What makes a gun aesthetic to you? What guns do you consider the most aesthetic and why...

What makes a gun aesthetic to you? What guns do you consider the most aesthetic and why? What makes on AR build more aesthetic than another?

Personally I love rugged ARs with classic A2 front sights.

Attached: downloadfile-3.jpg (600x315, 28K)

PMAGs can sometimes make an AR look better.

Surplus straight mags (20 rounds I believe?) are aesthetic as fuck to me

i HATE lights, buis, vertical foregrips, single point slings, red dot magnifiers, etc. basically any useless bullshit /arg/ puts on their rifles
If you're gonna have a gun, it should have a fucking purpose.
home defense? sure get a light and a red dot
target shooting? scope and that's it
>hate rifles cluttered with needless bullshit

is this user a retard.
>lights so you can see
>vfgs so you can hold and pull the rifle close
>a sling so you don't have to hold your rifle that keeps it infront of you
>extra magnification is bad somehow?

where did arg touch you

Biggest pet peeve is that skateboard grip tape shit on pistols. Even expensive guns start looking like you stole it from Jamal the coke dealer.

I agree with you on everything except the BUI those are a must and they look minimalist so they don't stand out

You're not alone. The original rifle had some nice lines to it.

The chick in question is Miss USA, BTW. How times have changed.

Attached: chick with m16a1.jpg (1280x853, 94K)

Steel, maybe wood, efficiency and purity
>inb4 some teenage shitter calls me a fudd

Attached: 1525474069344.jpg (1456x870, 155K)

>t.boomer who only wants one shot hunting rifles

Wood

Attached: Ruger-First-Gen-Mini.jpg (750x300, 38K)

disagree on that. if you're using it for self defense, your red dot should be charged, and you should be close enough to not need it if it failed.
if you're shooting further get a scope.

obviously use a light on your home defense gun
>vfg
gay as hell. learn how to hold a rifle.
>get a real sling
>extra magnification
get a scope

i hate arg

Holy fuck, dat chicken wing. She's like shouldering it into her elbow joint.

Any time anyone puts an Aimpoint micro on a 2 inch riser mount it makes your gun look like the equivalent of a man wearing a tiny hat and it looks retarded.

Also super long and thin rails make your gun look like a lanklet.

And keymod looks like penises.

Attached: thisshitiswhatimean.jpg (2500x1667, 491K)

post ar

Steel + wood

Attached: 1D817964-8261-432F-801B-E323BD1B9F7A.jpg (4026x2483, 1.89M)

i think ARs are aesthetic because they're functional as hell. adding a bunch of unnecessary bullshit just screams "i can't shoot"

The opposite of this, is a gun that is well proportioned where the side profile of the gun is tallest in the middle and tapers down nicely at the ends forming kind of a general diamond shape.

Attached: wellproportioned.jpg (1200x467, 103K)

>adding a bunch of unnecessary bullshit just screams "i can't shoot"
lets see
>light
can't see in the dark idk how shooting better will help that
>BUI
literally 1-3oz for the assurance that you will always have a fallback option that doesn't need any electronics to function
>sling
yea who would need to use their hands for anything when they are trying to use a rifle and don't want to just leave it on the floor
>VFGs
god forbid some people prefer the way that they allow you to hold a rifle

>fuck precision optics and red dots i'm fine wit muh irons

You have some of the worst taste I've ever seen.

Attached: disappointment.jpg (800x614, 62K)

my point is that your rifle should have a purpose.
either put a red dot and and light on your HD gun, or get a scoped rifle.

and if I want BUI, a vfg or sling on my HD rifle?

>BUIS
If you're in a situation where you needed to shoot accurately for a long time you should've gone with a scope or irons
>VFG
why can't you hold the handguard like every other rifle shooter and like on every rifle you learned to shoot on growing up.
>sling
don't get a single point sling

if you can't shoot accurately on a scope or irons, or if you never learned how to hold a rifle, or if you like it slapping your frontside with a single piont sling while you hike then get that /arg/ tier shit.
to me those rifles look like they're designed for handicapped people to shoot

>If you're in a situation where you needed to shoot accurately for a long time you should've gone with a scope or irons
Are you really stupid enough to not know what BUI are for. They are not for shooting accurately or at a distance they are there as a BACK UP in case your optic fails whether it be a scope or red dot.
>why can't you hold the handguard like every other rifle shooter and like on every rifle you learned to shoot on growing up.
But I do. And then I have the VFG because it provides a nice place for by tape switch and allows me to use a thumb break grip if I want.
>single piont sling while you hike then get that /arg/ tier shit
sounds like you went on /arg/ for 10 minutes, got yelled at for being a moron and left in a baall of impotent rage and tears. AAnd /arg/ hates 1 points slings.
>to me those rifles look like they're designed for handicapped people to shoot
the military doesn't seem to think so considering hey put half of that shit into common usage. If you can't appreciate the aesthetic appeal of a good SOPMOD Block 1 clone or Mk18 Mod 0 then you truly have no taste.

is that why they're called backup irons? dipshit.
1. In a situation where a scope isn't working, buis won't work either
2. if you have a gun with a red dot it's probably for HD - where'll you'll be shooting at 5-10yds and won't have time to flip anything up. If you're innawoods, at the range, or target shooting, there are better options than a red dot with BUIS
3. so you don't actually hold your rifle how you were taught and instead do some chris costa shit and also use a flashlight at the same time
4. i'm saying single point slings suck you illiterate retard.

When you need to clear rooms for hours or are going to be engaging targets from 5-200yds over an 8 hour period then maybe you should put all that shit on your gun. That's why the military does that.

When some faggot at the range has all that shit on their gun it just says "i should be playing airsoft"

and honestly it all goes back to my main point:
aesthetics is about functionality for me.
>operator with Mk18
aesthetic AF
>faggot at range with Mk18
faggot

>In a situation where a scope isn't working, buis won't work either
how the fuck do you figure that?
>If you're innawoods, at the range, or target shooting, there are better options than a red dot with BUIS
Why the fuck can't I shoot a red dot with BUI at the range or at a match if I like it the most. Out to 300 at least red dots are perfectly capable optics for engaging a man sized target. Not everything is making tiny groups retard.
>so you don't actually hold your rifle how you were taught and instead do some chris costa shit and also use a flashlight at the same time
ahh here come the cries of Chris Costa and maallninja. A thumbreak grip is a perfectly fucking normal grip that is utlized all over the shooting community. But you are the ultimate arbiter of shooting techniques and equipment. And you realize that using a flashlight at the same time as you have a shooting grip is sort of fucking essential for HD right?
>i'm saying single point slings suck you illiterate retard.
And I am saying that yes they do and everyone including /arg/ agrees with that you inbred shitstain.
>When some faggot at the range has all that shit on their gun it just says "i should be playing airsoft"
God forbid someone enjoy their guns how they want to. Lemme drop by the next three gun match and let everyone know that red dots, vfgs and BUI need to be taken off their gun because of some moron on the internet
>faggot at range with Mk18
>faggot
once again god forbid somebody build fun, aesthetically pleasing and useful rifles.

Now I can't unsee it and have to consider a different style of red dot.

>why the fuck can't i shoot a blah blah blah
you can do whatever you want. and i'm going to tell you it's ugly and you're a dumb faggot. Especially watching you punch paper with a red dot and buis.
>flashlight essential
then get a flashlight for your HD rifle. but if you take your gay little flashlight to the range to go shooting i will think you're a retard
>everybody at 3 gun match uses VFG
maybe the shitty ones
>god forbid somebody enjoys their guns the way they want to
>throwing a tantrum in a thread about aesthetics because somebody things your AR is gay
i guarantee if i saw your AR i would think you a shitty shot and a massive faggot.

>you can do whatever you want. and i'm going to tell you it's ugly and you're a dumb faggot. Especially watching you punch paper with a red dot and buis.
oh I am sure you tell everyone at the range that their rifles aren't up to your standards
>then get a flashlight for your HD rifle. but if you take your gay little flashlight to the range to go shooting i will think you're a retard
oh yea let me take my flashlight off my HD rifle when I take it to the range some I won't upset some jumped up little fag
>i guarantee if i saw your AR i would think you a shitty shot and a massive faggot.
And I am sure I not give a single shit what someone like you thinks about me

You sound insufferable.

I agree with you jt /arg/ are fags

Immediately recognizable and distinct sihlouette.
Also a tasteful ratio of steel, polymer and wood.

Attached: 5405dd6e6427c24c062ea236bf400fba.jpg (1000x540, 196K)

Attached: 28399CFB-7786-4686-8FF1-A34768BFEC1A.jpg (480x269, 46K)

I'm 26
Fuck off

was the standard of the time, just like teacupping and weaver stance

Attached: 1527147947285.jpg (1080x1080, 286K)

To the fuds on here, please stfu. When the government storm troopers use that shit, you think it's just for looks? If it works and serves its intended purpose, it ain't stupid. Most of you are either boomers or fags who regurgitate their fathers sentiment. Stfu and go back to your facebook blogs on how 1911's are the superior model of handguns.

Attached: maxresdefault (4).jpg (1920x1080, 183K)

You're retarded if you don't know why the reasons NOT to chicken wing don't apply to her right there, dipshit.

>posts pic showing the correct definition of fudd
>calls people who don't like what he likes fudds
W O W

>implying I must like tacticool shit and think everyone is a fudd
jesus man, get out of your high chair.

Point out one post ITT that clearly states that the guy is a fudd.

Aesthetics make a gun aesthetic to me

Attached: 1aotxv44l32y.jpg (1618x1079, 196K)

Here is two close runners my guy. Look, here is the point: IF THE GUN WORKS FINE AND SUITS WHAT THE OWNER WANTS IT FOR, STFU AND LEAVE THEM ALONE.

Not everyone likes or uses the same shit, and there are fudds or borderliners with a superiority complex ITT.

I said sometimes cuck

it would probably look better if he had the optic mounted in front of the magazine well too.

Full sized rifles, typically. Long, sleek, with no rails on the hand guard. Wood is nice but not necessary.
Pic obviously related.

Attached: ad7df06a700828986f7cb3cfa82499ea.jpg (1024x685, 41K)

>All this pants-wetting over what other people like
Get over it. Sling, Light, Optic is the modern standard for rifles. Anything short of that is retro sentimentalism, and anything beyond that is personal preference or niche requirements.

Bluing and wood.

Attached: 1528082014883.jpg (1024x482, 122K)

What pattern of furniture is that? I like it

Steel and wood is kino

By being kinda weird

Attached: 1513337391895.jpg (569x391, 57K)

I really like slim rifles

no fat handguards
no bulky stocks
no junk all over the rails

Attached: ddm4v7.jpg (2000x800, 317K)

Just like modelling. Flawless is boring, but a few quirks makes it "flawesome" and keeps you coming back from intrigue alone.

Wood and steel. Failing that, I prefer "balanced asymmetry", with AR's that means angled foregrip is good, but with a stock/optics that compliment it. For instance the stock needs to be thin or with a "hole", not filled out like the classic m-16.

Pic related, but with a different stock and the optics moved a bit backwards = GOAT

Attached: 11 point 5.jpg (1280x720, 446K)

>then get a flashlight for your HD rifle. but if you take your gay little flashlight to the range to go shooting i will think you're a retard

Why the fuck would I constantly mount and unmount my light on the gun every time I take it to and from the range?

first time feels

also i want to get this gun

Attached: 344398757.jpg (533x400, 48K)