Recommend me a deer rifle for this year

Recommend me a deer rifle for this year.

Attached: whitetail.jpg (630x339, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

legacysports.com/catalog/howa/howa-krg-bravo/
tikka.fi/en-us/rifles/tikka-t3x/t3x-hunter
youtu.be/w7HqiH3WUZM?t=32
youtube.com/watch?v=ubt19wLNcKM
youtube.com/watch?v=GzUb2_sWorE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rem783 3.08 with a good scope.

Savage 10/110 in 7mm.

Howa anything will give you the most bang for your buck:
legacysports.com/catalog/howa/howa-krg-bravo/

Where are you hunting?

Junk

Junk

Wrong

Glock&Wesson 45mm

Savage Axis .308, synthetic stock. Inexpensive, accurate, reliable, lightweight, without too much kick, and has adequate power. Nothing fancy; it just puts the bullets where they should go every time.

>Wrong

ur mjothr!

7mm Rem Mag or 7mm-08?

30-30 lever gun.

K31, 1916 Mauser, FAL, G3, SKS or AK with 150gr bullets. Or just get a Savage .308 if your a normie.

> OMg it has to be a precision rifle with a scmidt and bender scope to be effective at all.

How are any of those rifles bad for deer hunting?

SCAR 17. What are you, a poorfag?

Come to think of it.. do they even make short round count mags for the 17? Does anyone?

>he doesn't hunt deer from over half a mile away

convert a 10 round FAL magazine or chop a 17 mag or insert a mag block.

Just make a mag limit for it. Test that it works, and when a game warden stops you show him it only holds 10/5/3 etc etc. Worked for me.

Nevermind, they only make the Savage in 7mm Rem Mag.

>he doesnt live in the woods

7mm-08, might as well get a fuddy-aught6 if you want a 7mm rem mag

None, just lube, a rope and condoms

Attached: Full mast.jpg (320x283, 29K)

Guess I'll look into it. I had legit considered taking my 17 durr hunting this year. And for the record, those regulations are dumb as fuck.

If you're hiking to your hunt and don't intend to shoot much past 300m, I think that the Savage 11 LW is one of the best hunting rifles ever made.

Any of these should do
>pic related

>>

Attached: mosin.jpg (800x600, 107K)

This is a good starter rifle that isn't going to break the bank. Just mount a good scope and zero it in.

here ya go
sears com/fnh-usa-scar-17s-10-rnd-magazine-blk/p-SPM11091390115?sid=IDx20110310x00001i&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-JiHx5y92wIVhVuGCh3xIACnEAQYAyABEgLb1fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COHXu9KcvdsCFUlbDAoddYAGiA

Ruger American 308 if you want cheap

Tikka T3 308 if you want something nicer

>condoms
are you saying you dont want a deer family?

S&B makes a good soft point 7.62-54r I've used for pigs.

tikka.fi/en-us/rifles/tikka-t3x/t3x-hunter

user this isnt 2011. and whoever realtree'd that mosin should consider suicide

Thanks user. Sears would be one of the last places I'd have looked for SCAR accessories.

Saiga 308

Howa, Weatherby, Savage, Ruger
look at their basic models, pick one

This. Why do you need some bolt action faggotry with a 6x?

No one does, faggot.

I'm hunting whitetail. I'm going to get a ptr-91 with a leupold scope.

>Mossberg 500
>28 inch barrel
>slugs or buckshot
There you go

You've already got one in your pants, user.

This is what I use. Does the job well.

>Sporterized mosin

Attached: images.jpg (262x192, 9K)

Are there any rifles that come from the factory with iron sights? $1200 limit, .308

I like the Tikka T3x, but I can't find any distributor that sells them with sights. I'm in Canada if it matters.

I don't know about modern from the factory but old Remington 700s (mine's from '70) have irons. They're great shooters and should be available for

Attached: 700.jpg (1625x3257, 1.38M)

10/22 for the challenge

browning x-bolt chambered in a caliber thats legal for hunting bambi in your state

>condoms
....but you cannot impregnate a deer. Why lessen the sensation?

.257 Mag with an 8 power scope

American Rifle in .270

cant even use a rifle to hunt durr in my state
shotgun with foster slugs is all we get. cant stalk either. gotta sit in a stand all fucking day bored to shit hoping a deer walks past. and thats if you actually won the lottery and got a deer stamp
and holy shit the hoops you have to jump through once you make a kill as far as reporting and shit go
i have better ways of wasting a weekend.

What gay ass state is that?

Don't want my dick raw in some stank ass durr pussy, catch all sorts of shit

I would add Thompson Center to that list, as well.

.257 bob

Are you in some new England shithole?

>deer wart dick
yeesh triple wrap my dude

Attached: 23452346.png (1000x583, 813K)

>deer rifle
Why not a crossbow?

Browning xbolt 30-06

AK-47

Winchester Model 70 Super Grade in 300 Win Mag.

>3.08
i dont think it is quite legal to hunt with artillery
>Rem anything post 2005
ishygddt

pic related

Attached: Three_Inch_M-5_Gun.jpg (1087x818, 247K)

Zastava m70, it's a mauser action

Browning M2 50cal

youtu.be/w7HqiH3WUZM?t=32
There is a roundabout form of precedent.

Hogs are invasive, you can hunt them with literally anything you are otherwise legally allowed to own.

youtube.com/watch?v=ubt19wLNcKM

Why do you guys immediately default to the cheapest crap you can get off the shelf

Your hunting rifle/shotgun are the only long guns you'll actually use. A good one in a common & versatile caliber will last you decades. If you buy something tacky and cheap you just end up buying another tacky cheap gun next year.

I shoot a Winchester 70 sporter in .30-06. I love it. Lots of other great rifles out there, no reason to jump on the first budget gun you see.

>Hogs are invasive, you can hunt them with literally anything you are otherwise legally allowed to own.
k? where in OP does he say he wants a gun to hunt hog?

>Why do you guys immediately default to the cheapest crap you can get off the shelf
Don't blame them, they're just mindless consumers.

How about a shotgun?

22 hornet

Mossberg 500 field w/ 18.5 & 28" barrels. I'm considering switching to a BPS. I can't let the collection swell too much for the next few years, so I need versatility in one gun.

Go Gucci or Go Home

Attached: A5D0CEC8-4F31-4BC8-B8A8-DF8BCC79A886-14394-000013B2273C90EA.jpg (660x440, 39K)

Savage 110 in .338 Lapua Magnum

Find a quality military surplus rifle like a Mauser or Lee Enfield and sporterize it with a scope and aftermarket stock

>sporterize it
This has got to be bait. Fuck you if you're serious.

Where in that post does it say I'm replying to OP, you stupid fucking newfag?

>regulations are dumb as fuck.
Ftfy

What? They're quality rifles that could benefit from a scope. I killed a doe at 237 yards with my Krag scout rifle setup.

It's not the 80s anymore

I got it in 2014

Winchester Model 70: the rifleman's rifle.

Also, it must be chambered in .270 Winchester, the rifleman's cartridge.

>destroying history
I know you're making it up, but on the off chance you aren't, you're a cunt.

Now, if you find a sporter, sure, buy it. I've had lots of sporter surps. But that shit was already done.

don't want no STDurrs

Try North Dakota. Fuckers can see you from a mile away. I know some guys that use only 6.5 Cremador cause their best opportunities are at 600+ yards

I boughta TC compass in 6.5 for cheap. It's pretty nice...

I know they make boltguns but I'm not sure I could get a Thompson Center and not get one of the single-shot break actions.

Tikka T3 in .270

Attached: Triple homicide 5.jpg (3264x2448, 1.93M)

Take the rifle you like best, hold it to your heart, It's now your dearest rifle for this year.

My dad is using Jow Forums now? Damn, what's the hip site to move to?

>remshit

Because in all but the most extreme cases, a savage axis or ruger american tier rifle will be good enough and also last a lifetime.

My man.

Attached: 25484bc2e1d7839e38a0f5cab69879c1.gif (320x240, 1.67M)

use a pistol you pussy

This is correct

So will a hi point. If that's too big, get a used pf9. No need to spend money on something nice, ever.

O H I O?

youtube.com/watch?v=GzUb2_sWorE

So if we both agree it can be a lifetime investment, why have it be a cheap piece of shit that looks and feels bad and has mechanical shortcomings?