QTDDTOT

QTDDTOT
BIG BORE edition. Old thread is dying so I started a new one. I've got a super Blackhawk in .44mag that I bought used at my LGS, and today while cleaning it I noticed someone scratched a number on the inside of the top strap. WTF could it be? The gun already has a serial number for identification purposes.

Attached: IMG_20180530_174314864.jpg (3120x4160, 2.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

jackweigand.com/Ruger-Super-Blackhawk-454-480-Ruger-Scope-Mount.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's the password to the former owner's darkweb locker. If only you knew his username you would be swimming in bitcoin and CP.

Fuck Bitcoin dogecoin is the future

>part number
>part S/N -not gun

>the serialized frame has its own part number

TO THE MOON!

Post a pic of the whole gun.
>blackhawks make me moist
>tfw unashamed

Attached: 1453524899452.jpg (859x679, 31K)

That looks hand etched. Was it sold at auction at any point?

>Old thread is dying
Which one?
We now have 3 QTDDTOTts, none at the bump limit. This one is now on page 2, so perhaps we should start another one?

Fuck m8 I'm sorry I only found one and it was at 270+ replies

Try not to cum too hard

Attached: IMG_20180530_191951298.jpg (3577x2890, 1.64M)

That's a pretty good guess but then again the gun has a serial number for tracking/identification purposes, so what is the point of adding another number

this is common on old rifles too, look at 1903 bolts with the serials etched on them, major assemblies will usually have amplified information on them

That's the man social security number. No joke. Back in the day it was recommended by the police to use that or the driver's license number in case the gun was stolen.

I've had a hundred or so Blackhawks go through my shop, and I never saw that before.

Could be an evidence tag number, or the previous owners Driver's License number. I have seen people electro-pencil their Social Security Number on their gun...

Choke on a dick, OP. The other thread had 40 posts until bump limit.

No u :^)

Attached: Ruger Blackhawk.jpg (1023x682, 136K)

Attached: Ruger 454 and 480 Super Blackhawks.jpg (1100x731, 393K)

If I were to put a lightweight BCG (8.9 oz) into a midlength AR build without an adjustable gas block, what would I have to do to ensure that it cycled properly? Lighter buffer spring and buffer?

Yeah you would definitely need a lighter buffer and spring. You decrease the weight of the bolt while keeping a heavy buffer you'll have feeding issues.

Where can I find the scope mount on the top one?

uhm...google? I swear to god you assholes need jesus.

jackweigand.com/Ruger-Super-Blackhawk-454-480-Ruger-Scope-Mount.html

Attached: 1526688789215.jpg (465x465, 56K)

>My super Blackhawk might've killed someone
Neat

My M57 has the. Same thing on the inside of the slide, a different 4 number code than the serial number on the side of the slide.

Attached: Blackhawk .45 ACP & Longcolt Convertibe, Floral Pewter Grips.jpg (1600x1146, 1.24M)

>cycled properly
This requires a small lecture to properly explain.

When you mess with the speed of the action, you mess with the following steps in the cycle of operation:
>unlocking
>extracting
>ejecting
>feeding/chambering
>locking

In an AR, everything up to feeding is assured simply by making the bolt face clear the ejection port. Feeding, and everything up to pulling the trigger, is dependent on having enough spring force / bolt carrier momentum to push a round out of the magazine, into the chamber, and to rotate the bolt shut. In a clean and lubricated AR, you can ride the charging handle and expect things to work. This isn't the case when the rifle gets dirty.

Background covered, let's get into what you're trying to accomplish. Think back to high school physics, and remember the equation for the frequency of a mass on a spring:
>omega = sqrt(k/m)
Using a stiffer spring and/or less mass leads to a faster thing-on-a-spring. In the AR, this means the action cycles faster, but there's other nuance. Less mass also means that the spring will need to compress more to soak up the same initial energy (read: the same amount of gas pressure pushing on the bolt carrier for the same distance inside the piston chamber). This leads to an action that's more violent, and you'll notice this when you shoot the rifle. You can reduce this by using a stiffer spring, which also gets you a faster action, but it won't have so much of a violent impulse. This will also compensate for the reduced bolt momentum that might cause feeding and locking issues.

The third variable, which you chose to not change, is the initial energy of the bolt carrier. You can tune this with an adjustable gas block, or by shooting reduced power loads (like in every other racegun). If you're changing everything else, you should get an adjustable gas block, because it adds fine adjustment that other components don't.

In summary:
>lighter bcg
>heaver spring
>buy an adjustable gas block you faggot

Attached: RugerTurnbull020.jpg~original.jpg (1600x1200, 433K)

Anyone has that image of our board wedding with /an/?

Okay Jow Forums people I have a odd question, can a caddle prod be used as a CC weapon?

How strong is adhesive velcro tape?
Because my LBT 6094 doesn't have removable front panel
So I've been thinking about putting some adhesive velcro tape made by velcro on it
Will it be strong enough to hold a modular front panel with 3 Steel mags in place?

Attached: image.jpg (1728x2048, 712K)

Thanks for the info. I plan on getting an adjustable gas block in the near future, just didn't think to pick one up this go around.

You can give it a try, but I honestly wouldnt trust it. The amount of moisture and grime that will get behind the panel from regular use would probaby cause the adhesive to fail fairly quickly

how do you know if a gun can handle +p rounds?
>just shoot it, if it blows up, it couldn't handle them
no really though

Looks like a decent revolver thread.

Attached: 20170810_222317.jpg (2880x2160, 2.81M)

This actually.

Attached: 20170808_204249.jpg (2880x2160, 2.26M)

How do the fighters on both sides of the Ukraine conflict compare to the fighters in the Syria conflict? Who would win if they faught each other

My M9 is rattling near where the hammer would be, is this something I should be worried about or is it normal?

So we all know that 300 Blackout is a meme. But HOW MUCH of a meme is it? Is it a complete meme that should not receive an iota of my time? Or does it have any practical benefits for a HD gun?

It knocks piggers on their ass in the East Texas woods so it should be fine for 2 legged critters in your house. It also suppresses really well

Attached: IMG_20180418_205823337_LL.jpg (4038x2377, 1.87M)

Near the hammer? Do you mean the spring for the hammer? The hammer itself? Either way an m9 shouldn't be shaking anywhere. Find out exactly what is shaking and don't shoot it anymore. I nearly had the firing pin go through my face on my CZ-52 because I ignored a "shake"

So your question DID deserve its own thread.

I have a Benelli Nova in 20 ga. If I sold it what should I replace it with for a home defense weapon?

Attached: nova-pump-field-shotgun-20-gauge[1].png_itok=_W3hS_fj.png (1004x353, 112K)

I would go for an AR pistol, 10.5 in barrel. You can go with .300 memeout if you wanna run a can efficiently, although 556 would do fine

A benelli nova in 12g

Just get a shorter barrel for it.

much appreciated

I ordered a mag from Bud's last week and they sent me a tracking number but the status still says USPS hasn't received it. Should I email support or wait it out? It was shipped separate from my ammo so I'm wondering if they just never sent it.

I was going to suggest social security number.

I've had stuff sent to me that never gave me a shipping number. It would be a good idea to call and see to make sure but they probably just didn't bother to give you a shipping number

The thing is they did send me a tracking number, it just never updated after 6 days. I checked a minute ago and looks like it finally shipped. Maybe Amazon's spoiled me, but when I get a "shipped" notification, I expect my package to actually be shipped.

Adhesive velcro does not stick to fabric for long. Either don't do it, or have someone sew a patch of normal velcro on for you.