Holster thread

holster thread

what do you recommend, what do you avoid

Attached: holsters.jpg (1300x1264, 504K)

Other urls found in this thread:

defensivepopulace.net/why-your-hybrid-holster-is-dangerous/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A holster that fits my gun and me comfortably.
Uncle Mikes.

>what do you recommend
kydex
>what do you avoid
nylon

I recommend black holsters over brown but never white!

Attached: C9E0B-666_1509918517.jpeg.resized.jpg (500x375, 61K)

Dubs has it

/thread

IWB: G-Code and Raven
OWB: Safariland, Off the Grid Concepts, Gun Fighters Inc, T-Rex Arms and Blade Tech.

Attached: mid ride best ride.jpg (2376x876, 842K)

I asked this in the GQ thread but didn't get any answers so I'll ask here too. I'm going to get a Safariland ALS holster for defensive pistol classes and 2 gun/pistol matches. My pistol normally wears a light but it won't during matches. Should I get a light bearing holster and look dumb at matches or should I get a non light bearing holster and shoot the classes without the light?

Attached: 3259.jpg (2010x1340, 559K)

You didn't get any answers because it's a question only you should answer. Grow a pair of balls and make your own decisions.

I like Foxx, Aliengear, Crossbreed, and Whitehat well enough. DeSantis and Uncle Mikes will do too. I don't generally avoid any of them except maybe Black Hawk! but that's mostly because I don't like their SERPA shit.

Sorry I'm looking for advice and opinions.

Anyone ever buy from Harry's Holsters?

Attached: Harrison_Web-412_85a001aa-4926-4ecb-8aac-c6dbf76ad69d_1024x1024.jpg (960x640, 81K)

Since you have a Safariland, Do you think that will hold my rex zero 1 compact?

deffinately not

Not him but I have one and it'll fit into my Safariland modular whatever. The OWB with the ratchet system. Not sure the exact model number. Not written on the holster.

I have a Sticky Holster for my PCR and it works great.

Nice

Attached: 20180527_210502-01.jpg (2301x1920, 1.76M)

>full size in a sticky holster

Attached: brainletlet.png (645x729, 11K)

Sticky holsters work better for bigger guns, since it's basically Mexican carry

The point of retention on a light bearing holster is usually the light itself, so most of them won't work unless the light is on the gun. Something to consider

This. I'm not actually even sure that's a legal carry method in some states. I remember some provisions about needing to be attached to a belt or shoulder rig.

Thanks. Been looking for a owb for it

I don't know if it's still on but for a while Kvar or somebody was running a promo where if you registered your Arex they'd send you a free Arex IWB.

Stealthgear is good with their ventcore.
Avoid On Your Six because the clip is horrible and would always slip off my belt. I liked my Concealment Express more than OY6.

Safariland ALS holsters lock on the ejection port.

Yea, I missed out on that. Thanks though

Avoid uncle mikes
They are cheap, and will wear out in 6 months
Leather holsters are nice for a few years but eventually the leather will loosen which makes drawing the weapon difficult
Whatever holster you get needs some type of snap, or lock or latch. You don’t want it falling out when you run, fight, or just leaning back while getting a bj in the dressing room at Sears.

>no passive retention kydex

Tell the dude blowing you not to shake you so hard.

Need a holster for an IWB J-Frame revolver

Any recommendations? I've never concealed carried before but I just got my license and I'm most comfortable on the revolver so I feel like this would be the one I go with

>dressing room at sears
Christ grandpa, nobody fucking shops at sears anymore. Not even your decrepit ass.

Get a fucking kydex holster, buy your shit on amazon, and hookup with qt traps at home like a normal goddamn person.

Traps are horny enough they'll invite you over but don't you dare raw dog that booty

I had actually forgotten that Sears sells clothes.

They used to sell guns too. Too bad

I love my Aliengear Shapeshift for my 17

But I'm getting a 26 soon and I want something a little smaller holster wise.

Requirements:
IWB (Appendix Preferable, but not necessary)
Must have a full O clip, or otherwise be secured to belt by belt being fed through a loop that does not open.
Must have 1 level of retention beyond friction. Would prefer a thumb break, but not opposed to a release.

Ive had a crossbreed minituck for 3 years and wear it everyday. Have shopped for other holsters then I realize i dont need anything else.

kt mech beats off the grid concepts any day. same design, good quality, much cheaper

i have a 575 GLS for inside the waist band (which I do appendix) and a 578 GLS for outside the waistband. I got both for decent price, so I'm ok with them for now. Reason I went with them because they fit most of my guns decently, so I just need one holster each for IWB and OWB.

I will eventually replace both though. The 575 first since it's way too bulky and the foam stand offs they have for appendix aren't comfortable at all. Looking at either jm or keeper's. The 578 I use for classes and action shooting. It works ok.

Had a guy bring a generic nylon holster to a class. I'm surprised they didn't kick him out immediately when he couldn't reholster one handed since it kept collapsing. Guy did eventually get kicked out because he couldn't shoot to the level the class required (and this was basically a novice level class)

I also have one of those small ass blackhawk sticky holster rip offs. I could use it for my PPS, but I don't like it at all. Got it for free.

I can second for Alien Gear. Its my go to holster for when I am sitting a lot or riding motorcycle because its so comfy

Some guy had an accidental discharge with a glock and an alien gear shapeshift. Shouldn't glocks be in kydex only holsters?

defensivepopulace.net/why-your-hybrid-holster-is-dangerous/

Attached: snowleopard5675008565c5fe90f215a169021794ab--leopard-cub-snow-leopard.jpg (236x354, 18K)

Unironically the cheap concealment express Amazon holsters are pretty nice

The problem I had with alien gear was it holding up long term, the leather quality is just not that great

I don't think there is a problem with hybrid holsters. This isn't wrong in that reholstering sucks with hybrids but using them for classes isn't the point and how often do we reholster when edc'ing? There are also stiffer hybrids, eg the comptac stuff is pretty awesome but it is thicc

Anyone reccomend a thigh holster that also secures to the belt?

Several safariland models do this

IWB Kydex is, has been, and will always be a meme.

from a simpler time...

Attached: american-gun-store.png (696x395, 155K)

Just got a CZ p10c and a Uncle Mike's size 16 holster.

Gun +1 mag is nice. Super happy with my purchase.

The light bearing als exposes the trigger a lil bit.

USP T 45 in a Bianchi owb thumb break holster
Glock 23 in a either a SERPA or Bladetech eclipse
Keltec PF9 in an ebay IWB.

The ebay holster is a DIY kit from Blue Line Holsters. It came with an oversized piece of molded kydex, you trim it to shape and drill all the holes yourself. I wanted to be able to shape it how I wanted because most holsters that I was finding for the pf9 don't cover much of the body side of the gun. For $12 it was a pretty awesome deal because it came out great.

Attached: CC.jpg (3013x2133, 1.59M)

I have an 850 round brick of 22lr from Sears. In a century it might be valuable.

My leather owb is holding up great. The Sticky works really well too. I've never wanted to shove a stiff puck of plastic into my waistline.

>emojis
disregarded

I don't understand how, but I don't disbelieve you either. Any article or link? I use the IWB configuration with the thumb release on the inside like every single day, and I've had zero issues.
The shapeshift is the hard shell holster.