Is joining air force as a non pilot (excluding the green platoon or the PJ's) the easiest job in the military?

is joining air force as a non pilot (excluding the green platoon or the PJ's) the easiest job in the military?

Attached: 400px-MilitaryGreg3.jpg (400x400, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a8aO5zcELoY
youtube.com/watch?v=zfjIFYd5i54
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>green platoon
That’s Army bud.

Active National Guard doing something like ASP control is top tier cushy job.

Not really?

They're emotional the most physically demanding branch, but they are definitely the smartest, requiring some of the highest ASVAB scores across the board. So you might be in trouble if you're trying to enlist.

You may be better off with the MUHORANGEPEELS as all they really do now is sweep rain and clean rocks.

If you're joining the military looking for a cushy do nothing job I'd suggest you look up work from home call center work on craigslist. Support.com and Telenetworking are both real companies that actually pay you, probably most of the others too.

So you make it to JROTC yet is that for next year when you're actually in high school?

yes don’t listen to this retarddo a brainless cushy job for 4 years, take advantage of TA, then utilize GI bill. too easy

Don't do it, you're (almost) gonna die if you do
youtube.com/watch?v=a8aO5zcELoY

Pretty much. But make sure you use it to springboard into some type of tech job. Like aviation mechanic or nuclear tech or something like that. Most real jobs see one air force/navy tour of duty as an equivalent to a community college or trade school degree as long as you did similar work in the service. I used to be an RF tech, and though I never did military there was huge fucking difference in how well the navy/air force guys knew their job and the community college guys. The community college guys had pretty much just read about it in a book where the military guys actually *did* the job before. Night and day difference in competence.

It would probably be a good idea to study up on the basics of whatever you intend on joining for first, it will make it far more likely that you'll land the job you actually want.

Chaplins aid is easiest thing in the military.

Not when you ruck all day with a bag full of candy

Attached: 120525053744.jpg (416x234, 39K)

Ignore this person.

Get a job with a high security clearance, then when leave you can walk into a cushy .gov or civi job.

Non combat and not security yeah, but boring.

Air Combat Control Teams and Parajumpers are like Tier 1. What are you even going at?

Neither. Couldn't get into AFEOD because eczema so went into University and now I'm finishing my Mech Engineering degree with a internship lined up for a defense contractor when I go back in six months. Helps when you have family that was a E7 technician while they were in, and having since left, has been doing defense contract work for a decade and a half :^)

Having fun with peace time corps? Or are you ass pained that your 30 on the ASVAB doesn't even qualify you for guard duty in the AF, but puts you in the commander bracket for the number one consumer of Crayola MREs?

To reiterate OP, the AF is easy Physically if you're not PJs, mentally, they really ream you especially if you do anything nuclear or is in high demand because they will overwork the shit out of you.

Is there anything I can do to make more money in basic? Because the pay just isn't enough. One sergeant I know said that I should take someone's fire watch for $40 and I can make at least $40 an hour every night. I'm 18 btw

sell cough drops for a dollar a pop or offer to take peoples fire guards shifts for a set amount of money like say 10 or 20 dollars. also how do you have your phone, or are you just waiting to ship out?

Yes, if you're gunning for the tier one shit, it definitely is not easy physically and mentally.

In general though with the majority of AF jobs being dedicated to support, maintenance and intelligence of air space, it's more a mental challenge. And when most people talk about the AF being easy, they're almost always talking about how they've got the least number of boots on the ground typed in the military, and you essentially playing desk jockey.

There certainly is easier jobs like being a cook, but for the most part, it isn't a branch that has it easy.

He's right. Firewatch is a lucrative gig, charging 40-50 an hour for 1-2 hours a night is no problem.

linguist for sure

I'm shipping out in 2 weeks

For real? I'm thinking about doing this

I had to pass on a really good summer job for boot camp and when I come back I'm going straight to college so no time for good work

Depends on the job, the location, and the command/work center. The last point is especially important, but often neglected. A badly run work center with douchebag leadership will make your life hell, and unlike the civilian world, you just have to suck it up and take it.

All in all AF jobs are no more "difficult" than the rest of the military. If you show any amount of proclivity for one specialty, you won't find it challenging. The only shitty part would come down to your work load, but that varies everywhere you go. Its all what you make of it.

I get where the "Chair Force" meme comes from, but honestly the entire modern armed forces are more or less just as cushy, just depends on your attitude.

I know it gets shit on a lot but how hard is SecFo, really? If you stay in long enough, does it get better? More worth it? I know that at first you'll just be mindlessly checking IDs at a gate with an M9 on your belt for 12 hours a day, or just patrolling the base on foot/car, but what about after you've been in for a few years? Any current or former SecFo wanna clue me in on the good and the bad?

They're practically SF youtube.com/watch?v=zfjIFYd5i54

I mean it looks so easy.

I-Is that Onision?
The onion himself??

This is sarcasm right?

Obviously they are not SOF. But it does look dead easy.

Its not worth it if you have a choice and only operator wannabes are proud of it and hate it when people say secfo.

Don't do it, don't go for a career you'll wash out of, avoid open general contracts like the plague, and make sure your recruiter knows this because they'll try to finagle you into a cop slot.

Attached: 1523748014773.gif (178x188, 152K)

>.
i find the idea if the shit hits the fan it would go really badly
imagine having the russians or the chinese or canadians attacking your base and you have to defend against it

it would be insane

>This was a normal person before he joined the airforce and was forced to shit in chairs for his entire contract.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (176x176, 14K)

>keeping them safe back home

Attached: 20180112_204711.jpg (750x1066, 289K)