Wheelguns are a manlets best friend

Discuss all things cylindrical and shooty.

old thread:

Attached: OMGBecky.jpg (3648x2736, 2.57M)

Other urls found in this thread:

budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/23980
grabagun.com/smith-and-wesson-66-2-75-357mag-6rd-sts-as-rbr.html
simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Chesty-Puller-Suspension-System.cfm?item_id=160&parent=672
simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Little-Buckaroo-cap-gun-kid-rig.cfm?item_id=386
parts.bowenclassicarms.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2
hooktube.com/watch?v=27wDLjY5JSs
pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?7708-Dry-Practice-Misconceptions-Updated-12-04-16
crimsontrace.com/products/type/lasergrips
altamontco.com/pistol-grips/smith-and-wesson/k-square/
brownells.com/handgun-parts/grip-parts/grips/k-l-frame-square-checkered-grips-sku940001075-104162-200850.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=oZaxay1eXks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's a big gun!

Where can I get a holster like that for my Mark 23?

stale af

Your local fud

Attached: 20140418_065208.jpg (3264x2448, 2.83M)

For you.

Attached: ruger454.jpg (1200x932, 562K)

What's with the safety flag?

I have such a super boner for the 66 Combat Magnum 3 inch but it's damn near $900 and I'm a poorfag so I'll probably buy a taurus.
Weep with me, wheel gun thread.

Attached: Smith-Wesson-Model-66-8-.357-revolver-courtesy-thetruthaboutguns.com_-600x435.jpg (600x435, 73K)

Just save up. You'll never be satisfied with the Taurus.

My dads beats the ever living fuck out of his S&W 60-4 3 inch. He bought it in the 80s as a reliable beater, but now theyre worth a pretty penny and he still doesnt take any care of it. Kills my soul, its a perfect gun

Buy a used model 10 instead. Much better poorfag wheelgun. Should be around $250-300

Love my Taurus. Their Autos suck a massive dick but their revolvers ae bulletproof and really good. Haven't had anyone who has told me they hated their Taurus. Most infact say they didn't expect the quality they got for the price.

>Haven't had anyone who has told me they hated their Taurus.
First gun I ever shot was a Taurus revolver. After a few rounds the cylinder kept binding up and wouldn't fire or open.

Brand new? Or used and abused? Their are definitely Lemons out there but I have yet to run into one myself

>Haven't had anyone who has told me they hated their Taurus. Most infact say they didn't expect the quality they got for the price.
Yes, guns like Tauruses and Hi-Points are often the subject of "just as good as" and "better than I expected"ing.
I'd still rather have a Smith & Wesson or a Glock, even a new one.

>but it's damn near $900
dude what
budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/23980
manufacturers can suggest whatever retail price they want, but that doesn't mean anybody's gonna pay it

Attached: 66-275ls.jpg (900x675, 102K)

$730
nigga I've owned cars cheaper.

Attached: cool starry bra.jpg (600x440, 55K)

grabagun.com/smith-and-wesson-66-2-75-357mag-6rd-sts-as-rbr.html
Even cheaper, $711 shipped with no CC fee.

gun.deals is amazing.

There's an MSRP, Mfr Suggested Retail Price, but also a MAP, Mfr Allowed Price. That is the lowest price allowed by a retailer to sell a product. My gunshop buddy showed me that.

That doesn't mean it's an expensive gun that just means you're an ultra-poorfag. Even on welfare you should be able to save up $730.

*Minimum Advertised Price
and S&W either doesn't do MAP or their MAPs are so low that no sane distributor has any reason to worry about them

Yea that's it, thanks pal.

get this hothead out of here

I bought a Colt Agent for my alt CC. How did I do? $500 on GB.

Attached: 725DFB68-17C5-430E-A98A-8738D707BA5A.jpg (3456x4608, 3.97M)

I can't wait till I move back, fuck my nogunz havin ass with a rake

Attached: Screenmemo_2018-06-21-14-17-50.png (1061x988, 101K)

where do you live now?

How durable is that bead-blasted stainless finish Smith and Taurus use?

I admit that I have a Taurus 85 and an old 82 from the early 80's that I both bought on a whim. They're pretty solid guns, but I wouldn't recommend either over a Smith or a Ruger.

A new 82 is actually more expensive than just getting a used Model 10, the gun it's a clone of. And the 85, while being slightly more accurate than a 642/442, shoots pretty much the same; you just get less felt recoil. If I'm going to get an all-steel snub, it needs to have a noticeable difference in shooting compared to a standard S&W Airweight; the Ruger SP101 does this.

Can't say much about Taurus because I'm not retarded enough to own one.

The Smith bead-blast is light as fuck and not even remotely protective. You could scrape it off on just about anything.

Buy one of their pancake holsters and then get this...

simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Chesty-Puller-Suspension-System.cfm?item_id=160&parent=672

All nu-smith finishes suck balls. Your best bet with their matte stainless guns is either to pay to have it done right or say fuck it and polish it shiny.

Should I get a Magnum Research BFR in .45-70 or .50 Beowulf? The intention is to turn it into a Ranger Sequoia from New Vegas (in like 5 years after I save up the money).

The .45-70 is game accurate and I can get a matched lever gun with it. However, I'm also thinking about building a Survivalist's Rifle and was wondering whether to have the revolver match that instead. Hell there's a small part of me that wants to get in .500 S&W/Automax because why not.

Attached: 271ab7e2513aff4de43eda3ad59ccaa3.jpg (1021x406, 48K)

Since it's for a LARP and not anything practical get whatever the fuck cranks your tractor user. No one can tell you what gets your dick hard but you.

simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Little-Buckaroo-cap-gun-kid-rig.cfm?item_id=386

What's it an alternative to?

Would getting a nu-Smith revolver cerakoted be a good idea then?

Like I said previously my choices with a stainless gun would be to pay for a proper bead blast finish or to polish the gun to a high shine.

Why does every douche under 30 wear those shorts now?

45-70 or 50 s&w mag is the reason I dont have one. I cant decide, so I sit on it and buy something else.

Obviously 45-70 because that's what rangers in new vegas use. It essentially useless so just go for meme value.

Planning on getting a Taurus model 66 soon. Anybody have any experience with them?

Attached: QCisOverrated.jpg (960x720, 130K)

I LOVE this gun. Got it in 45-70. I had my doubts, but holy cow this thing is fun. It is super fun to shoot, the design and weight make it so that it really doesn't hurt unless you go through a whole cylinder of super hot stuff, and even then it wasen't bad at all. I picked up some cheap black-powder equivalent loads, around 2000ft-lb of energy, very fun to plink with and still super powerful, they destroy everything they hit. I also pinked up some of the Underwood Xtreme Penetrators +P. Which advertised over 3700ft-lb of energy. Granted all those measurements are for a longer barrel, but holy shit it packed a punch. It was blowing holes through fat chunks of steel that was brushing off 30-30, 357 mag. Everything I shot with it blew up, it went through multiple tree trunks. So much fun, and definitely not useless, you should be able to hunt anything in North America with that gun. Ammo is fucking expensive though. I love the Underwood stuff, but it is almost 4 bucks a round...

booring!

Attached: Worth It.jpg (500x375, 33K)

Anyone else hate adjustable sights on revolvers? I wish I could get rid of the ones on my GP100.

Attached: Ruger_GP100_.357_Stainless.jpg (2048x1365, 203K)

nice trap legs faggot

Why would I hate adjustable sights? With them I can adjust to my preferred load. Without them either I find a load that shoots to point of aim or I have to learn a hold.

I'm sure any competent gunsmith could dovetail the topstrap for a 1911 or Glock rear sight and install one of the correct height for your preferred load if you really wanted him to.
But why?

Why? I love adjustable sights. I want the gun to shoot where I aim.

I don't like sights that can snag, and they feel flimsy. I also don't like the idea of the sight potentially getting knocked out of alignment and fucking with my zero.

Fixed sights aren't perfect, but there's no chance of snag, and they can't be knocked out of alignment. I mainly shoot 158gr out of my .38/.357 guns too, so getting them to hit POA isn't an issue for me.

So it's not that you don't like adjustable sights it's just that you think the Ruger factory sight is shitty? Or it's impossible to make an adjustable sight that isn't shitty?

Check this out:

parts.bowenclassicarms.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

Attached: wtf-557508.jpg (640x486, 44K)

>If I'm going to get an all-steel snub, it needs to have a noticeable difference in shooting compared to a standard S&W Airweight; the Ruger SP101 does this.
Check out the Carbon Steel Smith and Wesson Model 49. The shrouded hammer lets you get an incredibly high grip which IMO gives it less felt recoil than even my SP101

He’s a manlet

Attached: 970BF35B-7531-488F-A388-5BFFE184E24F.jpg (4032x3024, 3.13M)

Attached: Clements Custom .480 Ruger.jpg (914x464, 69K)

So looking at the new Cobra got me thinking

The main appeal of this kind of revolver for carry is the six-shot cylinder...but does having one extra round really make a difference in a carry wheelgun??

What do you guys think?

In principle, the Venn diagram of "people who carry revolvers" and "people who get really worked up about ammo capacity" should be two circles that are as far away from each other as possible, but apparently there's way more overlap than you'd expect.

Attached: my brands.jpg (1024x768, 153K)

If I needed a smol wheelgun and cared deeply about having 6 shots, I'd rather track down a S&W 632 than tolerate the added bulk, no matter how slight, of a 6-shot .38 like a Cobra or a K6S.

Attached: 719015332_1.jpg (1000x663, 69K)

>does having one extra round really make a difference in a carry wheelgun
If you're getting mugged by six dudes, I guess, but you could make that argument about any gun of any capacity and end up carrying a Five-seveN with a homemade 100-round extendo clip.

any thoughts on the S&W M627? im thinking about getting one, the M327 also interests me I just wish it wasn't so ugly.

Attached: m627.jpg (1023x681, 302K)

I'd personally lean toward the 4" so I wouldn't have to deal with borderline J-frame ballistics in a 38 oz. gun, but 2-5/8" is still pretty reasonable if your intended carry mode rules out a longer barrel.

Attached: BW-M627-5.jpg (853x361, 41K)

M627 with 5" bbl. Otherwise you might as well carry a single stack poly 9 for all the good the extra 100-200fps will get you over +p+ loads. OTOH you can expect around 1650 fps with 125gr loads out of the 5" bbl.
>t. 5" 686 + owner and occasional carrier

hooktube.com/watch?v=27wDLjY5JSs

>using hooktube on a Paul Harrel video
come on man

I cant hit shit with my snub nose, help me

also, my range is retarded and makes the targets be 20 yards away, but I should still be able to hit that some of the time

Attached: 1472672786192.jpg (650x699, 86K)

Attached: 20180621_181202.jpg (1032x581, 155K)

dry fire more and better
pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?7708-Dry-Practice-Misconceptions-Updated-12-04-16
get a laser grip so you can see yourself fuck up your trigger control in real time
crimsontrace.com/products/type/lasergrips

Security Six. My niggah.

Yep, that sure is a revolver.
How do you like those magna grips?

>Security Six
uh

They aren't nearly as ergonomic as the Pacs that came with it but they just look sooo good.

Picked up the gun for 500. 1994 19-7.

>but they just look sooo good.
They certainly do.
Maybe some repro Cokes would be more functional while still looking good?
altamontco.com/pistol-grips/smith-and-wesson/k-square/

Attached: SKS-CB11-CK-M03B.jpg.png (800x600, 798K)

When did SW stop putting diamonds on their K-frame target grips? I bought one from this link earlier this year and it had a diamond on it, but the link shows the grips without the diamond.

brownells.com/handgun-parts/grip-parts/grips/k-l-frame-square-checkered-grips-sku940001075-104162-200850.aspx

Wikipedia says the diamond-insert grips were deleted in 1968 on the 19-3.

That's weird, bought a brand new pair of them from that brownells link and they still have them

>Can't say much about Taurus because I'm not retarded enough to own one.

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 41K)

Am I retarded? Sorry bro.

Attached: free shrugs.jpg (500x715, 100K)

youtube.com/watch?v=oZaxay1eXks

>does having one extra round really make a difference
Depends on how many rounds you have on tap in the first place. the difference between a 12 and 13 rnd mag or a 15 and 16rnd mag is miniscule. we're talking about a 6-8% increase at this point. OTOH as capacity decreases the value of "just one more round" increases both mathematically and more importantly functionally. A 6 shot revolver has 20% more rounds than a 5 shot. Perhaps more importantly if you do find yourself in one of those very rare bad defensive encounters, where somebody just really doesn't want to go down, after you put a few rounds into a guy's chest and he's still shoooting with one gun you'll have 2 chances to fix that while with the other you'll have 3 or maybe even 4. The difference between a 5 shot .357 or .38 and a 7 shot is massive, while with the 6 shot it's merely large.

Personally im ok with 7-8rnds on tap, but prefer 10-13 just in case. Although i certainly compromise on that sometimes, any gun is better than no gun by a margin much larger than an extra round or two in any circumstance.
Security six is gud
Taurus a shit, although their revolvers and faux 92 line isnt AS bad.

>Security six is gud
Factual, but the revolver in is very obviously some sort of S&W gun (a 19, as it turns out) and not a Ruger.
Some details to note include the trademark info under the cylinder, the sideplate construction, the shape of the hammer, and the S&W medallions on the stocks.

Attached: securitysix.jpg (745x530, 28K)

Maybe use some paint to make the sights more usable.

Attached: model-64-sights.jpg (978x450, 129K)

Yeah learn to shoot

Or you just get a semi automatic like a Glock 17, throw magazine extensions on there, and you now have a 22+1 pistol.

lol gay

whats wrong can't handle a semi auto?

>probably buy a taurus
Dear God no, just don't.

>the incorrigible glockfag
But user, when would you ever need 23 rounds on tap when you could just use a revolver with superior stopping power and reliability to put down an attacker in one or at most two rounds? What's a grand jury going to think when you come before them as a mad man with laughner style assault clips who was clearly looking for trouble instead of a reasonable law abiding man with a six gun that he keeps for last ditch self defense when running away just doesn't cut it?

What good is your 6 shot revolver going to do when you're in your Walmart and 2 people walk in with AK47s or a similar type firearm. You're screwed unless you have some spreed loaders. Also I've already been to court once for it, because some dumb fuck decided to pull a hockey stick on me in traffic, all the cops asked was where they could get the extensions lol

>What good is your 6 shot revolver going to do when you're in your Walmart and 2 people walk in with AK47s or a similar type firearm.
As good as a glock? AKA getting you killed unless you're jerry miculek on a good day. Having stendos ain't gonna mean shit in a situation like that, training, luck, and attitude will decide the situation 9.9/10 times.

Turning 21 soon, so i'm going to be buying my first pistol.

I really like the idea of a 5-shot compact .357 revolver, like an SP101. It's mechanically simple, reliable, and safe, but I'm having second thoughts after watching liveleak videos of defense shootings where the defender unloads an entire magazine into a fucker and the guy still manages to run away for a couple seconds before collapsing into a pool of his own blood.
Is 5 shots enough? I know shot placement is key, but the idea of it not being enough scares the shit out of me.

"Stopping power" lmfao

Stopping power is a myth, its all about velocity and shot placement. Modern hollow points help too

Always liked my taurus m85

Give me ONE good reason I shouldn't buy a Ruger SP101 with a 3" barrel

I just got a Model 85 Taurus. Used for 150€. It has been shot probably not more than 1500 rounds. All stainless steel. Why does everyone shit on these guns? Seems like a very good option for just about everything, and build quality is not as bad as people write about!

I know that feel. Everyone tells me how the Glock 26 is such a good gun. But at 25m i can barely hit a torso size target while taking my time! How can I be so bad at shooting? Fuck!