Would canards negatively effect radar cross section or could you build a low observable/steath fighter with canards?

Would canards negatively effect radar cross section or could you build a low observable/steath fighter with canards?

Attached: 1200px-Saab_AJS-37_Viggen_37098_52_(SE-DXN)_(9256079273).jpg (1200x800, 212K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/stream/SkunkWorksAPersonalMemoirOfMyYearsAtLockheedBenRRich/Skunk Works_ A Personal Memoir of My Years at Lockheed - Ben R Rich--_djvu.txt
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

Attached: tbDwOso.png (575x544, 23K)

Stealth canards are possible, China has mastered the art of stealth using that process. America uses a different approach, it's just that they are very narrow minded and can't think out of the box. So they always think that different = impossible.

Fuck off 50 Cent I want real answers not your gay propaganda

Its depends on what kind of material you use to build them and how you shape the cannards. If the cannards are built from composite/radar absorbing materials including paint and have allignments (Stealth allignment) that match with the airframe and wings and lock them during cruise, then their impact would be nothing to minimal.

Idealy, cannards would only be used in WVR when you are detected anyway and need the extra maneuvering.

Attached: 1509605016278.jpg (2000x950, 113K)

Not getting the answer you hope for is possible when you ask someone else, just be sure to have an open mind. You probably got your feelings hurt when you read what i wrote but you can't deny the fact that China has surpassed everyone else when it comes to stealth canards.

obvious government sponsored chinkpost is obvious

Why don't you go back to eating dogs and cheating in PUBG, Chang

I mean the gripen has a pretty low RCS compared to its counterparts, so thats your question right there.

Then again, it is also a pretty small plane in general...

>would it negatively affect stealth?
Yes.

>could you build a stealth fighter with canards?
Also yes.

Contrary to some of Jow Forums's opinions, a stealthy canard design is entirely possible. The X 36 tech demonstrator used canards. But canards do cause a lot of problems. First is that it's another moving surface that's out of alignment with the wings. Canards are always on a different pane that the wings, which means it's a surface that's angled differently from the wings which means it scatters radar waves differently.

Second is the alignment of the edges. It's difficult to align the edges of the canards and wings so they align and scatter radar the same way. The X 36 did manage to align its wings, notice how its canards and wings (and even its rear) are made of one of three angles.

Attached: McDonnell_Douglas_X-36_planform.jpg (783x600, 85K)

According to Ben Rich's book, the size of the plane doesn't matter. Two geometrically similar planes of different sizes will have similar RCS. The apparent correlation between big planes and big RCS comes from big planes having more surfaces and bits.

I read a conjection where the writer argued that the canards on the j-20 was due to gaining access to the swedish aerodynamic calculation suite Edge.

Realy? Do you have a link to said article?

Attached: 1467456676921.jpg (1600x1067, 279K)

Well, why not?

China can only copy after all! Despite the fact that the combination of aerodynamic parts of the J-20 can't be seen on other aircraft.

Wouldn't they need an RCS calculator

Bullshit

>larger plane means larger surface area

gee, i wonder what his book costs...

All glory to Hu Xin Poo

Attached: 3c556aec54.jpg (635x426, 61K)

Maybe the post got something wrong regarding to the surface-area-to-volume ratio.

Sounds unbelievable, but I'm just quoting the book. It does make some sense, if an F 35 with surface area of several square meters can have an RCS of 0.001m2, the size plays at least an insignificant role.

>But then he sent for Denys Overholser and grilled the poor guy past the point of well-done on the whys and hows of stealth technology. He told me later that he was surprised to learn that with flat surfaces the amount of radar energy returning to the sender is independent of the target's size. A small airplane, a bomber, an aircraft carrier, all with the same shape, will have identical radar cross sections.

archive.org/stream/SkunkWorksAPersonalMemoirOfMyYearsAtLockheedBenRRich/Skunk Works_ A Personal Memoir of My Years at Lockheed - Ben R Rich--_djvu.txt

It must suck being Chinese

Despite the fact they are winning?

That's wrong, actually.

macross lookin ass

What are 'they' winning? They're one dam break away from being irrelevant for another 100 years. China is the very definition of a paper tiger.

>paper tiger

Insofar as water is a major weakness, it's apt.

>China has mastered the art of stealth using that process.
They just used whatever MiG sold them.

Attached: mig_1.webm (864x486, 2.86M)

Imagine what it's like being American. We used to have badass enemies, like the Soviet Union and the Krauts. Dudes we could be proud of killing. Now the closest thing we have to a rival are these pathetic slanty-eyed bitchboys.

yes

>we

The Russians discovered the RCS of an aircraft is primarily determined by its shape instead of size. The US was also aware of this but the Russians had the mathematical model worked out first. Unfortunately their conclusion was a stealth aircraft would be aerodynamically impossible to fly because no human pilot could make micro-adjustments constantly. The essay was published and the Americans got it and thought "but of course you can fly it. You just need a computer."

Lol. A New York Stock exchange super crash perpetuated by Chinese is easier and far more believable than Americans even getting near the dam.

This mirrors the current scenario. Americans have found out that stealth canards where possible but they did not have the mathematical model to make it work. China made it possible.

No, they just added a button to lock them straight.

The US has never liked nor felt the need for canards. Has nothing to do with ability to make them work, they just choose not to. But this is the standard chink shill strategy: take something which the US explored, but chose not to develop further, which the chinks then ripped off (sometimes in a real system, usually a mockup for purely propaganda purposes) and imply the US was not technically capable of making it work while leaving all the context out.

Quality China B8
Have a (you)

>quantum canards

Attached: fast erect.gif (502x466, 162K)

Damn, that damage control

>any argument against me is damage control
Chink shill canned strategy #03

You didn't provide any arguments to argue in the first place.

It's okay, we know you have a double-digit IQ and your government doesn't pay you enough to make actual arguments. You don't have to try this hard.

Write down some arguments.

The chinks went with side-mount intakes, not chin: did they come up with stronger engines to make up for the weaker airflow?

What is it with anti china posts and the three gorges
One or two million people would be affected in a country of a billion