How does the S-400 compare to the other missile defense systems?

How does the S-400 compare to the other missile defense systems?

Attached: 1051640405.jpg (1000x541, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

foreignpolicy.com/2018/03/28/patriot-missiles-are-made-in-america-and-fail-everywhere/
youtube.com/watch?v=msXtgTVMcuA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

S-300PMU tbqh famalamdingdong

On paper? It's the best. whether or not it performs anywhere near those parameters in reality is suspect, though we haven't had the opportunity to find out.

It's literally the most extreme AA system ever made.

It is best ground AA you can get. But you need to remember, that US naval systems are very close to it and there are two differencies
a - US AEGIS based AA defense can provide much more power to the radar than Russian ground based generators. So they can perform better.
b - US systems are limited within VLS. Russians are not, so they missiles can perform better.
c - the question of SM-3 ABM capabilities and lack of similar capabilities in Russia is a political question of ABM treaty, not technological.

>US AEGIS based AA defense can provide much more power to the radar than Russian ground based generators. So they can perform better.
As if S-400 doesn't.

Attached: 55zh6me nebo-me (2).jpg (1000x667, 249K)

Well for starters, it supposedly has a max range of 215nmi. That's pretty hardcore stuff for a SAM system. If those missiles are going to be any serious danger to a maneuvering target after 100/150+ nmi is another question.

It kind of depends on what the Russian doctrine looks like I suppose. What is the S-400 supposed to do and how does and is supported by other SAM systems. What does it target, when does it target it and so on.
All of this is pretty much something that no one really knows, outside of Russia, because the whole system is unproven but on paper its stated ability is certainly somewhat of a gamechanger.

You think it hold a chopstick to best system in the world, HQ-19? Ha very funny American, HQ-19 is far more dangerous to America than S-400 can hope to ever be. That's why dear friend, you are shaking in your boots. Because Americans bring boots inside home, very dirty culture.

>next up... On the MOST extreme

>Falling for the SAM meme

I shiggy diggy

>HQ-19
Gooks finally managed to copycat 1980s S-300V?

It seems good for denying air transportation, reconaissance and AWACS, but radar horizon makes them effective against fighters only in much short ranges.

>but radar horizon makes them effective against fighters only in much short ranges.

Umm, you know they can network radar stations right?

Sure, but wouldn't it be effective only deep in their own territory, in places with great density of effective radars?

You misunderstand his point. A ship can provide a lot more electrical power than mobile, truck-mounted generators can.

the best. everything else is shit.

foreignpolicy.com/2018/03/28/patriot-missiles-are-made-in-america-and-fail-everywhere/

Dude you're giving me some flashbacks, I haven't thought about that shitty green man animal show in over a decade.

>most extreme AA system ever made.
>Not even nuclear
Naaaah, A-135 is the most extreme AA system ever made. Stationary AESA radar that can see golf ball in space, missiles with nuclear warheads.

Attached: 18mjoc5gdsbnhjpg[1].jpg (1600x900, 194K)

It doesn’t matter how good they are. They were easily overrun by western cruise missle attacks. Cruise missles fly really fucking slow too.

Defending airspace is a meme guys.

don 2 is pesa and old and busted
youtube.com/watch?v=msXtgTVMcuA
if you want real Xtreem ideas go with who did it first
sprint is more Xtreem of the old and busted tech. if hibex which it was based off of was ever filmed in flight it would be even more Xtreem

Attached: Stanley_R_Mickelsen_Safeguard_complex_aerial.jpg (2560x2019, 882K)

That picture is wrong