I want a Shotgun, which one should I get?

I want a Shotgun, which one should I get?

Attached: 1526247978416.png (2518x1024, 228K)

Git urself a Glawk Fowty mang! Heck of a shotgun, my nignog

a form 4'd police trade in SBS

Vepr-12

A ksg.

Attached: C6344B63-A2F3-413B-86E1-85877B753ABF.gif (168x176, 1.49M)

M97 Trench Gun

Mossber 590

590A1 Don't be a bitch.

Double barrel coach gun.

Just get a Mossberg 500 of some sort. When I was growing up when Remington was always known quality and Mossberg had some sketchy QC issues. Now that's the other way around. Mossbergs are known quality and Remington can have major issues.

The most common issue with the Remington 870s these days is a pretty rough finish and bluing. Very rust prone. And I should know. I own one. Of my 12 firearms, my Remington is the only one prone to show surface rust even with regular monthly maintenance. There's a couple of spots that tend to show regular surface rust, even with regular copper brush scrub and thorough re-oiling. I have cheap Rugers and they've never had issues though they can be known to be rough.

My very first shotgun was a Remington 870 and I traded it for cheap because it became fully rusted out after only sitting in a closet for a couple of months... Sure, those days I wasn't the best at firearm maintenance but Rustington has earned it's nickname.

mossberg 590
maverick 88

KSG

The Kill Self Gun.

The 870's don't have any bluing. Bluing would be an upgrade. They have a shitty parkerized finish that's quick to rust. I bought one as my first ever gun. I ended up trading it for a used 70s Ithaca because of the rusting problem, but also because it's annoying trying to feed ammo into the tube with flap always catching your thumb. That last part is simply a design feature and not a qc issue, granted it's still a dumb feature.

This

Maverick 88 is amazing for the price, definitely worth picking up for only a couple hundred bucks

Attached: considerthefollowing.jpg (834x737, 264K)

What kind of budget do you have? Do you just want any shotgun or do you have a specific list of requirements?

KSG

MOSSBERG 930 if you want semiauto....MOSSBERG 590a1 if you want pump....Both take 3" shells and both are affordable!

This

Attached: voxanasg.png (1490x1208, 754K)

maverick 88
mossy 500 with different safety

k's approved entry level poorfag gun
k's approved first shotgun. because it can also be your last. you cant go wrong with it. and when you do get money spend it on different guns. shotguns are shotguns and much more money doesnt make much of a difference.
until you get a hard on for shotguns and have to buy browning O/U, ithaca 20g, and a 590A1, and a coach gun because shotguns are fun as fuck, lethal as fuck and your realize youre not going to be engaging guys with plate carriers at 300 yards when you ever do have to use a gun.

also yeah they feel cheap and rattle. its designed that way. its for tolerances. I put off a mav 88 before a gun nut buddy finally explained what a faggot I was being.
>the other answer is whatever is cheap and comes across your path
you really dont have to put much thought into this. hell I've even heard good things about those cheap stevens from big 5.

Attached: dat shotty.jpg (1592x679, 126K)

Or not be cheap and just go straight for the Mossy 500. Which is actually a one and done type perchance, especially if you get the two barrel package.

Attached: 152452693446592130176f6b67d4238d206200b85e3e289f2b2ceace94c470f7d72247252ca16128cc448a067bda6a34009b (1440x1920, 1.23M)

yeah
was me.
I regret not getting the 2 barrel 500 to this day. not like I go hunting a lot but just having the option for a few dollars more was short sighted of me.
but I do have a 20 inch 7 shot security shotgun so thats nice.

but like I said pawn shop, whatever some old lady is selling after her husband died. you cant go wrong with some shotgun older than you. its hard to fuck up a shotgun purchase. get whatever comes across your path.

Depends. How much do you have to spend?

This. I have a 500 combo set and it's the only shotgun I really need. I also have a single shot 20ga but I just bought it for cheap FO:NV feels and because I'm a weirdo who thinks 20ga is neat.

Hunt around at Gunbroker and LGS because you never know what you might find. Found pic related on a whim and found an Ithaca 37 for 200 bucks just by shopping around. Usually the best buys are older guns that have some fuckin' quality to them.

Attached: 20171122_193635[1].jpg (4128x2322, 3.04M)

C&R scattergats are neato and worth having partially because they literally don't make em like they used to (thanks lawyers).

Is that why we can't have new made slamfire capable shotguns?

Basically. ATF told them to cut it out but there were too many in the wild to go chasing them down. Kind of like open bolt semi-autos.

For good workhorse pumps, you can't go too wrong with a Remington 870 or a Mossberg 500.

if you want to expand the magazine tube, avoid the 870 Express since it has a tetend at the end of the mag tube that makes most extensions incompatible, unless you grind it off. Brownell's actually has a tool just for that.

I found a rusty but trusty 500 at my LGS for $100. It cleaned it up pretty easily, and now it protects my bedroom.

What about them did ATF find objectionable?

slamfire shotguns are just another form of open bolt firearm, which are kind of a no-no as far as t he ATF is concerned.Does not matter that they were pump action. Logic need not apply, this is a federal agency we're talking about.

>be my male friend's boy scout troop friend
>they might be gay
>gunbroker listing for p90
>buys fag 90
>gun shows up
>looks inside the gun, everything fine
>but wait, looks at trigger assembly
>sear has scratches on it
>decides it's ok to shoot
>NiggerWhat.jpg
>brings to range
>boyscouts crowd around to watch him shoot
>pull trigger back
>no boolet come out
>confused, brings trigger forwards
>gun shoots
>probably just a bad round
>Retardation.jpg
>fires again
>same thing happens
>reloads and tries third time
>p90 goes full auto
>cannot stop firing
>full magdump
>decides to try it again
>iWalkedHereFromAfrica.jpf
>gun only shoots when trigger is released
>tries for the fourth or smth time
>full auto
>finally connects the dots

Attached: gayness.jpg (1024x768, 95K)

That's retarded, nonsensical, and doesn't have a legal basis. Therefore I believe you.

Well yea, it's the BATFE we're talking about.

>doesn't have a legal basis
Nothing the BATFE does has a legal basis. It's what makes them who they are.

what exactly does that have to do with what I said?

Trench gun.

You’ll never carry it. Literally a waste, unless you plan on slamming it car doors. My mossberg 500 has been thrown out a window before and into rocks (scary story) and it only has cosmetic damage, a empty 590a1 is as heavy as a full 500/590

Misanthropic shock wave.

Mossberg 500. Got mine at a gunshow for 285 with two barrels.

There are tons of used ones floating around. Shotguns are one of the few things you can get for cheap at a gun show

Attached: IMG_0754.jpg (3132x1753, 1.41M)