QTDDTOT

tntesales.com/16-dissipator-a2-upper-h-bar-profile-1x9-twist-chrome-lined/

Thoughts, /k?

Attached: 1529039883956.png (500x414, 143K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fgDQXGye53I
gunbroker.com/item/775433504
youtube.com/watch?v=VkLuhoVXSao
gunbroker.com/item/777268578
gunbroker.com/item/775072525
bondarms.com/bond-arms-handguns/bond-arms-california-legal-guns/brown-bear/
armslist.com/posts/8530326/frederick-maryland-antiques-for-sale--mauser-7x57
youtube.com/watch?v=BbDOt82oNTQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I was thinking it would be cool to have shells in a shotgun be stacked in a magazine that aligned with the barrel. Ammo capacity would grow so much. Cartridges would need to be rotated. But if the P90 or the G11 did it, so could this.
But then I realized weight would also increase as much. And there's not that much of a situation when you need more than the 6-8 shots you get from a normal tube magazine.
Don't know.
What do you think?

Attached: stacked shotgun.png (1466x299, 11K)

Would be a neat range toy, if nothing else. I would buy one if it worked properly, i.e. didn't jam every other shot

It would give an ammo capacity of 40+ for .410 for a standard 18 inch barrel. And that's for single stack. I guess jamming would be the main issue, having to rotate the cartridges that much doesn't sound good.

How much should i pay for a Mosin? Also is it a meme of do people actually like them?

I legitimately enjoy mine, regardless of the memes. They're going up in price, but I'm suspicious that its artificial inflation as theres still places to get them by the crate. Same with SKS'. I wouldn't normally pay more than 150 for it, unless its a Finnish m39 in which case id go up to around 300, give or take 50

If you don't buy it you'll miss not buying one. They're fun to shoot with and leaves a nice impression on your shoulder.

Anyone into black powder guns? If I buy one do I really need to worry about the heat in the gun and black powder? How often would it just go off by trying to load another shot? Assuming someone goes outdoors to shoot.

I know the lcp 2 is more of a pocket carry gun, but would anyone recommend a holster if I wanted to carry iwb?

Am I wrong for finding this hilarious?

youtube.com/watch?v=fgDQXGye53I

I got two questions
Would loading spent primers into shotshells be effective
And
Would loading live primers into shotshells be effective (as in would some of them go bang if they hit something)

primers contain significant energy. More than one would guess.

loading shotshells with live primers is just retarded. They're going to go off inside the barrel.

Used primers are very light and not aerodynamic. So they're not going to carry much energy at the muzzle and what little there is will drop off rapidly.

But I thought primers were contact explosives?
Unless contact explosives can be set off both by flame and contact while flame explosives can only be set off by flame and not contact

The problem with this, and really every box magazine fed shotgun, is that shotgun shells are rimmed, soft plastic sided things. To make a really great shotgun that feeds from a box magazine, you'd want proprietary, rimless, straight sided shells. And it's been done. But part of the appeal of a shotgun is that it can use all the shotgun ammunition out there, which you can't do with a proprietary loading. So they never catch on.

I really wish there was a standard rimless 12ga cartridge.

Attached: ras-124-300x300[1].jpg (300x300, 24K)

I bought an A2 upper from tnte on gunbroker and it still hasn't shipped in 2 months. Their customer service is nice but be prepared to wait a while for it

they're going to be contacting each other with enough force to ignite when the shell fires.

Maybe you could get away with it if you used a heavily cushioned wad and used buffer or wax with the primers. All it would take is that one time where a primer ignites and sets them all off.

Feel free to try it. Post results.

That pic screams Ralph from Ed, Edd, Eddie.

Attached: 1510087425427.jpg (717x729, 64K)

What do y'all think a complete Walther P1 slide should go for? I see stripped slides on gunbroker going from $35-60, but a complete one?

Attached: 1506872409234.png (250x250, 61K)

There's this picture I've been looking for that I can't find anywhere, and I guess it disappeared off my computer, but it's a smoking cowboy wearing a tan plate carrier, with a confederate flag patch on it, and a revolver in a kydex holster. Anybody have it?

How do you buy a gun from an individual from another state and have it shipped to your FFL? What's to stop someone from scamming and not sending the gun after they're paid?

You are right about the rim, although as long as the mechanism is well designed, taking the rim into account, it would work I think. The HMR 30 and CMR 30 feed .22 WMR very well, without failure.
You are right on the issue of soft walls, too, and not sure if that could be solved at all.

It's not a bad rifle. It's not a great rifle either, but it can handle any abuse you throw at it and they are accurate enough. 54R is a pretty good round too.

Is this a good price for wood furniture? I want to build a new AR with wood on it and this is really the only set I could find.
gunbroker.com/item/775433504

Attached: Screenshot_20180625-203818_Chrome.jpg (1439x1752, 493K)

Hello 2012

If you like it, buy it. Your rifle will be sexier.

>not sending the gun after they're paid
Nothing. That's why Gunbroker is so popular (seller feedback).

Well if it's the only set you can find and that's the asking price there is literally no better price

youtube.com/watch?v=VkLuhoVXSao
Then Fagpul bought them, so it never happened.

Attached: monolithP12-2.jpg (850x638, 99K)

Evil Roy's are pretty sweet. Dads buddy got one, pretty impressed. From what I have read on here, Cimarron has slightly higher quality control then the Uberti's.

Doing a stupid thing with my sks, recommend me a ~3x power scope with long eye relief that'll keep zero and not cost a gorillian dollars please.

It is fucking hilarious and ridiculous.

were in the fuck can I get a .710 lead ball mold?

make friends with a blacksmith that specializes in that shit or lurk ebay forever. I don't think anyone makes that size mold commercially anymore.

Never mind apparently a .715 ball mold with seve my purposes just fine (muzzleloading a shotshell shotgun)

How does a grip safety actually make a gun more safe? The only situation I can think of where it'd help is if someone sticks their finger in the trigger without gripping it. Seems pretty useless.

>only situation I can think of where it'd help is if someone sticks their finger in the trigger without gripping it
That's the whole point, it's meant to make sure that the gun doesn't go off when you're not holding it, intending to fire. This covers things like dropping it, the gun catching on something, things getting in the trigger guard that aren't your fingers, that kind of thing.

>dropping it
But that's what drop safeties are for
>gun catching on something
Yeah I guess that makes sense, if you're holstering it'd be more secure. Only good reason I can see for it to exist though.

Some old worn leather holsters can fold up inside the trigger guard and press the trigger when you holster the gun.

How much does shipping a gun across states usually? It's a bolt action rifle if that helps.

Attached: IMG_0225.jpg (583x577, 77K)

Let's say that you're some sort of huge hunk who can heft an M2 machine gun with relative ease. Could an AN/M3 be modified to be fired with a trigger? How much would it and 400 rounds of ammunition weigh?

Attached: 1122394482_991498a331.jpg (500x314, 48K)

If I wanted to suppress a .300blk, .308, a 9mm, .45 and .22 what combination of silencerco can should I get? I'm thinking Omega 300, octane 9, hybrid 46, and a warlock. Is there a better combo?

I just bought a Sub2000 in .40 and I need to know what ammo I should keep in it for maximum kill-deadening efficiency. I would like to use the Buffalo Bore +P loads but I'm not sure the gun could handle it.

Also criteria for ammo selection:
>Must have decent barrier penetration
>Decent bullet weight but as much speed as possible
>Good weight retention
>Expanding unless there's some ancient Chinese secret to .40 S&W frangible ammunition I don't know about
>Cycles reliably

Attached: 533458.jpg (880x660, 58K)

First, it's an important drop safety in some designs (especially the old 1911 (not 1911A1) with the long, solid trigger). In case of a muzzle-up drop (or any sharp impact to the butt of the gun), the heavy trigger's inertia can cause the trigger to pull itself; the grip safety prevents that. (Unless, of course, it lands right on the grip safety, activating itself -- but it's a lot safer than not.)
Second, it can help in cases where you drop a gun and the trigger catches on brush as it falls.
Third, some people like to shift grip before reholstering so that they're not holding the grip safety in; then if the holster folds into the trigger guard and snags the trigger it's two safeties (manual and grip) away from firing instead of one.

>But that's what drop safeties are for
Depends what sort of "drop safety" you're talking about, but a firing pin block is actuated by pulling the trigger, and thus can't protect you from the trigger pulling itself (muzzle-up drop). They generally protect you from muzzle-down drops; muzzle-up drops have to be addressed by reducing weight of moving trigger parts, by balancing weight above and below the pivot (for pivoting triggers) or by physically blocking the trigger from moving with some passive "safety" like the 1911's grip safety or the Glock trigger flap.
(Yes, the much-maligned trigger dingus's perfectly reasonable primary purpose is to prevent the trigger, trigger bar, and striker's collective inertia from carrying them to the rear and firing in case of a muzzle-up drop.)

Has anyone here ever bought from TNTE Sales? Are they really as slow as I've heard?

What does it sound like to have an APFSDS penetrator fly overhead?

The whistle of a bullet? A thundercrack from it breaking the soundbarrier? My dingdong needs to know

Attached: tonk.gif (613x341, 1.93M)

Let's say we're firing something along the lines of M829, a round made for the 120mm M256. with a V0 of roughly 1670 m/s. The round in essence, will be travelling at supersonic speeds. As you haven't specified the distance between you and the cannon muzzle, the distance that the projectile misses you with, and due to the fact I can't find ballistic data on the round. I'll propose a scenario where you are roughly 200m from the cannon barrel, the projectile misses you by a meter, and the projectile is still travelling at its v0 speed.

1. Tank gun shows visible smoke coming out of the barrel. (your brain will not pick this up until well after the KE penetrator has passed you.)
2. You'll hear turbulent air.
3. You'll hear the supersonic boom caused by the projectile, possibly deafening you.
4. You'll hear the cannon going off some 0.58 seconds after 1 and 2 happen.
5. Concussion might follow, same goes for possible internal bleeding caused by a pressure differential/shockwave caused by the sonic boom and turbulence caused by the projectile.

If you were positioned closer, you might also have the chance of getting hit by one of the four sabot-pieces that separated from the KE penetrator. At Least you'll probably be the first documented instance of a man getting hit by a 2 lbs block of aluminium going supersonic.

Would suppressed, subsonic .22 be able to shoot through a river cooter's head? I'm afraid to use anything bigger/louder so neither the bullet nor sound bounces off the surface of the lake. I need to kill as many of these cunts as I can.

asking for a friend

Attached: florida-cooter-head-detail.jpg (650x430, 55K)

Let's say I want to purchase a gun in Texas but don't own a car or an LTC yet. How exactly am I supposed to lawfully transport the gun to and from the range without a license? Is being unloaded in a case sufficient?

That sounds sexual. Thorough and picturesque. Thank you, user.

I have an AR pistol I just built brand new maybe 4 months ago and have honestly only shot it 3 or 4 times. Stored in a nice cool room all the time. I have what looks like rust on the top of the outside of the barrel. Is this possible? Are Troy barrels shit?

yes its possible for metal to rust
did you oil it?

I was wondering if there are any euros around that could recommend a .22lr carbine for a first gun.
I know the Ruger 10/22 is considered a good starter, but given we have different brand availability and prices maybe there are more appropriate choices over here.
Also: new or used?

Some CZ .22, since CZ is a fairly large manufacturer for sporting rifles in europe so getting one would not be difficult. 452 would be my recommendation, not the cheapest of 22s though.

Attached: DSC04595.jpg (800x600, 136K)

Thanks.
I think 452 is not sold anymore, I can't find it on their website. There's a "455" though.

In the age of desktop manufacturing, can't "we" go full chinaman and reverse engineer this, or is the p90 too fucking abstract for autists and neets to reverse?

Should I build a lightweight AR-15 upper in 5.56 or buy a ruger pcc? the upper would have a lightweight 14.5" barrel with a permanent 1.5" compensator to keep it legal

What if I get them to ship it from an FFL to my FFL, and withhold payment until their FFL confirms with my FFL that the pistol is ready to be shipped and no longer in the sellers possession?

i bought this lot of stocks at auction. can anyone identify what guns they go on? they were only described as a lot of "winchester" stocks

Attached: Untitled.png (1324x598, 905K)

i would go for that cz 455 lux and buy used if possible

Attached: cz-usa-cz-455-lux.png (945x630, 147K)

Sorry, I'm not really familiar with current CZ offerings in Europe. Figured a wood bolt gun would suit a fellow user in lieu of possible EU-level bans. And the fact .22 is easy to get in bulk, practice makes perfect after all.

Also what said, buy used when possible. If you're able to find one at a dealer/ instead off someone, take that option. Establishing contacts and introducing yourself to a community of local shooters isn't a bad thing when learning the sport.

If I add a stock to the 590 shockwave would I need to register it as a SBS or AOW?

Thanks.

Top looks like a Pre-64 model 70 Sporter.
3rd from top looks like a Supergrade.
The top Monte Carlo looks to me like a Safari Express or Alaskan.
Bottom Monte Carlo at least to me doesn`t even look like a model 70 stock.
The bottom is a mystery to me, although I`ve seen some like that on Mausers. It has a Model 70-ish shape, though.

thanks a lot dude. and yeah I havent even been able to find any winchesters with the same camo pattern as the bottom one

Since we're asking for old pictures. Anyone have the picture of the dash of a jeep with a ak variant sitting on it?

This is from Chuck Hawks. Shitty resolution, but it`s what that camo stock reminded me of.

Attached: old_mauser_GEW-98.jpg (442x157, 54K)

No cause it's buried under the rail. It never dawned on me I had to clean the exterior of my gun the same as the internals.

So I have a little money put aside for my next acquisition.

Either I can buy a few thousand more rounds for my AR.

Buy a plate carrier and plates and setup.

Buy a Romanian Mosin M44 1955 for $450.

Or I want to get a Mossberg MVP in either 556 or 308. 556 because I already have a fuck ton of it.

Any advice would be welcome sorry if bad typography I pulled my back doing yard work.

>Romanian Mosin M44 1955

here
gunbroker.com/item/777268578

i was planning on bidding on it but i need to save my money to get a new truck anyway

>gunbroker.com/item/777268578
Thanks I never really use gunbroker mostly try to find deals on armslist but I feel like half the people there are retarded.

Any good deals for an MVP in 556 that has a 20+" length?

It's not so much the ambient temperature of the outside or the gun itself, but any embers or hot, but unburnt, powder still in the cylinders. I usually wait a bit and blow into each cylinder to make sure they're out (or at least burn off the extra powder.

If you use bore butter, this mostly goes away, as does the concept of a chain fire

gunbroker.com/item/775072525

this one ends tomorrow. i would expect it to go for ~$300-450 based on completed auctions

So I am a cali boy, and I have a massive fetish for a .410 derringer (as back up gun)

>inb4 meme round in handgun
ik, but I really want to get those personal defense loads. In my mind---if you have two shots in a derringer----it might be cool to have a shit ton of projectiles in those two shots.

Now then, in kalifornia, no pistol shotguns are allowed (no judge, no governor, no .410 barrels for the .45 colt Bond Arms Derringers)

Despite Bond arms rigging their CA approved derringers to *only* fire .45 colt----is there a way to make these guns shoot .410? like cutting the shells or something? or have they done a good job at making this shit impossible

Attached: Bond Arms Dragon Slayer Derringer Break Action Pistol .45 Long Colt:.410 Bore 3.5%22 Barrels 2 Round (550x550, 34K)

That stock kills it for me.

Is it stupid getting a bolt action in a 556 if all I have is an AR, Shotgun, and Handguns?

Should I make the jump to 308?

bondarms.com/bond-arms-handguns/bond-arms-california-legal-guns/brown-bear/

link to CA approved .45 LC derringer----hoping there's still a way to fire .410 out of it

>in the regular Bond Arms Derringers, the .45 LC can fire .410 without barrel change, yes? if no, then my questions are moot

depends on how far do you have to shoot

Obviously you can just run a .410 chamber reamer in, but it seems like if you ever used it in self-defense you'd be setting yourself up for trouble.

My private range goes out to 100 yards for rifles.

Its not the longest but its outdoors and members only in the clusterfuck of Maryland.

i'd just get the 5.56 if you're not gonna be hunting with it. it's a lot cheaper to shoot, and a lot less recoil which will make it easier to get your fundamentals down. i live in rural mississippi and i have a personal ~220 yard range at my house and i'm in the process of selling my .308 and getting a .223 and 6.5 creedmoor. mainly because my shoulder gets sore as fuck after about 50 rounds of .308 with my tikka. the difference in bullet drop between 556 and .308 wont matter until 300+ yards anyway.

if you reload the difference in ammo cost between .308 and 6.5 creedmoor is negligible as well

Given how poorly Russian armoured columns faired in the first battle of Grozny, the tagline in that image seems a little misplaced.

Attached: Screenshot_20180626-232958.jpg (1080x3660, 928K)

It's unlikely that anybody would agree to those conditions, but there's nothing stopping you from asking.

I asked, he agreed, but I haven't heard from the FFL even though he claims he dropped it off there. Looks like it was in fact a scam. Thanks for being a sounding board, user.

Should I locally buy a Mauser 7x57mm for $300?

armslist.com/posts/8530326/frederick-maryland-antiques-for-sale--mauser-7x57

It would be my first genuine milsurp aside from mosins.

>Thoughts
You should thoroughly check the catalogue before starting a thread, to make sure a thread with your topic doesn't already exist.

7x57 is a fun cartridge, nice recoil, but not exactly cheap or easy to find. Keep in mind, that most 7x57 spanish mausers are cock on closing. I've got one like that, and the cocking peice has trouble holding onto the striker sometimes when closing the bolt, so its a wallhanger now.

Dumb question but

In general, at an indoor firing range, do you have much control over where your target is? Say if the range is 25 yards, can I still shoot at 10 or 15 yards?

Attached: 1529796491739.png (958x660, 16K)

Yes

Thank you, sir.

I know this is probably the wrong place to ask, but does anyone have any tips or training methods for improving marksmanship from an unsupported, standing position?

Just can't seem to hold steady, no matter how much I practice breath control.

Improve upper body strength by lifting weights.

newfag here, where would one even buy guns by the crate? is it a "you gotta know a guy" situation?

whats the benefit of having a switch with just momentary over having both?

Attached: UE07-2.jpg (500x333, 21K)

Jow Forums sent me here. They said you guys would have good recommendations for books to learn more about Rhodesia. Any suggestions?

when mosins were cheap and plentiful you could buy them on mostly any website that sold mosins

youtube.com/watch?v=BbDOt82oNTQ

Wh-why isn’t there an EDC thread going?

>too shy to start one

Attached: 54262B65-30A4-448A-A1AE-68BC1D0600BF.jpg (640x615, 100K)

Been doing that. It helps, but it doesn't solve it. I know real competition shooters try "bone-to-bone" contact for added stability, because muscles move too much. But I can't get the bone/bone thing to work. Maybe my arms are too short.

how many rounds do you shoot per month. be honest. how many rounds have you shot in the last twelve months? give a good estimate

You try supporting the gun on your offhand knuckles or fingertips?

Much less recently than previously. Was mostly a pistolfag, but I've been trying to get into rifles. Usually 100 rounds of pistol per month, but only ~400 past year. ~50 rounds rifle in past month. ~300 in past year.