Gunbroker

How do I win on Gunbroker? Strategies please.

Attached: b85.png (600x436, 184K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbroker.com/item/772697540
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bid the highest?

This tactic works

Essentially you just have to be willing to pay nothing much to it

That's obvious. I'm asking for strategies.

Overpay considerably

>tfw, I know there are jew sellers who use a secondary account to bid war with potential buyers.

Attached: 26CFC38B-1BB1-4813-89D4-4718546C6456.jpg (509x625, 37K)

Look for an auction ending late or semi late at night. Bid the minimum with 1 min left to extend the auction 15 more minutes. If your competition bids again it will reset the timer to 15 mins. When it's down to 1 min and you are not the highest bidder just bid the minimum 1 again to reset the timer. Eventually you will hit the other guys Max bid or he will get tired and go to bed letting you win at a lower price.

I just place my max bid at the 15 minute mark and leave . If I dont win, I dont worry about it since I put what I was willing to pay

This. OP you’ll definitely want to start bidding higher than other bidders. That’s the key - if other people are bidding higher than you, you’re most likely going to lose the auction. Good luck user.

There's a couple of options besides "just bid highest lol"
>follow what says
>find a bunch of guns that have a reserve (people rarely touch them) and then bid your desired amount on them when they have 16 minutes left (you can get lucky and hit the reserve with no time left)
>search for guns incorrectly listed due to being in the wrong category, misspelled names, etc

bid on shit that doesnt have pictures.

I get this a lot. Theyll keep bidding at the 1 minute mark to increase the time at the lowest increment. Its such a dick move and I sometimes hope they win so they have to pay the selling fee

The only way to win is not to play

>Ask them if they'll trade for car parts
>Tell them you'll mail them cash if they agree to not do an ffl
>Ask them if they will trade their $1000 rifle for your Glock. 40 (Hi-Point)
>Offer everyone exactly half of what they're asking

>I KNOW WHAT I'VE GOT

Most sensible and only appropriate answer
Staying around you'll feel tempted to keep bidding too
>intentionally being a shithead
Weird world

>going on Fuddbroker

Wew

When you're a milsurp collector and can't find what you want in your lgs, gun show, or armslist, then where else am I supposed to go? Pawn shops here never have anything good btw.

I find what I'm looking for that is BUY IT NOW.

>will you trade for $1500 of scuba gear?

Even buying new Gunbroker is the best user. In the last 3 years I haven't found a single NIB gun I wanted that I couldn't get cheaper on GB than at the LGS. Shipping + xfer fee < sales tax like 100% of the time.

Be patient. Just keep putting your personal max on every example that pops up until you win one.

Three shoe beating

Attached: the_almighty_three_shoe_beating_by_sbolton123-daqatuu.png (223x200, 58K)

> buy gun
> need to play secretary and tell the destination FFL to send their license info to the seller
> seller can't just make a phone call
> mfw

Attached: eddy_why.png (640x480, 435K)

Don't forget:
>need to pay for the archaic method of money transfer they demand to use instead of credit card or paypal
I wouldn't be as angry about money orders if they covered the fees involved.

Well lads, I won.

But what did you win?

Ignore most items with reserves, you may as well just buy retail

Literally this. But you usually dont get lucky and find night bidding wars.

You just gotta show our wallet strength because GB doesnt allow last minute snipers.

What did you win, and how much?

Attached: Capture+_2018-05-30-21-43-03.png (720x1199, 280K)

That's pretty good as long as the bore isn't some rusty pipe. Have fun reloading for it though.

ok boys, how do i win?
gunbroker.com/item/772697540

>trying to win on a seller known for shill bidding
You're fucked. Next thing you're gonna tell me is you want to find the reserve price on a Pawnman gun.

The bore is supposedly pristine. At least Privi is there to hold my hand until I have equipment one day.

>Angry about paying $1.25
>For a several hundred dollar purchase

Attached: gaston-and-belle-what-the-fuck-am-i-reading.jpg (500x357, 41K)

Simple, bid $6500. That's about what they go for.

That's another $1.25 that the seller should be paying, not me. I bet you think it actually costs $40+ to ship a gun too.

Having shipped many guns, yeah it can cost that much. Not always, but it can.

>Pawnman

I was actually in their shop down in Florida last year. All of their shit is way overpriced in store. The only thing that was reasonable was a crate of meh condition 1916 Mausers they had.

Also pic is something I got for less than $100 the going rate not on GB by not using GB :^)

Attached: IMG_20170910_215536.jpg (3456x4608, 2.9M)

Bullshit guns do not cost $40+ to ship. It costs around $25 or so.

Ok bud.

>defending ripoff practices
Please stop doing that. I'll be happy to pay ACTUAL shipping, but I want proof that the shipping will cost what you claim it will.

40 bucks shipping is pretty much par for the course. Never saw shipping from any business or individual any less, and almost never any more.

Attached: tumblr_ojnsq1p8sN1r8ru56o1_1280.png (760x570, 340K)

Then by what magic am I getting guns shipped to me for $25-$30 right now? $40+ is just the seller pocketing the excess money.

Shipping long guns this is mostly true, they can ship ground pretty easy. Handguns however make FedEx and UPS get all butthurt and they force you to use priority overnight which can easily be $40-60+. FFLs and only FFLs however, can ship handgats to each other using the USPS for about $25. However I’ve found they usually charge you $20-25+ for the trouble

Ironically I always see the opposite on Gunbroker. It's ALWAYS some shit like $25 for handguns but $40 for long guns.

The only ones I have won were low priced buy now, but the only tactic is to be ready to out bid the average scmuck.

Attached: Supreme.png (232x293, 78K)

Thats unfortunate. I want one but not that badly at the moment.

Well spill the beans then, so the sellers who charge fair shipping can get more attention and drive out the overpriced competition.

>15000 firm, no low ballers

I've found you get the actual deals from people who are individuals and not these shitty online stores. Like the guy with 50 rep ends up being way better than some 1,000+ rep asshole.

Find people trying to jew the seller who already has a killer buy it now price.

Then click buy it now.

I bought my M1A new in the box, for 1100, with 10 springfield mags, and 400 rounds of lake city.

The sad part is that it had 11 bidders and not one of them realized the deal, or were too stupid to just spend the extra 200 dollars and be guaranteed.

Outside of being patient, gunbroker sucks asshole.