s1300-c85.jpg (1300x451, 110K)

It’s pasta. I remember it from a year or so ago.

That's virtually impossible as a soldier.

I am pretty sure you as an armed forces member cannot sue the federal government. I'm pretty sure too you as a civilian citizen cannot sue it either. I think it's called sovergen immunity

when you are not serving you can. The thing is when you sign the papers to join you agree to experiments being done on you

there are certain things you can and cant do. also most handling of chemical weapons is classified so even talking about it in a court of law will get you in trouble for violating nondisclosure or security clearances

You most certainly can sue the federal government as a citizen.

Im exposed to radiation and contamination at work.
>be inna plant
>cleaning shit
>fuckboricacid.jpg
>disregard alpha level 2 airborn contamination yellow and magenta signage outside of valve gallery.
>-uptake-
>dont pass monitors
>located in stomach
>swallowed while breathing through mouth like a bad radworker
>have to shit into a bag for 2 months
>the plant owns the particle in my anus and want it back

In all seriousness thats a fack but possible scenario.

Ask me anything. Might respond for a short bit

What is your job exactly? Janitor but in a Nuclear Plant?

sat around a bonfire drinking a beer with buddies, marvelled at the pretty colors in the flames. find out later they were burning pressure treated wood. thanks for the arsenic and copper dose, guys. :^(

When all boiled down to it basically.
Decontamination tech is the fancy word they use.

I wouldnt say a janitor puts on a full suit and fall harness jusy to brillow pad brush the side of a reactor head however

Huh cool.

You have cancer yet?

It pay well?

How dangerous is day to day?

Attached: 1511032907147.png (737x541, 674K)

>toxic

Attached: 1526005700990.png (571x618, 56K)

Just asbestos and really strong solvent based glues. Nothing too major really.

>You have cancer yet?
In places resembling civilisation they usually put limits on how much radiation people working in the nuclear industry are allowed to get hit with over their entire working life. This is calculated to correspond to, in an absolute worst case scenario for how much damage that radiation does, to a 1% increase in the risk of cancer.

The main risks of working at a nuclear power plant are regular industrial accidents, you fall down somewhere, you get run over by a forklift, you stab yourself with a screwdriver trying to pry something loose. That kind of thing.

Ah yes, someone disapproved of you, so now you must at once call him out on being one of "them", because if he would happen to be one of "us" instead, then you'd be facing rejection within the group, which could be rejection by the group, and as a young adolescent there's very little that terrifies you as much as that.

This: When you join the armed forces, you basically give away the right to legal remedy for a whole bunch of shit, including experimentation.

Hospitals average higher dose