Those that CC .380, do you load FMJ rounds for penetration or hollow points?

Those that CC .380, do you load FMJ rounds for penetration or hollow points?

If hollow points, what brand?

Attached: Hornady-Critical-Defense-380-Auto-90-gr-FTX.jpg (675x361, 147K)

Would it be retarded to just alternate HP and FMJ when loading your magazine?

Lehigh Extreme Penetrator penetrates less than FMJ, more than JHP. .380 is one of the calibers where it actually shines.

>different ricochet hazards
>different points of aim
>possibly different recoil
Bad idea

I've only seen the lucky gunner tests on bare gel, but the critical defense looks like your best bet. They were the only ones that they tested that expanded well and reliably reached past 12".

I load mine with Critical duty but my second and 4th round are FMJ rounds.

Attached: 1476527003141.jpg (428x484, 45K)

>Lehigh Extreme Penetrator
meme round and people report it causes jamming

it also tumbles in the real world, making it behave just like a FMJ

How likely is a 380 FMJ to exit a body with enough juice on it to hurt a bystander? I can't imagine a 380 having much energy left after passing through a torso.

I like Hornady Critical Defense. Use it for all my carry guns.

Honestly, I think that people are more concerned about passthroughs hitting bystanders than what is realistic. I mean, sure it's happened, but far more rounds have gone through someone without hitting someone else than not. That said, it's still going to have a decent amount of energy with a clean passthrough, almost comparable to a light 9mm fmj. I think thoudoors9 did a video on it a while ago.

Any particular reason why? Not hating, just legitimatley curious

best of both worlds, i assume

sometimes you might need barrier penetration too

Lets just say you have a full mag of the same brand, like critical duty. You fire off your first shot and it doesnt faze the perp...If the second round does, there is one more coming after the next! Just in case!

Attached: 1504254364056.jpg (750x1015, 112K)

Believe it or not, Federal's Hydra-Shok line includes one of the best 380 rounds you can carry. I'd never use them for 9mm but their 380 is legit.

Hornady critical defense hollow points because it's what was on sale at bass pro and I liked it

I carry Hornady XTP's in my PPK

Attached: 40276_764957172906_37525936_41342489_15354_n.jpg (720x540, 91K)

Interesting points, but i still dont get it, maybe im just retarded

That's fucking stupid, user.

You have FMJ for max penetration if the perp is wearing heavy clothing or is behind a barrier, car door etc.

You also then have JHP for expansion (more stopping power), but give up penetration.

You never know what situation you might be in, one that calls for max penetration or max stopping power. So mixed load = both bases are covered.

Okay that makes sense then
Im guessing having 2 separate mags is a no-go cause of the time required for the mag change?

theres really no excuse to carry .380 when 9mm micro ccw guns of today exist. sig 938, DB9 etc

you should always have an extra mag on you, but yeah, you don't want to be swapping mags out for bullet choice in a heated situation

sometimes i carry FMJ in my back up mag. if there's a super rare shoot out situation, then the penetration of FMJ is nice to have with your second mag, since the perps would likely be behind cover by the time you go through your first mag if they're still active
liking and being comfortable with the gun you shoot, being well practiced and shooting well with it is the most important thing

380 is fine, the stats say it's equal to 9mm as far as % of first shot stops, someone just posted the data yesterday

Still haven't seen a 9mm as small as a LCP2, Bodyguard and other .380 mouse guns.

On a related note I'm considering a switch from the bodyguard to the LCP2, because I'm just flat out tired of DAO, also have already broken a firing pin on a bodyguard

Any opinions on the Full Sized S&W M&P 380 Shield EZ?
I get it's supposed to be a new shooters training pistol, particularly aimed at women, that can still be used for home defense because long barrel and not a .22lr.
I just can't figure out why they thought a grip safety and a single stack 8 round mag was a good idea.
They obviously wanted an easy to load mag, but you can achieve that with a double stack as well - just don't trip over capacity

Is there any practical reason for this or is a new shooter better off with a double stack Bersa - Full Steel, no grip safety but a flip safety, DA/SA, etc.

>inb4 someone cites that cocksucker of Paul Harrell video where he says that mixing ammo is bad because thug memes

Mix all you want friend, give em varied hell

>Paul Harrell
weird dude

He’s a fucking retard but people here take a liking to him.

All shields are single stack, are you high?

He was asking why the newest one, which was not focused towards CC, had to be single stack.

Because it's a motherfucking shield. The frame will only accept a single stack.

What full size 380 shield? I only see one with a 3.6 inch barrel.

clearly on the specturm

I have Browning X-points loaded in my CC

Have you actually seen/held one? It's not even the same frame in almost every appreciable way.

I'm just saying, his question wasn't that dumb and you should stop being a cunt.