Attached: 1047417319.jpg (705x375, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zU164Rv1i5k&feature=youtu.be
avon-protection.com/
sputniknews.com/military/201611141047416960-drills-russia-armenia-troops/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is that even a gas mask?

Perhaps.

If a boomer gets off to it, it's a gas mask.

Attached: YouTube gas mask autists.png (1200x606, 346K)

I've never seen that mask before so this is just a guess, there is no obvious bulge indicating cheek filters and the surface of the mask looks permeable. I would guess that mask functions similarly to NATO MOPP suits or old WW1 hood masks where the whole thing is charcoal/chemical coated and filters through the surface of the mask itself. Or its a stupid looking mask that doesn't actually do anything

Attached: he_grinds_for_this_v.jpg (1074x1433, 747K)

>Or its a stupid looking mask that doesn't actually do anything
Looks like, or it's a dust mask

I was tired (still am) when I wrote and didn't really think about that, it probably is a particulate mask

I wonder what one, it looks kinda cool in an alien way, not my usual shiny/drone preference, but I can dig it for some STALKER aesthetic.

even worse, the entire fucking facepiece is disposable
the entire fucking state of RusFed Respirator Development. I hate to say it, but they had better masks when Russia was commie.

Never seen any fetishists with ROU masks, especially boomers.
Not expensive enough to their liking, I guess.

Ah yes, I see the 'I watched the vintage scuba video once and that is my basis of opinion' meme gets an extra layer of impotent ad hominem.

>old WW1 hood masks where the whole thing is charcoal/chemical coated and filters through the surface of the mask itself
half of that statement is correct
WWI hooded masks weren't carbon-filled, they were chemically treated cloth (yes, I realize carbon is a chemical, I'm talking about liquids).
It's a disposable carbon-lined facepiece.

Attached: Photo5710.jpg (1200x1600, 355K)

when I said "charcoal/chemical", the chemical part was refering to the solution used for the masks (I think its ammonia but I ain't sure) charcoal was refering to the mopp suits.

I know the british used mostly phenate and hexamine with their hoods. Not sure what the french used, I need to look it up again.

Attached: Early French Masks.jpg (1500x832, 85K)

Checked

>It's a disposable carbon-lined facepiece.
What's it even meant for?

honestly, no clue
I mostly see vehicle crews using 'em
I don't give enough of a shit about the ROU to research it enough, personally. Here's a photo of one of the prototypes for it, though.

Attached: Prototype ROU (1).jpg (648x735, 153K)

That's weird, I'm really hoping it's just their version of a 3m respirator and not supposed to be an actual NBC mask.

pretty sure they are meant for cbrn protection
but only as a one-time use escape mask, but don't quote me on that

Attached: Prototype ROU (2).jpg (642x702, 168K)

Bump! New shit from Moulage!
I have received a very rare carrier Finnish M/95 Carrier Bag and Manual

Attached: Photo5712.jpg (1600x1200, 465K)

PLUS this Polish MC-1, Japanese Shigematsu 'Super Wide Vision Mask', and a beat-up MIA2-I-I that I'm gonna be disassembling and cleaning up.

There's a bunch of other doodads he threw in, but they're not relevant to this thread.

Attached: Photo5714.jpg (1600x1200, 573K)

God damn dude, how extensive is your collection?

>By the way, the last thread we pup'd to hell got us a new member on our telegram group, little victories man

Currently up to at least 45-46 masks now (some disassembled)
I have no fucking room to store them all help lmao

>Japanese Shigematsu
That is the only thing of value you got off your buddy,hope you didn't pay much.

He sent me all this shit for essentially free. I only paid $11 for shipping lmao

Are you doing a book or something dude?!

perhaps

Attached: E24R32 Noncombatant Mask (1).jpg (1600x1200, 541K)

Attached: E24R32 Noncombatant Mask (2).jpg (1600x1200, 554K)

Attached: 30079617_195318241197023_6709026717815537664_n.jpg (480x480, 38K)

Attached: Weps93_fet.jpg (750x666, 86K)

We have deals worked out, Duke gets me other items I'm after. I'm fucking drowning in M1A2 masks so honestly I'm glad he took it off my hands. Also Duke, where the fuck was that manual?????

hidden pocket on the front lol

Didn't know it had a pocket. Eventually I'm gonna find a fucking Burrell V? Manual in a box behind a filter or something.

bump

Attached: Photo5729.jpg (1600x1200, 685K)

bump
does every gas mask thread have to be full of fetish content or gasbro wannabes in order to be sustainable?

Attached: Photo5735.jpg (1200x1600, 443K)

Welkome
youtube.com/watch?v=zU164Rv1i5k&feature=youtu.be

what filter is that you are wearing, im new to all this.

Because NBC protection is irrelevant

Oh how wrong you are my sweetie.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1600x1200, 414K)

Hey dude, quick question, how much should I be paying for an FM12? I just want it for fetish play and SAS cosplay, but I won't be altering it in any way because it would be nice to have for protection too I guess. Is $75 too much?

It has no serious use

Tell me friend, do you have any factories, of any kind around?
Or train tracks?

Yes, do you think you'll have time to don gear, or even know it's happening if there's a spill?

It doesn't take much effort to keep a mask ready to use, should things go south.

You don't need full gear.

As for detecting it, you if it's serious you will likely get text message from the council, or some kind of news coverage to tip you off, heck you might even smell the it.

If you are a Asthmatic on the start of burnoff season, a mask will be a godsend, because all the ash in the air can cause serious breathing difficulties, bonus points if you have a blower unit

Just keep something cheap and functional in the house, you never know if or when you will need it.

Attached: cce38f0993bc03eecfd3003988147f10_orig.jpg (496x639, 22K)

Please?

You don't deserve a FM12

Go buy something Chinese.

Oi' don't be a dick m8

I'll do what i want mister.

Come on though, please? What's a current fair market price on one

The price of a small Bulgarian lumber farm is what the market dictates.

You know what? I don't think I like you very much.

does anybody know what gas mask the dutch army uses?

Bump for this guy

Avon PS-10 filter. I have two M/95 filters, but I'm leaving them sealed.

$75 is fair, but they can be had for as low as $50 if you dig around.
cool your tits, I was asleep
They currently use the FM-12 to my knowledge.

Attached: Photo5732.jpg (1600x1200, 513K)

Lovin' the new M95 video, Duke. Keep up the good work.

Attached: Estonian charcoal suit.jpg (496x800, 243K)

how are you supposed to even see out the thing? the lenses aren't even positioned near the eyes

> M95
Guess you aren't a raging faggot after all. Just a normal faggot
> GAMER GIRL PEE™
Seems I was wrong. Shame

ayy thank
more vids to come soon today

>t. pic related

Attached: 3e3.jpg (488x516, 84K)

You know as well as I do that there are no gamer girls

excuse me
*gamer (((girl))) with feet and a penis

Attached: E24R32 Noncombatant Mask (4).jpg (1600x1200, 447K)

(checked)
Ebin.

Before adopting MOLLE/PALS-compatible combat vest in the mid-2000s, the Finnish military used a very basic webbing kit called "M85 taisteluvyö". That's what the M95 carrier is designed to clip onto.

You're misappropriating your chemical filtration device by attempting fornication with it. Do I have to tell you not to desecrate your mask with perversions?

ah, I gotcha, thanks a ton for clearing that up - it's always strange coming across gas mask carries that integrate into web gear instead of being their own separate thing

what gasmask are they wearing in this picture?

Attached: 32667364_223798658396681_6014318802819350528_n.jpg (640x640, 79K)

That's more like it.
Watched the most recent M95 video. A few pointers:
> the canteen is very rare
Luckily Varusteleka sells the green one that troops here are issued
> the carry bag is shit
That's as far as I know on purpose. We were issued Molle pouches for carrying the mask, and the one you have there is for storage basically
> I'm very thankful to have this carrier
Bloody well should be m8, someone stole that from the military. Looks brand spanking new as well, but that's probably just because we never actually use that bag, just stuff it in the locker for a year.

>Luckily Varusteleka sells the green one that troops here are issued
I saw the green ones varusteleka has. They don't appear to have the drinking device adapters with them (at least the one in the stock photos didn't), otherwise I would have bought one of those first.
>That's as far as I know on purpose. We were issued Molle pouches for carrying the mask, and the one you have there is for storage basically
Oh, that's interesting actually. The only other mask I can think of that used separate carriers for storage and field use are the Japanese Navy Gas Masks
>Bloody well should be m8, someone stole that from the military. Looks brand spanking new as well, but that's probably just because we never actually use that bag, just stuff it in the locker for a year.
Well damn - I thought these were just early designs that qualiy got replaced with the M05 style carriers, good to know, thanks

Attached: m95(10).jpg (1488x1984, 580K)

*quickly
fuck my keyboard

Attached: m95(6).jpg (1984x1488, 468K)

Looks like an m50 hooked up to a blower

FM53 with an SCBA unit. There's probably a proper name for this setup. Avon's website probably says.

Fm53 is the English version of the m50 right?

Also I'm pretty sure that isn't a SCBA the unit on the back has filters on it and there is no discernable tank. Why would a self contained breathing aperatus have filters?

>I saw the green ones varusteleka has. They don't appear to have the drinking device adapters with them (at least the one in the stock photos didn't), otherwise I would have bought one of those first.
Well yeah, they don't come with the adapter but that's mostly because the adapter is military issue I guess.
>Oh, that's interesting actually. The only other mask I can think of that used separate carriers for storage and field use are the Japanese Navy Gas Masks
That's at least how we do it these days. Could also be that they're an earlier design as you say, but with the M05 carrier and pouches, it's pretty much obsolete.
Also, the adapter on your canteen should pop right off and can be fitted on a green canteen if you wanna go for the real conscript experience of "oh shit gas attack, where the hell is my adapter" (we keep them separate from the canteen until they are needed)

thx, does anybody know where you can buy a finnish m95 gas mask in europe

No. It's an entirely different mask.
It's using both a blower and a small scba tank. The thought is that if concentrations of gas rise above what the blower is capable of filtering, the user can switch to a self-contained breathing mode.

>Well yeah, they don't come with the adapter but that's mostly because the adapter is military issue I guess.
Yeah, I really need to start saying it's the adapters that are rare. Even camelbak discontinued their adapter that works with the M/95.
>Also, the adapter on your canteen should pop right off and can be fitted on a green canteen if you wanna go for the real conscript experience of "oh shit gas attack, where the hell is my adapter" (we keep them separate from the canteen until they are needed)
My original plan was to buy the spare adapter that my buddy Moulage has and then buy one of the green canteens to put on it, but then the one site selling the black ones with the adapters popped up and the total was two bucks cheaper than the varuseleka so I decided 'fuck it' and went with that. I still can't get over how these are designed to also screw onto civilian plastic drink bottles as well, that's honestly one of the best concepts I've seen.

Attached: M95 Canteen (2).jpg (1200x1600, 355K)

Ebay is your best friend here. Mostly they have US Police training masks with "heavy scratching and tape residue", but sometimes you can find a gem

You'll wanna be careful with those listings because a lot of 'em are missing nosecup valve disks.

>My original plan was to buy the spare adapter that my buddy Moulage has and then buy one of the green canteens to put on it, but then the one site selling the black ones with the adapters popped up and the total was two bucks cheaper than the varuseleka so I decided 'fuck it' and went with that.
Perfectly reasonable
>I still can't get over how these are designed to also screw onto civilian plastic drink bottles as well, that's honestly one of the best concepts I've seen.
My basic training Sergeant put it like this: "you bunch of wankers are going to run in to drinkable water in bottles or try and drink coke or energy drinks if you need to, but you'l suck the masks up with carbonated drinks so don't bother". I think they figured that we will transport water to the troops in bottles if possible like you see in Generation Kill for example, so why not have the adapter fit those too.

yeah i have seen them on ebay, but ordering from the us is not worth it

Heh

Attached: Liam and Duke.png (1400x625, 325K)

holy fuck lmao
also i wish I lived on a ranch

Attached: A Wild друг Appears.png (960x720, 1.06M)

Yall are fucking retarded to think this isnt a good mask

Attached: The-new-TF1-type-A-gas-mask-3-one-full-set-of-respirator-mask-airway-canister.jpg (750x750, 89K)

>not the TF-5
disgusting

Attached: TF-5 Mask.jpg (500x380, 37K)

It's not possible to buy directly from avon-protection.com/ as a civvy is it?
Shame.

I thought all AMERICANS were well-off ranchers with badass pickup trucks and lots of guns.

Attached: Get out of here stalker.jpg (1200x798, 858K)

sputniknews.com/military/201611141047416960-drills-russia-armenia-troops/

>cool your tits, I was asleep
Sorry, pups are impatient

I'm also seeing a drinking adapter cap for canteens for ~$23 is there anything cheaper I should be hunting for?

I'm just going to get the $75, it's a large and I don't see them coming up often enough to wait.

Wait, what drinking adapter are you speaking of? M/95 or Avon Drinking tubes? Because M50 canteen caps can be had as low as $3-5 bucks, work with all Avon masks (S-10, FM-12, 50 series, etc.) and fit standard USGI plastic canteens (I reccommend the 2-liter crushable ones to get around needing to blow into the canteen through the leaky pressure fit of the inner drink straws. Sadly I only have 1-liter hard canteens).

Also ignore the autorotate, too lazy to fix the image.

Attached: S-10 with M50 Canteen.jpg (1600x1200, 459K)

also you may already know this, but just for the sake of clarity, I should warn that britbong sizes are backwards from most numeric size indicators - 1 would be large, 2 would be medium, 3 would be small, etc, so if you found a 3 thinking it's a large, it's really a small. I fit a Size 3 (Large) in Russian sizes and a Size 2 S-10 fits me perfectly.

Attached: s10(2).jpg (1781x1398, 525K)

Been a while since I posted a Davis mask.

Attached: PICT0050.jpg (2048x1536, 736K)

I wonder how hard it would be to repro Davis M-1 Facepieces in comparison to Akron-Tissots

Attached: Colorized Patents - Davis M-1.png (2320x3408, 187K)

Copy that, I found that info while looking into them already, thanks for all your help

ye sure thing

meanwhile, who in general would be interested in a 40mm version of the Navy Diaphragm Mk.V? I figured out a way to covert these to 40mm and I'm considering making and selling a few someday.

Attached: my nd mkv.jpg (1984x1488, 708K)

Someone near me is selling an M25A1 with bag for $20. Worth it? Servicable/usable?

$20 is a steal for an M25A1. Not usable by any means, though - these masks are only good for display or for completing a gulf war armor crew impression.

Attached: m25a1(2).jpg (1578x1467, 532K)

Thanks. Figured the price was nice, but I'd rather have usable. Especially for a first mask.

Yeah, if you want something that'll protect you for the $20 range, go for an Israeli Model No.4A1 or an MSA Ultravue.
I'd still say get that M25A1 for the resale value - they go for $55 average on ebay.

Attached: m25a1(5).jpg (1480x1488, 432K)

That black lens cover isn't an issued item, r-right? Looks straight up like some sensory deprivation fetish shit.

Attached: img_5913.jpg (640x428, 93K)

It's the M2 Antiglare Lens, and yes, it was an issued accessory. It was mostly issued with the ABC-M24 (pictured), which was the aircrew variant, but sometimes they can be found with M25A1 sets.

Attached: M24 Chemical-Biological Aircraft Protective Mask.jpg (1200x1600, 395K)

We miss you jack....

Attached: 70s_M2_Optical.jpg (1984x1488, 689K)

Why is Avon Rubber so based?

Attached: Weps93_flag.png (710x1200, 370K)

I still do mashups if that's what you're referring to.
see

Hey Duke, on the shitty carry bag of the M95 mask. There's an explanation for its nature: it's not primarily meant to be a carry bag, but more of a protective pouch, it's simply not made any fancier than it needs to be.
By default, the mask is carried along with its accessories in the protective pouch, and that in turn in a pocket on your webbing / vest. When under an immediate NBC threat, the mask in its protective pouch is attached to your webbing within a hand's reach for faster access.

Pic related, back when I did my service we still used the old M/85 webbing. On it the mask in its pouch went in the right side rear pocket.

Attached: 7cd0c86e.jpg (800x600, 132K)

Ah, thank you - that makes a lot of sense actually.