Are bolt rifles obsolete just like shotguns?

are bolt rifles obsolete just like shotguns?

Attached: Heckler-und-Koch-G28.jpg (1200x799, 126K)

No, and same goes for shotguns

As fighting rifles yes.
As hunting/target rifles no.
As sniper rifles maybe?

No,
Fuck you.
Summer is bullshit.

No because they dont have a reciprocating action

>As fighting rifles yes

Even then I wouldn’t write off the bolt action. Especially if the rifle is of a major caliber and the person is careful to engage from a far distance with a good scope. If the scope has a BDC that’s even better.

I keep saying that when the next Democratic president gets in the office and finally starts to crack down on the right, hard-core, 1 million Bubbas with their 30-06 is going to be very frustrating to the national guard

Attached: A4E64975-7DD9-49E7-95B7-1A48841EDA1A.png (310x301, 115K)

No you dumb bastard go ahead and take a look at the obscene amount of work it takes to keep a semi auto sniper rifle sub MOA. Also have fun hunting ducks with your AR.

Attached: 1526617790534.jpg (477x642, 121K)

Is bushes beans best beans for bullets and bolts?

Obsolete doesn't mean useless. A bunch of dudes with .45-70 trapdoor Springfields could cause problems too.

Also in that role they'd be acting more as snipers, where a bolt action isn't really obsolete yet.

No they’re generally more accurate and the fact that the action has fewer moving parts makes them more reliable in the long run. If I were only given the choice of one rifle for a survival situation I would choose a bolt gun over semi auto.

no, karl and ian are both closet gay men who fuck each other and random black dudes

>obscene amount of work
What is the SR25? It costs a lot, but it's just a fucking AR-10 variant with meticulously QC'd components like any precision rifle.

>No they’re generally more accurate and the fact that the action has fewer moving parts makes them more reliable in the long run.
This is a good argument that still works. There are just a few parts:
>extractor and spring
>the bolt
>firing pin and spring
>trigger mechanism
>the barrel, action and stock (body)
None of those parts will wear out or see some kind of critical failure before the barrel, assuming the rifle wasn't made by a retard. Semi-autos have a much larger failure surface.

>If the scope has a BDC that’s even better.
You had a point until there.

A good number of fudds with $300 modern hunting rifles (which are easily under 1.5 MOA) have the capability to do individual attacks on infantry with long-range guerilla sniper tactics (emphasizing shoot and scoot rather than stealth) out to 600m, even 800m or beyond with the right cartridge and a bit more expensive setup, which is within the realm of attainable by the average person (assuming a basic precision build is like $1500 or so). The issue that Karl and Ian bring up is an issue made by using old ass milsurp rifles that are too inaccurate to hit something at range. Modern production makes what would have been better-than-sniper-levels of precision back then, incredibly cheap. Hell, the M40 has been in service the military for how long? It's not the basis of an entire resistance, or especially offense, but it's not obsolete.

>What is the SR25?
A rifle that is never going to get the same level of consistent lockup of a bolt action? No one is denying that a semi auto can preform the task but it's currently both expensive and overkill for actual sniping not to mention the handloads snipers prefer would probably fuck with the non-adjustable gas system.

>shotguns are obsolete
They’re one of the most versatile firearms you faggot. You judge guns purely on your personal aesthetics.

what the fuck is a sniper rifle

Summer fag.
Get the fuck off my board, god fucking damn. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Attached: image.jpg (392x375, 87K)

>just like shotguns
This is bait.

Considering that both are still in use to this day in just about every military and police force, I'd say no. And that's not even mentioning hunting. Plenty of semi auto DMRs are really accurate, but you just don't get the same accuracy and reliability of a bolt action. Have you ever jammed a bolt action before?

>obscene amount of work it takes to keep a semi auto sniper rifle sub MOA
This is anecdotal from personal experience.
I was deployed in a Scout Plt in a PIR from 06-07, good times. We had a lot of 14's in section. Some were 1moa guns some were 2moa guns. A couple were straight trash garbage that couldn't hold a zero with store bought match grade let alone mass issued ball rnds. I know you want to believe that everything troops, cops who or whatever are using are "best of the best except no substitute". That is garbage. The civilian and private doing refit don't give a shit about "tolerances" they care about punching out at the end of the day getting paid then getting drunk. Then they start all over the next day for tens-of-thousands of weapons.

But hey it is Summer so there you go.

The M-14 is notably shit rifle. Slow to make it to the troops, replaced very quickly, and a massive pain in the ass as a marksman rifle, and arguably no more effective than the service rifle it replaced.

Yep. An you will still find it on the line in sections and DM positions in the EBR chassis that makes it worse than the polymer refit stock.