So lm confused. Is 10mm in the fallout universe the same as actual 10mm or is it the fallout equivalent to 9mm?

So lm confused. Is 10mm in the fallout universe the same as actual 10mm or is it the fallout equivalent to 9mm?

Attached: 15233-1-1288715170.jpg (603x377, 35K)

10mm

Fallout 10mm is to 10mm what .380 is to 9mm

.40SW

So its 9mm?

So you're telling me that Fallout 10mm is short and wimpy? grrrr

>cupping

Given how fucking pisspoor the performance is, I'm assuming it's actually .40S&W, and that the gun is retardedly overbuilt for no good reason.

They also have 9mm sooo.....

Attached: 1474869721985.jpg (540x663, 29K)

Its a 10mm, the round sizes match their real world counterparts. Just for balance reasons its underpowered compared to a real world 10mm handgun. The game has a 9mm handgun that takes 9mm ammunition just the same

It's probably the fallout version of a high point.

Huge, durable, heavy.

>ywn wander a post atomic wasteland
>the world will never have a nuclear war
>ywn get to experience pure anarchy and explore the ruins of civilization
>ywn get to see how well your firearms perform in real combat

Attached: 1523568947846.jpg (650x793, 38K)

I'm fine with not getting eaten by centaurs.

Attached: CentaurEvolved.png (488x480, 192K)

It's probably the same caliber. All guns perform worse than their real-life counterparts, it's a RPG.

Dunno, but given how 45 ACP does the same damage as 5.56 in this game I wouldn’t put too much thought into it.

>ywn run from Moe only to stumble on some xenophobic nuts in power armor

Attached: D8CF8EFBD3014B00927D7CCE841399E7.png (587x634, 263K)

>>ywn get to see how well your firearms perform in real combat
No, more like well your body and mind performs in real combat. Guns are only as good as they are cleaned and practiced with.

>I don't understand how RPGs work

>that the gun is retardedly overbuilt for no good reason.
As are most Fallout guns.

Attached: 90658785634628.png (2950x900, 1.23M)

Been a couple years since I read the backstory but they developed 10mm acp for the military to standardize the ammo in FO universe during the sino-amer war and the 10mm pistol. vault-tec filled a couple of vaults with them for security.

Unarmed weapons are funner anyway tho unless you run into some cazadores.

Checkout Africa. literally dozens of ongoing conflicts that the first-world doesn't concern themselves with.

Attached: 1526100279563.jpg (480x270, 36K)

Who gives a shit..? it's fictional bullshit OP is a faggot, OPs Dad is a faggot, OPs dog is a faggot. Kill yourself.sage.

S T O P P A N
O
W
A
H

This is like telling people who take a luxury RV camping so that they can avoid nature on the trip.

Everyone who plays fallout would literally hate living in Africa because they don't even remember how many times they died to that one guy and had to save scum their way to victory.

Attached: 4b31adb6143c15f0cf1d5cc05ee08b00.jpg (500x421, 21K)

> You will never get a crime noir fallout where you must solve crimes that occasionally devolve into extremely lethal and stressful shoot outs with only your wits and your trusty 10mm pistol to see you through.

I would also except one set in Shadowrun, except I know they'd obviously go with the Predator and not the Guardian, and that I cannot abide.

Attached: FNV_10mm_Overview_Page.png (318x253, 48K)

You act like Lord of War wasn't just a wish fufillment black comedy.

Looks like Hudson made a Desert Eagle "clone"

I'm waiting patiently for shit in SA to fall apart

It's cheaper to fly there than you boys would think, and slotting floppies can be a profitable business

If you're gonna go crime noir and 10mm, why not just go for a Colt Delta Elite or something?
Compared to the Fallout 3 monstrosity, it has a minimalist charm that's hard to dislike.

Attached: Colt Delta Elite, 10x25mm Auto.jpg (640x387, 48K)

That would essentially be Judge Dredd the game.

Honestly, they would die in a SHTF scenario regardless.

I'd buy it.

>This desert eagle sized hunk of shit with two rails and some gas cylinder is slightly stronger than the webley scott break action you took off a raider corpse
it's spare parts for whatever weapons mod you installed.

>If you're gonna go crime noir and 10mm, why not just go for a Colt Delta Elite
Fiat off, let me just sat that is a very sweet looking pistol. Anyway, ya'll motherfuckers need your memories checked. Ser pic related.

Your hair and wardrobe will never look this good.

Attached: Sonny-and-his-Bren-Ten.jpg (800x600, 62K)

See, the Bren Ten is nice on paper, but in practice, it isn't, because the magazines didn't fucking work.

Thus, the Delta Elite I think is a decent substitute.
There's also the Smith & Wesson 1006

Attached: S&W 1006 10x25mm Auto.jpg (650x418, 30K)

My God. I could make black walnut grips for that and it would be so ridiculously oversexed.

the 10mm in fallout 3 could fucking blow peoples heads off wtf did todd mean by this

PPsh, heck of a shotgun

10mm is 10mm, the main problem is that Fallout is an RPG and not a realistic shooter so the damage model has to be really fucking low on just about everything to make the game even remotely function since Bethesda AI is absolute shit and doesn't take cover or use any kind of flank maneuvers

a left over from the previous fallouts i'm sure

or maybe people in the post apocalypse load their 10mm to nuclear weapon levels of hot

Delta elite has reliability issues, and the 2017 "redesign" didn't fix them.

If your looking for a 10mm 1911, Dan wesson razorback or bruin are much better choices.

vidya game designers are 99% of the time gunlets

You can polish up those old things, too.
Pic related is a 4506 model (.45ACP, of course), with a lot of shine to it.

I have heard this and that about them. Some say that they don't have enough chamber support, but then others say that they do.
Lots of things like that.

The one thing I've heard is Ian mentioning that some people have ruined theirs trying to hotrod 10mm Auto to some sort of handcannon, which I could see, as this is effectively a .45ACP pistol converted to 10mm.
A Dan Wesson 10mm would be fucking sex though.

Attached: 5221964_01_custom_s_w_4506_1_45acp_640.jpg (640x631, 53K)

Yet it did piddling fucking damage.
You could shoot someone with a .32 S&W revolver and their head would kind of just fall off, as if it was attached with chewed gum.

Open bolt, piston assisted drum mag. There, forever done.

the shit part was the fact the chinese pistol did the least amount of dmg to other 10mm weapons, looked fuckin cool though

That got on my balls something bad, I think I did more damage with the BB gun.

In fallout 3 was made by Bethesda. and made a lot of guns with many similarities if not direct copies/ analogs to modern weapons and calibers. The 10mms prevelance in fallout 3 would imply it’s the industry standard in semi automatic handguns or just a super popular choice. Or possibly just a larger focus on other aspects of the game.

Fallout new Vegas was made by obsidian and featured most of the original weapons and then some. Most of which also irl counterparts. They also added a much larger variety of firearms to fallout. Including a 9mm. Meaning they are two different and distinct calibers in the fallout universe. Instead of the fallout 3 10mm just being a mistake with taking the place of the 9mm( As in they meant 9mm where the 10mm was) That would imply that the 10mm was a intentional choice in its prevelance(in the east coast at least). In the west the 9mm was more common. It could have been becuase of the developer wanting to push the 9mm becuase it is different and to promote weapon variety. Or a in universe explanation could come from the commonwealth system and there own preferences in weapons.

It might also be becuase of the need for a more powerful round to be issued due to advances in armor and personal protection. And as we all know, 10mm stronk.

So in conclusion I believe that the 10mm isn’t just a in game 9mm analog and is a analog to its irl counterpart.

When the first game was made 10 mm was the meme caliber at the time. The initial developer didn't know a ton about guns so he made the 10 mm the starter pistol and he made it no do that much damage. They've just kept it in ever since.

> YFW someone pulls out a 1006 at the range with illegally felled mahogony grips, mirror finish, and a cursive acid engraving of "Big Iron" on each side.

Attached: Z1g7Vvt.gif (342x411, 3.93M)

BIG IRON
BIG IRON

The 10mm pistol is bulky and ugly as fuck.
Give me that sweet Hi-Power any day of the week though.

this is 10mm as seen in the game. it's the same as actual 10mm.

Attached: 200[1].png (200x200, 17K)

>10mm is .40 S&W
>9mm is .380
>.45 Auto is .45 Super
>.357 magnum is .38 +P

The rest behave as expected

>I never did any guns/Agility builds
I bet you didn't even dump points into repair either

The 10mm was in Fallout long before Bethesda. BIS probably just thought it sounded cool.

going without repair or speech and taking barter instead can be fun. Barter has the second most dialogue options and you can cheaply repair your gear.

Fallout 76 !

wddayall think about this ?

graphics look good

god damn inbred hickville deliverence tier theme song can eat shit though

god damn you bethesda faggots are retards

Have you considered Cyberpunk 2077? When it comes out at least.

2077 is going to be the first day one buy in a long time for me.

fucking mg42's everywhere for some reason

That's a beautiful fucking rendition of a classic song. Neck yourself.

All that aside, game looks awful.

Fuck no.

Depending on where you go in those hot zones, you'll get wasted for not being African.

It still doesn't make sense. There's no fucking room for a bolt. Look at where the ejection port is.

>hes got a real purdy mouth
>lemme hear ya squeel like a pig
> - t. inbred hillbilly

kys weirdo

Must be remington ammo.

Why can I unload a full mag worth of bullets into someone and it doesn't stop them?

Attached: 9mm Pistol.png (1650x1100, 863K)

>I'm waiting patiently for shit in SA to fall apart
it won't

switch ammo type

Guns-100
Agility-10
+P ammo

Attached: titleimage_by_dragbody-dbitvrm.jpg (821x973, 179K)

so its .40

jfc why is bethesda so inept when it comes to facial design

I blame consoles, the PS3 could barely run 3 and NV and almost died with Skyrim

Attached: 1514969436664.jpg (2233x1687, 875K)

>xenophobic
With good reason

>>bethesda
>>made by obsidian

>t. Faggot whose ancestors arrived in america post 1840 from some armpit in europe

Not in their scenario it's not. With population levels being what they are in Fallout, genetic diversity is going to be an issue for even welcoming settlements.

Everyone is fine but Veronica. Jesus Christ that Waifu bait.

jesus christ how retarded are these artists

>Jesus Christ that Waifu bait.

Attached: veronica_santangelo_by_dragbody-dbv8zus.jpg (1024x1311, 112K)

>Developed by Obsidian using Bethesda's in-house engine and assets
>Published by Bethesda

You're overthinking things.

Bethesda doesn't know shit about firearms and they don't care to learn.

Fallout 4 proved that.

Gaymers in general know shit about firearms.

Just look at Half Life.

Who cares? Its a fucking VIDEOGAME and doesn't belong on this board, shithead.

Summer
Gamers
fuck off

Good, I'm glad. Anyone who wishes for these things is a delusional retard.

I found out why all the guns are either overbuilt or look weird in the fallout game! In the fallout world all the guns are designed and built by german gun makers! That is it! Falliut is full of german and german descents that have built guns in that world. Holy fuck I'm a genius!

Are they like, armored or drugged or something? Won't be so easy, then. At any rate, aim for the head.

Also, higher Guns skill makes a difference.

lel

Yeah but how to you bring guns on the plane to SA.

You say that as if it's a bad thing.

Mostly a joke about 9mm's lack of lethality

>dat Lindsay

Attached: rich.png (637x585, 611K)

You two must be new

FoNV is like the 2nd most Jow Forums game in existance and has always been welcome here

this. population would be wayyyyyy more important during a post-apocalyptic situation than it would be now. anyone who's ever studied development knows that pre-industrial societies require high birthrates and population to compensate for higher death rates, and if bombs just dropped all over the world destroying the generations of work done to create a world bound together with highly-integrated trade and industrialized economies.

people getting culled off in the millions would obviously put a pretty high price on manpower, and considering the BoS has the technology to potentially reinvigorate society with the old world's strength then it would be able to re-establish industry on a massive scale.

too bad they're ideologically opposed to that option.

It's almost like the BOS is fucking retarded.

It's just like weightlifting, you need to shoot harder.

man I fucking hate leftists on this site

>durable
>Bethesda fallout

does not compute