What do you guys think about the Hakim?

>ljungman
>8mm mauser
They couldnt have fucked it up that bad right?

Attached: Hakim-Semi-Auto-Egyptian-Rifle.jpg (929x559, 421K)

Hakim Hand is to Garand Thumb as Cambodia is to Kansas.

They're a more affordable Ljungman rifle with an action that will positively shear off your thumb if you're careless with it. They're long, unwieldy, hefty sons of bitches but shoot well due to their Scandinavian roots.

One's been for sale at an LGS near my house for awhile now and I've been eyeing it off and on. It's just sat on the backburner as I've tried expanding my arsenal in other directions but I do plan to loop around back to getting it.

Make sure to learn its battery of arms proper and thoroughly, or it'll bite you, also don't feed it Turkish surplus ammo.

Otherwise, it's a pretty cool rifle.

DO. NOT. LET. IT. BITE YOU.

But other than that and the weight she’s pretty much one of the sexiest battle rifles ever devised, like a Garand, but louder and more accurate and without the PING.

Attached: F62220C4-0F52-483E-A743-B97C3B38400A.jpg (2048x1536, 645K)

bump

Waitaminute. Are you telling me the Egyptians copied the Swedish bayonet too?

The Hakim isn't just a Ljungman clone, I'm fairly certain the early runs were made by Swedish workers and on modified Ljungman machinery. Wouldn't be surprised at all if the bayonet either was the same or interchanged.

They are identical, only difference is cleaning rod clearance.

Well, the bayonet is similar to the Swedish one but not identical. The original has a nasty serrated metal tube for handle. The one on this picture has wooden grips which looks better, but it is an awkward design still. Then again, when did the Swedes last do a bayonet charge? 1807?

It is literally made on Ljungman tooling that’s been slightly tweaked to make it for 8mm Mauser.

Everything’s the same but scaled to the new cartridge, and given a few extra things (the gas block, the different charging cover, etc.)
I like the bayonet itself, but it’s a bit small for me, and the locking mechanism’s a bitch to release.

>Cheaper than a Ljungman
>Slightly more available ammo
>Only retards get bitten by it, but those that do learn their mistake real quick
As for the rest of it, I can't really attest to it. I don't own one myself just a normal AG m/42b Ljungman. I plan on buying a Hakim and Rasheed now that I've been figuratively bitten by the Ljungman bug.

Attached: zLzpNnD.jpg (2988x5312, 2.42M)

Good luck finding a Rasheed. They're pretty rare...

I see auctions pop up every now and again, the main issue is cost.

How do they end up biting you? Never handled one.

When reloading and you don't have the safety lever on safe, once you insert rounds into the mag from the top the bolt will drop.

I miss mine

Attached: 25580430-611E-4344-87A4-93818C1E4A53.jpg (3024x4032, 3.1M)

Those are some dumb controls.

Kind of, it's just different manual of arms. The safety is this giant fucking lever that you can slap on and off, everything about the gun is meant for gross motor control because of gloves.

Always check the bolt stop to see if it engaged because if that weren't the case that bolt would be flying forward regardless if you have it on safe or not

It's fun gun and probably the lightest shooting rifle I own despite it being 8mm Mauser.

Also, it gets HOT. Make sure you keep clear of any metal parts after dumping a magazine or two.

Attached: HakimSlo.webm (800x450, 1.14M)

It's actually a nice, reasonably accurate, and easy to shoot rifle, albeit with the ergonomics of a telephone pole, and, yes, it will fuck your fingers up bad.

I have a ljungman and I really like it. Although it’s hard to pic between it or the FN49.

Attached: 0CE98722-BFFE-4788-A291-55A53746F4E9.jpg (739x2555, 789K)

Yes, it does get hot after not too many rounds.

rasheed a shit

I thought I saw one on jgsales today

I love mine

Attached: 20180413_160024.jpg (4032x2268, 2.38M)

I have a fun 49 bayonet you want for 60$ plus shipping.

I like mine.

Attached: hakimmag2.webm (640x480, 255K)

I'm kind of interested in Hakims, can you tell me what's happening here?

>chambered in a clown caliber

Sandniggers never made any original weapons, if that's what you're asking.

the bottom plate on the mag wasn't on very well, so when I shot it, the gas system blew it off and vomited the contents of my mag out onto the shooting bench.
It was at the lowest gas setting, but I haven't had the problem since, so I assume the previous owner was just a dumbass and didn't put the mag together right, and I didn't notice until after shooting it.
Awesome gun though.

AF user?

don't worry, shes in a loving home with her new BFF

Attached: AG42 Hakim (1).jpg (3024x1127, 2.35M)

Attached: AG42 Hakim (2).jpg (3024x1157, 2.66M)

Is this an issue with the original Ljungman too? I have thought of getting one.

yes.
don't let that stop you from getting one. just keep a healthy fear of the action so you don't get careless.

I own one. It's very soft shooting and more accurate than most milsurps. The build quality is also extremely high. Biggest problems now are that 8mm mauser is expensive, even online. It also blows gas in your face on every shot so please wear eye protection. I've personally never liked mine. Trying to sell it.

Egypt licensed it from Sweden.

I used one to shoot carp, near Mcmindy in OZ. Not my favorite rifle

Trash rifle with g*rman 8mm m*user. SVT 40 and 7,62r are way better, basically all soviet weapons are the best.

Babby's first attempt at bait

>hurr why do you have your own opinion

I have both, the FN-49 and the Hakim, and I would choose the Hakim anyday.
It's a lot of fun to shoot. And fun to reload.

I have had the Hakim thumb.
I was cleaning the rifle while watching Home Improvement and closed the bolt on my thumb. I thought I had the magazine in, but it was out, which kept the bolt hold open from doing its thing.
It was stupid on my part because I knew better.

I still have my thumb, and I still love the rifle.

Attached: 20150519_170636-1.jpg (3041x1644, 3.29M)

>jam-o-matic garbage rod that gets soot everywhere and strings shots like a 1980s Mini-14 if it gets just a little warm

That wasn't the point. However the original bayonet was never popular and I don't see why the Egyptians would want it unless it was a package deal. It's not as if there weren't better designs to choose from. Perhaps they were simply not interested, what with bayonet charges not being a big thing any more?

Dunno what it is with the Egyptians though. Even if originality never was their thing they have made some good weapon choices. Like the Ljungman and the Carl Gustav M/45.