Gun exploded pls help

heres a recap
>be me
>go to gunshow
>get pic related along with some ammo
>be shooting gun later
>bang bang BOOM
>bullet exploded and expanded my barrel while also btfo the bottom of the magazine
>thus ruining the rifle and magazine
>the rifle was 600
any suggestions on wat do?

Attached: m16.jpg (618x343, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sgammo.com/product/223-556mm-ammo/20-round-box-556mm-m193-ammo-sale-prvi-partizan-55-grain-fmj-pp521
google.com/search?q=gunshow reload exploded
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did you get hurt?

Was the ammo some reloads you bought from a fudd cause it sounds like the round was overloaded
Post pictures

Post pics you fag

Oh shit, boy. My heart goes out to you in a non-gay way. I don't know how tight of a budget you were on, but I know that can be devastating.

Post pics.

no but i was pretty fucking shook, a ton of smoke initially made me think it brfo the whole receiver
i bought some off brand from an old boomer fudd, ill see about pictures if i can find my camera

Post gun brand and ammo

Pics and then advice user

it was a large chunk of my in cash savings, i just got the frickin thing and it already blew up in my face, not to mention that it was having trouble cycling but that may have been due to being new

Sounds like reloaded hot rounds. Get a close up shot of the crimp. Lots of fuds fuck up the crimp

Trouble cycling in a semiautomatic can be a sign of poorly reloaded ammo

As long as you are ok then it's alright. What is deformed? So the barrel, gas tube? Maybe the chamber.
Imo get some tools and take it down while bagging the parts to see what's fucked and build it back up from there.

i cant fine my camera but this is the closest i could find to what it looked like
i did happen to find a shot primer inside the receiver when the trigger wouldnt pull back

Attached: common_reloading_mistakes_FB4.jpg (1000x665, 282K)

It shouldn't have trouble if its new my db300 ran perfect out of the box unless its some really shitty brand
Sounds like its the ammo could have been old ammo but it sounds like it might be shitty reloads some fudd disguised as new ammo

the barrel is deformed to the point that if i put a bullet in it goes too far and the extractor cant latch it, but it falls out if i tip it up

>i bought some off brand from an old boomer fudd, ill see about pictures if i can find my camera
Yeah, that's what you have to watch out for. For you and any other anons reading, 5.56 is cheap, and if you're inexperienced with buying reloaded ammo, wait until you've spent hours firing factory stuff. It's 30¢/rd anyway.
>sgammo.com/product/223-556mm-ammo/20-round-box-556mm-m193-ammo-sale-prvi-partizan-55-grain-fmj-pp521

>Imo get some tools and take it down while bagging the parts to see what's fucked and build it back up from there.
Do this.

Attached: 915532.jpg (500x375, 24K)

it says it was remanufactured 5.56 ammo but looking through it i was able to find several 223 cases

If you take it apart, we can find out what's the best case scenario. Hopefully you just need a new barrel; it'd be a ~$150 fix.
>hardenedarms.com/ecProduct_765_88--20" 556 Bull Melonited 1:7 LYNX(TM) Barrel

i still have the reciept and i may be able to find the guy, would i be in a position to demand a refund/pay for my fucked up rifle

That's a reload. You ammo blew up the gun.

So the chamber is fucked not the barrel itself if its just the chamber sounds like the case itself failed Proably from being overloaded what brand of ammo is it
And sounds like all you need is a new barrel its time to go Gucci and get yourself a free floating handguard low profile gas block and the edgest muzzle break you can find

i just wanted to get an m16 and have some fun, why cant i have nice thing :(

You got poor reloads put into an off brand box. Probably nothing you can do unless you got the assholes card. A scary and potentially expensive lesson.

Find some replacement parts online and fix the rifle

Just be thankful that you didn’t get fucked up

Attached: B9172CC7-AB69-4927-BC79-76EB811C7D62.png (640x640, 97K)

I don't know; I imagine that since it's a gun show, he may not have a binding warranty. Get in contact with him, but polite and diplomatic, and see what he can do. I'd go after the reloading fudd instead, though, he fucked up your gun.

but i was going for the desert storm aesthetic, i like the GI style

Reloads some dumb fudd overcharged
What brand of ar is it

i have their number and the address on the reciept, i can find the guy tommorow

Okay, dude, just get a new barrel and we'll see if you're in business.

its a century sporter but i didnt notice until after i got home
would i likely be able to make him pay for a new barrel and refund me for the shitty ammo?

Hopefully everything works out. Sucks you now have to deal with a bullshit situation

thank you user, i just wanted to get a decent rifle for innawoods and have fun but then it goes kapowey and now i gotta find the bastard (in a non threatening way)

Then even easier just take everything off from the break to the barrel nut buy a new barrel for like 150 and slap it all back together and its good as new

>would i likely be able to make him pay for a new barrel and refund me for the shitty ammo?
No, you couldn't "make" him do anything. But if you're nice, hopefully he'll be understanding and help get something worked out. Unless he's a total asshole, he should feel bad and try to see what he can do to help.

Potentially not. A lot of those gunshow guys act like fucking gypsies. Might say take me to court and around $600 bucks is probably not worth it

brand / make of gun and or parts?

Did you disassemble / clean / check parts before use?

notable signs of wear before use?

Contact the manufacturer.

It's Century and it is shit. He way overpaid.

Why the fuck are there no pics?

>didn't notice until after I got home

Did you even look at it before you bought it?

Or before you fired it?

Rest assured OP.

If nothing else you've learned a hard lesson you won't soon forget, and now you will be more attentive before any purchases in the future if nothing else.

I do hope this current situation works out somehow though.

How many rounds did you put through it before it blew up?

>libruls told me buyin gunz was easy

camera is not to be found
not quite, i figured it was some common type of ar (not a century)

~250, around half of the box of 500
nah m8, just have a touch of the tism so its a bit difficult to really pay attention to details in social situations which induce slight anxiety, i am by no means a liberal :^)

why does life have to be so hard user

Attached: sad pepe.png (288x175, 6K)

>be potential school shooter
>dat dare gunshow loophole
>buy an AR real cheap just like msnbc said
>buy hundreds of rounds of ammo from retard boomer, what a fool!
>buy high capacity magazines from some dirtbag
>zero hour
>go to school aim rifle at the bully who has harassed me for years
>gun blows up
>die

gave me a good chuckle
but really i just wanted something to have the vietnam feel when inna woods

>any suggestions on wat do?
Buy a new gun and use legit ammo this time, not shitty reloads. Ammo is one thing where cheaper is definitely not better.

RIP your raifu. Use her parts to build a little shrine to the Jow Forumsube, and her soul will await you in Valhalla.

>replace barrel yourself
>inspect receiver for damage
>buy new magazine
>stop putting 5.56 in a .223
>stop being a pussy
There you go OP.

>No pictures of gun or ammo or anything else
Yeah, nice story OP. Shame it didn't actually happen.

well the reciever said ".223 (5.56)
so by that mark i assume it would be safe since thats how it was labelled

you're expecting too much from OP. he sounds like a legitimate retard that bought the cheapest piece of shit he saw (with zero research) and same for the ammo.

receiver roll-mark means fuck all, I have a 9mm, .300 meme out and .224 that all have 5.56 markings

why is the world so cruel, why cant i have a nice raifu and be happy

Attached: why.png (658x662, 59K)

Ugh, I actually feel bad. Here's what, I'm sorry to see that this has happened, it really sucks. You're going to need to take it apart for starters and post photos, maybe in /arg/ after you find your camera. Otherwise, get a second job, ddliver pizzas, and start saving for a replacement.

In the future, don't buy the first thing you see at the gun show. Research the shit out of it - it's a big purchase! Learn what brands are considered quality and what are not. In the future, consider just building an A2 pattern AR yourself. You'd only need to buy the lower at the gun show.

Palmetto State Armory's A2 upper is on sale occasionally; watch for that. Buy a lower (Anderson is cheap and good quality), an a2 stock, and a lower parts kit, and you should be set.

Sorry about your bad luck user but next time, ask k before you purchase something gun related. As much as were dicks and kunts about shit. We will try our best to help you make the right purchase. Try calling up century and ask them about warranty and repairs.

I was unaware that the receiver was the part that actually sends the round and handles the pressure.
Always thought it was the barrel, but hey, fuck me right?

Attached: 1513381276209.gif (178x178, 1.53M)

the receiver markings tell pertinent information about the weapon including the acceptable type(s) of ammunition

And on ARs so does the barrel...

Literally the only difference between .223 and 5.56 are the leade and an incredibly irrelevant difference in pressure spec, like less than an eighth of the difference between 7.62 and .308. He had a doublecharged reload. Stop acting like you know a fucking thing.

Also pretty much every barrel since 2004 is actually .223 Wylde cut anyway so your assertion is baseless to begin with.

UPDATE: upon closer inspection with a small flashlight and function checking the rifle it has become evident that it isnt the barrel that is damaged but instead the tip of the extractor has been snapped/blown off
so good news is that its not completely fucked to all hell, bad news is its stuck in musket mode
im still going back there tomorrow to demand a refund for his shoddy munition that fucked my magazine and extractor and could have maimed/killed me
thank you for your patience and understanding Jow Forumsomrades, i will try to not be full autismo in the future
/thread

Please actually find a fucking camera ahd show us what it looks like with a round in the chamber
Also tell us you kept the round that went kB, I want to see it

1hr and still no pics. Fake

So if you have a .50 Beowulf upper and slap it on a regular 5.56 lower, the 1/2 inch diameter barrel magically is able to fire 5.56 without issues?
Wow learn something new everyday.

Attached: d9a367863e937351face1fad731d50654e518a8504dcef35641c6704e024247e.jpg (210x230, 14K)

If it makes you feel any better, I still don't have a REAL rifle. (Only a couple of 22's and a .45 muzzle loader.) Seems like every time I plan to get a rifle I decide to get something else at the last minute.. feelsbadman. On the upside, I've got plenty of pistols; so I guess I've got that goin for me, which is nice.

Attached: IMG_1107.jpg (428x500, 44K)

check headspace and make sure there's no bulge or cracks before you try shooting it again. actually just take it to a fucking gunsmith.

i kept the disfigured casing, i need proof so as to not get jewed any further
i have a camera, i just don't know where, and i don't really feel like digging it out this late at night, maybe ill make a new cont thread tomorrow so as to prevent possible doxing of myself by certain (((individuals)))
well in the legal context what the reciever says is usually what the rifle as a whole is, change the upper, say a "shorter barrel" it in the goon context is no longer a rifle of the 16"+ required barrel length
>tl;dr it should be a precise and accurate description of the weapon as a whole legal wise
be patient user, learn from my errors, from the errors of all Jow Forumsommandos, be wise when dealing with high ticket funs
i think ill do that, thank you for the suggestion

>current year
>has money for AR-15
>has no money for a phone with a camera

>well in the legal context what the reciever says is usually what the rifle as a whole is, change the upper, say a "shorter barrel" it in the goon context is no longer a rifle of the 16"+ required barrel length
>>tl;dr it should be a precise and accurate description of the weapon as a whole legal wise
Protip, newfriend, in the AR world the lower receiver is almost totally irrelevant despite being the serialized component. You can make it out of fucking wood and it'll work fine.
Point being, what it says on the side is irrelevant, which is why it almost never says "CAL: 5.56x45mm" anymore and they all just say "CAL: MULTI". Rest assured, this was an ammunition issue. Not the gun. I mean it's still a shit gun, you should have just ordered parts from PSA, the only thing you did wrong here is roll a critical miss on some janky gunshow reloads.

I say he made the better choice.
Smartphones are horrible devices that rot your brain

nigga phones have had cameras since like 2002

>now i gotta find the bastard (in a non threatening way)
well you can't hardly find him in a threatening way, considering as how your gun done broke.

Or so you say. I don't believe a word of it because there's still no timestamped pics in here. If this story is real, well, sucks to be you. (Double sucks, actually, once for blowing up your gun and twice for not being able to find your camera.) But it's summertime, and for every actual person with an actual issue, there's a dozen underage faggots who just got out of school and got nothing better to do than spew some bullshit story for (you)s, all summer long. You can't expect anyone to believe you without proofs (and we can't do any more to help diagnose what parts your supposedly-broken rifle needs without pics anyway), so tomorrow either find your camera, or borrow a camera or cellphone long enough to take some pictures.

Fake and gay.

I just wanna know what part of buying gunshow reloads and paying the resulting price for doing so is in any way unrealistic to you.

>38123447
The part where it didn't happen.

>google.com/search?q=gunshow reload exploded
Funny, I seem to be getting an awful lot of results.

It sounds like you had a case head separation failure. Basically bottom half of the case got torn off and blew the magazine out. I had the same thing happen with my M1A and some sketchy .308 Tulammo, but once the stuck case was removed I had it checked/headspaced and it was fine. Magazine bought it but it's just a magazine. With luck you're in the same boat. Fucked a magazine and maybe did some minor damage but the gun is still safe to fire.

Get it checked of course.

>this was an ammunition issue. Not the gun
The OP obviously left out the part where he forced the weapon into battery with the Forward Assist

you cant double charge 223 the powder takes up like 80% of case volume unless you are using some weird pistol powder

>random gunshow reloads
>having difficulty cycling
>not using some weird pistol powder
Fun facts: when you use pistol powder in rifle cartridges, you get:
>more cartridges per pound of powder
good for you
>worse ballistics
bad for the sucker who's buying them
>difficulty cycling a gas-operated action
>the possibility of double charges
See the pattern? If you don't think there are unscrupulous bastards out there playing such tricks to make more money, you're too naive for this cruel world.

People keep saying reloads caused this KB, but if the case looked like that, it could easily have been headspacing issues with the rifle and would have blown up with any ammo.

So, now we've learned
>research your gun before you buy it
>look at the make and model and ask Jow Forums before you buy it
>don't be cheap and buy reloaded ammo

If you were near Fort Riley, Kansas, I'd buy you a drink, user, and we could talk it over.

Attached: 1527883489631.jpg (241x230, 38K)

UPDATE: ive taken apart the BCG and looked closely at it and have come to find it had knocked the extractor spring in a way that the extractor wouldnt move, i managed to poke it back into place and it seems ok, found my camera, will have pictures up in a bit
i have one im just not big on uploading pics which could be used to dox me
i believe this is a military term for "lessons learned"
i intend to do so, ill take it down to the gun store when i get the chance
your right :(
it may have been but i still think it was the ammo

Small claims is easy, you have a case.

are you going to post pics of the ammo or not

just a minute

if the case failed at the base thats because out of battery detonation. so either the round was loaded too long, or your chamber could have had a blockage. probably more likely the round was poorly loaded. if not crimped, the bullet could have jumped the crimp as well. can you mic the OAL of the rounds and see how it varies?

are the headstamps of the brass all the same or different? whats the brand of brass

heres the spring that was knocked out of place

Attached: IMG_0069.jpg (1600x1200, 378K)

i looked at them, there are various stamps and some of them said 223 when the box said 5.56 ill post a pic of them

Attached: IMG_0075.jpg (1600x1200, 480K)

the bottom plate blew out but i managed to shove it back into place

Attached: IMG_0071.jpg (1600x1200, 570K)

theres also a primer that must have fallen out when i took the gun apart

Attached: IMG_0074.jpg (1600x1200, 588K)

Can you get a shot of the chamber from the ejection port, from underneath (upper removed, BCG out, looking up into it), from behind (BCG out, looking down barrel at a light source) and from the muzzle (again BCG out, light source on other end).

just a minute

Attached: IMG_0081.jpg (1600x1200, 315K)

couldnt get a clear picture from the buisness end, this is the best i could get from the back

Attached: IMG_0082.jpg (1600x1200, 283K)

so they are reloads then. this is why you never buy and shoot other peoples reloads. too many idiots out there, and especially if they are reloading in quanitty for sale at gunshows

barrel looks fine

Ammunition related failure. The case was properly supported but still failed due to excess pressure. Stop buying reloads.

>Pistol powder
>In rifle cartridge

Only time that you would use a pistol powder in a rifle is for cast lead bullets which is a world in it self. If you load 25gr of titegroup in a 223 you will get a explosion.

>that if i put a bullet in it
I think I found the problem