What is your preferred 9mm carry ammo? And what is the best grain in your opinion?

What is your preferred 9mm carry ammo? And what is the best grain in your opinion?

>mine is federal hst hollow points

Attached: federal-hst-micro-9mm-1.jpg (1000x667, 60K)

Whatever I feel like at any given time. Only poor people have strong preferences, because they can only afford one option. You are pathetic.

sounds reasonable

WINCHESTER FMJ

Brown Bear 115gr FMJ.

I've bought HST but never shot it at the range. Worth practicing with? I mean it's just another round right?

Attached: tfw no qt black nurse gf.jpg (1080x1080, 164K)

I only ever carry three brands, these are the best ones for general public use. Federal HST, Speer Gold Dot, and Hordany Critical Defense. You can't go wrong with any of these brands and I have trusted them for many years.

Best IMHO HST 147gr none +P for the 9, great penetration. HST has outstanding reliability as far as the bullet expanding all the time.

I carry .45 HST 230 for my 1911 as well.

I really wanted to get Winchester Ranger T's for various memes and reasons but the expansion is just not reliable enough. Sometimes it just doesn't work, where I have no issues with the other brands.

Christ, I'm sweating...

we all are user

Attached: 1522685927321.png (1080x1349, 1.17M)

desu only super sperglords care about their carry ammo to autistic detail. For the most part, any JHP from a reputable manufacturer will do the job. Hell, even if you shot someone with FMJ it will put most regular people on their ass. Of course there are special cases of people who are under the influence of something or just downright crazy. Shoot till the threat stops. Doesn't matter if you have magtech 115 grain FMJ or gucci whatever the fuck +P JHP super expando rounds.

But since you ask, pic related. I had federal HST before

Attached: remgs9mmdlg.gif (752x529, 128K)

Yes you should practice with your carry ammo, it usually has a different feel when you shoot depending on how high the grain is and what gun you are shooting.

I carry 124gr HST because from the ballistics I've seen it performs the best.
Unless you're shooting +P I don't think you will feel much of a difference in recoil. However it's worth shooting a few mags of your defensive ammo to make sure it cycles correctly in your gun.

Die, nigger lovers.

these are qts

Attached: big_boy_being_edgy_online.jpg (800x690, 39K)

:^)

Attached: 30110969684_6258a69d75_b.jpg (876x1024, 141K)

HST

Attached: 20180427_195531-01.jpg (1920x2560, 1.48M)

I use HST +P. 124gr in my pistol and 147gr in my 8" barrel cz scorpion. Ive seen gel tests where the lighter 9mm bullets get going too fast in 8" barrels and the petals rip off the hollow points. So I use 147gr to slow the velocity down in the longer barrel so they should keep optimum expansion.

You are mentally polluted and you are the real problem. Have some self respect.

SFW board, bro.

this stuff

Attached: 9.jpg (224x224, 13K)

it's none nude bro

Attached: 1481573707358.jpg (1080x1349, 139K)

I notice more recoil with +p but i think it is because it bottoms out the slide on my s&w. It feels like a hard snap where normal 9mm feels smooth, like the slide doesnt bottom out hard and just smoothly cycles.

How does the conversation go from 9mm to freaking borderline nudes

you're lucky, it usually goes into posting about traps

147 grain Golden Sabers.

It's a round. Shoots stuff good. Performs well in my gun.

147g FMJ because that's all walmart had left this week

Probably not ideal

Golden Saber is a great round too but has some stability issues. Which is actually great LOL. The round likes to fragment out little pieces sometimes. Leaving a great chance that the person shot will always have bullet particles in them. A great round though

I have 135gr Critical Duty in my Glock 19, but it's a couple of years old and I'm about to rotate it out to Federal HST.

Federal HST seems to be the best performing 9mm round these days, and it's also the cheapest. I think you can get 50 round boxes for around 18 dollars. Which means you can also afford to practice with it.

In my 42 I carry Federal Hydra Shock. May or may not switch to HST, but apparently they expand really well and don't penetrate enough. I'm okay with my .380 not expanding reliably as long as it penetrates.

+P does have more of a snap depending on the weight of the gun you shoot it out of. My PCR it's not noticeable, my Glock 19 it is slightly. +P will accelerate wear on your handgun, but I doubt you'll ever shoot enough of it to make a difference.

Ditto. I used to carry Golden Saber in my J frame. Solid ammunition.

I switch from 124gr +p in both gold dots and hst. One 17 rnd mag is gd other is hst

Another 124gr HST user.

golden sabers are pretty widely known to have jacket separation problems. so much so that remington released that "black belt" crap to try to prevent it from happening. i put them about middle of the road, better than fmjs but not top tier technology. they're up there with other cheap dated hollowpoints like hydra shocks and plain winchester hps.

Yeah I mostly shoot regular pressure ball ammo at the range. But I still shoot 1 magazine of +P as my last magazine at the range to familiarize myself with the way it feels since that is what I keep it loaded with.

i have hollow points loaded with one in the pipe but my second clip is fmj for penetration into fleeing cars and for people who don't understand what cover is.

>supporting beastiality

here as well

Attached: IMG_2567.jpg (800x1161, 407K)

147 grain standard pressure is best in ~4" barrels and 124 +p is best in ~3" barrels, in my opinion, based on how quickly these loads generally expand vs how far they generally penetrate in ballistics gel tests

Attached: images(2).jpg (224x224, 7K)

Wheat is the best grain

That's probably the opposite of the truth. Shorter barrels don't need additional powder or slower burning powder, it just ends up as flash. You'll notice that most "short barrel" designed SD rounds are heavy in weight to counter the lower velocity leading to lower momentum greatly reducing penetration. So the shorter the barrel the heavier the bullet and higher the pressure ammo you should use.

I also carry with critical duty, but that is because I live near a state with bands on hollow-point ammo. Hydro shocks are better, but I don't want to get hit with a fine if I accidentally leave a loaded mag in my car.

>higher the pressure ammo you should use

124 "+ pressure"

+p loads get higher velocities than non +p even out of short barrels. Because of this, they generally get faster and better expansion than heavier bullets at slower velocities while still getting adaquate penetration

I carry Hornady Critical Duty 135gr +P rounds in my Ruger SR9.

But what if I'm a nigger myself?

Speer Gold Dot

*blocks your path*

Attached: YCxHek8.jpg (426x640, 43K)

>wastes time dicking around with ten different ammo brands, three different categories, each with three bullet weights
>loses money buying in small quantities to support dicking around

Poor fag thinking in abundance.

124 grain gold dots because they were on sale.

CEASE!

Attached: [Clown Car Revs].png (666x612, 741K)

HST and other defensive rounds will be significantly different than target rounds. more recoil, different point of impact. it's not quite like changing calibers but you still need to know what its like coming out of your carry gun

124gr HST +p

hard to beat its penetration and expansion