Was Canada on to something? Is having various separate branches of the military still actually necessary in this age...

Was Canada on to something? Is having various separate branches of the military still actually necessary in this age? The more I think about it, the less I can justify it.

Attached: Canadian_Forces_emblem.svg.png (1200x1540, 525K)

The command structure will be fucked beyond belief.

How do we improve CAF, boys?

Give them planes
New ones

Uncuck the public, there is no shame in having warriors in your armed forces.

I'm not sure if it could be any worse than what we currently have. If anything, it would be less of a mess since more things could be grouped together. For example, what's currently the Army's air stuff and the USMC's air stuff rolled into what's now the AF's.

Nah, its just a difference in how we think. By and large, we prefer decentralized bureucracy while the canucks prefer centralization. Just look at policing here. Every nickle and dime municipality has its own department here while in Canada only major cities have their own PD's, the rest being taken care of by RCMP. Both work equally well imho, and its just a matter of preference at this point.

>in Canada only major cities have their own PD's, the rest being taken care of by RCMP
A city has to be a pretty reasonable size here before they get their own PD. Most places are just policed by the county sheriffs.

Im tempted to say the US should ask if it can join the commonwealth just so we can have cool royal insignias like that. On the other hand we technically be considered subjects so i guess its not worth.

I guess it depends on where you are as well. I live in the suburbs of a major city in the great lakes region and every single municipal has its own seperate police force. Its a clusterfuck.

bump

Other arrangements can be made.

Attached: ApzDhtfPqCiPjEMJ.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

>god emperor meme
Cringe tbqh

How many Russian hookers does it take to make Trump stop being POTUS?

Given the size of the military we should just turn it into something that resembles the US Marines. Cut all the various element commanders and just have a leaner, well equipped, well trained expeditionary force.
Reserves can do domestic response and all the faggot parades

Id only be cool with this if it was an "associate state" sorta thing.

All of them

Looking forward to the "behind the scenes" type book deals that come out of his presidency.

It's a good idea in general but some of the benefits are exaggerated. One of the selling points was "purple trades," cooks, clerks, logistics guys, etc, could theoretically be stationed interchangeably in an army, navy or air force environment.

In practice, if you threw and army cook in a ship's galley, he'd probably struggle. If you threw a navy cook in the field with an infantry battalion, he might die of fucking exposure.

Fire and Fury is already out, user.

There's just cooking in a chow hall and cooking on a boat. I don't see any reason those people couldn't do both.
The initial merger would be a headache since every branch uses its own kind of software for things like logistics, but there's another selling point there in that we'd be paying for one instead of god knows how many.

>big budget increase, Trump is already barking at Trudeau about this. need a massive amount of capital to replace the many legacy ships/planes/vehicle fleets
>major purge/reorg of Ottawa, retire the decrepit fat NDHQ fucks
>completely change the tooth-to-tail ratio, separate DND from the CAF, reduce the amount of L1 orgs, deputy ministries etc
>enforce fitness/deployability standards, fatties GTFO, I don't care if he/she/zer is the best sonar tech, it's about professionalism and not being a liability
>toss out the procurement system, buy as much MOTS and COTS shit as possible, the Aussies do MUCH better at this than we do
>fill the line units with PYs, give them money for demanding training in challenging environments
>fix the reserves, make training/ops mandatory unless excused through leave process, make them operational, equip and fund them properly

I could go on and on...

this needs to happen

Attached: FOBS 035.jpg (3264x2448, 2.5M)

RCMP are fucking idiots, you dolt. They aren't even supposed to be in BC.