Anyone have experience with the C308?

Anyone have experience with the C308?

Ive seen mixed reviews on youtube, but, fuck, for a $600 battle rifle, can you go wrong?

Attached: medium-7540.jpg (600x148, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CUE1l-2yR3M?t=5m10s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>can you go wrong
Yes. We're not talking "will it be accurate or reliable" we're talking "will you die or be seriously injured".

obviously something can go wrong with something designed to contain and direct explosions.

I own one and never had an issue. Receiver and barrel made by ptr, rest by century, These new batch of c308s are proably century's best made guns.

>cheap thing that's supposed to handle repeating explosions
>can you go wrong
Think about what you just said for a second

Every catastrophic malfunction documented online can be traced to Tulammo. People who use budget rifles use budget ammo.

Did they actually make improvements from previous batches?

I can confirm from experience that the Tula .308 is genuinely dangerous and should be avoided at all costs.

Although I don't know that it's the exclusive cause of all issues with C308s. It is Century build quality so you are rolling the dice.

Yes they did, Hence why half the gun is PTR and the other half century. Receiver and barrel ptr, furniture is hk. Internals such as bolt and what not is cetme surplus. Their great.

>for a $600 battle rifle, can you go wrong?
Yes.
I've seen one slam fire.

On a video or in person?

Don't be cheap like this.
You're looking at saving a small amount of money by buying rifle that may be questionable but still costs around 50 cents per shot to use, when quality copies cost barely a few hundred dollars more.

If you’re able to pick it in person go for it. I picked mine out of a three. Out of the three I checked, two had rust or pitting on various parts that were from cetme parts. The last one was in pretty good shape for being surplus pats and looked to be put together nicer. So went with it.

I also got a ptr91 but use my cetme more for trigger time just cause it was cheaper and I don’t mind extra wear and damage to it. Ptr is the go to for hogs though.

>can you go wrong?

Yes. Very, very, VERY, wrong.

Just get a PTR91

For the price of a PTR you may as get get an AR 10

Nogunz

But op, buy one and let us know what you think.

Bought one. 2-3 MOA with NATO ball. No malfunctions. PTR built receiver and barrel, CETME internals and sights, HK furniture. Couldn't be happier.

I have 8 guns at the moment, fag.
Was just pointing out his idiotic reasoning.

Just make sure the headspace is within spec. Also look for flaws in the welds. Honestly just save up some more and get a reputable gun. Years down the road you will regret buying a cheaper version of the gun you really wanted.

t. CETME owner.

Then you would know guns create no such explosions and you would have posted a pic. Nogunz

How is a round going off not an explosion

Attached: 20180508_121731.jpg (1656x923, 388K)

I can second these. Same story basically, i own one and I'm happy with it.

The only gripe i suppose I'd have with it is between weight and what other anons have said. Invest a bit more and you can get a rifle of the same platform made with %100 better components instead of just the receiver with the C308.

Overall, take care of it and it'll take care of you.

*Deflegration, not explosion

Wtf? No faggot. You post yours. That guy knows what he's talking about. And no, not the samefag. You are just that extraordinarily dense

Deflegration causes combustion, aka explosion. Post guns or gtfo

Not mutually exclusive.
Also it's spelled deflagration.

please kill yourself

detonation is when the flame front travels faster than the speed of sound, deflagration is when it travels slower than the speed of sound

Ever seen powder burn outside of a barrel? It doesn't explode. Guns work off a build up of gas which is nowhere near the same amount of energy as an explosion. Load a round with flash powder and let us know how it goes

Attached: Snapchat-1780302665.jpg (1920x1080, 357K)

>outside of a barrel
Exactly.

This guy is right. That's why black powder is hard to find. It actually is an explosive. Smokeless is not

It doesn't burn any faster in the barrel dickhead. It's just under compression thus = loud bang

>black powder is hard to find
You have no authority to dictate who knows or doesn't know what he's talking about.

Which means significant release of energy by rapidly expanding gases, so an explosion.

Attached: 1392664002366.png (900x702, 376K)

It does though.
The increased pressure in the chamber leads to a massive increase in burn speed and efficiency.

Not talking pyrodex. Go looking for real black powder. Ask the closest three gun stores and there is a 10-20% chance 1 carries any.

Not him, but Im guessing he's talking about this slam fire video. Go to 5:10
youtu.be/CUE1l-2yR3M?t=5m10s

And that's because the sale of black powder requires completely different licensing requirements. Because it's an explosive.

Of course he is because that chinless faggots video is the only one in existence.

I know that's what he's talking about, and that guy had a broken firing pin.

Sks have known Slam fire issues, but everyone on this board still salivates over them.

It seems like people who actually have the gun says it's decent and people who don't act like it's a hand grenade.

How is a propellant burning to force a bullet down a barrel an explosion

The only explosion that happens is the primer going off

You can get the M&P10 Sport on sale for $850. I'd rather pay the extra $250 for an extremely reliable S&W than the 600 for that piece of garbage

Theres also one out there of a C308 kabooming and the magazine floor plate getting lodged into a table. That was due to shit ammo tho.

By burning hard and fast enough to get a strong release of energy.

Mines a peach. 30 mags, optic, and battle rifle for under 800. Can hit a torso-sized target at 600 all day long. Built last year.

Attached: 1516621380878s.jpg (110x125, 3K)

Says the one confusing explosion with detonation.

Fag

I win

Attached: 1436139668839.jpg (478x504, 74K)

Holy fuck now you need to be stopped.

That's not me, but he does have an agreeable point

The negatives will always be louder than the positives. I've got an older C308 and thus far I haven't had it explode, or even jam. Apparently the newer ones have worked out the issues the earlier ones had.

Attached: 20170921_141907_Film4.jpg (3264x1530, 2.28M)

Traps are not that gay

Not the guy you were debating, just my two cents

So you thought you won an argument you weren't even apart of? At least Google definitions before spouting bullshit

Fag

Is bear or any other Russian .308 any good? I’ve been running euro and maylay surplus out of mine. But it’s still a pretty penny to shoot sometimes.

C308 is great. If you see it on sale, get one. Mine has 700+ through it with no issues. If you have to buy something full price, get a PTR, but this is great at a discount.

I wouldn't trust steel cartridges in a 308, but I've never tried either. But I'm almost positive you'd have issues with the cases stretching and sticking, but that's not much of a problem if you're shooting through a bolt gun

Not with the fluted chamber. Steel works fine.

>tfw I bought 1k rounds of Tula .308 for my PTR91
Am I gonna get killed?

Attached: 1482721976153s.jpg (246x250, 8K)

They're okay, but I would only recommend getting rollergats if you enjoy working on guns. All of these, the PTRs and the CAIs lack out of battery disconnectors, since those were a component of the full auto trigger. So, if you are the kind of person that doesn't check to make sure your guns go into battery (if you're some late boyscout or something and you think all guns are perfect from the factory) then you should never buy any rollergats. In fact you should probably never buy any guns at all, but you are at least safe to do that with some modern designs.

Mine is fine though, though I had to basically rebuild it since it wasn't going into battery from the factory.

Just tonight put an ASR brake on it to try my hybrid out on it. Also, turns out that the anchor brake on the ASR loudener can can swap right into their other standard cans, so that's pretty neat.

Attached: rifle is fine. doggo is fine.jpg (3264x1836, 1.02M)

you gonna die

>It's fine, but I had to rebuild it
loveing every laugh

Why would you do that user..

Wow user, it's almost like there are people out there that can work on things and make them better. Clearly not an experience you are familiar with.

>Wow user, it's almost like there are people out there that can work on things and make them better
I prefer whatever I work on to not be a complete piece of shit

Not him, but you just said that the guns are fine but they might not be safe to use from the factory. That's unacceptable.

It is possible for any gun to be unsafe from the factory. I suggest that you inspect all your weapons prior to firing them. I've had something like 50-60 firearms in my life. Two of them were non-functional from the factory, but were made to work fine with basic maintenance. Only one of them was a CAI gun.

If you have a problem with that, maybe choose a different hobby, guns are not for you.

That's ridiculous. An item should never be non-functional or dangerous to use straight out of the factory unless it's explicitly advertised as an unfinished/damaged piece. It doesn't matter if it's a gun, car, or electric toothbrush. Shit like that is why some companies have shit reputations (like CAI) and others do not.

Only one way to find out.

>the world isn't perfect and my autism is inflamed waaahhh

Jesus christ.

Fuck off century sales rep
You're not fooling anyone

You'll be fine with a PTR

Probably

PTRs and CAI roller guns have the same issues. If you don't function check them you're just being retarded.

You should function check you guns even if they come from fucking Korth.

My local academy had to send back their whole stock (of three rifles) because they all had some issue. One had it's charging handle break off from the bolt carrier and jammed up the whole system to where the bolt would go forward. The second on looked the charging tube was crushed during manufacture and had the dent filled in with Bondo or something and the last one that looked fine from the outside had an out of spec firing pin that would slam fire entire magazines. I imagine you could possibly find one that just works really well but personally I think I'll avoid centry arms for now.

>PTRs and CAI roller guns have the same issues.
They really don't. Part of the reason why so many CETMEs had bolt gap problems was because CAI was using shot to shit Spanish surplus parts. They just chucked BCGs into the weapons without bothering to see if they were too worn out to be of use, and then dumped them on the commercial market.

>Oh boy, another C308 approval thread.

Attached: man-who-does-not-care.jpg (592x800, 42K)

Is this the only example of a slamfire from a C308? It's the only one that I've seen be used against the gun's quality. If so, then no one can really blame Century mainly because this specific firearm was a rifle used by multiple people before him for reviews, meaning that no one knows how it was taken care of prior.

Attached: 01f65a570f89378d0c03b36943ab962535ade42f60b8ced4a950da13ea1ce3cd.png (868x1226, 2.9M)

Sorry, but if you think that PTR has some magical design that would keep it from blowing up on bad ammo that would kill a C308, you are not knowledgeable enough to comment either way.

I picked one up about 3 years ago.

Pros
>fairly lightweight for a .308 in my opinion
>has an integrated optics rail
>very soft shooting .308
>mags are $3.99 at most
>got mine for $499

Cons
>rear sight sucks ass
>only gonna get 3-4 moa at best with steel cased ammo, 2 moa if you’re lucky with quality brass

It’s cheap and works great in my AKs.

No Paddle boi.

Es gay Century

An explosion is simply a channeled release of energy. It's an explosion.

I dunno man, my ptr-91 survived shooting a round of 30-06 without any damage. They just might have some secret sauce.

Buy a bolt action.

How is that even possible?

>for a $600 battle rifle, can you go wrong?
yes you absolutely can. Century built rifles are fucking garbage and the C308 is no exception

This shit gets said by people who only watch YouTube videos and have only finger fucked a c308 at the lgs.

Mine has been fine for a thousand rounds now, including tula and wolf. The welds are excellent and beat the pigeon shit welds on the zenith in the shop. Picked mine up for 475.

Attached: 20180411_190039.jpg (4032x3024, 3.19M)

YA that rear sights sucks cock.

I (stupidly) let my dad load a few magazines once from a pile of loose ammo he had rolling around on his desk. It was predominantly 308 but with some 30-06 mixed in. As near as I can tell the round was forced into the chamber and the bolt somehow went into battery.

I still have the cartridge as a reminder, 1/2.

Attached: 20180602_111445.jpg (4032x2268, 2.23M)

2/2.

Attached: 20180602_111459.jpg (4032x2268, 2.27M)

At range with my so called trash c308. 2 guys next to me have a fal and m1a and their both jamming up, meanwhile my c308 has never jammed. People that rag on c308,have never shot one.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Hooooooooooooooo
Huuuuuueeeeeee
Hhuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeee
Jjjjjjjjjjeeeeeeejjjjjjjjj
Jjjjjjjjjjeeeeeeejjjjjjjjj
I think it means you gayboi

You guys are right the C308 isn't bad at all. The C39 and IO AKs aren't bad either kek
for me to poop on

shitty bait

post guns faggot
>black powder is hard to find
t. child

No lie, I would sell it cheap and buy wolf.
A bolt gun won't matter. Tula is legitimately dangerous.

I did not know this, it's a good thing that I used all my Tulammo with no issues and wont be buying anymore anyway.

>c308
That's not how you spell PTR91 user

>Tula is legitimately dangerous.
Are you the same type of fag who lets DJ Trump occupy your head rent free, an calls everyone Russian Bots? Are you saying Tula is bad specifically in the .308 caliber or all Tula?

Attached: K6f-ENGR_400x400.jpg (400x400, 17K)

I recently traded mine for an ar. They're decent rifles. I had a bit of trouble with the ironsights, which weren't quite properly zeroed. I was too retarded to figure out how to adjust them. In fact, I'm not sure you can. I imagine the rifle would be very well suited towards use with an optic, but the issue there is that the cheek weld position on the stock is so low relative to the rail and sights. In fact, I had to use what amounted to more or less a jaw weld to even use the ironsights in the first place. I feel that if you were to try using it with an optic, you'd definitely need a stock riser thing. They are decent, and they are fun. Their recoil is surprisingly light. The gun itself isn't all too heavy.

For me, the biggest shortcomings are:
>cost of .308 (steel cased was >.50 a round in local stores)
>position of cheek weld
>weight
>absolutely no heat protection on handguard. its fucking scorching after even a mag and a half.
>Irons aren't particularly good at staying still. The rear sight tends to rotate under recoil.
>can't reload ammo because it mangles brass
>navy lower means customization using (admittedly expensive) parts is limited
>charging handle, though immensely satisfying, is highly impractical.

t. 18 year old who types like a 95 iq boomer.