Would you trust your life more to 556 or 7.62x39 in SHTF?

Would you trust your life more to 556 or 7.62x39 in SHTF?

Attached: 0A9A5D59-42AE-4619-893D-CC612D1CE1EE.jpg (477x724, 200K)

5.56 in US, 7.62 everywhere else. Thinking of abundant quantities of ammunition local to the area of impact. I could be wrong but that's how I see it.

Got it 100%, go with the ammo most plentiful to find, use the element of surprise, and don't shoot if ya don't need.

This senpai. I have an AK but i'm also going to get an AR because I remembered I live in burgerland and not in former soviet union countries

I trust 5.56x45 because I am more familiar with the AR platform and I like the modularity and customization along with the fact that I can carry more 5.56 as well.

5.56 because it's more common, fits more in a magazine, and fragments and turns solid tissue into play-doh starfruit dispensers. Oh fuck gnarly dued did you see that guy's underwear and ass when he pulled them up and got shot? If you were truly making a music video for chester bennington, instead of a creampie dribbling down onto the wagerapee's face, it would be the blood from daniel shaver's wounds. You'd need a wide angle camera lens to see the various 0,0,255 and 98,105,0,1 RGB alpha fluids sleeping onto the glass. Hey toss a piece of pizza next to the wind aim compensation of that trans-traps-mannfred-mann AUGHHHH philandro castile imma have to pull out i can't let you do that, says the foreign negress who needs you to pay child support, bLAM BLAm BLAm plice ovvifercs. I'mma try it out (imma pull it out) POLICE OFFICERS BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM aughhhh hi point NOOOO

Get off the drugs.

Consider the weight b

5.56. Plentiful and you people aren't considering weight. An properly built SHTF AR will be much lighter than an AK and you'll save more mass on ammo and mags. This is important.

ARs are also very cheap right now, get one while you can at these prices, 2018 elections are coming up

5.56 EZ. Weight, range, availability, size (if backpack space is limited), and more guns in the US are going to be chambered in it.

SHTF i'd rather have a bit more range than anything else, keep a eye of people while they're far away and if they seem threatening, shoot with the distance advantage.

Probably 5.56, both are pretty common in the US, 5.56 being more common though. And ARs are so user friendly to fix and work on in general that factory kinda beats out the “ak reliability” generalization

Both are plenty good, stop worrying so much about that stuff.

depends on where you're at. If I'm out innawoods I'd want a 308 rifle with quality glass, even if it means I get less ammo.

Everybody and their brother is gonna have a firearm in a disaster scenario, it's best to stay far away from people. If you are having to defensively shoot at someone from under 300 yards, you have already fucked up by getting yourself into a clusterfuck of a situation.

Shoot far away, stay far away, stay alive

In America, 5.56 simply because of the sheer amount of ammo laying around now that AR's are the most popular rifle in the states. I would prefer the penetration of 7.62x39 in the woods here in rural VA (which is why I went with an AK), but if you don't have at least a beater AR lying around to use parts and ammo, you're in deep shit once all the LGS's and walmarts get their tulammo looted.
Availability of parts is definitely a huge factor. Thing is I can see the argument that an AK will in most cases require almost no work, or suffer virtually no parts breakage in the first place. Being able to clean shit out of the receiver with a dunk in a stream, lake or washed with water bottles also makes it serviceably clean. The amount of Kalashnikov's in shitholes being wielded by illiterates and still working is indicative of this.

Attached: 1384039813199.gif (280x212, 1.49M)

Both.
The AK strikes me as to better option for a short term civil emergency where defending myself from my own stockpile is feasible.

If it was a situation in which parts/ammo were never going to be mass-produced again, I would want an AR.

Depends on a lot of factors. What area we are talking about and what kind of ammo. Is it milsurp is it plinking or its match grade... I am from Eastern Europe and my home country produces some quality 5.56 NATO and sells it on civilian market too. As far as 7.62X39 there are several sources... but most are modern day steel cased plinking ammo or old milsurp.. so I rather go for 5.56.

.308 master race

>If you are having to defensively shoot at someone from under 300 yards, you have already fucked up by getting yourself into a clusterfuck of a situation

That's retarded. You aren't always going to have the ability to stay far away from people. There are too many variables that prevent that. And even if you can how will you be sure to set yourself up in a place that will give you a vantage point and vision to see past 300 yards? You're just assuming that you can do call of duty sniper at all times. But guess what...obstructions exist and people move. If you have the ability of a satellite to alert you to movement using IR then I'll believe in your abilities.
Apart from getting a castle on top of a mountain you aren't going to have the luxury of keeping people at a distance.