.32 ACP/7,65 Browning

>I-it isn't enough for self defense!
>You need at least .50 AE for carrying!!!
>Too anemic
*kills you more reliably than a 9 mm and .45*
Nothing personell, full-size guns.

Attached: 1528680513959.png (500x319, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

buckeyefirearms.org/alternate-look-handgun-stopping-power
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>kills more reliably

Double check your chart newfriend .32 ACP has less fatal hits than both 9x19mm and .45 ACP. (Look at the green bar)

Would you carry fmjs or jhps for .32?

I think HP won't have the desired effect in .32 ACP so I would go with FMJ.

All this chart proves is that handgun calibers suck ass almost equally bad vs shotgun/rifles when it comes to actually killing your target.

I'm not sure why 32 has such high 1-shot incapacitation. I doubt it has to do with the round itself.
Probably more to do with a bit of luck, and maybe that the kind of people choose 32acp are more likely to actually aim, and/or 32acp guns just make accurate shooting easier on average.

Fatal doesn't matter, incapacitation matters.

.380 better than 9mm BTFO

But OP said .32 kills better, not incapacitates better.

were did you get that graph? i need more data like this

Neither is xtrmeme enough for me.

Attached: #3 Phillips.jpg (301x167, 6K)

It really comes to bullet geometry and powder charge, desu.

Attached: Lehigh 32 ACP Xtreme Cavitator Ammunition.jpg (1325x1325, 133K)

>people who carry small calibers know shot placement matters
That's a big part of it, but there's also only a handful of .32 shootings in that study.

And part of it is that the big 3 are carried by cops, and thus more likely to see use in more demanding circumstances like shooting through barriers, and shooting with the skill of the average cop; while .32, .380, etc. would be almost 100% defensive use.

This study includes a lot of military shootings with 9mm FMJ, so that makes 9mm look worse.

Well OP is an idiot, what else is new?

Attached: 1529594016959.png (720x879, 434K)

Tbqh I’d love a modern high quality .32 about the size of a Makarov for CC.

>.32 acp ppk/bersas
>beretta tomcat 3032 with extended grip magazines
>.32 NAA makarov conversions
>.32 conversions for LC380/LC9
>DB32
>LCR in .327 federal magnum
>Taurus PT 132
aside from the ppk/3032/lcr there are not many quality .32 acp guns anymore, let alone modern.

>tfw no double stack full size .32

Attached: 2c5.gif (480x270, 3.51M)

Leigh brand DeWalt rounds or some other gucci stuff. While FMJ is far better in pocket pistols than HPs or the like the modern advancements are far better than FMJs.

wrong

Attached: 32superglockconversion.jpg (1006x802, 69K)

Why not just get one of many great old .32 ACPs?

Attached: Mauser 1914.jpg (300x229, 10K)

.32 ACP is "semi-rimmed", making double-stack mags difficult.

Whats the sample size

I wouldn't want to CC something not easily replaced.

I unironically carry a P32 and have every day for nearly a decade now.

32ACP is the best CCW cartridge out there really.

.380 is fucking dumb as its nearly identical in size to 9mm, lacks capacity, and kicks excessively for the pocket guns their shilling these days.

If you can carry a G42 you can carry a G26 imo.

>inb4 muh stopping power
Literally the same reasons I listed are why people prefer 9mm to 45.

he did say modern.
>ywn see remington actually make these in .32 and .380 again.

Attached: iu[2].jpg (816x612, 154K)

This
In the event that you do have to use it, itll be held for whatever period of time it takes for the police to complete their investigation and a judge orders it returned. If its nice, expect it to get fucked with

The fuck is this, a glock in totally-not-.32-longue? (Yes, I'm sure it's loaded hotter, but the resemblance is uncanny.) I looked at their website, and there's hardly anything there, but I like what I see desu.

Still, I feel like .32 ACP is narrow enough a double-stack double-feed should be manageable, would love to see a new pistol explore that.

I feel the same way. I love my 32 classics, but I don't want them beat up or taken when I have more modern options

Attached: 15296386799401254633013.jpg (1836x3264, 2.76M)

>itll be held for whatever period of time it takes for the police to complete their investigation and a judge orders it returned.
Man you live in a wack area.

The closest thing to that is CZ83. 2/3 copy of Makarov in .32 ACP and a 15 rounds mag.

Dumping .32ACP collection because I love best ACP.

Attached: gqX3HCP.jpg (1200x900, 235K)

Attached: iWqAAdd.jpg (2048x1536, 916K)

Japanese police contract P230 in .32ACP. For the .32 loving faggot who is also a weaboo.

Attached: J8mmfpe.jpg (1536x1152, 713K)

The worst goddamn handgun ever devised.

Attached: PMPiEze.jpg (2080x1170, 1.07M)

The worst grip safety ever put on a handgun.

Attached: UlB9ebl.jpg (2048x1536, 1.37M)

the best

Attached: etlnP89.jpg (4160x2340, 3.98M)

That fucking thing looks like it wants to rape my barrel and paperweight my expensive man-toy.

I like the complete lack of information on where the data came from.

Fuck you, I want that. I was considering a 3032 Tomcat but I don't like their design and the HK P7K3 with a 7.65 barrel is impossible to find.

>.22 is likely to kill as .357

Attached: na4w1.jpg (556x590, 22K)

Please share your reasoning as to why that's impossible.

Careful with the 3032 Tomcats. They have a weird feature where the frame cracks and Beretta doesn't fix it.

If I could get a Ruger LCP II in .32 ACP, I would unironically carry it. Alas, I'm stuck with .380.

>see .32acp 1903 colt advertised for $550 on website
>show up
>it's actually a .380 for $750

Attached: piss.png (294x528, 330K)

You fucking serious?

You have two choices. I shoot you in the chest with a .22 pistol or I shoot you in the chest with a god damn .357 Magnum. Reason that, you fucking mongoloid.

Quit being a retard and acting like humans are difficult to kill.
Neither.

buckeyefirearms.org/alternate-look-handgun-stopping-power

Excellent argument, now there's surely no doubt that .22 is just as deadly as .357

For you

Aside from Seecamp, NAA Guardian, and the KelTec P32, who makes current production .32 ACP pistols?

*that aren't cobras and other such junk/poverty guns

Beretta Tomcat... VZ61's are still in production... Pretty sure Taurus makes (made?) a few models...

The tomcat has this nasty tactical feature that tactically cracks the frame.

>Head/torso counted similarly
Way to invalidate your own statistics by overcompiling
>The handgun lethal percentages
This one bothers me a lot, as in the medical industry the given statistic is, '6 of 7 survive.'
The most alarming stat on this is the seemingly low "rifle" lethality.

OP, please present these stats with a much more significant breakdown of ammunition used, location of hits, and sources please

p32 is alright aside from having a horrid trigger, but those only come with 7 rounds standard. .32acp pistols don't squeeze extra rounds in the mag, they make the guns smaller to scale to the bullet size. It's not like a lot of 9mm or .40's where they just drop in a new barrel/spring and you can fill the same magazine a little less full.

I have a p32 also, but don't kid yourself, it's basically a darringer, and .32acp is a darringer round practically. It's not the kind of round that's going to stand up to testing like more popular rounds like 9x19 outside bad breath distance.

>they don't squeeze extra rounds in the mag
P32 is 7+1, P3AT is 6+1. Walther PPK/S (.32) is 8+1, 7+1 for the .380.

They do squeeze extra rounds in user.

Okay what I meant, I maybe said a bit backwards.
Caliber conversion. If you turned your .40 into a 9mm you'd get two extra in the mag. If you went from a 380 down one, you're not really getting any extra rounds for the most part you're just getting a smaller gun instead.
Smaller gun sounds great and all but unless you have extreme manlet hands that can get to be a problem itself. p32 doesn't come with a pinky extension on regular mags. I had to buy 10 round extended mags for it to fit my hand 'right'. When I played around with a laser on it just a two finger grip had too much wobble in it for me to consider it accurate enough to try that. It'd be fine in 7 years if I didn't care about center mass just hitting somewhere in the center mass area but if you try doing that further out it's going to have way more extreme of a angle it veers off to and to me that's a bit of a problem. Might not happen to everyone. I just wouldn't assume others are extremely more competent at it especially if it's a situation that causes adrenaline or something happening when they pull it and not just a peaceful time at the range.

>. It'd be fine in 7 years
I wonder if that was a word filter or if my hang over is worse than I thought

>32acp

>not superior 32 Long aka the Gentlemans Caliber

I actually don't have a .32, but I do have a .380. 65gr xtreme defender or 90gr xtreme penetrator?

>.22 most lethal handgun
It really does bounce around in your skull? Fudd was right?

>cz83
>available in .32
oh shit. you're right.
you learn new things everyday...

only the carbon steel version had frame cracking issues. the slide was too light, and so it would slam against the frame and under certain circumstances the frame might crack. The slide was made thicker to add enough weight, and the recoil spring adjusted to slow the speed at which it cycles. The Inox version never had these issues, and the carbon steel model is no longer sold.
If you are concerned, you can just change out the recoil spring to a stronger one and use the flip-up barrel to load the first round instead.
The Tomcat is a very nice .32, with a grip that is possible to fit three fingers on; four with the pinky-rest extended magazine. The DA/SA is rare in a gun that small.

get a barrel conversion for .32 NAA
I have a 4" barrel for my mak, and the round screams at nearly 1400 fps; almost 1600 with the right reloads

that was rare.
that version is no longer even being made; only the inox is still available.
if you want to shit on the 3032, do it right.

Shotguns, still the undisputed one and done gun.
>mfw

Attached: 1412075857335.jpg (720x540, 28K)

I want to like the Tomcat. Even the inox wide slide versions have had the frame cracking.

>Beretta "Cheetah" model 81
>12+1 double stack

Attached: iu[1].jpg (758x504, 37K)

>CZ 83
>15+1 double stack

Attached: iu[2].jpg (526x400, 29K)

then get the titanium model.
the aluminum alloy frame is replaced with a titanium one. The frame quality is much improved, and I've never seen a crack in one of these through normal use.
the Tomcat of 2002 is not the same as the Tomcat of 2018. stop being so paranoid.

>sub compacts

>32 ounces loaded
>bigger than a PP (which is bigger than a PPK)
>extra thick grip because of double stack magazines
>subcompact
hold one and tell me that again with a straight face.
>protip: you can't

Yugo has a .32 blowback pistol on the market now, can't remember what it's called though.

>please present these stats
not OP, but the source is Ellifritz felt there wasn't enough data to break it down any farther without each result having too small of sample size to be meaningful.
The rationale for counting head/torso (i.e. non-extremity) is that any case with only extremity hits can't possibly be expected to be lethal. I'm not convinced this is helpful, but it doesn't seem any worse than including all cases, regardless of hit locations.

I was under the impression that the 6 out of 7 statistic is for those who receive medical attention, and thus excludes those who die before an ambulance arrives. So a figure of 1 in 3 (in Ellifritz) would imply roughly 20% prompt lethality, plus another 11% (1/7th of the remaining 80%) who die under the knife.
20% prompt still sounds high, desu, but while you raise good questions about the absolute accuracy of these numbers, I don't see any reason to believe they're particularly misleading for relatively comparisons of calibers

Ah, thanks, user. I'm gonna have to go look at some stuff to reference.

>) is that any case with only extremity hits can't possibly be expected to be lethal.
You can't have to kill him. Just shoot him in the leg.

Attached: 1525729759348.jpg (633x477, 93K)

Ecks dee. Enjoy your time in court after he claims he dindu nuthin

>You can't have to kill him

Attached: 1529406627352.png (500x575, 216K)

>This study includes a lot of military shootings with 9mm FMJ, so that makes 9mm look worse.
HUH. That's a significant statistical oversight. Why would they not want to include shootings that are as similar as possible while also getting a high enough n?

He's a data hoarder.

Look up why the Center for Disease Control can't collect gun statistics. If you asked the poster to post every type of ammo, barrel length, or anything replicateable they'll ignore it and post some gel block tests using the same brand of ammo in different calibers with a take my word on it it was all at the same distance without any sort of way to determine that, along with nothing determining how it reacts at different distances. If it's really including military data most of their usage of 9 and 45 is out of carbines like SMG's and not pistol barrel lengths.