/OIF/ Operation Iraqi Freedom

Who was in OIF here? What unit were you with? What MOS? What part of Iraq and when? I know a few years ago there were multiple OIF trips on Jow Forums. Post some pics and share some stories. Cheers

Attached: Baghdad IZ.jpg (700x411, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8qBNml_sSVo
google.com/amp/s/www.army.mil/article-amp/35121/paratrooper_makes_first_jump_with_1_82nd_airborne_in_iraq
twitter.com/AnonBabble

another not "gun related" thread on /k?

Attached: USS-Liberty.jpg (779x550, 118K)

>>>>>>>/reddit/

Attached: 1493863635608.jpg (600x887, 51K)

And were is OP going to post? in /war?

how accurate was this show, if anybody here took part in the actual invasion?

Attached: stay_frosty.jpg (840x420, 79K)

I was in Um Qasr, Talil and Mosul. I was an MP. Got mortared a lot and jacked off in porta shitters.

Just found out yesterday my boss was with 2nd recon. He actually had a small part in the book. He says it was pretty accurate.

The closest kino there is for OIF/OEF feels besides documentaries like Restrepo. It captures the raw essence of an all male infantry unit very well

Attached: Hunter S Pepe.png (318x317, 47K)

Everyone jacked off in porta shitters bud

Why make that distinction? Are there infantry units with females?

fuck off shitskin

It wasn't a distinction it was just an observation. And yes certain nations possibly even American have female "infantry"

I’ve never served, but I’d imagine the hardest part of returning to civilian life is finding the willpower to not jack off in porta shitters anymore.

I never served either and I still can't stop myself

What are the mechanics of this even??? Like do you sit down on the seat and do it? I've tried that on my toilet and it fucking SUCKS.

You shit,jerk while your shitting, turn around when you're done and boom. Put your gear back on and go about your business. 140 degree piss smelled shit/jerk session. Put the most shameful of brap posters to rest

Attached: SadPepe.png (1092x1037, 65K)

Attached: 1520810566339.png (500x533, 360K)

>all us soldiers are sheep dying for israiel and deserve no sympathy
>remember the liberty so sad all our troops died :(

I remember turning wrenches a lot.
Going out on convoys was a relief, there was a 70% chance I got to just take a break and drive a wrecker.

Attached: 1519542978485.jpg (516x513, 93K)

Pure Garbage.

as an arizonan and veteran of many portashitters I wasnt even prepared to imagine the horror of this

Attached: 1513369733068.jpg (207x244, 8K)

Man one time I had to shit so bad my lower back was hurting and I ran in to the porta shitter and a mound of shit was just sticking out of the hole because there were way to many people to shitter ratio. Fucking image haunts my dreams.

Also, we had a guy almost get kidnapped out the shitter in Iraq.

Anyone miss Iraq? I mean it was shit but all my problems seemed like a world away, one of my asshole NCOs got fucked up, and the stir fry was exceptional.

How do you OIF fags deal with the realization that you were pawns for the Jews?

Attached: 1529744295945.png (968x1184, 439K)

Seeing it got me a paid for bachelors and masters and I got to shoot at shit?

I’m cool.

Did you kill any sandniggers? i'm not opposed to that but you guys kind of did create the Refugee crisis that is destroying Europe. And a few of you killed based Ghadaffi so that's why Niggers are trying to boat to Italy every day.

Pretty sure most of the refugees were economic migrants not people from war zones

>but you guys kind of did create the Refugee crisis that is destroying Europe

this is what 12yr old Jow Forumsestinians actually believe

Attached: 1497648198024.jpg (906x647, 302K)

Fucking dumbest assessment of global politics I’ve seen in a long time

Attached: 5906B4FC-A0DA-4971-B434-D16523F0A7A7.jpg (438x409, 23K)

Shit boy, some of us have been back more recently.

Attached: IMG_2938.jpg (3264x2448, 2.49M)

Your taxes funded my bachelors degree and paid the re-up bonus I used to buy a motorcycle and bunch of guns. Got to see and do some cool shit too. So I'm pretty pleased with the situation and outcome.

Attached: IMG_2950.jpg (3264x2448, 1.11M)

Not many of them are actual refugees lad, though the wars certainly spurred mass membership in jihadi groups.

That's all hindsight, so get off your high horse. Best thing to do is discuss the war and how the entire thing was crafted by Dual Citizens, who continue to try and embroil us in wars

Balad three times, once with 3rd COSCOM, twice with 10th SFG(A).

Attached: IMG_0185.jpg (2592x1944, 3.17M)

>Reminder that all of the terror attacks in Europe were by citizens born in Europe, not refugees

Heeyyyyyy is that bakr village? Seen from the East gate? That farm belongs to my buddy Mohammed abdulsattar's family.

Because second(third/fourth) generation immigrants of Muslim families fail to integrate in society, become asocial and find shelter behind wahhabi teachings and salafist Mosques. Most of them get radicalized by re-connecting with their families' background/culture and seeing the "injustice" that is being done to their "fellow countrymen" in the Middle East.

This case-identity has been pretty much the follow label for most, if not all terrorist attacks in France.

Also there is a big difference between terror and terrorism you fucking brainlet.

Attached: 1528344328527.jpg (1996x2000, 1.27M)

No, it's from the southwest corner tower.

I was up along the northern border with Syria. Sinjar mountain region.
I know that feel bro, but more from 29 palms than Iraq. We spent most of our time outdoors.

It's almost like France treating non-French citizens as second-class created alienation for them.

Shoo Adolf, fuck off back to pol and let them have their thread.

doesn't matter much when Europe lets pretty much everyone in and any chump can become a citizen

Are you Iraqi?

>If we were nicer then nobody would want to attack us.

did things
shitposted about things

Literal victim blaming.

The only solution to the Muslim problem is genocide.

Not really. There are a fair bit of Muslims living in France, and thankfully not all of them are deciding to put the pedal to the metal and squash innocent people in 12 tonne trucks. It is the same principle behind school shootings (for example) in the US from a psychoanalytical standpoint. People get depressed/asocialized from society and they find refugee in extreme ideologies/religions which often results in instances such as this one. Some resort to religion, which then ends up in them being used as tools to pursue a fundamentalist goal, whereas others beat off to MLP and aim for the school shooter high-score so they get their moment in the spotlight.

It is more of a problem of the 21st century and Western society. This is why you have so many LARP nazis/commies. People end up resorting and going to extremes to feel as a part of something. Liberalism (not to be mistaken with current liberal political thought, talking about the Liberalist political theory) breeds such societal circumstances that generate a very strange atmosphere in society. Desocialization/depersonalization of individuals leads to people seeking shelter in extremes to feel as a part of something, to put it more simply.

Attached: 6d4bbea6a196508a49f8072e009ac46b734eeed205081b6df2eade361e32e89b.png (1920x1080, 3.4M)

>that pic

that's Pacific by Alex Colville, and it has actually been recreated in Heat

Attached: heat-alex-colville.jpg (506x214, 32K)

Is this the ZOGbot mercenary general? You all have some sort of PTSD or lost limbs, g-d willing

We killed and ate babies too. Shit's good.

Yes sir, I'm aware. Peak aesthetics.

Attached: SAS operativac tokom upada (2).png (615x466, 260K)

Oh. I thought that structure in the back was the water tower. Hard to see on phone. That tower is like a command post now and has had a ZSU sitting on top of some containers since spring 2015.

Hell no. I worked at balad as a mentor/advisor and QRF team lead from 2014-2017. Felt bad leaving my dog there, even if he was really mean and kinda strange.

Attached: IMG_2146.jpg (3264x2448, 2.45M)

Attached to infantry units maybe. And the marines had that LIONESS program, but that was basically a CA mission that sometimes borrowed infantry squads for security.

I most lifted weights and sweated. Then I'd beat off and complain about how stupid everyone who outranked me was.

I last did tower guard in 06, and my other two trips were in 08 and 09.

wait what the fuck is that, it looks cool

Attached: !hehe.png (986x797, 869K)

I think it's a mongoose.

That's cool. Military or contractor? I enlisted in 06' but my first trip to Iraq was 08-09 down in Baghdad.

His name is Alex and he's a pupper. Had autism I think. This next one is Kilo and he was a normal pupper.

Attached: IMG_2944.jpg (3264x2448, 2.36M)

Military.

Neat. I never got to see balad back then. One of my buddies TACP school was working at the ASOC and the way he'd describe it to those of us in the weeds over mIRC made it sound like heaven.

06 was when they first started laying down rocks everywhere, during the wet season the dust turned into a glue-like sludge. 08/09 I was in the SF compound. No Hat/No Salute zone, we had a gator and a Land Cruiser for running around. We had our own DFAC.

Going to the Green Bean with no patches and a Mk 23 drew a lot of jealousy.

Yeah well you wouldn't recognize it now. Iraqis let it go to total shit and the old SOF compound is a motor pool for the kataib hezbollah (one of the orgs that comprise the PMF's). In 15' we got back over to that side of the base and took over the old DOS compound and shooting range for training the Iraqi QRF but the militia guys were and are a constant problem. Mostly threatening the tower soldiers and stealing power from company owned generators.

The whole presence on the northern and western side of the base is almost nil for both the IA and sallyport. Besides that little outpost and the shooting range the only permenant presence On basically a third of the base is some IAF antonovs parked on the north end of the runway, the militia guys, and a drone trailer which is technically "Iraqi" but totally not owned by the IAF and nobody is allowed near it. Even after three years there it always felt like walking around a post apocalyptic movie set.

Wish I had some better pics on this phone. My old one is dead right now.

Attached: IMG_2315.jpg (3264x2448, 1.42M)

What do you guys think about OIF/OEF/War on Terror stuff being collected like WW2 and legitimate antiques?

Attached: oldgen_autism.jpg (1158x855, 117K)

it's understable, but honestly
>paying that much for LBT stuff
just group up with some friends and call them for a custom order, it'll be cheaper

lol the faggots collecting that shit are worse than weebs.

I don’t think they’ll fulfill orders of aor patterned stuff though

i'm pretty sure they do, but like Crye they have a minimum number of orders required before accepting to proceed

Europe did it to themselves by letting them in. No sympathy here.

82nd airborne, scania and Tal afar. Photo is from. Chess set in Baghdad

Attached: 39AA46AD-FFB2-42D4-891D-5681C66D5E05.jpg (453x604, 80K)

Other set

Attached: 977DE2D7-CAA4-4F44-B2B1-8B830142F72D.jpg (453x604, 91K)

Those prices are ridiculous but they're going to be legitimate antiques eventually. Won't stop their kids from pawning it off for a fraction of what they paid for it after they shuffled off to a nursing home though. Or just burning it cuz it's evil, right-wing imperialist crap.

>twin towers as rooks
Kek

Attached: 1519329131123.jpg (640x611, 42K)

Before Colbert showed his true colors and became a massive faggot

Attached: 13795700-AFB4-42FF-8CD2-B06B23F3B4A4.jpg (453x604, 69K)

This one time in Iraq I beat my dick so hard I almost died.
Then I came home and everyone thanked me for my service and gave me free applebees and shit.
War is hell...

>Actually thinks The Colbert Report was serious and not a blatant parody of Conservatives

Off topic but are there even any shows on mainstream tv, which I havent watched in like a decade, that is aimed at conservatives?

Seriously, this.

Attached: IMG_8517.jpg (3264x2448, 1.42M)

The entirety of Fox News.

The smell of the blue water/solution still gives me an erection, I'm not even going to lie.

Did I mention they made us jump into a UXO field in Al Assad? 82nd made us jump into a UXO field in Al Assad. Also lol 30 knot winds what could go wrong

Attached: 79A07C12-492F-457F-9CC4-07B19F93F7E9.jpg (720x540, 78K)

youtube.com/watch?v=8qBNml_sSVo

Last picture before smashing my face. It rained just before the drop making soft moon dust sand into rocky hard rape field. The Lt who went before me lost an eye.

Attached: E35F4A37-4501-4AA4-939A-EBF961B9D570.jpg (720x540, 47K)

what possible purpose could that jump serve?
who came up with this?

your mom is pure garbage

>The Lt who went before me lost an eye.

He/she are aware goggles were made for a reason right?

So they could say they did a combat jump.

10th Group did one, too.

Not enough we’re getting shot so they wanted to make sure everyone on rear detachment training for funeral detail didn’t go to waste

I traveled to Iraq when I was 18 on my own. Erbil is a fun city. Kirkuk was less fun.

Yeah sure.

Combat jump... no combat equipment, Hollywood style

LARP

You are literally look at photos of it. Your retard level is staggering

Attached: 99BCB038-90FD-46B0-A3E0-5FD135A089FB.jpg (604x453, 82K)

pure reddit faggotry in your post

Where’s the combat gear?

Faggot.

Where did I state anywhere that it was a combat jump? Learn to read before replying you cock monger

This is probably you, you fag.
Doing a faggot refresher jump. Acting likes a combat jump.

google.com/amp/s/www.army.mil/article-amp/35121/paratrooper_makes_first_jump_with_1_82nd_airborne_in_iraq

The migrants are responsible for greatly increased numbers crime across the board, especially those of violent and sexual assaults, rapes, and the like. Literally worse than American nigs because in the US there are at least self defense laws and an active police force.

The children of the migrants double down on the crime while also being the ones who commit acts of terrorism.

There is not one good thing that comes from Europe being flooded with migrants.

It’s a fucking OIF thread you dumb cuck.

Attached: B16A8577-C9E9-4E2F-BE37-8235E5D05B1C.gif (493x342, 393K)

Never change you 82nd fags. I laugh everyday as I drive by and you fags blast cadence on speakers on Ardennes.

OEF vets are still salty that for years their thunder got stolen by OIF, you have to keep that in mind. What's ironic is that America is trying so hard to forget that Iraq ever happened that in 30 years I'll be a veteran of a ferocious but forgotten war, like Korean vets.

Elaborate on the desocialization/deindividualization aspect. I agree but I’m curious and would like to see your examples.

Anything past 2008 for both Iraq and Afghanistan is just a LARP, faggot officers saving their asses with risk adversion.