All triggers should break at less than 4 lbf, should be single action, and should have no discernable creep

All triggers should break at less than 4 lbf, should be single action, and should have no discernable creep.

>but muh accidental discharges
If avoiding an accidental discharge is a higher priority to you than a well placed shot, then why would you even carry a gun in the first place?

Attached: trigger.jpg (2048x1536, 1.36M)

If you can't into shot placement with a good double-action trigger, why would you even carry a gun in the first place?

Drawing a pistol from a holster in a panic situation where you might be fighting the person with your offhand is a little differe t than plinking at the range.

>requiring a single action trigger with

>good double-action trigger
A contradiction in terms.
>why would you even carry a gun in the first place?
To win the fight.
I agree. At the range, a heavy, creepy trigger is a nuisance. In a fight, it can cost you your life.
Sure, it's possible to be accurate even with a crummy trigger, but why would you make your task harder than it has to be? That would be like running a race with a 50 lbs sack on your back.

Your just bait posting now or retarted

>I've completely lost the argument, so I have to resort to childish insults and questioning the other side's sincerity.

>I agree. At the range, a heavy, creepy trigger is a nuisance. In a fight, it can cost you your life.

Something tells me you have never experienced a true fight or flight adrenaline dump. You aren't even going notice an 8lb trigger pull. And a 4lb trigger will feel like a 0.5lb trigger.

>Something tells me you have never experienced a true fight or flight adrenaline dump.
And you have?
>You aren't even going notice an 8lb trigger pull. And a 4lb trigger will feel like a 0.5lb trigger.
The point is not whether you notice it. The point is whether you hit. The more force you have to apply to fire a gun, the more likely you are to miss.

Trigger pull does not matter unless it's something ridiculous like a nagant. I recommend practicing more instead, you should be able to pick up a Glock and shoot it 90% as well as a nice 1911

>Trigger pull does not matter
Yes, it does. There's a reason light, crisp triggers are used in all applications requiring accuracy.
>I recommend practicing more instead
False dichotomy. We should practice more AND use the best triggers we can.
>Glock and shoot it 90% as well as a nice 1911
90% is not enough.

>4lb break
Ew. Maybe I use surplus too much, but I absolutely hate hair triggers.
>no discernible creep
That I can agree with. Creep is annoying as hell. A nice clean break is great.

>And you have?
Yes, I have. Your fine motor skills go to shit.

4 lbs is a maximum. My rifle triggers are around 2 lbs, and I know people who use triggers measured in ounces, not lbs.
Where and when?

how weak are you?

How inaccurate are you?

Attached: come fight me.gif (3597x2408, 2.72M)

Why would I want to share my stories with you? It doesn't matter what I say, you won't believe it. You mind is clearly set in the idea a hair trigher is best. So carry a fucking hair trigger. I don't give a fuck. I'll carry the trigger I like, and you shoot yourself in the thigh.

Then stop wasting your time here and go convince some of the thousands of armed professionals, media personalities, and shooting instructors who would choose a striker fired pistol that their approach to selecting a pistol is wrong. They steer the ship of what consumers are looking for and what manufacturers produce

>gif
Sure thing grandpa, should I look for a senior friendly range?

you should hit the gym, pussyboi.

>>everyone else is doing it!
Not an argument.

>A contradiction in terms.
My 1960's Model 10 disagrees.

That being said, I agree a hair trigger is unnecessary and generally a poor idea for a carry piece.
I just dislike the appeal to popularity.

t. safety Sally who cares more about safety than winning the fight.
>convince shills not to shill for a bajillion dollar industry
Still better in single action.

To think I would bother arguing this with you.

Call a man a fool, then he may well be one. Call everyone a fool, and you're the fool

t. lemming

>They steer the ship of what consumers are looking for and what manufacturers produce

Can't into reading comprehension?

It's manufactured demand. Consumers buy shitty triggers because they don't know better and can get away with it since most of them will NEVER be in a gunfight.

Beta boy who is afraid of a trigger pull over 4lb. Eat some fucking protein, noodle arms.

I'm not afraid of weight. I'm afraid of missed shots.

>gun owners are never picky or selective based on minor differences in features (such as trigger "feel") of weapons that all do the exact same job

Yeah fuck right off my dick

>weapons that all do the exact same job
They don't. You cannot be as accurate with a bad trigger as with a good one. You just can't.

Absolutely 100% false you complete idiot. If the sights don't move when the trigger breaks that's all that matters, no matter how the trigger feels

And you conceded on the point I was actually replying to; just pointing that out

I would agree with you if we were talking about a gun in a machine rest, but we are not. We are talking about a gun fired with a human hand. Even the best marksmen cock the hammer whenever they can.
No, I didn't. There is a right way and a wrong way to build a trigger. Manufacturers used to know this. I don't care how many brainwashed safety Sallys and advertising shills say otherwise.

I got a double action S&W 3952 from my grandpa when he died. I used to hate the double action only trigger but I took it as a challenge to get good with it. Now I can shoot it as well as any other pistol. I practiced hundreds of dry fires with snap caps as well as shooting at the range.

>Now I can shoot it as well as any other pistol
No, you can't. You may be able to shoot a double action better than I can shoot a single action, but you cannot shoot a double action better than you can shoot a single action.

And everything I said still stands. We're done here

>Everyone should conform to my preferences
Fuck yourself.

It's not a preference. It's ergonomics. A good trigger is more conducive to accuracy, which is more conducive to winning the fight. These are objective facts. Preference has nothing to do with it.

Its all about being used to the trigger. When you know exactly when it will break it doesnt affect your aim. Training is more important than what gun you have. If you rely on your gear to improve your results you will always suck.

Just like the retards at the range who shoot $2,000 AR-15s with 3lb triggers that cost $300 at 15 yards and shoot worse groups than me with a double action only pistol.

False dichotomy. You need good training AND the right tool for the job. No amount of gear can overcome human error, and no amount of training can overcome the wrong tool for the job.

>"More than 4lbs trigger is the wrong tool for the job"
>Begging the question this hard.

>no amount of training can overcome the wrong tool for the job
>wrong tool being every pistol with a trigger over 4lbs, which no one has ever prevailed in a fight with, due to their TRAINING with the weapon

You really are a retarded motherfucker

There was never any argument to be had. You aren't here for debate, you're here to start a (you) farm

>There's a reason light, crisp triggers are used in all applications requiring accuracy.
Yes, because when a 14lb gun sitting on a bench needs to hit a target at 800 yards with custom tailored ammo, the shooter is trying to remove as much error as possible because every .010" counts. Same for bullseye shooting. Doesn't apply at defensive ranges when the target is 12", likely moving and when multiple shots will be fired no matter what. I'm sorry you have the hand strength of sea cucumber

A rifle has 3 points of contact, doesn't go in or out of a holster and isn't carried on you 24/7, nevermind the potentially grappling with a rifle. Actual manufacturers, instructors and professionals disagree with you

>Actual manufacturers, instructors and professionals disagree with you
No, they don't. They just say otherwise because they are afraid of product liability lawsuits.

And?

Attached: 32s&w_2000yds.jpg (890x1085, 134K)

The shills shill for boutique triggers retard

>I know people who use triggers measured in ounces, not lbs.
And that's how I know you're full of shit. Semi-auto triggers under a pound can be tripped by the force of the action.

What's more important: hitting the target when your trophy is on the line, or hitting the target when your life is on the line? We should demand that our defensive guns be MORE accurate than our target guns, not less.
It is. Nobody denies that a 4lbf trigger is more accurate than a NYC trigger.
If you'd had a proper trigger, they'd all be in the X ring.
Where did I say semi auto?

Fp always bp. If you cant accurately use a heavy trigger, then you have zero right to talk about trigger pulls.
Cocked and locked single action is best carry anyway though.

>T. Thirteen pound trigger pull and still got just below the neck from 8 feet away

Attached: Snapchat-432200713.jpg (1920x1080, 994K)

I'm not saying you have to buy an aftermarket trigger. What I am saying is that manufacturers should make better triggers than they do.

How about you just learn how to use a double action trigger like millions of other people have for decades and decades, you retarded little shit.

>Fp always bp. If you cant accurately use a heavy trigger, then you have zero right to talk about trigger pulls.
Ad hominem fallacy. Nothing about me has any relevance to the truth of my statements.
>Cocked and locked single action is best carry anyway though.
I agree.

>T. Thirteen pound trigger pull and still got just below the neck from 8 feet away
>still
Your use of this word is a tacit admission of my point, which is that lighter triggers make the marksman's job easier.

Why should I change just because manufacturers are unwilling to make the best weapons possible?

Olympic rifles have 1.2lb triggers you goon. For some reason, I don't think your homeboys are better than Olympic level. Go spread bullshit somewhere else.

>Olympic rifles have 1.2lb triggers
That just proves my point. Light trigger pulls are a good thing.

just go buy yourself a $200 custom trigger, faggot.

For a fragile rifle that has to work once in a controlled environment.

I agree. ADs are not even concern if you have a manual safety.

Oh, I have, but I try to avoid doing that whenever possible by buying the lightest trigger guns I can find.

What is your point? That every gun should have a 1lb trigger?

Light triggers are no more fragile than heavy ones.

Wrong.

Alright, I've had enough of this bait.

Citation needed.

You made the claim that they are not more fragile, you provide proof, faggot.

It's not bait. I sincerely believe it. If you can prove me wrong, then do so. If all you want to do is make childish insults, then you can leave this thread.

Yeah, no, there are fucktons of people killing people with pistols whose trigger pulls range from 5.5 to 13 lbs. It's not a high priority and it's not going to cause you to lose a fight. Race guns and fighting guns aren't the same guns.

I wasn't even referring to the trigger when I initially said fragile, he jumped on it. Which is why I know this is bait. A drop from like 3 feet will fuck one of those rifles.

My match trigger in my Remington 700 needs spring replacements every 100 or so rounds to maintain it's precision.
This individual has no real experience with precision rifle equipment.

You implied that they are in this post.

I've carried a Timney trigger rifle all over the countryside on hikes and hunts. Never had a problem with it. If you have any reason as to why the factory couldn't have put a 2lb trigger in my rifle to begin with, then we're listening.

>I've carried a Timney trigger rifle all over the countryside on hikes and hunts.
I want to play this game too, proof faggot.

>My match trigger in my Remington 700 needs spring replacements every 100 or so rounds to maintain it's precision.
Tell me the manufacturer of that trigger. I am going to call the manufacturer and ask them, because I don't believe you.
>there are fucktons of people killing people with pistols whose trigger pulls range from 5.5 to 13 lbs
And most of those people shoot all over the place. They hit with only a fraction of their shots.

>Race guns and fighting guns aren't the same guns.
Why shouldn't they be? Speed and accuracy of the design criteria of a race gun. Are speed and accuracy not extremely important in a weapon?

>>My match trigger in my Remington 700 needs spring replacements every 100 or so rounds to maintain it's precision.
>Tell me the manufacturer of that trigger. I am going to call the manufacturer and ask them, because I don't believe you.
Triggertech Diamond. Fucking call em.

I don't have to prove anything to you. You came into my thread saying that light triggers are fragile, and you repeatedly refuse to provide any evidence of that assertion.

>Afraid of giving instructions that will lead to nds

Wow, those bastards

>And most of those people shoot all over the place. They hit with only a fraction of their shots.
I'm sure the trigger is the only factor there.

You're just digging the "never been in an actual gunfight" hole even deeper.

>they hit all over the place

Maybe with cops in some scenarios, plenty of good shots made by cops and military personnel with handgubs, though. Has nothing to do with trigger pull and everything to do with training and how you react to fight or flight impulses.

Speaking of training, judging by your groups you need more of it.

No, I said Olympic rifles are fragile. YOU took that to mean the triggers are fragile.

Youre a fucking retard desu

Attached: 20180517_120135-2268x3024.jpg (2268x3024, 2.44M)

>I'm sure the trigger is the only factor there.
I never said it was the only factor. I said that a light trigger is an aid to accuracy. You came in a said that people still kill each other with heavy triggers, which is true but irrelevant.
I'm not the one who posted the pictures of groups.
Maybe I am, but my statement about triggers is still correct.

>killing non-venomous snakes

Shitheel.

baby hands

>My match trigger in my Remington 700 needs spring replacements every 100 or so rounds to maintain it's precision.
No it doesn't, you're just a fool with too much money and not enough sense. I bet you get five hundred dollars in additional service charges every time you change your oil.

>A contradiction in terms.
In your worthless, uninformed opinion. Double action triggers are merely different, and require different technique. That is all.

You're a tard. You've never carried any gun in a truly austere environment much less used one in defense of your life.

You're the equivalent of a 3-gun amateur who thinks he's some kind of badass gunfighter.

The springs are $5. I do the replacement myself and measure the weight and pull distance after every 15 rounds. After about 100 pull is increased by around 1mm.

It's not my opinion. It's a fact. Double action triggers make it more difficult for a human hand to fire without moving the sights. That's a fact. Even extremely skilled shooters prefer to cock the hammer whenever they can.

But you don't always get that option, which is why they exist in the first place.

Do you think you get to ask your enemy nicely to hold still while you get a perfect shot alignment ready?

>You're a tard
Suppose I am. If a retarded man tells you that 2+2=4, is he wrong because he's a retard? No, he's still right, even if he is a retard. A statement is true (or false) regardless of whose mouth it comes out of.

I'm right. You know I'm right, but you don't want to admit it, so you try to change the subject by insulting me.

I would have let it live but it would not let me leave the house without coming at me and it bit my dog.

>i think something is bad and cannot use it properly, therefore no one else should like it or use it

Attached: 20180616_203031-3024x2268.jpg (3024x2268, 1.48M)

>i think something is bad and cannot use it properly, therefore no one else should like it or use it
It's not about what I think. You cannot shoot as accurately and easily with a heavy trigger as you can with a light trigger. Why hold yourself back by using inferior equipment?

Its not about inferior equipment, its about what best suits your needs. If that were the case, why have lever actions and revolvers anymore? Why wouldnt every one have semi autos only?

Not to mention, there is an immense sense of accomplishment from learning to accurately fire double action. It makes the skill of learning and shooting more enjoyable.

Any asshole can master single action, but it takes a true perfectionist to master the heavy trigger

Attached: 20180521_182105-2268x3024-2268x1701.jpg (2268x1701, 898K)

That isn't necessarily the case. Trigger feel and weight is about preference. Many precision shooters like to feel a slight weight on the trigger before it breaks as it allows them to know exactly when the trigger will break.

Will you shoot better with a 3lb Timney than with a NYC Glock? Duh.
Will you shoot better with a 3lb vs a 4lb In a real combat scenario? Not necessarily.
When stressed out, you will have less trigger control, nullifying the benefits of a match trigger in many cases and that's from experience. I've seen guys who can shoot within the tolerances of the M4 on paper but in actual combat, can't hit shit. There's just more to it than a trigger.

Also, a light trigger also leads to the risk of an ND if bumped, moved, or started. Also shit you'll have to deal with if shit goes south.

What knife is that?
I have one i found in my papaws old war chest when i was little

Not the guy, but it's a WW2 drop knife. They gave them to airborne to cut their parachute strings.

Is there a name for it though besides drop knife?