What are actually the advantages of all-moving rudders?

What are actually the advantages of all-moving rudders?

Attached: all moving rudders.gif (540x358, 3.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

udn.com/news/story/12157/3179193
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_feminist_literature#18th_century).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

65% more control surface per surface

its just better more advanced technology than f-22 and f-35 you can say even that china already has 6th gen aircraft how far is there aircraft design compared to the dying former superpower usa

>you can say even that china already has 6th gen aircraft
wat

The Ability to optimize the geometry of the flight surface based on AOA, atmosphetic conditions, and airspeed

china is so advanced in aviation design that if you compare us designs to chinese it seems china has a 6th gen plane design

>Control Surfaces: The Plane

Attached: J-20 control surface test.gif (355x200, 2.04M)

I know you are baiting, but the F-35 is the one other plane that also has all-moving rudders.

not him but why do americans get so defensive when someone mentions china or russia
every superpower has died just get over it

To make summer less hot for the ground crew

He was just stating an opinion. There was no hostility or defensiveness I could pick up on in that post. If anything it's usually the Chinese and Russian posters who get defensive and angry when you question them. They can't understand why we just don't accept their posts and gospel and question them.

Attached: thumbs up J-20.gif (600x334, 2.96M)

Chinposting really is the most obvious form of b8. Entertaining, though.

it will be entertaining when all your carriers get sunk :) tripfag

Ah, yes, the Cave Johnson school of aviation.

Impressive.

With this most recent achievement, fate has, in a single stroke, marked the decline of the west and spelled a new era of wondrous prosperity and peaceful global dominance for the Chinese dragon, which promises to firmly stand in sharp contrast to the historically bloody ascent of western powers and the cruel subjugation it brought to the humbler nations of the world. The blessings of Chinese plasma stealth technology, undetectable hypersonic combat vehicles, quantum direct-current electricity, neutrino submarine detectors, gamma titanium mono crystal turbines, quantum aircraft carriers, unmanned autonomous A.I. tanks, near-space ballistic air-to-air missiles, +2km range airburst rifles, and quantum enhanced railguns will be the instruments with which China affirms its noble stewardship of 21st century world politics and offers the non-western world a different option; an humanist alternative to the depredations of Western leadership and the opportunity for a more equitable and dignified multilateralism.

All true, btw.

Attached: img-26ddc37d49ea17f9ce465db80f78352b.jpg (2000x1105, 232K)

1989年天安门广场示威
天安门广场大屠杀

政府对你撒谎。
你需要杀死共产主义者

Fuck off chinks

meanwhile in Taiwan, another F-16 lawndarted.

udn.com/news/story/12157/3179193

This, but unironically

Attached: 154603duk95aum9kubnss5.jpg (1887x1217, 292K)

>lel, I argue with myself!

Pilot died this time. Apparently it is already his third crash with a F-16.

American quality (or Taiwanese training) in full display.

>American quality (or Taiwanese training) in full display.
It's neither; the problem is that the US State Department will not permit the sale of new F-16s to the ROC as it would piss off the Chinese. All the current Taiwanese F-16s are old, worn out A and B models, they've tried to replace them with Cs and Ds but were blocked from doing so; they had similar problems with their F-5s in the past. The Obama administration compromised in allowing their existing aircraft to be upgraded but this only started last year.

Best China also has the indigenous F-CK-1, which is a pretty decent aircraft though not quite an F-16C, and those do not have the same safety record problems.

Attached: F-CK-1-Ching-kuo.jpg (620x330, 14K)

Attached: chink.png (1073x386, 338K)

It saddens me that taiwan is so under armed due to american geopolitical indecisiveness when it comes to the two china issue.
They should have m1s and a stealth jet by now.
The only asian nations with tech on par with the PRC right now is japan and south korea.

六四事件

so basically allow for a smoother flight in various conditions?

if yes, the J-20 is a pretty neat plane in some aspects, still trashy in other aspects.

Attached: epic meme dude.png (600x530, 307K)

>六四事件
>gets arrested by the commies

No it doesn't. Pic related clearly shows otherwise.

Attached: f35c.jpg (3000x2020, 2.91M)

Attached: this-bait-of-cellentouality-19458768.png (500x523, 38K)

SR71 had all moving rudders. This shit isn't rocket science, we did it in the 60s, and if it would have helped the F22 or F35 we'd have done it again.

f35 has all-moving elevators, not the split rudders.

the answer is control power/control effectiveness. the more control power and effectiveness you can get the smaller the surfaces can be. Since rudders and horizontal stabilizers don't contribute significantly to lift (save for trimming in SLUF for the horizontals) the added area above what is possible with all-moving surfaces is just more wetted area to contribute to drag. So, essentially all-moving surfaces allow you to have smaller surfaces and less deflection (i.e. more control power/control effectiveness) which ultimately reduces drag and signature in some frequencies....

Looks like it's one second into transforming into an autobot

why do birds have feathers instead of stretched out skin like bats?

Lmao, even the US government isn't dumb enough to spend money trying to let taiwan defend itself. Even the taiwanese mostly believe they can't defend against China.

I will say that the advantage is marginal. you're talking about less than 5% most likely because with traditional control surfaces the difference in drag/weight is less significant in terms of performance than say being able to sustain a 50F higher high-pressure turbine inlet temp.

I guess what im saying is that it's not really that big of a deal. Especially when you look at the bigger picture of air-warfare. it's basically irrelevant because the advantage is so small in real terms.

it has the aura or an animal in heat. that jet wants me to rub it all over and then cum deep in its boipussy over and over again, and then just on its body for good measure

its actually for warmth, not lift nor control, the most efficient flying things are bugs, that dont have feathers but just skin over frame wings

works much better when supersonic

Stop sexualising aircraft

can't sell Taiwan cutting edge stuff cause their military is full of Chinese moles.

every 4+ gen fighter has that

>The only asian nations with tech on par with the PRC right now is japan and south korea.
If you remove the American forces stationed their, these two countries are decidedly behind in ships and aviation.

>why do birds have feathers
Entirely by accident. Feathers evolved for warmth and display in dinosaurs, the ancestors of birds had full "flight feathers" prior to the actual development of flight.

why dont they just buy euro

They do also operate the Mirage 2000. Why they don't just go all in on that instead of producing their own, I couldn't say, but there's definitely something to be said for having an indigenous option when your international position is as contentious as the ROC's.

idk korea does it too i think it's an asian pride thing more than actual logistical concerns. they want to compete with the west.

Or maybe it's because China will cockblock their every attempt
China makes the US think twice about selling arms. Selling arms for Christ's sake.

Wrong

Every supersonic aircraft has an all moving tail.

To make up for the mistake that are canards

That was yesterday moron

LOL F-2 an F-15J vs J-20 and J-15/16.

GTFO.

>Every supersonic aircraft has an all moving tail
WRONG!

Why don't you include the Japanese F-35's?

Sorry, all lost during a chinese IRBM first strike.

Stealth and larger control surface. It's plain better.

Mutts probably just lost the technology. Otherwise cow can you explain "stealth" F-22 and F-35 having grandpa's rudders?

Attached: t-50-9 (7).jpg (1200x813, 239K)

But that's literally a key requirement in supersonic aircraft design. Even larger aircraft like the B-1B have an all moving tail.

Attached: T-50 tail.webm (640x480, 507K)

A smaller point of failure and a higher maintenance budget, leading to less flight hours and lower pilot experience. Impressive.

>lost the technology of putting a plate on a hinge

Attached: 1512138536732.png (402x645, 43K)

Because the euros are buddies with china

It's called F-CK-1? Holy shit, that's like Mitsubishi Pajero.

They're called stabilators

>t- brainlet

Same as all-moving elevators.

>The Obama administration compromised in allowing their existing aircraft to be upgraded but this only started last year.
At the same point, these are going to be upgraded to F-16V

Nice bait, the f-35 is shit but the chink paper airplane is 10 times fucking worse

It's named after the cuck of President opened the floodgates of western depravity in the form of democratic change, which eventually turned Taiwan into the SJW progressive shithole it is today.

Attached: glorious traditional china.jpg (739x720, 83K)

>it has the aura or an animal in heat. that jet wants me to rub it all over and then cum deep in its boipussy over and over again, and then just on its body for good measure

Attached: IMG_9127.jpg (900x900, 67K)

Whenever some country becomes friendly to the United States, all of a sudden LGBT bullshit appears, immigrants and rapefugees appear, drug bullshit appears etc.

Really bizarre how that works. I'm sure it's all coincidental though.

Many supersonic aircraft don't have tails at all.

Attached: Concorde at mach 2.jpg (818x960, 95K)

>two tiger penises have been deposited into your account

no. we know who it is, and so does patrick little.

Paid psyops agents trying to stir public opinion against a friendly US nation using the angles they've found trigger nationalists the most?

you cant stand in the way of love nor lust

Attached: thin mint enjoying the botanical garden.jpg (500x314, 67K)

America = jews and vice versa. The two simply can't be dissociated at this point.

And you're also quite wrong in thinking that it's ONLY jews. America was already SJW central long before jews immigrated en masse (example: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_feminist_literature#18th_century).

It's really BOTH Americans and jews. Same cancer.

>becomes friendly to the United States
Bruh the Republic of China has been buds with the United States since like the 1930s. Do you not remember the Flying Tigers?

theres no taboo against boi pussy in taoism/Confuciusism/buddhism

Most passenger jets have all moving tailplanes bro.

I-it waved at me :D !

hnnnnnngh

This is a lie

We will gladly accept you when you have the capability. until then, stay salty ling

The ruddrs are already fucking with your rcs, no need to make em change angles all the time, cus you know, radar. Also why use the whole thing when a 4th of it works fine.

That's not even all of it. The leading edges of wings and LERX's are controllable as well, and the 3D thrurst vectoring of course.

It can all be traced back to when the majority decided to allow women to vote. We've been on a slippery slope ever since. Hell I wish it were the Jews so we could just send em back to isreal and be done with it.

>pajeets in charge of LARPing as chinks

>pajeet brainlets still believe this does anything

Wow literally China's california.

Except these faggots has the foresight to put themselves on an island 100 miles off coast.

California divided into East cali and west when?
California sea trench when?

looks like your hair color isn't the only thing pink. Your "grey" matter is also a hue of red.

dumb fuck.

that is pretty fucking expensive, yo. You sure you can afford that?

Good chance it's maintenance-related. PRC are doing everything in their power to deter the US from supplying Taiwan with weapons any longer, so I suspect it's somewhat harder for Taiwan to support their F-16s than for most other operators.

higher efficiency at supersonic speeds. basically useless on rudders, differential control of stabilators will provide similar yaw moments plus bank, so the only thing all-moving rudders do is increase cost.

Maybe people that can be blindfolded with dental floss aren't the best pilots? I mean they can't navigate in 2D with cars so a third dimension might be a little too much for the insectoids.

So taiwan f 16s might not even be properly maintained?