What makes slav weapons so good?

What makes slav weapons so good?

Attached: 1524698100017.jpg (924x924, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forgottenweapons.com/ak-and-stg-kissing-cousins/
youtube.com/watch?v=mWFetkAqFNs
youtube.com/watch?v=3k0N82B0n20
youtube.com/watch?v=5E4Iu85WNWE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

vatnik delusions

Taking over engineered, jamomatic expensive kraut weapons, removing useless crap, and coming out with a simple robust design.

Designed so even slavs can use them.

they can be used with even your room temperature IQ

they are simple and just work.

So they were designed by Todd Howard?

Attached: 1341353249880.jpg (1080x576, 61K)

not made by mexicans and blacks.

>vatnik delusions
Mostly this

They are masterfully designed and crafted rifles that hit hard and never quit unlike the poorly engineered jammomatic-15 that fires weak and shitty bullets made for women and twinks.

Attached: 1235616134.jpg (1080x810, 183K)

Calm down there Arkady, we don't need to fling mud just yet

Name two times this happened. All that comes to mind is the PPK/makarov (and the makarov isn't really much simpler)

Stop fucking posting please. I don't even hate slav weapons but you're so fucking autistic you're starting to make me.

unironically underfunding

Attached: maxresdefault (30000).jpg (1440x1080, 130K)

Ripping off German designs and executing them in a way that's the cheapest possible to produce/maintain that just fucking werks. They would never build something with planned obsolescence or cut corners in areas where it would hurt reliability.

Basically, Slavs are so cheap and frugal they would never build something that has an obvious possibility of breaking.

>Simple to be made and operated
>Cheap to mass produce
>Reliable and made for war and a military
>historical value
That's why
Oh, and aesthetic as fuck

the fetal alcohol syndrome and endemic AIDS causes your engineers to die young before they can successfully implement the firearms equivalent of bloatware so your guns are permanently stuck in a late beta/early release state with only the basics hammered out. slav militaries, such as they are, are just one giant kluge anyway so unrefined and primitive weapons don't seem all that out of place.

>one giant kluge
wrrraaah vere are mein supplies und bribes

Attached: Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1973-139-14,_Günther_v._Kluge.jpg (528x798, 41K)

> sturmgewehr to AK
> PPK to makarov

Done

They're designed to be idiot-proof.

So. You have never seen a slav-made car?

Same thing that most of their military tech it was build not to make profits to manufacture, but to do it's job.

also the RPG was a refined design of the Panzerfaust, but the Panzerfaust was already pretty simple and cut down to begin with.

/thread

Everyone else is stupid

Attached: 1528735502126.jpg (540x960, 156K)

two piece bolt

In a word: necessity.

Russia is in a permanent shit place when it comes to military equipment. It's an enormous country bordering many often unfriendly neighbors, so it needs a large military.
The population isn't super well educated and there isn't adequate funding to really train conscripts to operate anything complicated.
The military facilities and infrastructure to support them are primitive and very spread out, so resupply is a challenge. Maintenance needs to be minimal and service life long.
The economy is very small and inefficient, so things have to be relatively cheap.
Finally the environment itself is very adverse. Mud, dust, snow, rain. Russia has a very unforgiving climate so anything designed to be used there has to be particularly rugged to cope with the task.

As a consequence the only things that really work are the simple, cheap, rugged and inexpensive options. They are generally not as sophisticated as western equivalents, but close enough to pose a serious threat especially on defense.

A lot of the same rationale applies to their combat vehicles. The latest MIG or SU-25 is inferior to it's western counterparts under ideal conditions but if the west ever invades, those inferior aircraft will be making trouble while the fancy western stuff is grounded due to bad weather and shitty runways that it can't take off from.
Likewise an AK-74 isn't quite as combat effective as a SCAR with an ACOG or an HK416 something, but there's enough dudes competent enough using them to give any prospective invader a really hard time. Moreover if it dips down as cold as it does, all that fancy CLP will freeze but the AK will keep running.

This is the opposite of true. Slav designs focus on ease of repair, not unbreakability.

Le stg meme to ak.
Fuck off

>Although the Katyusha was very effective on the Eastern Front during World War II, the advanced state of the German rocket program amazed Russian engineers who inspected its remains at Peenemünde and Mittelwerk after the end of the war in Europe. The Americans had secretly moved most leading German scientists and 100 V-2 rockets to the United States in Operation Paperclip, but the Russian program greatly benefited from captured German records and scientists, in particular drawings obtained from the V-2 production sites.[6]:20,25,27,29–31,56
>We wuz cosmonauts n shieet
Stop being butthurt, it's no secret that Soviet wonder weapons are made by Germans.

Attached: 1528851753784.jpg (736x414, 34K)

>tfw no slav wife

Why even live?

And the picture proofs AK47 is different to STG44 in every way. It has more in common that the M1 Garand

You don't get it, right? The AK at first was a simple copy the Stg but they later used internal parts of the Federov and kept the ergonomics and visuals of the Stg.

No Kalashnikov took inspiration from the STG44. Made a couple of prototypes clearly copying it. When he learned the basics of how to cycle the gas he took a better bolt from the Garand, examined it and built a new one based off that one. The STG44 as it turns out was a horrible weapon and only once the bolt design was switched and internals changed, and when the AK47 was made it was an acceptable gun.
forgottenweapons.com/ak-and-stg-kissing-cousins/

>ak-47
no such thing

Same reason Ork guns work. They believe

there is, you sperg
it was just a low-production model due to qc problems

>oh wow guns have springs an shieeet

Attached: 1528379323813.jpg (535x800, 93K)

Ease of use, reliability and low cost.
After the war the communists designed guns for just these three core principles. Armies of the Iron Curtain only employed the most neccesary training to soldiers who were effectively cannon fodder. The average lifespan of a soviet, Hungarian, east German or Polish troop was supposed to be not longer than 5 minutes and all of them were supposed to die in nuclear fire anyway.

t. served in the Polish Army in 1985

The AK-47 was a prototype.

no, it was just a failed effort at producing a stamped gun. Other than it was adopted, issued and later replaced.

read a book fgt

StG44 - AK47
G43 - SVT 40 (not 100% sure of this one but they seem similar enough for me to have suspicions.)
These come to mind.

>The AK-47 was a prototype.
No, it wasn't.

>43 preceded SVT-40 which was based on SVT-38

I'm sorry, I love slav weapons but your statement is retarded

SVT...... 40
As in 1940. This was before even the G41, much less the G43.

Soviets descended from Ork boyz confirmed! That's why AK's do so shit in Western tests!

They are similar... Because the G3 was copied from captured SVT's!

G43

I watched a few first time shooters try to operate an AK. It was interesting that they didn't realize you have to disengage the safety to fire the weapon.

youtube.com/watch?v=mWFetkAqFNs

youtube.com/watch?v=3k0N82B0n20

youtube.com/watch?v=5E4Iu85WNWE

Not sure how that would work, as if you can rack the charging handle, the safety is by default disengaged.

Yeah, I just came back to check on the thread and I realised how big of a fuck up I made. I'm too tired to be posting shit desu. Sorry.

But that's fake, you retard.

My bad, I meant to charge the weapon. That's one thing I see in all these videos and new shooters to AK's. They never know how to disengage the safety and charge the gun. The inability to charge it with the safety on also confuses them. Additionally, they all fuck up on the magazines, they always put the bullets in backwards and never understand the rocking reload. It's interesting to see people who have never fired a gun before try to operate one, because they all tend to mess up on the same things.

They're simple as fuck, which means that even a fucking idiot like me can pick one up and use it. Doubly so when you shove it into the hands of a bunch of conscripts.

>put the bullets in backwards
How? Pointy part goes forward, flatter part goes backward. I could maybe understand shells but bullets?

Dunno man. It clearly happens.

Attached: HK.jpg (700x525, 61K)

No one cares

Attached: House Office.png (399x382, 89K)

Because Russian weapons designers understood that just because a prototype works under laboratory conditions doesn't mean it will work after being dragged through the mud for 16 hours by some half starved, sleep deprived conscript. Yes I'm looking at you Robert McNamara, and your wiz kids too.

They're simple, have a low amount of moving parts and work well