First Gun, did I do well?

Jow Forumsack here,
Seeing how things are going in America we may actually need these funs to water the tree of Liberty some day soon (in minecraft). My next purchase will either be an AR15 or a some form of .308
Which do you recommend for freedom?
Sorry for not getting the whole gun in the shot.
I'm not very tall :3

Attached: MarlinM60.jpg (2732x2060, 468K)

Other urls found in this thread:

magpul.com/products/x-22-backpacker-stock-ruger-10-22-takedown
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, Mr. Whiskers, nice .22. Now what did you do with the rest of my wallet.

>Now what did you do with the rest of my wallet.
1000 round brick of .22lr and wet food.

I quite enjoy my Marlin. My Model 60 is a slightly different version than yours it appears (the charging handle is differently shaped), but I absolutely love mine. I ended up getting a 2x-6x scope for the dovetail on the top and I can just rail a popper at over 50 yards all day long with it.

>Jow Forumsack here
Git and kys

Fuck off, Jow Forumssky

Attached: 1529704490004.jpg (900x652, 88K)

Terribly. You should have gotten an SKS or some variety of AK.

Bump, just for you nigger

Lol what are you people? Some kind of faggot?
I want to get an SKS, but I'm not too keen on the clip bullshit. Should I just get an AK?
Thanks bro.
These newer marlins are pretty sweet. It came with a QR code next to the serial number. I'm not gonna share my serial on Jow Forums but I got dub trips. I was really pleased with that. MNDUBSTRIPSA
Pretty happy with that.

Attached: 1529793303230.jpg (514x382, 27K)

Cat feet are so cute. They look like they walked though white paint.

Attached: 1523994961697.png (800x800, 626K)

Couple things. Model 60s tend to like to run dry. Wipe it down after you oil it.
When you go to reinstall the recoil spring do so slowly as to avoid bending it.

>I want to get an SKS, but I'm not too keen on the clip bullshit.
Stripper clips are fun, it grows on you. Take the plunge and get an SKS.

Thanks! I watched some videos about the M60 before buying and they said the same. Still couldn't help giving it a tiny bit of oil after the first trip to the range. I'll resist the temptation to oil it again for a long while. How many rounds should I send through it before I should clean it? It seems like a gun you can shoot a really long time before taking it apart.

Jews not welcome on Jow Forums

kek

Attached: A29914BB-FEA5-4A4B-B70F-C61D41010315.jpg (4032x3024, 2.48M)

>How many rounds should I send through it before I should clean it?
I usually do it after each range trip regardless. I pretty much only shoot Federal Auto Match through mine. Federal says its optimized for semi autos and it definitely will shoot through a box of 325 rounds without a hiccup but hollow points seem to fail to feed once it gets a bit dirty.

I don't mind though. Fed auto match is among the cheapest available and my gun shoots it minute of squirrel head at 25 yards offhand which is all I need.

what stock is that?

magpul.com/products/x-22-backpacker-stock-ruger-10-22-takedown
Just got the front optic mount (also magpul) and the romeo5 for it this week.

That's fukkin sexy. Still got a thing for regular wood stocks though.

A fast reload with a stripper clip is one of life's truest simple pleasures

Stripper clips are Unironically the only reason I would get an SKS

Yes they are faggot, no Uzi for you.

As a Jow Forumsack and Jow Forumsommando this is my greatest dilemma: I fucking hate Jews but love Israeli weapons.

Attached: 1529744878695.jpg (480x213, 20K)

Depends, does it have the old mag tube or the cucked up tube?

>front paws instead of rear for the shitpost
Adequate, but not well done.

>AR15 or a some form of .308
Would probably pick up an AR15 next just because I think it is a basic building block of any collection.

Eat shit, fags.

What's the serial number? First two digits minus 2000 equals year of production...

> round charging handle and last shot hold open
It's the "low capacity" version...

Those are my back paws, how do you think I held the camera, faggot?
My tube is cucked up, (holds 14 but I can fit 15)
It is "low capacity" but it has last shot hold open so I don't know what you're talking about.

Oh nvm you're saying it does. Kind of sucks it doesn't hold 18 but it's still insanely accurate and is easier to wield for a cat.

get owned

I was gonna get mad at you but then I saw kittypaws.
You are forgiven.

Jow Forumstards are OK by me.

Lol

Attached: 1529615532244.jpg (266x190, 16K)

>"pol is bad!"

Imagine being this much of a basic bitch

Attached: 1529759811015.jpg (359x347, 28K)

Yeah this honestly, it sounds nice on paper and then they subvert you

get out suebi

Excellent choice. Next get a handgun to ccw, then a shotgun to hunt and defend your home with, THEN a centerfire rifle. Don't waste your money on an AR - 99% of the entire .22 caliber family is either a meme, impossible to obtain, or has extremely specific niche uses (coyote hunting, prairie dog vaporizing) except for .22lr/long/short/mag, .270, and possibly .243. You're on the right track looking to the .30/6mm family for a good rifle. Most thirties have very good ballistic coefficients and are extremely common... .308, .30-06, .357, .30-30, 7.62x39, 9mm, etc can be found at practically every ammo store and can be handloaded to fit a multitude of roles VERY well. Same goes for fourties but the fourty family is kinda all-or-nothing and are either heavy close up sluggers or extreme long range thermonuclear antimaterial hypersonic berfuckulators like .408 cheytac and that crazy cali legal barrett cartridge .416 or whatever.

Stripper clips are fucking rad. I like them better than regular mags.

A .22 rifle is always a fine place to start in order to learn the basics. That's where I started, and although I've since determined that I personally like bolt-actions more I never regretted starting on rimfire.

Great to learn basic marksmanship. EZ on the wallet, lots of places to shoot it and if you fuck something up you're not out much money.

As for the Mod. 60, ehh I did briefly own one but didn't much care for it. I don't like Marlin sights and I'm not crazy about the tube feeding system. For this reason I liked the Mod. 795 better, but the 60 is more common. They have been around forever and you do have a lot of parts/accessories to draw on if you want to modify or need to fix something.

In any case, it's a .22 rifle so it doesn't matter all that much which one you get since you probably won't be fighting with it. If you enjoy the way it's configured, so much the better.

>My next purchase will either be an AR15 or a some form of .308
>Which do you recommend for freedom?
Well, if you want it to be a freedom/liberty/defense/SHTF/bug-in/bug-out fighting rifle it really should be semi-automatic. You can get a bolt-action but you are going to put yourself behind the curve substantially in doing so. Sure, it'll be a little easier to maintain and maybe you can try to leverage some sneeki-breeki tactics to avoid the downside of the lower rate of fire, but if you have to fight with a gun you don't always have the luxury of knowing or choosing under what conditions you're stuck using it. You don't really lose much by going semi-auto except maybe accuracy at range (since a bolt-action can often deliver more accuracy per dollar) but a basic AR can give you all the practical accuracy you really need. Might be hard to connect past 300-400yd, but that's rare and at that range you probably shouldn't engage at all.

So for that reason I'd go with an AR. You seem like a poorfag so I recommend a basic PSA build kit in 5.56.

Attached: retro_m4gery.jpg (2560x1536, 821K)

>Why 5.56?
>Why not .300blk or .224 Valyrie or 6.5 Snowflake?
Stick with what's cheap, available and proven. 5.56mm kits, parts, upgrades, magazines and ammo are widely available.

Even if some new meme caliber is slightly better in one way or another, it isn't going to be better enough to make up for the advantage in cost and convenience that the existing and established calibers have. At least until your shooting is good enough to run into the limitations associated with that caliber.

This goes for 5.56, but it also goes for .308, 12ga and pistol calibers like 9mm. Stick to what works.
>What about battle rifles?
One interesting option for a fighting rifle is to split the difference between an intermediate-caliber sporter (be it an AR-15 or AK variant or something else like a Mini-14) and a more long-range option in a full-size caliber like .30-06 and .308 by getting a semi-auto rifle in the big caliber. Typically a .308 (or 7.62 NATO, there is a degree of cross-compatibility between the two).

It means if you're fighting at closer ranges it's still semi-automatic and magazine fed, but it can also reach out to longer ranges as well.

But you do have to consider the drawbacks, They are heavy, the ammo is twice as heavy, the range and power will still probably not be necessary (although it is certainly nice to have), the gun and ammo is more expensive, there is more recoil and due to that recoil it is harder to learn how to shoot such a rifle well.

If you decide that option is interesting, I recommend looking into a PTR-91, which is a civilian version of the German H&K G3 rifle. It is relatively inexpensive (although still around $1,000), balls-reliable and capable of good accuracy. The ergonomics do leave something to be desired however.

The other option that stands out would be an AR-10. It's basically an AR-15 scaled up to .308 (or rather the 15 is a scaled down 10, but it became more common).

Attached: ptr-91.jpg (474x106, 4K)

>I want to get an SKS, but I'm not too keen on the clip bullshit. Should I just get an AK?
If you want to go that route definitely get an AK.
People kind of go one way or the other when it comes to opinions on 7.62x39mm, but it is an established and readily available caliber. Likewise standard 7.62x39mm AK magazines are abundant and cheap.

Trouble is, what with import restrictions added under Obama and conveniently not removed by Trump all the cheap but decent foreign-made AKs dried up. Nowadays you're stuck with American-made ones which are actually quite awful, because they try to make them too cheaply and under-estimate what it takes to make one that doesn't pound itself apart or blow up and kill you after a couple thousand rounds.

In other words, you're stuck shopping around for used ones to get a good deal or paying out the ass for a premium build. The prices have gone up sharply, so it starts to make the AR-15 or even a battle rifle a more attractive option in comparison.

Attached: zastava_npap.jpg (640x383, 42K)

im 2% jew, can i stay?

Faggot mods deleting posts

Attached: 1465369979636.jpg (500x500, 34K)

>My next purchase will either be an AR15 or a some form of .308
get a handgun too m8

>refugee from another board wants to get into the gun Jow Forumsulture
>git and kys
Nah you kys faggot retard.

I'ts only acceptable to post that when they are actively shilling politics retard.