Space Force is Retarded

As an AFC in the USAF who voted for Trump, this has got to be this dumbest idea I have ever heard.

Firstly, the Air Force already has a huge presence in space. They operate hundreds of satellites and have many active R&D contracts NASA, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, etc.concerning space vehicles. Creating a "space force" would require transferring not only those contracts to the SF, but also the entire logistical system the AF has set up to and from space. Not only this, but conflict in space has never happened and never has to happen. It would be useless to send humans to fight each other in space as a much easier, cheaper, and safer way to (let's say, destroy a hostile surveillance satellite) would be to use the abundant amount of pre-existing technology to blow it up remotely. Why send someone to do something when its easier, cheaper, and safer to launch a missile at it? Third, the creation of a new branch would take a bunch of time and effort and would cost a fuck ton. Moving shit, transferring people, etc would be a bitch. Lastly, there is literally no need for a space force. The airforce has every inch our AOI covered and it would just be a waste of everybodys time and money.

I honestly like Trump, but as I saw another user say, I feel like hes really just doing this so he can get his place in the history books.

Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1200px-Air_Force_Space_Command_Logo.svg.png (1200x1229, 286K)

You are just upset you are in the wrong branch to be on the first space battleship

Congress shot down the idea months ago. Even Mattis said it's not a good idea. It's just not time yet. I'm pretty sure donnie just made his dumb announcement to try to draw attention from other things going on.

>he doesn't wanna purge xeno filth from the galaxy

Nobody cares. Take your political bitching to the politics board. If you want to discuss weapons to be used by said space force then we can discuss that. If you want to bitch about how you want to be a spess muhreen but lost your chanve because the USAf got replaced go make a blog or complain on facebook maybe a family memeber will like your comment.

That's part of it too, yeah.

Nice blog post Soi.

Butthurt airforce cadet angry because he wanted to go to space to fight the aliens but is stuck on earth

Attached: 081DCBA8-A478-4BA9-9736-39DE714A3013.jpg (1920x826, 263K)

this

they're just separating AFSPC into it's own service, for budgetary and propaganda reasons, in reality it's really not anything important at all

Oh boy it's 1945 again
Too bad fucker were getting an air force

Air force management is bloated and full of F35 retards. Space is getting more and more relevant everyday and things like GPS are essential to US civilians and government, makes sense to segregate them.

Re-useable space rockets are developing quickly. There are lots of companies and independent billionaires funding trying to get a workable re-useable space ship first. A military branch dedicated to it was just a matter of time. It's better to start now than trying to work out how to get one up and running later after it's useful.

1947. And there was an actual reason for it. The Air Force was vital to our victory in WWII and was growing exponentially.
Space Command is small and still has a pretty damn small role. Maybe in another decade or two we'll be ready, but it's just not time for a separate Space Force yet.

If anything, we should work toward reintegrating the military branches. Do we really need separate branches in this day and age?

Cry more chairforce. You dont even understand why the Air Force is a thing do you?

Attached: 1529515159021.png (307x263, 42K)

Because it was growing extremely quickly under the Army, was vital to modern warfare, and had goals that didn't line up with a branch focused primarily on ground combat?

Different domains, different services, m8t.

tbqh USAF bureaucracy is shit and anything that can escape it should.

Hap Arnold prophesied that strategic airpower needed to be ICBMs and drones back in the 1940s. Well, now we have those, and it's time to give tacair back to the Army.

>Wow man a whole system of logistics wouldn't work without the logistics put in place to make it work!

Really makes you think.

We got a butthurt airbaby upset about separate but equal over here

This. China has weaponized satellites, and there's no telling what everyone else is up to. If you take out certain satellites, you could cripple a country's ability to fight. It's not just about spacecraft or space marines, it's Chinese hackers that could cause havoc as well. Chair force kids can request a transfer or stfu.

Attached: 050831-F-0000C-002.jpg (2100x1378, 439K)

>it's time to give tacair back to the Army
Look, I'm sorry about your ASVAB score, but you can't have that back.

E3 in the chair forks clearly knows what's correct.

>AFC

Its A1C you fucking nonner. Go back to fucking up people's BAH, desk jockey

"hello fellow trump supporters..." as every thread starts off.

should I join the air force

Trump is retarded, what's new?

I'm glad you picked up on that too. After the year I spent stuck with the chair forks in the Deid, I have no tolerance for their speshul snowflake corporate bullshit. Fuck em. Glad to see em go.

This isn't even his idea, it's been floating around for numerous years and the house defence committee is really supportive of it.

>Air Force management is bloated
>Goes through the massive process of standing up a brand new service thus further bloating the DOD
Alrighty

Attached: 10130087.jpg (1534x1536, 2.29M)

We're going to need one eventually and the sooner we get started, the sooner it will not suck (i.e., there's gonna be a learning curve).

You're just jealous that you're not going to be a Space Ranger.