Anyone have the new Ruger PC9?

Anyone have the new Ruger PC9?

How is it?
Will excessive amount of assembly-disassembly cycles cause problems with the sights?
I just handled one in my LGS today. I like how it feels minus the fact the peep sight is all the way in the front, so far ahead that it seems pointless.

Attached: 100E6429-E48D-47AF-9B7C-3D7534DD85BD-660x200[1].jpg (660x200, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iC-mJrrk0s4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I know the rear sight is attached to the barrel so the gun will not lose zero every time it is reassembled.

However, guns like the Remington Model 8 had takedown barrels too and could sometimes be found with rear-mounted peep sights. What exactly is the PC9 missing that the Model 8 has?

Attached: 2629209_02_a_remington_model_8_take_down__640.jpg (640x389, 29K)

A 2 piece stock like that would work on the ruger

Attached: ADD674DE-FA82-4A94-B38D-A420F20ED3D6.jpg (670x446, 69K)

"Express sights" like on the PC9 are likely designed to be similar to modern rifle sighted shotguns(remember POLICE CARBINE). The Ruger has a rear pic rail, and you could mount a sight there surely.

Express sights like the PC9 are also something of a default for modern bolt action rifles.

The gun is a 9mm. You will not be shooting anything past 100 yards. Also 99% of peeps will only use the irons that are on the gun. I would not worry about losing accuracy overtime. Just adjust the sights as the gun gets older.

Someone posted there was a problem with the sights and take down cycles but no source. Keep in mind there aren't really any bad reviews of it yet so it's concerning.

Well the irons are on the barrel meaning they will never lose zero as it is taken off and on the receiver.

If you put a red dot on the gun. I could see losing zero over a few years or heavy uses. But you just re-zero as it wears in.

If someone is bitching about re-zeroing the rifle then they should have not gotten a take-down. It is just comes with the territory.

Should I get this or the beretta cx4?

Every video review ive seen has the gun having a failure to feed.

I owned one years ago when they first came out.
it was a meh gun in my opinion

The sights are both mounted on the same barrel, so as long as they themselves don't get busted up they should stay in perfect alignment with each other. Would be more of a problem if the rear sight is on the receiver and the front is on the barrel which is attached/removed repeatedly.

Co-witness between an optic and the irons might shift of course, but that's a different problem and a much less serious one.

ya is good grip feels like sandpaper put a silencer on it and still kinda loud wouldnt even shoot through a dead tree seems weak
don't shoot live trees

gon put a thermal sight on it maybe then it will shoot through dead tree

Attached: thermosight-pro-series.png (600x625, 154K)

The 10/22 takedown has severe barrel deflection due to the barrel lockup. Doesn't really work well with a bipod or while rested.

I assume this will have the same problem.

Flip of a coin IMO, they're both as good.

Cx4 definitely.

Sub 2k

It’s great. I don’t disassemble mine out of the stock very often. Can wipe down the bolt and clean the barrel and feed ramp easily. I don’t have a torque wrench so I don’t want to take the action out a lot.
I have a couple 1000 rounds through mine, most of it on the clock and have had zero malfunctions
The barrel lockup is much, much more beefy than a 10/22. I have a rail mounted red dot and zero hasn’t shifted.

CX4 has far better ergonomics and is better built.

I love mine. IMO, a red dot makes it much more fun.

More expensive, less practical, worse magazines.

I really want one of these, but they're difficult to find locally.

Bud's is being shit, and won't sell the 10rnd threaded version to CA. Even though that model was made specifically for the California market.

Attached: PC.jpg (478x317, 21K)

>more centered balance
>left/right neutral
Further, Beretta magazines are perfectly fine, I'd probably actually be willing to chance far more on MecGar's steel magazines than Glock's plastic magazines, even if there isn't anything wrong with Glock magazines.

Mind that I say this as a Ruger fanboy. I think the CX4 is about as good as the new PC9.

>Buds
>California

Why do you do this to yourself?

Or just stick with a Glock!

Attached: in your endo.jpg (4032x3024, 3M)

>shorter barrel
>flimsy-ass flexing stock
>no good forward point of contact
>shit feeling trigger
No thank you. I'm fine with carbines.

Stock? I see no stock.

youtube.com/watch?v=iC-mJrrk0s4

Maybe I'm a rich fag, but I'd throw an aimpoint T-2

Yeah, in California, they don't stay on the rack longer than a day.

I've been on a wait list for months now.

I have one on an AR-15, it's an excellent optic. The glass has almost no tint, and the dot is very crisp.

Where? I'm patient, I just want to get one before the state does something stupid.

I won’t consider getting one until I see the black friday prices.

I'm not the ATF, you don't have to use their jargon or logic.

oh thank god

Attached: 3F536716-BEE3-4D21-9C56-E596EB7090C5.png (500x506, 114K)

I'm not saying it's legally a stock, because it isn't, that's the ATF's opinion, and while I disagree with their logic, I'm not going to oppose it in this instance either, because it lets people circumvent the SBR stamp for like 80% of all various kinds of them. Obviously this is a good thing.

The ATF saying that pic related is a pistol, legally, is fine by me, in fact, that's great, but I will call it exactly what it actually is; a carbine.
It's short, rifled, and you can shoulder it, to me, that's a carbine, regardless of legal technicalities (even beneficial ones).
And I love that short little carbines are becoming common now again, because the NFA killed that market for decades, both stocked pistols, and genuine carbines.

What this all makes me think about is making a replacement 'furniture set' for one of those Magnum Research Lone Eagle pistols, which accepts an "arm brace", letting you have a very compact carbine that would be legal to hunt with in some states which don't allow for rifles.
The question is in which barrel lengths they're available in, and which caliber would be best suited for the package.

Attached: manticore-handguard.jpg (1233x463, 258K)

Obey the letter of the law, if not the spirit.

Attached: chargered.jpg (4032x3024, 3.9M)

Would a Suomi mag reach in deep enough in the receiver to allow feeding?

Attached: pc9.png (1000x316, 203K)

Do you mean a quad-stack mag or a drum?
The quad-stack, maybe, if you made a new magwell for it.
For the drum, again, possibly the same thing.
Mind that people have welded on 'towers' on KP/31 drums to convert them for Uzis, and this has worked fine for years (it helps that the KP/31 drum is just really good).
Assuming you know what you're doing, you could modify a drum for an extension to work for a different magwell.

For all the effort though, it's almost like you could build a 9mm blowback carbine from the ground up. Either rebuild a KP/31 parts kit, or take a Sten semi-auto build-kit and make your own magwell, barrel shroud, and wooden stock for it. It'd certainly be lighter and easier to make.

Attached: kp31_72rd_drum_9mm_luger.jpg (621x307, 136K)

This is nothing like the original version.

A new mag adapter could probably be 3D printed to test for fitting since the ones that come with the rifle appear to be held there by a special pocket in the stock, no screws, rivets, or any fasteners.

Do they make wood stocks for them? I want to get one and LARP like it's some obscure 1930s SMG

I am a bit afraid for the drums, seems like the feeding area in the PC9 is too deep

Attached: pc9ppsh.png (1000x316, 183K)