Is a CNC receiver the same or just as good as a milled receiver?

Is a CNC receiver the same or just as good as a milled receiver?

Attached: s-1353.jpg (300x387, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

recreatorblanks.com/online-store/-p64625177
apexgunparts.com/yugoslavian-m70ab-milled-underfolder-parts-kit-w-new-us-barrel-very-good.html
tortort.com/products/100-complete-milled-yugo-underfolder-ak-receiver
cncwarrior.com/Yugo-Pattern-Underfolder-p/23119.htm
recreatorblanks.com/online-store/Yugo-M70-M72-Annealed-p82822867
recreatorblanks.com/online-store/Yugo-Bulged-Trunnion-Receiver-063-Thickness-p84749056
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Someone who is a machinist correct me if I’m wrong but I do believe both terms are interchangeable, or at least “all CNC receivers are machined not all machined receivers are CNC’d” if it came from a reputable company that didn’t cut corners I’d trust it

CNC can also mean those plastic receivers that look like they were made from ez cheese.

There is no right answer to the question. So many variables. A CNC machine can make the results repeatable, but it doesn't guarantee that the results are good. Having a manual milling machine doesn't guarantee anything either. What are you really trying to ask?

Can I use a CNC receiver in milled parts kit?

>what are milspec?

How good is the program written for the CNC mill?

Bro, CNC recievers are milled but with a computer controlled machine instead of a bridgeport mill.

Do some basic fucking research.

I'm not sure that's a real question. Is the CNC receiver made for a milled kit?

CNC = Computer Numeric Control. Shit made with computer-controlled machinery.
Milled = it was, well, milled.

Most milling today is done with computer controlled milling machines, meaning the result is both. Neither says anything about the materials used, overall quality, or whatever really.

Hey guys I am planning on building a yugo m70AB

recreatorblanks.com/online-store/-p64625177
Will this receiver work?

Depends. Does your kit have bulged trunnions? Those need a thicker receiver. Making a kit from a 1.5mm receiver fit into a 1mm receiver can be done, but only for extreme bragging rights. If you want a project that hard, make one of those sks/fal/ak hybrids. My favorite uses part of a mosin nagant stock.

If your "yugo" is one of those more recently made "in the same factory" (the equipment went to Iraq when there was no more Yugoslavia) it could be either. If the trunnion is flat, it's 1mm. If the trunnion is bulged like a RPK trunnion, it's 1.5mm.

It is this apexgunparts.com/yugoslavian-m70ab-milled-underfolder-parts-kit-w-new-us-barrel-very-good.html

It does not have buldged truunions as far as I can tell

It does not have any trunnion. You either need a trunnion and rear tang or you need a different receiver.

tortort.com/products/100-complete-milled-yugo-underfolder-ak-receiver

cncwarrior.com/Yugo-Pattern-Underfolder-p/23119.htm

+1, machinist here listen to this goy

recreatorblanks.com/online-store/Yugo-M70-M72-Annealed-p82822867
what about this?

You'll still need a trunnion and rear tang, those won't come with a milled receiver kit. Back when those parts were easy to find, they still weren't cheap. I haven't seen them for sale in a while.

I've seen people try to make the receiver stubs into parts to replace a trunnion and rear tang but I haven't seen anyone succeed. Some people get multiple receiver stubs and they find parts that will weld together to make one milled receiver. I've seen pictures of that working out. The guy very obviously put many hours into that project.

Check the barrel dimensions. You might be able to make a frankenmutt rifle if the diameter of the barrel matches a trunnion from a different country. I recall none of the barrel components will swap out, but the complete assembly might just fit in a generic AK trunnion or something. It won't look the same but that doesn't mean it won't shoot.

Unfortunately I am not talented enough or have the time to do that. I do have the welding skill because that's how I make my sheckles.

Looks like I will have to build a yugo M72 due to receivers and parts kits being more available thanks for you all's help

Or I could build a vz58 decisions decisions

A "milled" receiver would be different if it is done by hand as opposed to on a CNC machine, otherwise they are probably essentially interchangeable.

t. A Machine Tool Tech Student

Or this could work?
recreatorblanks.com/online-store/Yugo-Bulged-Trunnion-Receiver-063-Thickness-p84749056

how are you going to will the reciever

I would depend on what he is Willing it to do wouldn't it?

CNC warrior builds for the price of my arm and leg and left nut