Backpacking in the rain

So over the weekend I went hiking and brought my rifle with me for the first time.

Five minutes into the hike, it starts raining fuckin sideways, completely soaking me and my rifle. I set up the tent and wiped everything off, but it was pretty damn moist for the rest of the trip.

Should I be worried about rust, or am I just being an overly careful faggot? The rifle was very thouroughly oiled before the hike, almost to the point of the water beading up and rolling off

Attached: 99C6DCA2-3DB7-4E84-9E1A-3A97041E0C9F.jpg (895x503, 42K)

If you're really concerned just spray everything metal with WD-40 (or brake cleaner, of the finish isn't paint), wipe it off, and re-oil.

People use boiling water to clean their guns all the time. As long as you dry and oil after you're all good. Now fuck off

*thumbs up*

Depends on finishes/materials, etc

What rifle?

ARs are virtually rust proof

>ARs are virtually rust proof
oh hahaha lolol ahhh hahahah
r u serius?

Stationed in Panama in the early 80s.

Shit will rust. Positive thing though is we got cocaine really cheap.

>People use boiling water to clean their guns all the time
best way

>aluminum, how does it work?

>aluminum,how does it work?
I love the aluminum barrel and aluminum springs of my space age AR.

It takes an insane amount of effort to get a milspec chromed barrel or stainless springs to rust.

Did you use the cocaine to absorb the rust?

>aluminum everything
>hard chromed barrel

ARs aren't afraid of a little rain.

>a milspec chromed barrel
They are not chromed on the outside. The manganese phosphate will not prevent rust if it goes dry. It needs to be constantly oiled. If you degrease it and apply an epoxy or enamel finish to the exterior then what you state becomes largely true.

Imagine being so autistic you have to nitpick like this as damage control because you said something fucking stupid.

Hes right faggot.

The outside of the barrel is not most of the gun. So no, he's not right samefag

OP, if you wanna take your rifle backpacking with you. that should be your choice, but why is my question. scared of animals? people? kek...skinwalkers?

Not OP but I live in griz country and do occasionally enjoy taking a rifle. Normally don't tho.

because why the fuck not ? do you hate freedom ?

>My tool got wet
>end of the world

Guns aren't delicate princesses made out of glass. Fucking dry it well, oil it, then put another tampon in your puss.

Fuck off and grow

There are tons of spots they rust on. Granted a lot of the parts won't but there are lots of spots and screws/pins that do and sights, around the gas block, I've seen it on barrels under the handguards, gas tube and spots it runs around and through into the reciever.
That was actually a different user. There are common spots on the barrels that end up rusting over time. I've even seen flat top receivers start to corrode too.
Coatings and stuff are not the be all end all of it, stuff gets scratched up. Some climates are worse on metal that others and spots like that could pick up problems easier.

tard

Shut up you insufferable douchebag. He asked a simple fucking question.

Attached: watch-out-weve-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg (600x400, 64K)

A good scrubbing and a light coat of oil will do it.

Whatever you say OP. Asking if your gun is fucked because it got wet is not thread material.

Looks like thread material to me faggot

Since when does corrosion on the OUTSIDE of the barrel do jack shit

>Needing to ask Jow Forums if water will make your gun rust

Top ten autism right there.