Why are new pistols so yuck

Look at stuff like the 1911, Beretta 92fs and sig sauer 226 (the west German ones) and then today's shit like Xd's SR9's glock's and sits p320...

Why are the former so go dann nice, and the later so meh. They work, but fuck it like a cheaper, alien toy mass manufacturered without care in your hand.

But those former three, they feel good, the aesthics look like they were made by someone who actually loves guns, and just have that characteristic of quality. Even our beat to duck issue M9A1s seem to have some uniqueness that the G17 doesn't, like driving a high mileage paint worn but maintained 911 vs a new Camry.

Attached: 2632942_01_italian_beretta_92fs_inox_w_wo_640.jpg (640x383, 40K)

companies are pushing out new models so often it’s not surprising they fuck up often, but it sounds like you just don’t like polymer guns

did sumbody say BUHHRETTAH

Attached: CAD7C77D-CA17-4462-940D-0B33EEAA4D46.jpg (4032x3024, 2.42M)

Well, products are usually marketed towards their target audience. So you tell me

Attached: B90B2854-2C5E-41E4-ACB1-D01D5C6DC47F.jpg (640x414, 68K)

This is now an Inox/stainless thread

And I agree OP but I think its because I'm not a fan of polymer guns

Attached: wood.jpg (3024x4032, 1.87M)

They're extremely cheap to make and a safe bet for sale. It sucks but that's the reality of the situation.

I love my 92 but I got it in black. Easily my favorite handgun. When I look at the Inox, I get big cums.

Do I buy another one in Inox, or do I get the M9A3?

Attached: 1527659933228.png (500x450, 146K)

My sig p226 legion is nice. It was made in the US and I haven't had any problems with it. Even thrown it in the mud in the woods the day after s heavy rain and it worked just fine the whole mag and the next one loaded. I cleaned it after that.

I'd say an Inox because then you could swap around slides if you wanted a sexy two-tone too

Nah I like 2011s which are a poly hybrid. But even those feel like they were designed by someone who loved the 1911 and wanted to keep it 1911

I like the M&P, but it feels like a throw away toy compared to those examples I gave.

Attached: tumblr_o8mdinlRn41u8wbhro1_1280.jpg (960x612, 75K)

thats some nice figuring in those grips

Attached: IMG_3135.jpg (3024x3024, 968K)

You sound like a revolver fudd. Glocks are the best pistol ever made for the time being so deal with the fact that your favorite pistol (that you really just bought for aesthetics) is sub par. And quit whining while you're at it. The glock is light, more accurate than a human can be, extremely reliable, and used by spec ops, military, and police around the world. The only reason you and the rest of you neckbeards faggots in this thread are hating on glock is cause it doesn't look good enough for you.

And honestly for me glock even wins in the aesthe tic department, has a suave modern look while the older pistols just look like hunks of metal.

poe's law and glock posters go together like PB +J

Attached: 1514997788756.jpg (782x788, 321K)

Notice how you didn't even attempt to argue with anything I said though. The truth is that glock haters just hate it cause of its looks. But weapons are made with a purpose and looks are secondary.

This is why I only buy 1911s made by hand in the jungles of Vietnam

It's really telling when someone obsesses more over how a gun looks than how it performs. 1911's are over 100 year old designs at this point with all of the unnecessary weight and high part counts associated with that. The Beretta design is great but there has never been a really good compact or subcompact Beretta 92 while the Glock 26 and other polymer guns accomplish this very well. SIG's aren't ergonomic and suffer from high bore axis. They also haven't had an amazing compact/subcompact either although I suppose the p225 is okay (p228 is basically a full size).

I have a glock, there is more to a gun than weight and an appeal to authority argument. Applying your logic nearly every major gun on the market is also great because just about everything sees use in police or military roles. beretta, cz, glock, sig, HK the list goes on.

Yes glocks lack aesthetic but they also have generally shitty triggers, shitty sights, shitty finish, shitty mags and even the grip angle leaves a lot to be desired.

Glocks are great in the way a honda civic is great, reliable, cheap and dependable. Sperging about entry level plastic guns is like going on home depot's website and raving about your GE microwave and calling anyone who uses LG a whining faggot.

Attached: 1508527380894.jpg (601x601, 121K)

Very few firearms are as widespread and respected as the glock in police and military roles. Very very few.

> shitty triggers
Wrong
> shitty sights
Yes but easily remedied
> shitty finish
Wrong
> shitty mags
FUCKING WRONG whole guns are based off of glock mags. Glock magazines are very reliable. I don't even know where you pulled that bs from

And a glock isn't just an entry level gun if spec ops and shooting competitors are overwhelmingly using glocks. It CAN be an entry level gun but is much more than that

>plastic
>plastic
>scratches immediately
>plastic

>if I appeal to authority enough maybe I'll stumble upon an argument
You haven't actually made an argument or countered any of mine, just insisted its reputation speaks for itself. I look forward to your next fallacy.

My first pistol was a gen4 g19...I sold it. Glocks dont live up to the fame. Hence why I call them the Camry of guns, they'll do the job, but you cant say that they are of a higher quality than what I listed.

Also military and LEO doesnt matter in quality...ever heard of the term "lowest bidder"? there is a reason why my poverty build AR15 shoots better than my M4 even with using the same CCO.

As far as aestithics...lol "hunk of metal"? You do realize the slide shape is for to limit the amount if machining required. It is quite literally a hunk of metal slabbed onto plastic.

Attached: 1525221068666.png (480x640, 596K)

>I don't even know where you pulled that bs from
if you ever actually shot your gun or went to IDPA youd see all the broken glock mags, especially baseplates. post any handgun you own other than a glawk

this is now a perfection™ thread

Attached: 1292048499.jpg (480x640, 36K)

>>Make thread only to just discuss aesthetics and quality feel built into older guns and not newer guns.

>>obsessing

Ok.

Attached: 1526925816636.jpg (203x267, 17K)

most beretta's dont make for good CC guns but
>but there has never been a really good compact or subcompact Beretta 92
uhhh...

Attached: B92FL160.jpg (1024x768, 101K)

This
I’ve owned both a 19 and a 17 and they were nothing special. They’re sold at bargain bin prices to LEOs and Military which is why they adopt them so often. And Glocks do have a reputation for malfunction, whether sperganon likes it or not, as well as the fact that they use cost cutting measures to keep them cheap, like using subpar sights, trigger and finish to keep the price low. As a consumer, your money is better spent elsewhere since just about every manufacturer offers what glock does and more.

Pic related is the glock I last owned. Got a 92 in its place lol

Attached: A2FF8E67-6069-49C9-B1E7-3C5C66277E6C.jpg (4032x3024, 1.44M)

>a S&W sigma blocks your path

Those triggers are gritty as duck, have a hard reset and heavily break, the "safety" doesnt line up with the rest of the pad meaning you have a small pivot point that can easily pull either way.

Also yeah, out of 3 mags on my gen 4 two would engage the slide catch with rounds in them.

And yes the sights suck from the factory, and even glocks upgrades suck and should have been fixed by now.

Their slide coating is great, ugly but good. Ill give them that.

Attached: 1527127834416.jpg (235x156, 10K)

This is now aesthetic gun thread.

Attached: 1861566273.800x800.jpg (800x634, 72K)

keep your rust out of here

> don’t seek nice things
> just accept things for being
> kinda ok
> doesn’t matter if you love it, you can save weight and money
> going with the safe option
> don’t worry about bored
> the gun is already more accurate than you and better

Are glockfags the actual suwiboys though?

The fuck? did you drop those on their feedlips or something? I have korean 31 rounders that are 9 years old and constantly being abused that only have plastic shaved off the top, no cracks.
Da fuqe?

by abused Im sure you mean running and gunning not just standing at a static range

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1500x843, 143K)

There is beauty to be found in its utilitarian ethos. It is quite literally the best handgun in the world for both duty and conceal carry. No other gun can match its perfect combo of weight, capacity, ease of use, ease of maintenance, reliability, price, and aftermarket accessories.

If you cannot see the forest for the trees that is on you, not the gun.

Attached: glock-g19-gen4-9mm-15-rd-glpg1950203-by-glock-176.jpg (640x427, 41K)

They're usually free dropped into dirt or gravel from various positions, yeah... wtf is a 'range'

Attached: IMAG0315.jpg (2688x1520, 1.88M)

Wait, does that magazine still work.

this is a subjective take, though. In your mind it's the pinnacle of utility, but in my mind it's make less utilitarian by having no frame safety.

But it's a ugly piece of plastic. If I wanted beauty in utilitarian ethos, I'd get a Mak. Everyone and their dog uses Glocks for sheer utility, but they simply fail to click on the aesthetic and "feel" level for many.

I know it's very good for its price, but every time I take a Glock in my hands I feel like I'm shooting a toy, not a good meaty weapon.

Tastes, I guess.

>glocks are the best handgun
>he likes doubleaction on every shot in his auto pistol
*laughs in new york level trigger pull*

For your wank bank.

Attached: 31B00701-34B5-4335-84A3-7FBDDC370996.jpg (1080x1920, 765K)

>glockfag visits nature
>sits on basedphone
what a faggot

>gen4
not even the best glock

>heh, he doesn't think Beretta makes a subcompact 92
>But they do! I'll just post this image showing a subcompact Beretta that is still larger than a Glock 19.

And you'd sacrifice capacity, ammo availability, calibre, accessories, all while gaining weight.

the American 226's are just as good. The old German ones didn't even use stainless steel. Grow the fuck up.

And?

It's not a race nor I live in a ghetto. I shoot for fun, and non-plastic guns and revolvers are faaaar more fun to shoot and to sperg with than a Glock.

Again, I can see the pros of Glocks. They simply.... feel like cheap toys.

ifshe 92fs is fucking hideous. I have no idea why so many people like it.
Polymer block guns are ugly too, but the 92f isn't any better.

He was on the phone with his pregnant wife user.
That's not even me.

Attached: 1527964437724.jpg (947x1024, 83K)

Hi. I'm a revolverfag that EDC's a G19. But I like muh Beretta too. A tool for every job bro.

Attached: 100_2232.jpg (2048x1536, 1.61M)

Is it just me or are polymer lower guns not fun to shoot? The weight is much higher than your grip, and typically much more forward. It just doesn't feel natural, like part of my job shooting is now to hold it up instead of it just sitting in my palm and pointing naturally.

M9A3 is great.

Attached: _20180510_154937.jpg (5418x3256, 2.46M)

Been eyeballing berettas recently.
Is the Wilson Combat 92 worth it? I found a decently priced one. There’s a M9A3fs that’s in the same ballpark, cost wise. The latter has that threaded barrel. Also, any significant difference between U.S. and Italian made beretta pistols?

>eyeballing berettas

Attached: Eyetalian.jpg (1280x687, 713K)

Glocks and sr9s are fine though?

Attached: 635119.jpg (3008x2000, 2.22M)

For once the USA and European ones are the same. People like to charge more for the slide that says made in Italy.

I live less than 30 minutes away from sig, and grew up with people who live there.

No no they are not. Sig in exeter produces shit with shit QC.

*who work there.

but seriously SIG USA sucks in quality, not surprising since the guy who runs the N.A. department is the same fuck who ran Kimber into shit tier ranks.

Attached: 7BB7AEA.jpg (918x919, 331K)

>Wood grips and Stainless accents
I like your style.

Attached: f8lRBqy.jpg (4032x2268, 3.39M)

but berettas suck donkey cock, get the Glock or the Sig

>shitty triggers
>wrong

go shoot a hammer fired DA/SA or SA sometime. Glock triggers are complete ass.

>Shitty sights
>yeah but easily remedied
literally every other pistol maker gives you stock sights that aren't ass

>shitty finish
>wrong
it's not shitty, but it leaves a lot to be desired. Compare it to pretty much any pre-1980s blued finish. It looks like shit.

>shitty mags
>glock magazines are very reliable

they're cheap and disposable.

>spec ops and shooting competitors are overwhelmingly using glocks
if spec ops use them, it's because some bean counter ordered a bunch. If competition shooters use them, it's only after they put hundreds of dollars into improving the sights, trigger, and modifying the shit out of it

Jow Forums usually hates the 92fs, but I haven’t heard a single negative thing about the m9a3 on here. Guys who post theirs get lots of compliments, too. Also, why wouldn’t you want something suppressor ready over basically the same gun you already have?

you're not the only one. steel feels better in the hand. I like having a little more heft and inertia when I draw. The recoil impulse feels better to me as well.

is this new pasta?

I'm sorry, but I'll never own a handgun that doesn't have a manual safety or a double action trigger pull. That just doesn't make sense to me.

But aren’t shooting competitors overwhelmingly using the cz shadow now?

Polymer doesn’t favor intricate design and even if you tried it would just look cheap and fake if

You sound like a Glock fudd. Smith & Wesson Model 10s are the best pistol ever made for the time being so deal with the fact that your favorite pistol (that you really just bought for aesthetics) is sub par. And quit whining while you're at it. The Model 10 is light, more accurate than a human can be, extremely reliable, and used by spec ops, military, and police around the world. The only reason you and the rest of you neckbeards faggots in this thread are hating on S&W is cause it doesn't look good enough for you.

And honestly for me Smith even wins in the aesthe tic department, has a suave classic look while the newer pistols just look like hunks of metal.

Brettatata

Attached: 179A17A8-F251-433F-989A-4328094D63EA.jpg (3019x3467, 1.84M)

cause the trend towards polymer

Look little faggot I will spell this out for you. It is just like the pump shotgun has never really really evolved in looks since the boss 1800s design.

It is literally designed so perfectly and works so well, there is only so much you can do with it.

ANNNND when I meant do so much with it, obviously that means it working almost all the bloody time to kill or hit whatever you are shotting, bitch nigga

>just like the pump shotgun has never really really evolved in looks since the boss 1800s design
What about this gun from Halo?

Attached: UTS-15.png (1034x482, 539K)

It's a total piece of shit in real life

You don't seem to have any idea how spec ops procurement work. They aren't given something some bean counter bought, they request their equipment.

And a bean counter has to sign off (or a like replacement) on it and still gets the final say on what gets used. I dont think you understand military procurement...

Attached: 1527622776249.jpg (640x640, 104K)

>Glock triggers are complete ass
>he can't shoot

>Shitty sights
They work. If you Need target sights, buy target sights. The USP Comes with the same Kind but nobody complains there

>Compare it to pretty much any pre-1980s blued finish. It looks like shit.
Literally who cares, at least it doesn't rust whereas blueing does. It's functional and economical

>they're cheap and disposable
As if that's a bad thing. They are also reliable and work.

>it just werks
doesn’t make it good

Name a better defensive handgun, I'll wait.

Not that guy but anything lacking a manual safety or DA can't be a perfect "defensive handgun" in my book.

I will never forgive s&w for going from this to the fucking m&p

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 193K)

The only people on Jow Forums Who hate on the 92fs are glockfags guys who used beat to shit abused m9s in military and fat fucks with sasuge fingers

>Do I buy another one in Inox, or do I get the M9A3?
If you plan putting a light on it and/or are interested in suppressors, get the A3. If not, get the Inox, because it's prettier. Seems like a no-brainer.

you could make an argument its the best double stack CC gun, but thats about it. a steel gun makes for a better defensive gun for obvious reasons

>buy one gun
>its a glock
>post in literally every handgun thread about glock® perfection™
>repeat ad nauseam, any void is always filled by new babbys first glock owners
such is life on Jow Forums

I love these things, LGS just got a bunch of trade ins priced at 400 a piece, very tempted.

My gen 4 19 has more fte's at the range then my 92fs tho.. is glock reliability a meme?

Attached: 100a8ac0184327f989f43ae656095d30.jpg (458x685, 48K)

Do it built like tanks and run like a raped ape only issue I've had was a few ftf on occasions when using aluminium cased ammo

>a steel gun makes for a better defensive gun for obvious reasons
What reason would that be? Melee weapon if you run out of ammo?

>Why are the former so go dann nice, and the later so meh.

Cause metal work is an art but you have to try to not fuck up the look of polymer because it's so shitty.

Apparently somewhere down the line we decided the five ounces you save in weight for a full size polymer pistol was well worth it over the cost of a nice aluminum frame with grip panels. Honestly it's probably just because it's cheaper to manufacture.

Oh and that striker fired is better than hammer fired DA/SA for some reason. Also probably cheaper to manufacture but I don't think it's worth it.

>inb4 getting mud or sand in hammer while you're oper8ating

Face it, we will never get another pistol design as classic and as sexy as the Beretta 92 ever again.

Black OPs are in droves adopting the HK45(c) Tactical as their sidearm

Attached: D7363E66-9600-4E6E-9EE0-E6EB8CF630D5.jpg (1000x666, 46K)

MK23, ever heard of it. It’s family is the preferred side arm for SWAT, SPEC OPs and Black Ops

Attached: 3F71B7D9-7022-4794-B544-6FF3613351BB.jpg (1200x846, 85K)

SPEC and Black Ops prefer HK weapons

New nice pistols cost money and everyone has gotten cheap as fuck. Plastic is cheap and people buy cheap shit. Manlets also avoid the extra weight of metals because they fanny pack carry. There are budget alloy frame pistols but they aren't that great.

So pistols didn't start to suck, there are just a lot more on the market and you actually have to shell out normal amounts of money to get one. Do not blame Glock for people buying $550 poly bricks and making everyone think this was normal for a "reliable" choice with no frills.

I'm contemplating selling my 92FS and using the funds toward an M9A3 in black since M9A3 prices are now down below 1k.

But yeah, if you're contemplating Inox then you like the looks I assume, or is it the fact that it's stainless and therefore more resistant to elements? If the utility of the M9A3's rail and threaded barrel are of no use to you then it would seem like the Inox is the way to go.

How many? what kind of ammo and when was the gun made? might need to go back to smyrna, or just need a lighter recoil spring. For some reason glock decided to use .40 S&W recoil springs for some of the 9mm gen 4s. Works fine with duty ammo but can cause issues with lower power range stuff.
>MFW spec ops opt for .45 stoppan powah when they actually bring a handgun on a mission that they intend to use
>MFW i have no face

Simply not true. Almost every group that used the MK23 hated it for it's retarded size and weight. It was quickly replaced by the USP tactical by almost all of it's users.
Mostly a mixture of p226s and HKs, but marsoc went with glock and glocks have been seeing increasing use with other groups as well. Not to mention foreign spec ops groups. Frankly spec ops weapons preference has followed a pretty obvious trend for the last 30-40yrs. They want the most compact and lightweight firearm that they can get with good reliability, capacity, shootability, and an acceptably potent cartridge. Most seem to lean towards 9mm doublestacks for duty use, and .45 for dedicated suppressed use. That's why they went from the mk23 to the USP 45 tac to the HK45c tac.

Mostly brass and aluminum cased federal sometimes Winchester white box or magtec doesn't seem to make a difference desu point is even my old ass s&w model 59 has less issues it's a decent gun for less then 500 I guess but the glock perfection shit is such a meme

>one gun out of 10,000,000 doesn't work right
>put zero effort into finding out why or fixing it
>"W-what a shitty brand!"

> 96 posts in this thread
> beretta 96

ifshe 92fs
> WTF

Perfection is subjective and dependant on the intended use.
Sounds like the spring on your Glock is too stiff for target loads. How many rounds have you shot through it?
Mine takes factory ammo without a problem, but once I go under 3.5 gr Titegroup or "low-recoil" 147s, I get lots of fte's as well, but that's just to be expected using weak ammo. Promise that won't happen with +p/NATO-spec ammo.

Strikers were a mistake