Tanks

I want this tank but what the fuck happens when it breaks down, where do i find parts

Attached: Trumpeter-model-01595-1-35-Russian-BTR-80A-APC.jpg_640x640.jpg (640x334, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jxQ209gGRBo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck your morher. That’s how. Fuck off bow fuck face.

Why do people persist in referring to all armored vehicles as "tanks".

Because they are, that`s obviously a tank.

That's not a fucking tank, you brainlet

That. Is. Not. A. Tank.

Are you going to tell me that pic is not a tank either?
Just because it has an smaller cannon doesn`t make it a non-tank.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 100K)

Its an armored car

That's an armored car, you dumb nigger

deported and maged you dumb nigger

Pic is an small tank but OP`s is not a tank.
Sure is summer here.

Attached: TKS_P1010141_2.jpg (1000x750, 146K)

Pic is a light TANK.
OP`s is a tank too.

Attached: 800px-Carro_Leggero_3_35-001.jpg (800x600, 121K)

You're not wrong, but it's kind of an arbitrary distinction. There's a ton of modern wheeled vehicles that are light tanks in use. Because of that same kind of pedantry they're usually called something euphemistic or technically correct like "armored car", "tank destroyer" or "fire support vehicle", but from a purely practical perspective it wouldn't be wrong to say that wheeled light tanks have mostly replaced tracked ones.

Attached: B1 Centauro.jpg (563x489, 61K)

>technically correct like "armored car", "tank destroyer" or "fire support vehicle"

Doctrinal use is more important in naming than what you feel is more "practical".

Actually, that's a tankette, a separate class of vehicle. Generally the cutoff for "tank" is having tracks and not carrying troops. If you really want to throw people for a loop as far as classification, use pic related.

Attached: Wiesel AWC.jpg (800x533, 109K)

This is not a tank.

Attached: 7D8C02EE-B856-4BAC-A752-72D9A167DBB7.jpg (1538x536, 442K)

The treachery of images.

tankette means little tank.
But tank nevertheless.

...Except that's the point, in doctrinal use they are light tanks. None of the modern "tank destroyers" are actually meant to destroy tanks or are even particularly good at it. They are technically "armored cars", but that obviously has nothing to do with doctrine. "Fire support vehicle" is the closest, by way of being the most euphemistic.

Attached: Type 16 MGS.jpg (4000x2251, 2.39M)

You will not get a BTR-80A in the next few decades anyway, so it doesnt matter.

>treads
>no treads

tanklet gtfo

OP here Damn i just wanted to know where i could find APC parts

Any EE nation basically. They are really chep too. A BTR-60 would probably go for 10k USD.

You guys know nothing about tanks.

Here's a real tank, not your wheeled aluminum boxes.

Attached: 1mH8K9Q.jpg (960x618, 67K)

racism
autism

Is funny because that is just a tracked aluminum box.

youtube.com/watch?v=jxQ209gGRBo

>None of the modern "tank destroyers" are actually meant to destroy tanks or are even particularly good at it.

I'd really like to see you back up your claim of tank destroyers not being intended to engage enemy armor.

>They are technically "armored cars", but that obviously has nothing to do with doctrine. "Fire support vehicle" is the closest, by way of being the most euphemistic.

Doctrine differs from army to army, a broad definition doesn't actually tell you anything on how they are used but rather some basic similarities they share in their construction. Also I was specifically referring to the Sd. Kfz. 234/4 as an armored car, not all wheeled armored vehicles are armored cars.

Attached: 4523453245.jpg (969x634, 137K)

Attached: panhard-ebr.jpg (1164x776, 685K)

BTR=/=Tank

Attached: 1529531510134.png (558x618, 307K)

Not a tank, according to some retards here.

Its an armored, wheeled reconnaissance vehicle. It certainly is not a tank.

>>I want this tank

It's not a tank, moron

It's a fire support vehicle, not a tank.

So by your definition a B1 Centauro, FV101 Scorpion, and a Panhard AML-60 are all equally capable of performing all the same jobs.

it is a tank, sorry :3

No matter how you roll, Jow Forums is always the easiest board to troll.

Attached: 1522999730332.png (763x960, 375K)

But its not.

it is :3

No its not. Stop pretending to be retarded.

I dont see whats so difficult to understand. It has armor and a big gun and thats waht tanks have so its a tank

Engine/Transmission is most likely from a commercial company.

Everything else can be fabricated or you can find equivalents for it. Sometimes you just need to be creative.

This thing has four wheels and an engine, but that doesnt make it a car.

You could use it as a (very shitty) car, but isnt designed for it. The same applies to your BTR-80A.

Attached: JAS 39.jpg (637x350, 124K)

>30mm
>big gun

Tanks have at least 105mm guns these days.

Cars dont have wings, do i really need to point that out user?

op's image is a tank, deal with it :3

And tanks doesnt have wheels and a troop compartment, do I really need to point that out to you?

OPs image isnt a tank, deal with it.

wrong :3

Nigga fuck off, cool cars has wings

Attached: a2beda15-c2ff-4857-984a-ea4a61ae715b.jpg (320x213, 8K)

And we went the full circle, again see

Easiest (you)s of my life

stop responding to easy bait Jow Forums jfc

Attached: 1529721488298.jpg (339x339, 30K)

See
Pretending to be retarded is still just beeing retarded

Not saying that I wasn't being retarded, but they are just as retarded for actually responding.

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Jow Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bait to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

The sad part is that there are unironically people who are that retarded.

"not carrying troops" is then the Merkava not a tank?

They pretty much never carry troops there anyway, they just had some space over and installed a seat. Its mostly used to store the crews personal shit.

easiest solution, you buy two and cannibalize one for all the parts you can store then sell off the hull for scrap metal to get something back on that investment

difficult (but recommended) solution. you take a few courses in welding, milling and turning and you learn how to make anything you can't buy. also a good idea is to ask the person selling it, assuming that it's being sold by a company and you're not panning to win a russian surplus auction.

also, considering it's role i'd call it an APC not a tank.

You think this is easy? Go make a thread that just says "china" with a picture of some meme weapon and wait for the 300 replies.

>It has armor and a big gun and thats waht tanks have so its a tank
pic related now a tank

Attached: BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.jpg (2354x3000, 1.6M)

Are you concussed? This is a selfpropelled artillery.

Because that's how language works.
Layman language is always less specific.. It's the same in everything.
That's why semi auto assault rifles are assault rifles.

>You're not wrong
Yeah he is.
Tank = Armoured vehicle.
Type IV tanks were less armoured then a BTR.

>Generally the cutoff for "tank" is having tracks and not carrying troops
>Mark VI tank
>Carried troops
>Still a tank
Jesus Christ just shut the fuck up already.

Attached: AMX_13_90_Front_With_Turret_Turned.jpg (800x489, 58K)

It doesn`t have weels so is not a tank

Doctrines and specific definitions have changed over the more than one hundred years that tanks have been in use. Usage within doctrine is the most important distinction in the title of a vehicle. The 1st Cav Division is still a cavalry division even if it uses other means of transport over horses.

Attached: 1486520248912.jpg (800x539, 127K)

>what is a ship wheel
How do you think they steer it, fagit?

Attached: A Tank.jpg (284x178, 9K)

Summer
Children
Off-K!

Called a Tankette, honest

Yes! The French answer to retreating while advancing! A driver in the 'front' and in the 'rear'

EBR, Engin Blindé de Reconnaissance, Literally "Armored Reconnaissance vehicle". It's an armored car.

You cant point at any vehicle with armor and a gun and say "HUE HUE HUE IT A TUNK"

Based.

Nerds. There is reason why you are still virgins

Yes you can. I think you're conflating 'tank' with 'MBT'. Think of tank as 'sexual orientation' while the various types of tanks as gay, straight, bi, pony etc.

>He, you attempted to correct some one, joke on you I like being dumb.

This isn't even a "Well atckhluly" issue, a BTR is not a tank. Not in terms of how it is built, not in terms of how it looks, and not in terms of its intended use.
Its like calling a tractor a bus, beyond being vehicles its just wrong to say the are in any way the same thing .