/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

BLOAT edition

Previous thread LYEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD
LYIENG ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD
LYEING ON A POLYGRAPH = DEPENDS ON IF YOU'RE A GOOD LOYER

Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"
>Discord
discordapp.com/invite/ZJPxxTj
>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

airwarriors.com/community/
Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
No.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, to do shitty work, and the job prospects are a lie.

CG info
gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS KTHX
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: 1524876762892.gif (725x447, 2.76M)

what's the best way to become a NEET after my service?

Attached: 1527368199955.jpg (512x512, 18K)

91F, slowly steal tools and parts

Become gunsmith neet

>they wont find it, maybe

The internet is conflicted. Some of it says shut the fuck up and 'i forgot' and some says fess up asap

:(

I guess ill try and get a hold of the guy at MEPs who sent my sf86 and just deal with it

Fall on your spine.

Dude youre making a mistake. They arent gonna find it.

Dont say shit. Youre old enough and its been long enough that you could forget the drivers license thing. The other one is literally nothing. DONT SAY SHIT. The license only would have been an issue if it happened sooner, it didnt, so youre good.

what's the best way to bullshit out of the Army? starting to get to me. I want to try BH but that'll take for fucking ever to push through

Literally go to psych doctor and say your angry all the time, and you can get chaptered for anger management. Or be super narcasistic, saw a dude get kicked out for that.

Whats your job and shit bro? Let papa chief 350F give you some guidance.

just tell medical you have lower back pain over and over

Dont do this. I knew a kid who did that for 1.5 years before they finally gave him an xray and mri to show that he had 4 herniated discs and needed surgery. Kid was in legit pain and wouldnt do shit.

Fuck

Ok

I put my life in anons hands ,

>BH
what?

Dont worry bro. The worst that happens if they find out is fine you for the physical exams, and testing you got at meps and bar you from ever trying to join the military again. Worst case scenario is you get a federal charge

behavioral health

Attached: tfw-u-start-to-regret-ur-whole-life.png (308x315, 181K)

Just a 68w that's tired of the CoC bullshit, i'm overall just fucking done with the Army desu. My back is fucking with me, started doing 60/120 this morning for Pt and felt like passing out. Last week i had a 102.5 fever and had to wait in formation for an hour because big dick SFC had to give a speech about bullshit and didn't release us so i could go to sick call.

that's part of the plan desu, I legit want an MRI at some point. None of that x-ray and you're good bullshit.

Attached: 1488230488184.jpg (2560x1440, 292K)

Are you in a hospital or other? If other, you can always request a switch to another company or unit.

Back shit is fucky trust me i feel you. Go to a chiropractor they are legit, and tricare covers it, if it miraculously doesnt then its 40 bucks without insurance. Its fucking worth it, i go to one at least once a month, does fucking wonders.

If youre having back issues, and its too painful to do pt with the group, get a profile. Theres no fucking shame in it.

Dude I once stood in line 6 hours for a flu shot with my platoon, only to be told by a 68w that the flu shots are tomorrow. Dude was walking back and forth past us all day.

If your doctor sucks go to patient care advocate.

If youre really set on doing the lower back thing, please at least have 2 other issues so you can get a medboard and retirement. get that 30% its fucking worth it. Dont take fucking severence check bullshit, you have to pay that shit back, its only an advance on your VA disability.

How much TIS you got and how much time you got left?

I will end with this, dont quit the mil just cause your command is shitty, there are so many ways to get out of that type of situation. Imo you should stick with it. Its worth it in the long run. Just stick it out until the contract is over, then reclass to something better, or switch to reserves and live civ life while collecting retirement benefits for later.

What should I expect from 19k OSUT as a nasty girl? I can’t really find much online.

As a 13F will I be able to attend advanced combat schools like sniper selection?

Nope, only 11b and 19d are allowed to go to army sniper school.

You can go to designated marksman school though, or whatever its called.

FYI make your way to regiment as fast as possible. Regular fisters rarely get to do their shit. They are like 19d in that way, where 11A commanders dont know how to fucking use them.

i have 4 years this september my ETS is Oct 2020, counting down the fucking days.

How does that medboard thing work? So i need to have crippling back pain + two other things to get it to work?

I'm sorry man i really don't want to stay in any longer

can wizards become special forces
t. wizard

yes

You signed a 6 year contract? What bonus did you get?

You can medboard on one thing alone, but youll leave with only a severence check of a couple grand, and youll get maybe 400 bucks a month from the VA. If youre gonna do it, make sure there is other shit that is wrong with you to make it at least worth it. If you get 30% disabled, you get a retirement id card, access to tricare, and some other shit. The retirement card is worth its weight in gold. I will warn you medboards can take anything from 6 months to 2 years. So be sure this is the route you want to go.

Literally report all medical issues you have when the time comes, im talking, hearing, skin conditions, feet issues, any pains or aches, whatever.

You can always take a chapter as well, but you get nothing from it.

Good thing you got at least 3 years done, so you can at least use your gi bill.

What do you want to do after your out? I can give you some advice for getting civ jobs if you would like. Im familiar with your job area and know plenty of medical dudes and what they ended up doing and what they had to go through. Also know how govt jobs and contracting jobs work too if thats what you wanna do.

Fail your PT TEST/get fat. Both honerabl discharges

t.PT failure

If I had some classes in special education for a learning disorder when I was a kid elementary school , will it be a big deal if I join? I don't have those issues as an adult.

I reenlisted at 18 months out for 4 years. I am currently a paramedic in the Army,

the way my CoC make it sound is that if you fail two Pt test and height and weight its apparently insanely fucking hard to get a job on the outside does any of this hold up at all? I probably won't gain the weight but i can fail two Pt test

>he way my CoC make it sound is that if you fail two Pt test and height and weight its apparently insanely fucking hard to get a job on the outside does any of this hold up at all?

Well I've failed 2 PT tests(not in a row, im still in) Every time I was sat down to get counciled by the CO, he told be it was an honerable, and I'd retain all my benefits.

So they're lying to you

Do you hold a paramedic or emt certification? Or are you just using that as a title? Whats your plan on the outside.

Ya you can do a pt or weight failure like other user said if you really want a quick way out. Its an automatic honorable discharge. And Your CoC is full of shit in what they said. You would get out on an honorable, with nothing else saying the reason why you were discharged on your dd214. So no one on the outside would know.

I just dont want you to leave without anything bro. I mean youll have the gi bill to use, but if you have a legit medical issue you should push for the medboard. Its long process, but youll be put into a different unit for medholds and you will get some shit out of it. An injury is an injury, get what you can. Once youre out, you get NOTHING.

You have to fail to records in a row to be discharged fyi. Diagnostics dont count for shit.

I am a licensed paramedic i was thinking of going the firefighter paramedic route or Police paramedic. Borderpatrol paramedic if i stay around texas

alright cool, at least you got that going for you. Go firefighter paramedic, they make more than anyone else. And while you do that, work on and get an RN license. To make some real big bucks. You dont need a bachelors to be an RN fyi. But if you wanna get one, then whatever, Im just letting you know you dont need one.

no bullshit

>be in a medcom unit
>work at a clinic
>fucker is trying to get out
>fucker fails 5 pt test
>almost every single one but the last two they count as "diagnostics"
>in germany so 3 year tour
>they decide to try to keep him because they never push the paperwork
>make him do extra Pt, bullshit taskings
>flagged for a year and a half
>finally gets out for Pt failing
>could have just waited out his contract anyway

> failed 2 PT tests
absolut shame

But yes, in general, it has to be 2 in a row and not diagnostics. And even then, they probably won't give you and other than honorable (although its an option).

But they shouldn't have to tbqh. You should hang yourself for failing your unit, your family, your father, and yourself.

Don't forget to ask for a 4-day for your boys when u do!

Sounds like his unit was nice. Too bad he was a fuck up, they gave him so manychances.

there's the guy

>failed 2 PT tests

My unit doesn't do PT, we do it on our own, and it's too cold to run in the winter and I get fat :(

wtf are diagnostics

There are two different kinds of pt tests, diagnostics, and records. Records are the ones that count for you.....record. If you fail 1 record youre flagged and have to do extra pt and bullshit, you fail 2 records in a row, you get kicked. Diagnostics are basically mock pt tests you do a month or so before a record.

Diagnostics are what you call a record when you want to fuck the soldier over

>diagnostic: routine check
>record: for srs

"fucking a soldier over" is nonsense because unless the dudes straight off a multimonth profile, he'll pass no problem. It takes a true fatbodied faggot to fail once, plus a failure of will and discipline to fail twice.

I'm not a fatbody and I've never even been taped.
But I failed a run once because it was too cold out and I couldn't get any sleep the night before. And then I ran a 90 on the next PT test.
Sometimes you just have a bad day and can't run.

Black user here

Which branch is the most welcoming to POC?

I'd assume the Air Force.

and then the marine corps would probably be the branch with the most people from fly over red states that don't interact with POC that much.

Nobody in the service gives a shit if you’re a nigger. Except for maybe coasties, even then they aren’t a real branch.

Don't be an insubordinate dumbass/fuckup and you'll be welcome in any branch.

>n*gger

Do service members use racist slurs so nonchalant?

It seemed like the majority of my senior staff NCOs in the USMC were black. Generally speaking, people don’t care about your race. It’s far more important that you’re not a shitbag, and those come in every size and shape.

No. People on Jow Forums do, you retarded nigger. You must be new here, and as such, should leave.

Depends on the branch and career field. Normally no, but once you get close in your unit you can see that there’s certain people high up and at your level who won’t give a shit/ say it with you.

just fake a hate crime

Stfu neverserved

nigger

Twin-Turbo nigger

depends on the branch id imagine. It’s was only ever used in a friendly way when I was around. You generally wouldn’t use some kind of slur unless you knew everyone around you was cool. You can make all kinds of inappropriate nicknames and such in tight knit groups.

We don't need anymore niggers serving desu

Why would you think the Air Force would be more welcoming than other branches?

Army and Marines are notorious for hazing and other fuck fuck games.

Air Force and navy people seem to have a bit more humanity from my experience

We made a kid stand under the pisser drain on a MC-130P and do an “inspection” turned on the bleed air and made him cry when he got drenched in it. Supervisor and the two mechanics got an LOR from it. Hazing is shit everywhere you go friendo
> Air Force Acft Maintenance

My dad was a marine and said a lot of marines would play a game where one marine would slowly move his hands towards another marines dick and they tried to see how far that went till one of em would back off

I had a Marine roommate who told me about gay chicken.

The pisser on the P model was powered by bleed air FYI in case you were wondering why he would cry if he got hit with bleed air. He didn’t. He got his with their piss.

So I’m fairly sure I have no chance of passing the physical due to a combination of things I had as a kid that you can see on my body (so I can’t lie). However, I’m actually perfectly fine, in good shape, etc. Is it possible to write a letter to a congressman or authority and get them to pass me? My grandpa did it to join the air force in the 80s and I was wondering if there’s a certain way to go about it.

>game

Attached: 1527293837682.gif (414x382, 2.82M)

tell us exactly what they are.

You maintainers are real salty cunts

My dad says to never play gay chicken cuz my family always plays to win.
What does that mean?

Had open heart surgery to correct a small valve at 4 weeks old, eczema, and I could lie about the last one, but I was also on antidepressants for a few months in high school and I figure they’d see that when I gave them documents about everything else. Basically just had some problems as a kid that don’t matter now.

get a tan and rub vitamin e or whatever over the scar, and if they ask, boogie board accident.

Seems like an easy game to win. Do I get extra points if I use my mouth?

Why wouldn’t we be. We work the shittiest hours, in the shittiest conditions, with the shittiest equipment while some chucklefuck is getting paid the same doing a 9-5 with an hour and a half for lunch. I think it’s understandable to a certain extent.

As a flyer, I feel your sympathy.
Oh and here you go, half a dozen 781As. Enjoy!

Basically my plan. If it doesn’t work though, is the letter thing possible? I just want to know if that’s still something that works.

What airframe? I have less hatred for MC aircrew cause that was my first. Those guys are worth half a shit. Now I deal with “crew door feels hard to close” written up under a red X

listen up.
were your parents EVER in the armed forces? have you EVER been on tricare?
have you EVER had issues playing sports due to your surgery?
have you EVER felt depressed since high school?

if the answer to any of these is yes, don't join. if not, lie about all that stuff and never breathe a word of it to another soul. that means don't mention it to anyone while in, even if they're friendly, don't tell your buddies, don't tell your chaplain, take it to your grave.

you realize this will likely extend your stay? No of course you don't, shut the fuck up an stop giving bad advice.
Getting medsepped is not a quick process.

Facts, they ended up doing surgery and burning one of my NCOs nerves cause he tried this shit. They said “you can’t feel the pain now because you don’t have nerves there anymore” military medecine frightens me

No to all. I think I dun goofed though. I tried to join the army in high school and was rejected for the listed reasons, so I’m sure it’s all on record. Even if it wasn’t my chest scar is obvious as fuck

did you go to meps?

I'm in ROTC and thinking about dropping out (just finished first year, no repercussions) and going through OCS or PLC instead. Will DORing from ROTC affect me negatively when I go to apply? Can I still be accepted?

>brother was a marine
>said he was the king of gay chicken
>had all the tricks to make a man crumble
>At one point he even had sex with a man in his barracks room to really prove his bonafides

Redpill me on green to gold anons. Or just enlisted to officer programs in general. I recently signed my contract because I thought I had no other option, then out of literal nowhere a nursing school is offering me a seat for a 2yr program with scholarship (was a shit 3 yrs ago and dropped out so didn't expect to get back in.)

I'm now considering going on to compete for a bachelors program and going officer route instead. What do I do if my endgoal is officer?

Were you on scholarship?

Medical officer is fine. There's also AMEDD.

You can ignore your contract and just not go to basic if you decide to. Nothing bad will happen but don't try to reenlist after for awhile.

No, but I told my recruiter everything

I just hate to seem like a shitbag. My recruiters and the overall command for my region has been very chill and helpful for me thus far and I'd really hate to negatively effect them, so much to the point I haven't even brought up the nursing school to them yet.
So would it be smarter to go ahead and get my degrees myself, or try for officer programs while enlisted? Pros and cons of either? I'm trying to google what I can but I always get referred back to the same pages that don't give me much more info than I already know.

It's your life choice. I personally don't think it matters how they feel or how nice they are since it's a major life choice whether you enlist or not. Not telling you not to do it, just that there wouldn't be repercussions if you altered paths before shipping out. It's not mean to make a choice that is best for your life goals.

If you go enlisted, you'll get the 4 year covered, you won't have ditching the contract on record, and you get paid more as an officer if you were enlisted. Plus you could be a 68w for a bit.

I'm already 23. 4 yr contract and 4 yr school wouldn't I be too old? Just feel like it's a shit or get off the pot type situation.

Is 19D a good place to start if I want to end up 18X?

18x is a good place to start if you want to end up 18 series. go for what you want from the get go.

I wouldn't say so. But I'm really biased. The best officers tend to be ones who enlisted then later even in their 30's became officers. They generally get more respect too. It isn't the best if your goal is power rankings. But honestly, that isn't easy in the officer ranks anyways. But my opinion is probably useless. I enlisted with a 4 year degree. Granted my goal is warrant since I'm technical focused.

hows being an Army reserve officer? Did 4 years as an Enlisted Marine and I wanna continue my service in a lesser capacity. I've wanted to go officer but because I went enlisted as a Marine that path is closed.

How deep do they delve into medical history for TS clarence? Might have conveniently forgotten some stuff when I joined up

What could you tell someone looking to be a 68W?

Go national guard, you get state and federal benefits and you get choice of your mos and bade. Tons of marines end up going there. The difference between officer and enlisted isn't as big because we are much more influenced by civilian life so it isn't as stratified. I've gone to the bar with my major and staff sergeants a few times while I'm an e-4 for instance just to hang out. I also train bjj with them. I still show them respect, but it isn't as retarded as active is.

It can be badass. Great if you plan on medical in the future. One of my friends just switched to it.

Navyfag here,
The army has the most blacks in it with the Navy close behind it. The USMC and Airforce has a much smaller black population. The funny thing is, even though the blacks in my bootcamp wanted to join the navy, they couldn't swim.

That's good to hear. I'd like to become a registered nurse after my time in the army and I was hoping 68W could best help facilitate that, besides something like 68C. If possible, get my associate's degree while I'm in, and then go back to college after I'm out.

What's aviation in the coast guard like, everything I've seen makes it seem like good shit, enlisted and officer side.