USSR Propositioned nuclear weapons and arms caches in US and Western Europe

Discussion of Soviet/ Russian stay- behind arms and nuclear weapons in North American and European countries.

Attached: Map.jpg (634x615, 205K)

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.latimes.com/2000/jan/25/local/me-57346
nationalpost.com/news/booby-trapped-russian-cold-war-weapons-caches-are-likely-still-hidden-throughout-britain-historian-says
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio
crimesofempire.com/2015/04/19/nuclear-bombshell-stunning-radiation-spike-allegedly-detected-at-israeli-ny-consulate/
theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/04/reviewing-mad-men-world-someone-who-was-there/329554/)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In the U.S.?

Neat. Where pay tell, would said caches be? For "research purposes" of course.

Would be difficult to maintain the vaults generation to generation. You'd need battalion sized units to maintain, redeploy, and secure the weapons. It would be very difficult administratively to allow foreign intelligence units to possess the weapons without direct military command oversight.

Never heard nukes being stashed on CONUS. Lots of people have come forward over the years claiming to be sleeper agents said to be told to sabotage power lines or public utility.

I recall in 1992 some old Ukranian guy in Edmonton, Alberta coming forward and asking the police to take the 300 kg bomb he had in his basement meant for powerlines and railway bridges. He'd been holding onto it since the 1950's. He was to monitor a particular shorteave frequency for The Call.

if you watch countdown to zero they do a pretty good run down on the dozen or so reported and verified cases of enriched uranium trade. the grocery list of building a weapon on enemy territory only runs a couple hundred thousand dollars the only real difficulty being the yellow cake.
so instead of actual ready made nuclear bombs there are probably caches of enriched uranium near most major cities. that is if we are to believe in the all out theory of mutually assured destruction and willingness of execution.

Highly interested in this thread. Keep going y'all

Perhaps this might be interesting although it aint USSR-related.

W-Germany hat lots and lots of bridges, roads etc. prepared for blowup. And here it comes: all the necessary explosives were kept ready at max a few klicks away. In pic related. These bunkers were unguarded and contained up to several hundred kilos of high explosives.

No break ins were ever reported though - the doors were a three stage system and about as strong as a bank vault's door.

Attached: pispmh-modell.jpg (600x411, 57K)

That is interesting. You would think someone like the Baader-Meinhof Gang would want to get them over the years.

Still waiting to hear about these arms caches in the U.S....

they cache arms in western Europe today, typically along coast lines but they also organize inland dump infrastructure to move them too. More to supply to extremist leftist and rightist parties than anyone else. They use 'cultural clubs' attached and funded by Russian embassies as cover.

articles.latimes.com/2000/jan/25/local/me-57346
As far as we know none have been found. It is also possible that such caches never existed. But with caches being found in Western Europe it is not outside the realm of possibility that they exist in CONUS.

No shit, I would sent Putin a fucking Christmas card if I found one of these gun caches in the U.S. .
"Dear Vlad, thanks much for the cases of second gen AK's and SKS's. The RPG's were a bit much, but they are fun to use on carp. Also, can you send more ammo for the PKM's? Thanks!".

It'd be one of those really high class cards mind you, with the frosty shit and sparkles. I am a classy motherfucker you know.

those amateurs couldn't rob a 7/11

Yeah totally. But then: The inner (third) door alone was like 30 centimeters thick. Also these were army property and got checked once a week.

I guess inherent security, combined with the fact that they didnt announce the location were a major factor

Makes a lot of sense.

Do you know of any good documentaries about real spys and deep cover agents during the cold war? It'd be really interesting to watch something about when the real occurrences of it are compared to the sheer 40 years of paranoia the public at large had

99.9% of the stuff is still either Top Secret or the respecitve governments (looking atcha, Russia) deny knowledge.

Especially when it comes to those sleepers you wont find any non-fictional stuff out there - aside from those already well known cases like Philby etc.

But then again: go watch The Americans. I once read or saw (so no source, sorry) an interview with some so-called ex KGB dude who said that the show was remarkably realistic without disclosing further details of course...

bumping for interest

*Prepositioned

What are the chances that some big weapons cache (maybe with some nukes) have been totally forgotten and abandoned?

EODfag
The weapon caches found in W.Europe were all boobytrapped, both the KGB and CIA didn't want amateurs messing with their toys.
That usually how the cops found them, apart from tips from defectors, they just followed the noise and bodyparts of the hikers hunters etc who found them first.
>be careful
nationalpost.com/news/booby-trapped-russian-cold-war-weapons-caches-are-likely-still-hidden-throughout-britain-historian-says

When youre talking about "big" as in
>ATGMs, half a ton of Semtex, AKs, RPGs and a couple of thousand rounds
then, at least in Europe, its highly possible - on both sides of the ex-iron-curtain
So many countries, so many letter-agencies, so many people supposed to stay behind whos only traces were in some long forgotten or destroyed ring binder.

But nooks? Nah. Thats (hopefully) too big. Considering that it wouldnt have been the job of some low paygrade field-agent to order the installation of a nuke-cache but seriously high ranking dudes, I guess its a hoax.

Fuck, used to stay not so far away from Bracciano during my summer times.

Fucking quitter.

I get a hardon thinking about how there might be a secret cache right under my nose.

Attached: prm4150_mvd_full.jpg (1280x857, 305K)

Not just Soviets but CIA niggers as well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Gladio

>After World War II, the UK and the US decided to create "stay-behind" paramilitary organizations, with the official aim of countering a possible Soviet invasion through sabotage and guerrilla warfare behind enemy lines. Arms caches were hidden, escape routes prepared, and loyal members recruited, whether in Italy or in other European countries. Its clandestine "cells" were to stay behind in enemy-controlled territory and to act as resistance movements, conducting sabotage, guerrilla warfare and assassinations.

NUCLEAR BOMBSHELL! “Stunning” Radiation Spike Allegedly Detected at Israeli NY Consulate.

crimesofempire.com/2015/04/19/nuclear-bombshell-stunning-radiation-spike-allegedly-detected-at-israeli-ny-consulate/

Attached: 1495088953778.png (358x318, 62K)

Nukes have a shelf life. Any nuclear weapons stashed during the cold war are now depleted to the point of being non-functional. They would still contain highly radioactive material and conventional high explosives so could be made into a "dirty" bomb. Or several of them might conceivable yield a critical mass of material to someone who had the equipment and knowledge to do the enriching so a new bomb could be made. But nobody is going to stumble on and detonate a forgotten nuke from the cold war.

yer the USSR and US had secret storage in enemy areas. I bet you the USSR had them all over the US but I wouldn't be surprised if they have since told the US where they are.

Philip K Dick's Scanner Darkly actually has relevant information although obviously it's about a narcotics cop spy, it talks about communicating over unencrypted radio and the psychological strain.

The Americans is trash. They frequently do the opposite of what they would. It's of a piece with Mad Men, which has no historical accuracy at all and is meant (the creator admits in interviews) to rewrite history, blinding ignorant audiences with style.

>Discussion of Soviet/ Russian stay- behind arms and nuclear weapons in North American and European countries.
aka Neocon jew fantasies and tall stories to scare idiot goyim with.

thanks, best ally.

The maker of The Americans is ex CIA so where, Mr super spy, do you see its wrong? C'mon, enlighten us

>Creator of show B admits it ain't historically correct
>Same must go for show A because I say so although not a single person from show B had anything to do with show A

Also: have you ever watched mad Men? Where, aside from costumes, is it possible to rewrite history there? Aside from the Cuban missile crisis and other major events there are no mentions of real history at all.

you know it's all crazy people in America that do it.

>Mad Men, which has no historical accuracy at all
Dude...

Mad Men had mostly indoor shots. That alone eliminates most historically incorrect problems from modern buildings in the background (cellphone antennas on roofs are a major problem here)

Then they had the biggest costume department of all contemporary shows with people who did nothing else but reading old fashion magazines, catalogs of that era.

In fact, Mad Men was so accurate even people "who were there back then" said there were only minor mistakes (theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2012/04/reviewing-mad-men-world-someone-who-was-there/329554/)

You're just pulling things outta your ass buddy. And here it comes: Joe Weisberg, creator of The Americans, was a CIA officer. So please tell us again that the show is/was so trashy.

Attached: fqtfk.jpg (409x393, 18K)