I just buy a Luftwaffe Sword for 2€50 in a flea market

Did i just had the most incredible luck in a flea market ?

Just a typical day in a French flea market cherching for military artefact and stuff ,
I do my digs as usual when all of a sudden I pass in front of the stand of an old couple who apparently after listening discretly they empty a huge castle with a compagny and took some object to sell in this flea market and the rest in internet. I see a lot of decorative objects that are worth money but it does not interest me, all I'm looking for is the military. I do my research in cartons when my eyes stare on a compartment filled with canes and umbrella.I can't believe it. There a fucking Luftwaffe Sword hide in this shit. I take it and asked immediately its price (in my head I tell to myself that I would put 100 € to have it and certainly even more). The woman tells me her price: "2€50 the sword mister". Imagine my fucking reaction when she say it. I give her the money in a milisecond and return home with the biggest smile on my face.

Look at this beauty ,2 motherfucking euros 50. Still can't believe it.

Attached: IMG_20180624_195252.jpg (2336x4160, 2.9M)

Probably a replica or a phony desu. Don't mean to burst your bubble, but that kind of luck sounds too good to be true.

that blade looks way too fucking "glossy", you most likely got a very cheap replica wallhanger

Sorry Pierre, that is a replica.

The actual swords had blades that glossy. He might have gotten extremely lucky with a real deal Luftwaffe sword.

Is there a maker's mark anywhere?

Exactly user , look at image of this Sword in google image , the blade is in the exact same quality in every Sword of this type

Yes , there there a indentical serial number in the pommel and the scabbard. The blade is mark with something but can't read German right so I'm gonna take more photo

Attached: IMG_20180625_051757.jpg (2336x4160, 2.7M)

Ok user, I spent 3 summers in my early 40's working at a museum about 30 miles west of Dallas. During my time there I saw a few of these swords and spent a good amount of time with the hilts in my ass while my boss was away. If You hear a slight buzzing of aircraft upon insertion, you know you got a real one. Godspeed friend

Epic meme bro XD.

Let's be real here , Old leather like that can't be replicate, especially In that time period. It's 100% not a fake.

Attached: IMG_20180625_062216.jpg (4160x2336, 3.02M)

Keep telling yourself that lmfao

Reeee go back to Jow Forums!

These chinese repiclas are mass produced for 50 cents a piece

Not my fault if old people are so fucking stupid to not estimate the blade

>user it's a fake
>n-n-no it's not, old people are just stupid!
The absolute state of French thinking since the days of Descartes.

You seem pretty triggered user

What is it with air forces and anime swords?

Weebo love German stuff in secret so...

If you snap the blade and look at the cross section, you will see rings, (like a tree) showing many B-17s they chopped out the air with it.

Looks real enough, these swords were mass produced anyways so its really not *hugely* unlikely, especially as its in France, repros are more of an american thing.

Hit something suffiecntly hard with it. If it snaps, then it's just a cheap stainless steel replica.

It says:
F&A. Helbig
Gaefler
STEINBACH (Kr. M.)

Are there any Inscriptions on the hilt or scabbard?

Old leather is really easy to fake, but more important old leather becomes brittle if not oiled and that leather looks too pliable. The inscription look suspiciously amateurish as well but I'm not a sword expert so who knows. I do know a lot about 73 year old leather and while it could either be very thick (and brittle) leather that's holding together, I'm calling fake or at least replaced. Sword seems etter than BudK but the leather man, the leather. If it's soft and pliable it's fake, not to be confused with hard thick leather like on holsters and horse saddles.

If it was a horrifying Indian loose ass copy it would STILL be worth that pocket change. If it is the real thing then OP can trade it for a used car. I'll hope for OP being lucky because once in a long while such things should happen.

I'm sure OP paid more than he's claiming he did.

My buddy and I found a legit pre ww1 bavarian mauser bayonet in his spare room, the blade is in perfect condition because his grandfather oiled the blade and scabbard before forgetting he had it. Just because the blade is shiny doesn't mean it's a repro, whoever owned it could have just kept it well.

From the,markings you've shown us and the general quality it really does look genuine. Hold onto it, if it's real it will only go up in value.

Thats such a bad fake. Simple be looking at the blade its fake as fuck. Also the handle isnt leather, just some painted metal.

Attached: fake.jpg (3000x1148, 2.27M)

A lot of flea market vendors are fences for stolen shit. Burglars and thieves approach them and sell them shit, and the vendors don't give a shit if it's stolen or not as long as there's no blood on it or the cops don't come asking them any questions about it. That shit was probably stolen in a burglary. Keep it if you give zero shits, or go to a police station and ask them if any Nazi swords were taken in a burglary to get it back to its rightful owner.

>Luftwaffe Sword
This user is right, a quick Google check confirms the handle is supposed to be wrapped in leather not molded and painted to look as such. The engraving looks like it was done without a stencil. Huge castle my ass, more like Chinese factory to Eastern European gypsy scam artist.

Flea markets pay next to nothing for their goods and their prices tend to be nowhere near the risk of being caught with something stolen. A pawn store or ebay would be a far better fence.

Nice original sword

Attached: 1505503902771.png (1920x1080, 3.1M)

>Look at this beauty ,2 motherfucking euros 50. Still can't believe it.

Did you see the made in china stamp and phillips screw holding it all together too?

Are you OP by chance? You seem pretty convinced all these old people are wrong about it not being original.

>Are you OP
no

Attached: IMG_1520.jpg (980x735, 263K)

How do you explain the painted metal instead of genuine leather hilt (handle)? I'm not even claiming to know if they were made that way but others have said no.

>owning nazi memorabilia

Kys! The only good place for that shit is in a fucking furnace like the jews you cunts burned.

Attached: eatshit.jpg (400x505, 133K)

My dad also works at Nintendo.

its really fake sry... just the other day i found an old SS dagger, signed by Heinrich Himmler himself... Guess what fake as fuck... but an old fake from the 50s from spain... Its from a friend of mine his father was a german ww2 vet, but had nothing to do with the SS nor we dont know why he had it but still cool piece to show

>i found
>its from my friends dad, who was totally in the wehrmacht
Okay, Timmy, back to Call of Duty you go.

Well my stepdad was a Werwolf who served under Hitler in Argentina so is possible.

look i dont need to prove anything to anyone here, but here it goes, my firends father passed away 10 years ago was a german ex soldier who went to live to guess what yeah fokken Argentina, and married my friends mom here.

So here is the dagger, i say "i" found cause i have it now he gave it to me after we found out it was fake and his GF doesnt want "nazi" stuff on her place

Attached: varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpAO1U6e.jpg (2672x1503, 1.03M)

the top one is a 70s puma Weidblatt cool as fuck

Attached: ss.jpg (2672x1503, 708K)

You outta sell it at a French flea market for 100€.

plus i said it was a fucking fake, no the actual Heinrich Himmler marked dagger why is it so hard to believe?

last one for you bitchbois

Attached: varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphpxBcbHk.jpg (2672x1503, 715K)

That's very likely an original user, that patina would be difficult to replicate. Get it properly appraised though. Nobody here is an expert, so get a professional to look at it before you take anybody's advice from here.

>patina would be difficult to replicate
Wrong. Antiques being faked since forever.

>what is coated leather?
That's exactly what is in the picture dipshit, it's coated leather that has been worn down.

>how does chrome plating work?
The first step in decorative chrome plating is to apply a base layer of copper, that's exactly what you are seeing there.

Don't listen to this sour grapes cocksucker user, that is likely an original. Get it checked out by a professional appraiser.

>that patina would be difficult to replicate
Lmao just cover it in mustard and leave it out for a couple days. Or dip it in vinegar, dry, repeat.

I'm not saying it's absolutely a real one, but it's not an obvious fake like others are saying, so the user would be wise to get it professionally checked out.

Sure thing user, I'm sure that's exactly how they accomplished the 75 year old patina on this elaborate fake. I'm not an expert, but I've done enough research on my own, and have looked at plenty of known originals to know obvious fakes from real ones.

Is there next the engraved name a makers mark? How much does it weight? Two variants of the blade for the sword exists. A heavy nickel silver, neusilber called, typ and later a light aluminum typ one was produced.
Newsilver ones were polished and not chrome plated same goes for the mid late war aluminum ones.

Just look at the grip. Its clearly metal painted to look like leather, not actually leather. It's fake as fuck.

Fuck off

Attached: ChadCommie.jpg (1862x1048, 185K)

The risk of being caught selling stolen shit in a flea market is next to non-existent, at least in major population centers. Flea market vendors aren't the brightest, most forward-thinking individuals anyway.

Maybe its one of those frankenstein ones. Build together from various parts, some fake and some genuine ones.

Attached: whocanitbe9.png (300x315, 127K)