First time poster on Jow Forums, and I need help. I have a developing rat problem in my back yard...

First time poster on Jow Forums, and I need help. I have a developing rat problem in my back yard, enough so that I think I need a dedicated weapon on hand to murder the little bastards with. How do I build the ideal rat-beating stick? They like to hang out in my wood piles, so it should be pretty durable in case I miss a few swings and hit a post or something. Probably lightweight too, so I don't get too tired swinging it around all day. What would you guys suggest?

Attached: Pack-Rat-in-tucson.png (638x638, 587K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lNFGLRR27EA
youtube.com/watch?v=OXQwx1EolD8
youtu.be/YfaDQJVplYI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Have you considered a pellet gun?

Rats can be pretty quick when you spook them so if it has to be melee you should make some kind of spear or pike. Try holding the front loosely with your left hand and the end tightly with your right hand, so you can aim with the left and jab with the right. If you can somehow attach a sharp nail to a light pole/pipe then that would work great (in theory).

Attached: wyt6.gif (200x200, 14K)

go live trap some farm cats and let em loose at night

I have one, but they're rarely out in the open so getting a clean shot is difficult. My neighbor's house is also right on the other side of the fence, and I'd rather not mess up their windows/dog/child/whatever.
Spear, gotcha. I'll give it a try.

Step one

Go on youtube and look up a spinning bucket trap

Step 2
Build it and stop being a fucking retard that thinks he can take care of a rat problem with a rifle, and be done with your plague.

>a dedicated weapon on hand to murder the little bastards with
Get a cat. Get ten cats.

Shovel works pretty good to remove squeak, as does a cat or a jackrussle terrier.

youtube.com/watch?v=lNFGLRR27EA

Rats are quick buggers so you can forget the stick, just shoot them with an air rifle.

I more like the diving board falling method.
Honorable mention: thermals and .177 break action. Silent enough. Wont kill neighbors. Even if just wounded, they aint coming back.

There are plenty of good rat traps out there OP.

>tomcat blocks
>poison food
>rat traps
>no-kill traps only to tranq them and crucify them like a rat scarecrow to warn others of their fate

Now, my friend, have you ever watched a WW1 documentary?
Have you seen a trench club?
Here's the low down.
Get a nice and hard branch, thick and short enough for a club.
Bang nails through the big end of it so that it goes through and leaves just the sharp end sticking out.
Wrap some tape around the end you intend to hold it from, firmly grasp it.
>kill the jew rats

There are rounds literally called "ratshot" see if thatll work

poison and bait didnt work for my rat problem, they were too smart. i got a .22 pellet gun and started racking up the kills. just go out at the right time, usually in the hour before and after dusk is when they are scurrying around the most

air rifle with a home made 'night vision' system using an infrared torch and CCTV camera. Look up Rolaids on YouTube or www.nightvisionforumuk.com

Doesn't, the shot needs to be within two feet to work. The shot size is 'dust' and its about as effective.

Leave them alone, they are just trying to survive, same as all of us.

we are humans they are not stop being a faggot and go kill everthing else

Find and assassinate the local rat warlord, after that it's only a matter of time before they tear one another apart in a bid to take his place.

t. ratman

Attached: 1446282128729.jpg (1280x853, 360K)

.22 mag birdshot out of a cheap single shot rifle or cheap revolver with decent barrel length. I use an NAA mini revolver for a snake gun and works pretty well for 8 feet and under. But for further distances at least a 8inch barrel would be needed, I'd say a 16inch would be perfect for basement/woodshed distance, but open backyard I'd go with 20" or greater. It gets quieter the longer the barrel gets.

What the fuck?

Attached: 53656.gif (284x210, 516K)

Not true and you clearly have no experience with it

This is the only way

Attached: download.jpg (257x196, 8K)

Why don't you clean up your pigsty yard you idiot? That's why you cut grass and do yard work, to keep fuckkng rats and snakes away from your house. Stack your wood behind the shed or barn. White trash

Water barrel trap. They're hands down the best rat trap.

Not OP, my old house had a tidy yard but a few houses down these asians had fruit trees with rotten fruit and chickens with scraps andnshit to attract rats. Sometimes it actually is someone else's fault

please do not do this

cats loose are harmful to environments and bird populations

unless you can limit them to a specific area

This was a funnier game reference than most would come to realize.

youtube.com/watch?v=OXQwx1EolD8

If he's the one with wood piles in his yard, then it's his fault, and his neighbors are probably getting rats too. He's the asians in your story

Shawn Woods is an /out/ist with a youtube channel that has shitloads of rodent trap showcases.
youtu.be/YfaDQJVplYI

Ants

build a frame around your problem area seal off completly with plastic.
Go to your local welding suppliers.
buy a large bottle of Argon
dump the bottle into the plastic gas chanmber
leave for a few days.
When you're convinced they are done, rent a large fan and disperse the Argon away.
It's denser than air so should sink and settle into the crevices and chambers they dig out to live in

if it's outside just get one of those 1 or 2 gallon spray bottles (see your garden department, it's usually with the weed killing stuff), just fill it with a high concentration lye/water mix and spray the little buggers with it.

Try not to spray yourself

Attached: 84d9fd96-3148-4417-8258-983c0c129ed5_1.83f6f997d461b8a92f03806e0a72018e.jpg (450x450, 17K)

Nailbat. Useful for all kinds of vermin, small to large, two or four legs.

Attached: Remove vermin.jpg (1598x900, 135K)

Tidy your yard and clear out any bushes all the way to your property line. If you can't declutter your yard, buy an appropriately sized shed. Seal up all the joints with caulk. Seal holes with steel wool and then caulk. If there are gaps under the doors, screw wire mesh to the bottom exterior of the door that hangs down enough to cover the gap when closed. THEN place traps or apply biological countermeasures (kitties).
>t. Dale's Dead Bug Pest Control

Buy some rat traps from a hardware store like a normal, functioning adult.
God damn you people are clueless sometimes.

are you the bap-rap guy?

such a professional wouldn't be asking about killing rats

Fuck yeah Vermintide!

You know bunker busters exist right?

Attached: 1493156247219.gif (659x609, 1.63M)