Why is ARX100 so cheap from academy

academy.com/shop/pdp/beretta-arx-100-223-rem-556-nato-semiautomatic-rifle#repChildCatid=4745003

why is arx100 so cheap from academy? everywhere i've looked including buds, gunbroker, armslist, gunwatcher have this thing from 900-1700. am i retarded and missed something here? am i retarded for not driving over to pick it up first thing in the morning?

Attached: 377966_10150403082091389_1616049622_n.jpg (675x870, 100K)

Probably a mistake. If you like them and have the money I’d jump on it before they realize what it’s listed at.

Not a mistake. They've been 850 before. Kind of tempting but I don't want to pay taxes on it.

I'd like to say it is a mistake but i don't think Beretta is selling as many as they would like.
It's a pretty good alternative to a SCAR-L or a CZ

>5.56 wunder rifle competitor to the SCAR at mid tier AR and PTR-91 pricing
These are probably going to go the way of the FS2000 due to low sales. That's a pretty good price for a plastic AR-18. I would say buy it now, if only because they could be worth 2x that when Beretta ceases manufacture

exactly, for the amount of gun jesus i've been watching i can see these easily being on a forgotten weapons episode in 20 years time

They're tough to sell. All the reviews say they run fine, but they feel cheap with all the plastic, and apparently the sights suck.

This is all based off of what I've read online. Now that they're going sub 900, I really want one so I can finally have a Piston 556.

Beretta may be trying to clear old stock while they are developing a product improved variant. IMO it's a solid AR-18-a-like but is hampered by the bulkiness, the stock, and the ugliness- but mods can alleviate some of that.
Definitely a better option than the CZ or shelling 2g+ on an ACR or SCAR-L (although I'd rather a AUG A3M1)

My guess is either Beretta develops an improved variant or drops it entirely. I'm hoping on the former - these have not replaced the AR 70/90 or the SCS 70/90 in Italian service fully - or even more than by 1/4 - with only ~30,000 delivered, they are primarily going to the various special forces units, Marines and Para's (where it still has to face M4 variants and the excellent SCS 70/90) and the Italian Army has made it clear they want a product improved variant - with better stock, MLOK, and further ergonomic and weight improvements

The things honestly feel like cheap airsoft guns. I own several Berettas and dropped the cash on a CX4 carbine but the ARX feels like a fucking whiffleball bat in hand. Shit sights and a cast A2 pattern integral grip don't help it either. Also the stock folding mechanism seems like the flimsiest piece of shit imaginable.

>weight improvements
It's already like 6 pounds, the fuck do they want from it?

I've fired one - IMO they are in many regards underrated - but the stock could be ALOT better (the SCAR and ACR stock beat it by a wide margin), the handguard is fat, the rifle feels tall, and the grip that covers the Grenade Launcher mount is ugly and unergonomic and should be replaced by the beretta rail with something like a foregrip on it.

That said - fully ambidextrous and every control ever is within reach of your firing hand - bolt catch/release, mag release. The selector, although short and low profile, is in a perfect spot for your thumb and has a 90 degree throw. The charging handle easily swaps to either side on the fly and you can switch from right to left handed ejection in seconds by pressing a button with a bullet tip. You are stuck with an A2 grip so get used to it - I don't mind it but YMMV. Trigger is decent for a military trigger, I haven't looked into the aftermarket but it's slightly above stock AR triggers anyway.
Sights are meh to shit tier backups - IMO you would be better off swapping to something lighter like MBUS.
If you get one there is a pin needed for the top rail which has a very slight amoung of play - new ones come with it installed but if you run into one without Beretta will ship you the pin and instructions.
The gun is generally ~2 MOA with surplus/Milspec 5.56 but will shoot better with high quality ammo.

TLDR it's a solid buy, is probably going to skyrocket in price if Beretta doesn't come out with an improved version that redoes the aetshetics, and even then it can easily be sold for 2.5k come the next gun panic

>It's already like 6 pounds, the fuck do they want from it?
It's still bulky for what it is, compared to the svelte SCS 70/90 and the M4

Bulky, maybe, but a lighter than 6lb 5.56x45mm assault rifle is a tall order and also pointless.

It's really hard to pass this one up at this pricing, this gun has minor aesthetic issues, but some excellent ergo's. I'm about to jump on this

I think the Italians wanted more modularity in the form of a smaller handguard with MLOK, as well as a stock more in line with what the SCAR provides. I think they have soured on the Beretta grenade launcher as well and are opting on either new manufacture short barrel railed M203's or the HK or FN launchers.
Basically they want slightly smaller and more modular but with the same weight

6lb plastic folding stock NATO spec piston AR-18 with every control accessible from the firing hand withoug breaking grip.
Under $900 dollars

BUY IT NOW

OP here, going over in the morning. None of you fuckers better get it before me

It's under 900 almost all the time, chill out.

Italian General to Beretta: Build my army a new AR, light, handy and ergonomic like the old M-1 Carbine but w/ modern jazz stuck on it!"
Beretta: "Yes Sir!"

Attached: Beretta-ARX100-33[1].jpg (1200x467, 58K)

It looks like HR Gieger designed it

Attached: giger251[1].jpg (768x1024, 447K)

What areas could you trim down to slim the rifle down without hurting the essential areas.

On what planet? Here innadesert I can’t find one for less than $1300. If there was an Academy in AZ I’d be driving there now