AR thread/ARG/tripfag containment

Workbench edition

Old

Attached: 20170817_193523.jpg (3072x1857, 2.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

kakindustry.com/ar-15-parts/upper-parts/barrels/300-blk/9-0-inch/kak-300-blackout-9-inch-pistol-stainless-barrel-5r7
rkguns.com/del-ton-ar-15-16-mid-contour-rifle-kit-rkt123.html
youtube.com/watch?v=YWdD206eSv0
heavybuffers.com/vltor.html
reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/8ongyc/my_wife_of_three_weeks_said_if_i_get_100_upvotes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You must have over 10k in tools there, how can you afford it?

Attached: received_10156578212476454.jpg (504x378, 38K)

How does this barrel look? Thinking im gonna pull the trigger and start a new build.

kakindustry.com/ar-15-parts/upper-parts/barrels/300-blk/9-0-inch/kak-300-blackout-9-inch-pistol-stainless-barrel-5r7

I'm thinking of building an M16A4gery-kinda.
Spoonfeed parts.It doesnt have to be 100% replica autism.

Attached: 1500384977905.jpg (708x708, 60K)

I make 90 bucks an hour and spend most of my time complaining on an Australian kangaroo boxing forum.

My time is very valuable don't you know?

hey you're trying to sell your red dot and brace on armslist rn aren't you?

Hey other trips and stuff, bb gave his suggestion based on my pricerange and need for a pretty okay assembled midlength upper.
Do any of you have any other suggestions for assembled 5.56 uppers for under 800?

Attached: BCM-URG-MID-16-BFH-ELW-MCMR-13-2.jpg (1500x1000, 255K)

What do you want it to do and how nice do you want it to be?

I want to strap it to a 4wheeler and use it for pest control around my land and not have to worry about some shit-joke of an upper. Mostly coyotes/coydogs harassing the surrounding farms and once a week probably doing some 'just for fun' rifle drills and courses.

flaming faggots

Oh; and nice enough for it to be reliable and not fall apart one me under 20k rounds.

Oh dude, you can do it for less.
Stag, Windham, Colt, Aero Precision, Spikes Tactical. There's a lot of options that are around 500 if you don't want anything but the bare minimum. Stag and Aero actually give you mlok for around 500.

No, the red dot is so cheap it's not worth selling and I modified the buffer tube, so I wouldn't sell it after that.

Got a link though?

Attached: 20180524_144056.jpg (4032x3024, 3.21M)

I was pretty much hoping to buy one upper and just have it last essentially forever. Or as much as I can get out of it. BCM is a pretty widely respected company.
A friend recommended PSA but I figured I'd pay a bit more for a higher quality that'll last.

Most barrels without chrome won't touch 20k. You're more likely to get 5-8k, depending on how you shoot, and lose some accuracy after 3-4k.

this general really did a number on bb

Attached: IMG_7467.jpg (3024x3024, 1.51M)

Ah damn. I'm an ak fag and usually shoot like 3-500 rounds a week... i don't bumpfire or really abuse anything. Damn.

That's not true, quality QPQ barrels will have an average lifespan comparable to chrome-lined for your average semi-auto carbine. You're not going to be shooting enough to heat up your nitrided barrel in semi-auto to cause a severely decreased barrel life.

The problem you're going to have is round count. If you're wanting to shoot a lot and have a barrel last forever, it's not going to happen with any gun.
My 300 win mag only last a few thousand before I have to rebarrel, but that's 3-4 years.
If you want a gun to have a good high round count before re-barreling, you're going to want a chrome lined barrel.
It really depends on realistic use.

sah dude?

I'll never suggest someone build their own AR again without first factoring in the price of every possible tool used to assemble it in the overall cost or ever expect that someone owns basic tools and a bench or work space.

Also, it has been a very slow day here and it's been fun to bantz with someone other than Ash.

Attached: 2018-04-20 09.03.04 4_resized.jpg (2016x1134, 1.49M)

Where is he?

Why are you still here?

Attached: 1524179290773m.jpg (768x1024, 109K)

Moderate to heavy use, some weeks it might just be 100 rounds other weeks it might be 500.

BCM BFH CHF ELW LIGHTWEIGHT MCMR 14.5"

Attached: T I G E R S T R I P E.jpg (3234x2349, 3.52M)

Even AKs fit that same mold. 10k of semi-accurate fire is about the limit for pretty much any gun.
You can technically go beyond that, but things like accuracy become a real issue. If you're for shits and gigs, that another story
I don't care what barrel you have. If it's not made of tungsten, you're not going to get some insane round count out of it.The metal erodes and the accuracy suffers.

Attached: 1504021006568.jpg (1164x837, 725K)

suh dude

hey what has been your favorite setup on your FN, I picked one up recently. Probably going to go back to pic related almost exactly but I was considering something different

boredom. I fucked off to msg for a while, they're almost worse than arg, mostly left for a while then I bought an AR again so I figured I'd see what this place has been up to. Lots of newtrips.

hes still alive and doing well saw him in march

Attached: IMG_9459.jpg (2484x3312, 3.35M)

rkguns.com/del-ton-ar-15-16-mid-contour-rifle-kit-rkt123.html

Get something with chrome or hammer forged and expect to swap barrels after 5-8k rounds.
is a good suggestion.
Wanting 20k, or even 10k, on a single barrel is unrealistic.

Attached: 1503954084565.jpg (720x960, 109K)

who is this cunny bunny

have you done anything new AR related?

Attached: 20180602_170650.jpg (2016x1512, 1.31M)

Good, at least someone is keeping tabs on him.

Why did you get back into the ar game?

Attached: 1526342434397.jpg (4500x3000, 3.68M)

That looks like a surprisingly good, but obviously cheap, vise.

Any details on it?

Attached: allen wrenches.png (1050x788, 1.59M)

new meme shit upper. still need irons

nah I'm just getting back into it.

Dude has it made, healthy salary with good job security and no debt. Solid at any age but especially so for his age. Found a NIB FN M4 on arfcom for 1200 shipped, my shekels couldn't resist.

Attached: IMG_9733.jpg (2448x3264, 2.77M)

Yeah I saw this the other day. What caliber?
What back up irons are you planning?
Needs a smaller stock. I like it otherwise. Gucci shit.

Attached: WGWS + PISTOL1.jpg (3808x2372, 3.9M)

moar

Attached: Pratt & Whitney 16 x 54 3jaw.jpg (1122x778, 288K)

what barrel lasts only 8k rounds?, my first palghetto CHF rifle is just a few hundred rounds shy of 10k and it still kicking, my beater freedon rifle that I keep in my trunk and rarely clean or lube is still shooting at 6k rounds down the pipe.

300blk. prob lmt 556 set if I cant find a decent minimalist set. i like that hk 416 minimal rear sight, but don't know what to do for a front.

What? I have over 20k rounds through my saiga and it's still shooting 3moa... It's chrome lined and I don't go out of my way to buy specialty rounds.
Hmm that doesn't look horrible.
How is it a meme? it's almost exactly the same as the others suggested but slightly shorter.

>what barrel lasts only 8k rounds?, my first palghetto CHF rifle is just a few hundred rounds shy of 10k and it still kicking, my beater freedon rifle that I keep in my trunk and rarely clean or lube is still shooting at 6k rounds down the pipe.
I bet you do. They'll still shoot for a long time, but being able to hit a damn is a completely different story. 8k is the end of a accurate-ish rifle. Take your palghetto out and try to hit 1MOA at 100 yards with match ammo. You can't, if you say you can, you're lying. With 855, you're definitely going to, at least, be 2-2.5MOA.

>How is it a meme?
300 blackout 6.5" lightweight build is pretty gimmicky if you ask me. it's fun as shit

a good barrel should still be accurate after 8k round unless its seen a lot of full auto/bump firing. the average AR owner is shooting almost exclusively slow fire
>Take your palghetto out and try to hit 1MOA at 100 yards with match ammo.
a lot of barrels cant do that consistently when new

welcome back

Attached: 1523929817679.png (480x698, 524K)

>youtube.com/watch?v=YWdD206eSv0

Attached: 30a.jpg (475x356, 52K)

Oh I thought it was in 5.56... uhh?

it makes everyone worse. for the amount that your rifle becomes better here you must sacrifice the inverse from your personality.

>a good barrel should still be accurate after 8k round unless its seen a lot of full auto/bump firing. the average AR owner is shooting almost exclusively slow fire
Well now we're going to establish what you consider accurate. The standard for "accurate" rifle is generally 1MOA or less. That's the standard for new barrels with match ammo. If you're shooting a rifle past 8k and saying it's accurate, you're not using the term like everyone else.
>a lot of barrels cant do that consistently when new
A lot of people can't do that consistently new, a new barrel should be around 1 MOA. If it's not, it's probably got some kind of lining and isn't bore spec. To be fair, a lot of cheaper barrels aren't bore spec and that's fine. But don't expect to have a long life from those kind of barrels or buy them for that purpose.

not used to tripping

tfw no toasty

2true

if it's not a proof research barrel you're a retard

Does anyone have any experience with a Daniel Defense lightweight chf barrel?

did u already goof up and dox yourself?

Yes, they're gtg. More like an intermediate profile than a pencil

Attached: IMG_3135.jpg (3024x3024, 968K)

rotated photo

How's it going dude? Nice on getting another.

Honestly though, I think my favorite was the MIAD, and CTR set up with the M600 which I'd probably replace with a M622

I fucking love M9s

Attached: 20170602_072422_resized2.jpg (2365x1330, 3.48M)

That's a nice aesthetic

Attached: received_10155270987306454.jpg (2048x1152, 275K)

you may be right but my palghettos are just for plinking and bumpfiring so precision shooting isnt a concern, my bcm has about 5k rounds down the pipeand its still shooting at 1MOA.

stop posting this until your SBR clears

Stamp for a second sbr is in works.

What should i build bext?

A 22lr?
A 9mm?
Is I poor fag?

Attached: 20171111_195504.jpg (1740x1423, 1.51M)

I have a sopmod and scout light sitting around, found a NIB ta31F so I think I'll start there. How is the balance with the CTR? I like that aesthetic and simplicity, though I found my M4 with the fiberlite stock was stupid front heavy
>I fucking love M9s
yee, I have a new fondness for them. gutted this one and replaced most everything with wilson parts, practically makes it a different gun. armsunlimited has M9A1s for 595 shipped and all the parts I swapped out were 160. grips were another 60. not bad IMO for the result, very smooth shooter

Attached: IMG_3125.jpg (3024x4032, 2.33M)

heavybuffers.com/vltor.html
>H buffer = 4oz
>H2 buffer = 4.5oz
>H3 buffer = 5.5oz
>XH buffer = 10oz
what kind of chad setup necessitates a 10oz buffer?

What stock fuckers?
lwrc compact or xm177 car stock

or something different
Its a ultra cheap semi light build for a charity shoot that im doing in 2 weeks.
its got a MRO on it for optics

Attached: IMG-0098.1.jpg (1009x755, 618K)

I saw you on a long range thread a while back and some anons were being dicks and telling you bs but I didn't get back to the thread until it was closed. You asked about what brands to try and it sounded like you pretty well had the logic down, find what shoots best in your specific gun and listed out maybe a dozen options.
I just wanted to say you're going about it mostly correctly. If all you care about is a practical gun and not about dick waving group size then any load that shoots sub-moa is what will work with the ranges you're wanting. If your gun can't shoot the longest range bullet (a combination of BC and velocity determines of course) inside moa you need to move on to the next highest. The load your barrel likes is going to be luck of the draw but having a short heavy barrel on a floated AR is going to help your odds of it liking just about anything.
Also make sure you do fouling shots between switching ammunition.
If I was to buy some automatic rifle to use as a DMR, I'd also try to find a cheaper ammunition it shoots well for practice at short range snap shooting and casual plinking but I am not you and I don't know your needs past what was in that thread.

>Its a ultra cheap semi light build for a charity shoot
mft minimalist stock if it's for a reddit convention

But that's not the mk18 shoop

Balance is actually pretty decent with the M600. It might be different with an ATPIAL and can up front though.

Gotta love Wilson Combat. I'm gutting a Springfield 1911 with Wilson Combat and Ed Brown parts right now.

>I'm gutting a Springfield 1911 with Wilson Combat and Ed Brown parts right now.
why don't you just buy a wilson combat or ed brown 1911 to begin with you poorfag?

458 socom

ty. how much did the build run you?

good to know, I may just pick one up though it'd be hard to part with the SOPMOD life

bb BTFO

Attached: IMG_2968.jpg (3024x3024, 2.89M)

I could use a few upvotes, Jow Forums.
reddit.com/r/ar15/comments/8ongyc/my_wife_of_three_weeks_said_if_i_get_100_upvotes/

>my bcm has about 5k rounds down the pipeand its still shooting at 1MOA.
No it doesn't. You can google around or you can just understand what I'm trying to tell you.
ARs built for accuracy will flirt with sub-moa, but most will be just under or right at 1MOA.
Mil-Spec barrels typically shoot 77g match ammo at 1 to 1.5 MOA. BCM follows Mil-Spec guide lines.
If you have a rifle that started out as Mil Spec and created 5000 expolsions that erode metal out of the bore, even under ideal conditions, it will not be 1 to 1.5 MOA.
These are facts, this is what the barrel can do, not what you can do. You are, in all likelihood, no an MOA shooter.

Attached: 1504579438279.jpg (923x960, 170K)

Because I already had a Springfield to begin with that I bought years ago and I liked the aesthetics of this inspiration and decided to gut it and have fun with it.

Also because projects like this are enjoyable. If I was going to buy anything brand new from Wilson Combat, it'd be the 92 Brigadier.

Attached: PredatorRecons020-2.jpg (900x510, 72K)

>Because I don't have the money
FTFY
shooting MOA isn't impressive by any means

9milly
CTR is great and balances decently.

Thanks a ton for the tips dude! I didn't know about fouling shots.

Attached: 20180515_185803.jpg (2656x1494, 2.3M)

do

Attached: IMG_3137.jpg (3024x3024, 2.38M)

>shooting MOA isn't impressive by any means
It is for someone running and gunning an AR tactically. It would be absurdly impressive.
Someone with a sub-moa rifle shooting from a bench, it takes skill but isn't uncommon.

Attached: 1504021863049.jpg (1080x1350, 483K)

>reddit convention?
and no, those stocks are fucking horrible

Attached: REDDIT CONVENTION.jpg (2016x1505, 1.98M)

There are other things I'd rather spend my money on user.

I really want a new M9. The 92 I got from my grandfather has been retired as a safe queen. I wish that I had bought the Brigadier instead of the Legion.

Attached: photo (4).jpg (1632x1224, 622K)

The M9 and I have never really gotten along, but damn if that black gripped one doesn't look completely bad ass.

You need to get rid of that B.A.D. lever of the gun on the picture.

>92S
neato. You could probably find someone willing to trade, they are more or less each other's main competitor.

It takes some getting used to if all you really shoot is stiker or SAO guns. The reduced power spring really improves DA and running a light helps with flip a lot. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, wanted to keep it subtle. The 90 series guns are a lot easier to work on than people make them out to be. The only thing that was a nuisance was hand fitting the mag release that was apparently oversized from wilson combat.

a heavy titanium bolt carrier?

Pretty sexy

fucking rotated pics

Attached: IMG_3129.jpg (3024x3024, 2.44M)

I don't have the Legion anymore. I just got burnt out on Sigs after a while. I would like to get another German P220 though. I definitely want to get a M9 soon though. The 1911 I have in pieces right now is the only full sized handgun I still have.

when im shooting from a bench my bcm can achieve that but without it im getting 2.5.

Another user here, I'd honestly say a sub-moa shooting combination is uncommon. A lot of people try to down play sub-moa shooting so that no one else questions their own skill. Based on what I've seen at public ranges, 95% of people dont have the rifle/skill combination required to shoot sub-moa (yet I see them falsely/mistakenly claiming it) but everyone has the ability on the internet.
>t. big dick guy with 3 out of 5 rifles rocking half-moa or better loads

Attached: 1528228573160.jpg (3024x3024, 2.45M)

I'm sure a lot of it was me, I couldn't ever get it to pattern worth a damn. I'd concentrate and brace against a table all kinds of stuff and think "yeah that should've hit right about here", and I'd completely miss the target or it'd be off like a foot and a half.

Best pic so far. I need one to team up with my A4gery.

Beretta brigadier

Attached: ohhh.jpg (330x381, 43K)

>but everyone has the ability on the internet

everyone on the internet is also a 6'10" 3 sandwich eating chad with 3 girlfriends, 2 master degrees, and a second property up north. That said, I really do shoot sub-moa and it's great at ranges because I don't look like your average firearms enthusiast so I get a lot of attitude for it.

This a spaghetti thread now?

Attached: 65s4fdfdb68ds4fb654df4fb6d54fbf.jpg (1928x1276, 989K)

>I need one to team up with my A4gery.
So buy one. What are you, chicken?

>heavy titanium bolt carrier
isn't titanium by definition lightweight?

I had a west german 226 for a while, it was nice bit nothing special. Handled +p rounds superbly but I prefer the pasta blasters. Acquired a handful of BHPs but slimmed it down to one mkI and one mk3. The market for those right now is ridiculous.

wut

they're pretty unforgiving. you can have a slightly off grip/technique with, say a glock and still shoot pretty well but thats not the case with the 90 series guns.

s g e t t i

Attached: IMG_3093.jpg (3024x3024, 1.71M)

are all these lame group think pasta references the newest reddit meme fad?

Exaclty. Me and user were talking about MOA shooting.
I think he was an internet warrior thinking people can just pick up a gun and run MOA accuracy on a rifle course. He probably didn't understand what he was saying.
I go to a range with that's mostly local LEO and a lot of vets.
SubMOA is kind of neat to see here and there, but not a super big deal. MOA isn't that big of a deal at all. Most people are doing drills where MOA isn't even a consideration.

its an old meme PB = pietro beretta aka pasta blaster

>slimmed it down to one mkI and one mk3
>So buy one. What are you, chicken?
What are you 12? Reported for underage posting.