Ammo making

How many of you have experience making your own ammo, looking on getting into it. Any suggestions?
Pic unrelated

Attached: fatdog.jpg (1280x960, 295K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dillonprecision.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>any suggestions
Google

Yea, was expecting that lol

Bing

look out for reloading threads, there's usually one every few days.

I'm looking at getting into it too, I just got a reloading manual to see if I'd be interested, I recommend the same for you. I got the Lyman 50th edition reloading manual

Ill check it out! Thanks!

cute doggo

needs more exercise and less food

Needs hugs and headpats too

Why are you looking to make your own ammo and what rounds are you looking to make?

Whatever I need.
Saving money, and it seems like fun.

it has lots of information all about motivations for reloading, steps to reload, equipment needed, and shitloads of data. it's an interesting read even if you decide not to reload

What calibers?
If you shoot common stuff, your cost savings is marginal if that. Uncommon is where you start to save money.

Yea ill probably pick it up later tonight

Yea ill probably pick it up later tonight. Thanks again

.45, .38, that kinda stuff. Nothing too big

Check out Dillon: dillonprecision.com/

Duckduckgo

AskJeeves

Attached: 1528855615557.jpg (271x395, 18K)

You could save a couple cents per round over cheap steel cased ammo at online prices if you start making your own ammo with cheap plinking level components. If you prefer to shoot more expensive ammo, your savings of course would increase.
If you want to go for full crazy, you could start casting your own bullets along with reloading. If you can get a super cheap or free source of lead, this can really save you money. As suggested above, get the Lyman manual since it contains some information about casting if my memory is correct (but than again the lead vapors may have gotten to me).

I have no problem getting lead cheap, practically free, so casting might be for me.
I have been known to go full crazy with anything I do lol.
Im picking up the book today.

Every penny counts lol

it's worth it to cast. you can reload most pistol rounds for 4-5 cpr

Wow thats cheap.
I will put casting on the list.

>AskJeeves
I didn't even know it was still around.

Attached: ask.png (1243x501, 47K)