Why do they do this?

Why do like 80-85% of the GWOT veterans out there who buy truck own Toyota Tacoma's or Tundra's?

Attached: Vroom.jpg (2040x1360, 396K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MUfOmWFc-sI
roadandtrack.com/car-shows/detroit-auto-show/a14783721/2019-ford-ranger-debut-release-date-specs/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

American trucks are fucking death traps.

They look cool

Cuz it's made in Texas

They are American made, where as GM and Ford are foreign made trucks.

its a bad ass truck got a 86 with a 22re turbo swap best truck i have ever owned thing will go anywhere

Attached: heh.gif (500x209, 1.8M)

Combat tested, combat proven bruh

Attached: 1505615365786.jpg (1125x752, 111K)

None of this explains why GWOT vets buy these almost exclusively.

>itt: virgin spicistani truck vs CHAD NIPPON TRUCK

Cuz they all want HiLux's like the SF dudes drive around in.
Here, a Tacoma is a Hilux less the Diesel engine

I'm not a vet but I really like them and would like to get one when I have a shorter commute distance.

Its a redneck thing, and most infantry and rural retards

American trucks are boxy and just for work

Jap trucks look better and are better off road toys.

Attached: heavy-duty-truck-rack.jpg (700x500, 60K)

cause north american trucks, in particular the smaller trucks, have been shit

the newer rangers and colorados are looking better though

Attached: 1477764841369.jpg (736x472, 75K)

Guys
It's literally this
The oper8ors bouced around oper8n Toyota HiLuxes.

>be me
>shopping for Ford Rangers
>autotragic transmission shits all over manual master race in towing capacity w/ the same rear end

What the actual fuck gives here?

Attached: 2010-ford-ranger-towing-guide-specifications-capabilities-2-728.jpg (728x931, 211K)

Because they're too dumb to buy a Land Cruiser

>black ranger
all rangers should be white

Attached: 1529124818233.jpg (457x572, 81K)

I drive a Tacoma because it’s the only light truck that isn’t crap

>tfw I drive a minivan with sliding doors.

Attached: 30706221_1897014697024543_661267809349799691_n.png (720x929, 1.22M)

As a GWOT veteran who just bought a Tacoma it's basically because I liked the Hilux/Ford Ranger diesel crew cabs I drove overseas. The Taco is not only the best selling midsize truck, but it's also one of the better overall trucks out there. It's kind of like how a lot of them buy Glock 19s as both the Taco and Glock 19 are pretty much the standard of what a lot of midsize trucks and compact handguns are compared to respectively.

>buying a manual in 2018
There's really not much point anymore. They might be more fun, but they often get worse gas mileage and you have the clutch going out more than you do auto transmissions. On the taco, at least, you lose out on all the offroad features like crawl control/multi terrain traction control, too.

pic related

Attached: taco babsec.jpg (2048x1536, 409K)

>There's really not much point anymore
manual transmission are stronger and more suited to towing.
>better off road toys
the tundra is a wet noodle.

you live in nevada?

A 1986 Toyota Pickup has basically no relation to the Tacomas, any generation of them.
While probably true about the reasoning, it's nothing like a Hilux. Everything is different.

>manual transmission are stronger
No.
> more suited to towing.
Also no.

>manual transmission are stronger
Citation needed
>more suited to towing
Same exact tow rating on either transmission with the Tacoma.
Yes.

both are factually true though.

Oh god, you even bought one in FDE.

Hard to kill, run forever, and they hold their value really well.

oh shit they are on to us guys...

>tfw gwot vet looking at taco's and tundras rn kek

Attached: sweating.gif (480x270, 90K)

But they aren't. The G56 in the current Rams, for instance, cannot match the torque ratings at all of the Aisin 6 speed automatics. More suited to towing, how? Being able to select which gear you're in? Newsflash, you've been able to do that with automatic transmissions on virtually every car since the 1970s.

Because I have personal experience with the Hilux and Nissan trucks/SUV's overseas, they are fucking tanks

You have to stop to change to lower gears on an automatic

>You have to stop to change to lower gears on an automatic
Yea, no. Will you people every know what you're talking about? How can you know less than /o/?

I told the car salesman the exact same thing I told my realtor:
>if the color doesn't match the rails on my gun I don't want it.
Didn't seem to be a problem for either of them.

I think a better question is why do boots always buy Ford Mustangs when they hit their first unit?

Attached: CB337960-C0AA-4B3B-9F45-70E91B5BAB01.png (621x1104, 1.54M)

Cash to spend and Mustangs are the most well known muscle car, at least that's what I'd assume.

why did you pick the taco over the tundra? im probably going to go compare them soon. is the taco roomy enough? it looks too small to me, but im used to a big ass ram 1500.

They made in Kansas and Texas, brainlet.

Don't buy a Tundra, at least not now.

One of the most well known, and lowest entry price point.

That too.

Y?

It's absolutely ancient at this point. Due for a redesign.

I'm a GWOT vet but I drive this '93 GMC 3500. Shit's comfy as fuck, It's got the 7.4 liter engine with a manual transimission, crew cab, long bed, and pimp red velvet interior. It's solid as hell, never had a major problem with it and it's got 250k miles. it drinks gas like a mothefucker but that doesn't matter too much because I live on an Alaskan island with less than 50 miles of paved road.

Attached: IMAG0128.jpg (2688x1520, 2.27M)

Because they're smart enough to know that Jap cars last twice as long as American cars.

I had 2 rangers, my first was a 94 in highschool that I fucked around with in classic highschool fashion, cheap intake "upgrade", hockey puck suspension, skull everything, etc.

When I got a real job, I got an '04.

Oh man, I want them to rerelease the rangers. I hauled everything with mine, even threw motorcycles and shit in the bed. I live in the city though, so it was still easy to park and deal with in tight city streets.

Best fucking truck.

toyota builds the frames out of noodles imported directly from italy.
youtube.com/watch?v=MUfOmWFc-sI

>I live on an Alaskan island with less than 50 miles of paved road
god i wish i had actually made the decision and moved to Alaska....

>i wish i had actually made the decision and moved to Alaska
t. no one ever

I'd own either a 4Runner, Tacoma or Suburban desu

Because they work. Yes they are boring, yes everyone and their brother has one but they just wont quit. My only complaint is the switched to ladder frames in 05.

Attached: taco_12.jpg (5184x3456, 2.24M)

>My only complaint is the switched to ladder frames in 05.
Nigga what? They've always had ladder frames.

dont you fuckin lie to me i know you fucks have fun fishin and hunting like savages up there.

come to montana
less desolate than alaska, but all the fishing and hunting you could dream of.

Nope 04 and before were plain old body on frame amd then they switched to ladder frames. To my knowledge the FJ was the last body on frame in the NA market. I miss the hell outta that truck.

Attached: IMAG0541.jpg (2688x1520, 1.33M)

>Nope 04 and before were plain old body on frame amd then they switched to ladder frames.
I don't think you know what a ladder frame is. Most body on frame vehicles use ladder frames and the Tacoma, or any Toyota pickup for that matter, has never been an exception.

If youre afraid of desolation, just do what I did and move to one of the islands or the Kenai Peninsula. There's tons of really healthy and comfy communities.

Attached: 10-12-Kodiak-16.jpg (1080x718, 670K)

don't you tempt me you beautiful bastard

Let me take a wild guess. Its bars connecting the frame which improves stability, better for towing and generally more comfortable one the road but not that great when you see a rock an need the flex.

I dunno man. All the people I've known who have lived in Alaska at some point report that many of the people there are fucking weirdos, and that it is anyone's guess as to whether or not they moved up there for the extreme isolation due to the fact that they were already weirdos or that the lack of sunlight for all that time made them weird.

How do you know what a ladder frame generally is but don’t know that the Prado and the Tacoma, which are unrelated by the way, have always had ladder frames?

I guess I'm just that special kind of stupid.

Attached: c ya ladder.jpg (1024x449, 186K)

Dunno, I drive a mini Cooper.

And not one of those sexy older ones.

Taco is great for dudes 5'9 to 6'. Just the right amount of room without anything extra. The nicest part is that it's more narrow and can fit on more trails.

Muh American made Furds and GM are made in mexico an are unreliable! *rear differential leaks*

Nevermind the fact that Silverados and F-150s are made in America but okay.

roadandtrack.com/car-shows/detroit-auto-show/a14783721/2019-ford-ranger-debut-release-date-specs/

There coming but I don't think it's gonna be like the pint sized gunny on wheels they used to be.

chad bruce beats the fat burger any day.

Attached: 564564564654.jpg (1422x948, 327K)

Enlisted people don't make good decisions in general much less major financial decisions?

That is the most retarded thing I have seen in my 8 years on Jow Forums...

> Not buying a pro-4x frontier
It's like you spent four years sucking dicks in the desert.

I bought mine because, lol resale value. My Tacoma is 7 years old and still worth $25k fair value, bought it for $29k. I can drive it for another 20 years or sell it for enough money to nearly buy another one outright. All while being reasonably sized to do simple work, off-trail driving, yet still small enough to operate and park comfortably in a city. Name an American branded vehicle that retains that level of flexibility and value.

There simply are no comparisons

Attached: 1431198629240.jpg (700x525, 57K)

Jeep comes to mind as far as off-road and retaining value

Fpbp

Automatic transmissions have been better than manuals in every single performance metric for years now. They shift faster and more accurately, are more fuel efficient, and can calculate optimum shifting conditions far better than any human.

Computers, man....

Jeeps can't fit anything in the back and they're 100% shit stock.

>it's nothing like a Hilux. Everything is different.
SOF bounced around in modern hilux's. It's the same damn truck as the Tacoma minus the engine.

Tacomas are fantastic and beat out basically all of the competition besides Super Duty shit nigga

Premier awful life.

>infant child
>shitty development
>low income area
>truck payments
>overweight wife taking photo

I can't imagine a greater hell

t. NEET

Not even that guy.

can't get Hilux goodness in the USA.
feelsbad.jpg
fucking epa bullshit.

I've seen this around town. You work at Valley Hospital?

Not me. GMC all the way. They’re not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, but I know their flaws and I’m comfortable with them.

They're great trucks, dude

>T. Basedlet who has seatbelts and airbags
Lmao

Attached: IMG_20161117_165144.jpg (2592x1944, 593K)

>low income
are you a fucking surgeon or something?

I saw one riding around the lower 48

>someone paid upwards of 70 thou for the truck
>probably the same price just to get it into the country.
Literally nothing better to do with their money

Attached: 1529552392527m.jpg (1024x923, 126K)

I love mine, and I love manual transmissions.

T. Unicorn tacoma owner (4x4 manual single cab v6)

we had hilux in my country but they no better than tacoma trust me.

Because they want to feel like a big bad srmy man in their gay truck.

They can off-road better stock than most other shit on the market what are you smoking?