Jow Forums Boots

What are some Jow Forums approved boots?

Attached: DJhp_HzU8AA6ocs.jpg (1015x676, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

haixusa.com/haix-airpower-xr200
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My Salomons

Attached: Primary Secondary 6.jpg (2000x2252, 1.55M)

Lowa, Hanwag, Meindl

Make your own out of tires and dead animals

>Upside down ESSE with paracord wrap
You were doing really well at practicool not tacticool up to that point.

just kinda threw everything together ese, don't take it personell

No water, no ifak, no comms. How is this practical?

Scarpa and their peers. Surplus boots and hipster day hikers need not apply.

I'm not talking about practical for LARPing like some faglord I'm talking about practical for 'i'm gonna go shoot innawoods/desert/mountains and I don't want to keep my mags on me 'cause I'm not benchresting'.

There's nothing wrong with day hiking, don't act elitist if there's nothing elite about you or what you do.

That said, I bought some cheap second hand and old Scarpas off ebay a few years ago and they were good boots. I would buy new ones with confidence. But I like my Meindl Borneo.

Yeah why get something durable for half the price lmao hipsters

What boots are those?

I just got pic related the other day, they've opened my eyes to hiking boots. Very comfy and seem well made

Attached: 676004m2_ts.jpg (1155x1155, 123K)

Like everything else on here the answer is, it depends on what you are doing.
If you are hiking the Appalachia Trail you need different boots than if you are slogging through the swamps.
So what do you need them for and we can give better answers.

I'm mostly looking for combat boots but I'm also looking for any boot in general.

Rhodesian waxi combat boots from kommando store

They actually any good?

From what I heard yes.

Just got a pair today my dude
Unfortunately they look mega bulky unless I wear some baggier pants with a longer leg for a bit of a break over the boot.
They look stupid with my new 5.11 Defender Flex slim pants which fit really well otherwise

fuck of to /fa/

The kommando store planning on doing a second run of these boots? I missed the first sale from a lack of funds and was awful sore about it.

Attached: 1470186331698.png (1088x928, 1.51M)

They did but it's been several months and don't think they are ever going to ship.

They look like Paki crap

Trail boots: lowas
Backpacking boots: shnee's
backcountry boots: hanwag

Attached: 139750_20640-briar-pitstop-8-medium-round-toe-boot_large.jpg (320x400, 11K)

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.95M)

All these heavy ass boots... they last longer but the extra weight takes a toll to your feet and ankles.

Hiking shoes let me go a couple more miles per day. Weight, breath-ability and comfort are top priority. Socks are very important too.

I know, it's easy to say Rule #5 harden the fuck up, and yeah, definitely. Lightweight footwear requires considerably less energy to reach out further and climb higher

Sure. Provided the terrain you are hiking is is suited for hiking shoes, like established paths and barren open terrain. Put them on and deal with mud up to your knees, deal with ice cold brooks, deal with stone quarries a mile wide and long, deal with snake terrain, then give a fresh review of your small shoes. People have been protecting their legs since before the stone age for a reason.

Attached: m77.jpg (532x600, 342K)

I say this in every boot thread, but anything designed for fighting wildfire will be the most durable boot you can get. While they aren't Nike's, the modern designs are getting more comfortable than the older ones, and they are designed to hold up to scorching heat and long hikes season after season. You will pay a premium, but the money will go towards more than just a name. Danner Flashpoint 2.0, White's, Wesco, tgere are several great ones to choose from.

There's a tool for every job... some Jow Forums related activities are very similar to hiking, some aren't. Combat boots provide foot protection for, well, combat in a way hiking boots mostly don't.

Bates

Gotta say that these 5.11 Speed RapidDry have really held up for me. They're lightweight, very maneuverable, easy to pack/stow (for a boot) AND sturdy. They've been through a lot, and I'm surprised how well they've endured, honestly, because they weren't costly.
Drawback, is they aren't very waterproof. BUT they DO dry rapidly. For my purposes, I value agility more than waterproofing, so these were great for me. Great tread on em too.

Attached: IMG_6275.jpg (2448x3264, 2.19M)

Are those kangaroo and if so who makes them and where can I get a pair?

can anybody name the boots in pic related?

Attached: T U C K E D.jpg (2830x1860, 3.22M)

Man I really like my merrels, but I hate where the mesh is positioned on my wide ass feet.

I'm thinking the wides would have helped mitigate this issue, but I like the way the normal size feel on my feet.

>pic related, larperated to hard in the desert

Attached: 20180513_130836.jpg (4032x3024, 2.72M)

They are surprisingly bulky, I agree. They're still really light and super easy and comfy to walk in, they have like a natural rocking motion when wearing them or something, they just feel really good. I'm used to traditional big heavy work boots, so this is a big change

I went through about 15 pairs of boots until I finally settled on these. Bates jungle boots and Salomon GTX Mid(?).

Bates at work, range, in the shop, etc. and the Salomon for /out/ innawoods.

Attached: 20180601_111437.jpg (4032x3024, 3.61M)

US jungle boots

They're Norwegian military service boots, and unissued pairs are available through varusteleka.

That definitely looks like an issue a 2E would have prevented.

Propably M-1966 Jungle Boots, or some later model of US jungle boots. Been trying to hunt a pair down but it's not that easy in euroland.

the most overpriced shit you'll find on the internet

>went through 15 pairs
what the fuck

But 100% of everyone in this thread will never in their lifetime go into combat

I bought a pair of Austrian surplus boots for like $30, after I put new soles and laces on them they're actually pretty comfy

Attached: 0890-3.png (1000x828, 551K)

Life is a war.

I was doing metal pour at a foundry in an environment not dissimilar to the pic. Milsurp boots and a lot of leather boots didn't hold up well at all.

I transitioned to a job doing fencing on large ranches, where I was on rough ground a lot, and became picky with the comfortability of my boots. I bought/sold pairs on eBay until I found these Bates at a tactical supply store.

Attached: metal.jpg (1920x1322, 317K)

Ja for faen

Attached: 1494490822063.png (505x800, 34K)

Sorry to break it to ya bud but you missed the second order as well
They're sitting in africa rn, theyre trying to secure an air freight so they should ship soon hopefully

Just get some redwings if you don’t want to look like an autistic school shooter.

Attached: 03E3E45F-B431-4A19-87AE-17107C11008C.jpg (640x640, 160K)

Those looks like something a clown would wear in a war.

post your boots

Attached: 1329369176291.jpg (492x410, 25K)

real boots for non clowns

Attached: 1122171744.jpg (1600x1200, 394K)

Thanks for proving my point, Klebold

What are those?

I really like the Rocky C4T's (pic related). Comfy as shit, super lightweight and they've held up well so far. Rocky S2V's are the shit, it's pretty much the only boot I've seen SF guys wear.

Previously had Nike SFB's, they were comfy and light and effay but fell apart really fast.

Belleville makes good boots (was issued them) but they're heavier and not as comfy.

For more civilian stuff, I'd say either go with the Merell MOAB for drier climates and the Lowa Renegade. I've also heard good things about the Lowa Zephyr, but they're too chunky for me.

Attached: IMG_8432.png (640x1136, 1.46M)

Dude tell me about it I buy 13 ff extra wides and my feet are still deformed from being pinched at my pinkie toes.

They're just boots, and people compliment them all the time, I can see them looking bad if I tucked my pants in, but I don't because I'm not autistic.
But I'd rather look like a school shooter than I belong in a circus

Austrian paratrooper boots, got them on kommandostore for like $15 each
you can still get them there, but they're gonna be like over 300% increase in price like everything else Ivan is selling these days

SF wears whatever is free 99

1/10 would wear innawoods

haixusa.com/haix-airpower-xr200
I know that Jow Forums cant afford them but theyre Breddy nice.

They're bringing in extras along with the preorders, so just keep your eyes peeled for the next couple weeks or else it will probably be another few months before they take more orders and several more months after that until they actually get to you. Next week marks 4 whole months of waiting for them when they originally said delivery within 10 weeks.

Fellow deformed pinkie toe bro, I know this pain. Doesn't help it you like to go rucking for a decent distance either.

>tfw my merrels are more comfy with holes in the sides on them

Attached: 1526059124191.jpg (502x472, 60K)

stop larping as Jow Forumsommandos irl

Attached: vertigo917_alt6.jpg (1200x1200, 336K)

Haix air power boots always remind me of this guy

Attached: Replica_Recon.jpg.cf.jpg (340x509, 37K)

Any recommendations of the kind of footwear should I wear in the swamps of FL?

Attached: 1525700116461.jpg (960x612, 28K)

I obviously have water and first aid in my backpack. But no comms because no friends.

Attached: My load.jpg (2000x3008, 2.63M)

SOme more of my boots

Attached: DSC_0295.jpg (3008x2000, 2.81M)

jungle boots

Now you just look like an autistic hipster, rolling his pant legs up so they dont get wet when he leaves starbucks.

Are Rothco boots shit, or are they passable?

Living in Texas and fuckin around both innawoods and innabrush I love my standard issue Bates boots from the Army. I recommend anyone looking for a good all around shoe to just hit up a surplus shop, or order online since it’s been my experience that surplus tacticool shops like to raise prices, and get a pair of Bates.

What boot would one recommend for living in Alaska? I’m assuming my standard issue Bates winter boots would be the go-to but I’ve never really experienced cold and if I did I was wearing ski boots. Assume walking around in the snow, in the dark, and then possibly camping

Their jungle boots are fucking trash, they have shitty plastic over the leather and mine started to crack where you bend your toes.

All rothco is shit

New pair of Dannboiis.

Attached: 20180523222835156.jpg (4032x2268, 3.73M)

everything on that store is a rip-off. hes trying to sell south african uniform shirts for 25 bucks a piece when a cursory google search found me a site selling them for almost a fifth of the price

palladiums are nice if you're ok with canvas. they're usually on sale of some kind so you can get a pair for under 50 bucks.

I have a good feeling more than 0% have already been in combat.

Garmonts for everyday all purpose tactical shit.

Wolverine 1000 mile boots with a commando sole for dressier occasions

Can confirm, they're quite good boots. Comfortable, even if you don't wear an insole at all. Before mine wore out, I cut them into ankle boots by carefully cutting with an exacto blade above the first speed lace hooks. 9/10 boots.

Old school redwings aren't worn by people who actually work, anymore. They're always in pristine condition worn by hipsters whose hands will probably never touch a power tool or piece of lawn equipment.

does that make them worse somehow?

yes they are, my dad owns a pair and does construction work

Zamberlan
Courteney
Whites
Colorado Hikers

Attached: 1519515901881m.jpg (1024x576, 77K)

Try Thorogoods. Almost identical quality compared to redwings, USA made, and have longer-lasting soles imo

>Jow Forums approved
Why do people care so much about what the group thinks is good?

Post that shit nigga

Thoughts on Garmont T8 LEs?

No shit.

>do I want to spend 16 hours on my feet in bare fucking leather and rubber OR waterproof, sweat wicking, breathable boots with comfortable modern ass soles

gee, tough fucking choice. It turns out there have been some slight advancements in shoe technology in the last 100 years. So generally people buying shoes/boots like that aren't doing it for practical reasons, unless they're retarded. I own both kinds of Red Wings. Because I'm a hipster piece of shit, but I also actually work. As much as I appreciate my hipster ass boots, I'm not going to work in them because there's better boots for working in.

Look at this fag that wants to wear comfortable shoes when he works instead of encasing his feet in the equivalent of a wooden block what a queer

Attached: SALO-000594-dZ2EZoYO_a12c8daf-66e7-4f2f-abdd-f56263562b5b.jpg (600x600, 38K)

>waterproof, sweat wicking, breathable boots with comfortable modern ass soles
If you don't wear it too long, leather can be alright, most boots are still made from it. What's really cool about modern shoe tech is the padding and cushioning and, for work, the safety features.

Skinhead here, what brand of boots should I get?

crocs

This
Make sure to wear with white calf-socks

>If you don't wear it too long, leather can be alright
We're talking about 'people who actually work'. People who actually work wear their boots too long every day. And leather isn't a bad material for that. But heritage red wings like those being discussed are literally bare leather stitched to rubber. No liner, cushioning, padding, anything.

>modern shoe tech is the padding and cushioning
Nah, all about a good, breathable, waterproof liner. Keep your feet warm in summer, cool in winter, sweaty never. The fastest way to a bad day is wet feet.

Vatnik approved

Attached: 1527905080949147456830.jpg (1836x3264, 1.96M)