Gulf War Thread

My dad was in the Gulf War and I'm interested in finding out if anyone is a veteran or knows a lot about it. Photos of the 90's DBDU aesthetic are also cool too.

Attached: DesertStorm.jpg (1500x1077, 369K)

Yes, your dad was a member of the 13th Fellatio Tech Division. He fought bravely

It all started when our equipment that was olive drab mysteriously went into the paint shop and was painted desert sand. This included everything from tanks to fuel pipelines ("Anaconda" was the main fuel farm and it had an estimated 1.5 million feet of pipe).
Took about 2 years.
Then as a pure coincidence, we invaded Iraq....
We were pretty damn lucky to have everything repainted in the right color.
Then all of the ground forces that we sent over staged up like the civil war- as though we were going to stand in a line and have our tanks shoot at their tanks.
Then we debuted the F-111 stealth fighter.
(It was actually a bomber, but we needed to trick fighter pilots into thinking it was cool so they would fly it). They blew the shit out of 80% of the forces, without even being detected.
And along with your $1.5 million per cruise missile we demolished Sadam's forces in one night.
Then the bbbbrrraaaappppppppsssss came in and did clean up duty on convoys running away.
The End.

A classmate of mine who is like 50 something was a 12C cav officer during Desert Storm. When

>be me
>be 20 something-year-old, US Army, 1991
>POG as fuck
>get deployed to Saudi Arabia for Operation Desert Storm
>was at the Dhahran Barracks during the Scud attack
>two dozens guys blown to pieces or crushed by debris
>It the was the building right to mine that got hit (needless to say, I'd probably be dead if that missile's trajectory had shifted even a few degrees)
>blast was so powerful that even though I had braced, I wound up being knocked off my feet and wound landing on my ass
>we all thought it was a gas attack
>genuinely thought I was going to die
>basically locked up for about 10-20 minutes
>finally got outside
>rubble, broken glass, fire everywhere
>could see the blood seeping out of the ruins
>scariest night of my life
>requested and received discharge within a year of returning home due to debilitating PTSD
>took me years to get over it

Now I'm a high school vice principal.

Attached: AlHussein-Strike.jpg (2870x1900, 2.02M)

>Then we debuted the F-111 stealth fighter.

You lucky bastard...

>Photos of the 90's DBDU aesthetic are also cool too.

They are indeed.

Attached: Operation Desert Shield.jpg (1700x2200, 599K)

>didn't even experience real combat
>just happened to be in the same area as some poor dudes that got killed
>did nothing but sit around for a half hour
>requests discharge for being a scared little bitch
>"m-muh ptsd....."

You sound like a real pussy ass bitch desu

>just happened to be in the same area as some poor dudes that got killed

The missile landed damn near on top of me. If its course had been so much as a degree or two closer, I would've almost certainly died. And yeah, thinking about that fucks with your head.

>You sound like a real pussy ass bitch desu

Okay, what's your war story then?

Oops, forgot photo.

Attached: desert storm.jpg (872x590, 134K)

>missile hit the building next to me
>"IT FUCKING LANDED RIGHT ON TOP OF ME"

Which one is it, retard?

>what's your war story
I can almost guarantee I've been through and seen some shit that is one thousand times more horrific than your pussy ass story implies. You genuinely sound like a little bitch for requesting discharge for something that didn't even happen to you.

Some poor dudes get killed and you take advantage of it cause you're a scared little faggot. Why did you even join the military in the first place if you can't even handle a little blood?

was living in the UAE during the conflict, was 10 when it happened. my dad had a contractor job at the largest port there. they installed some rheinmetall 20 mm aaa guns along the port in a half-arsed attempt at defense, which he took me and my friends to sit in and take pics with one day. One day, maybe a few days to a week after the war had ended he was doing his morning rounds of an area of the port. the British Embassy had a sector that belonged to them, and a large warehouse that they used as storage. It was unlocked and the main door was open slightly, which was unusual. He looked inside and saw a bunch of blokes in camo as well as several Land Rovers with machine guns. As he tells it, the exchange went like this:

Dad "Hi, this warehouse is for the Brit Embassy, why are you here?"

Soldier, in some Brit accent
>we're just stopping by, we just came back from Iraq. The sand is (insert temp here) and it was fucking cold, you don't mind if we stay here for a bit do you? They gave us the key

Dad
"Alright then." and proceeds to close the door.

I always get a chuckle when i remember my dear old dad conveniently forgetting to leave out the detail that he was probably pissing his pants at the sight of at least 10 armed men appearing in this warehouse that had until then been unoccupied for years

That was a stupid and boring ass story, user.

you're welcome, glad you read it.

HAHA GET REKT NERD.

>Which one is it, retard?

Ever heard of danger close? I was well within that. It was close enough to knock me off my feet and shatter the windows.

>I can almost guarantee I've been through and seen some shit that is one thousand times more horrific than your pussy ass story implies.

Such as?

No problem blud. Tell your dad to stop being such a boring faggot next time, or think of something more interesting in your dull life you sand nigger

Yeah, nah. You're still a little bitch for basically taking advantage of the situation because you were scared. Why did you even join in the first place? Smh

sshh. don't be jealous that I was alive for the Desert Storm, a conflict that occurred probably 10 or so years before you were born.

>implying I wasn't in desert storm

Keep assuming shit. Typical sand nigger

because you weren't. better get off the internet before mummy gets angry again.

Whatever you say sand nigger. Whatever you say.

that's better, see? much easier when you just lay down and accept defeat

>Some poor dudes get killed and you take advantage of it cause you're a scared little faggot.

I knew some of those men who were killed. And you're right I was scared. You'd be scared too if you were in the same situation.

>Why did you even join the military in the first place if you can't even handle a little blood?

I was bored and looking for a sense of direction in life. Not the most noble reason for enlisting I'll admit.

Jow Forums, the place to watch veterans of literally the most boring war in human history argue have a cock measuring match about who has more PTSD.

at least we did something with our lives

Alright, confirmed for scared little pussy who had no business even being in the military confirmed.

Did you serve? Because if you think you could've handled any better being in a state of utter helplessness, unable to so much as see the enemy hundreds of miles away, let alone shoot back at him, I'd like to hear your explanation.

Attached: Stormin' Norman.jpg (2000x1333, 412K)

Serve? he probably hasn't even left his hometown or graduated high school.

No one is denying you weren’t scared as fuck and got PTSD but many people saw way worse and didn’t “request a discharge”

is this the guy who got discharged because he got close to some of the only action in the military only to become a fucking VICE principal or is the other guy who hasn't told us his war story and has had, so far, no fucking substance to anything he's said?

Regardless, continue arguing about who's got the best "War Is Hell" story for the next Jarhead movie.

i'm too lazy to do your research for you, but there was a recent study that was conducted that suggests people away from the front lines in support/logistics roles suffered higher ptsd due to several factors. off the top of my head, not being able to see the enemy and attack them led to no venting of frustration, and being attacked in a manner like he described (missile attack from hundreds of miles away) creates a sense of helplessness since they can't react.

also, it takes a special kind of person to judge someone when they themselves weren't even close to that sort of situation. i know this because anybody that was would never ask stupid questions or make stupid accusations like you are

My point exactly.

He's probably just another tough talker trying to get a rise out of me for his own amusement.

And I have never once said that I thought that I had it worse than them.

Attached: mfw dealing with these morons.jpg (2810x1880, 542K)

Exactly. The dude who "requested a discharge" is a total fucking faggot who's acting like he's been through Hell and back when it barely even had anything to do with him.

hey man, i get it. you weren't allowed to enlist because of your ADHD, your weak bones, your eyes, and your generally dandy frailty to anything remotely resembling hardship. no need to take it out on those that stepped up to the plate. I know, the only way for you to vent your frustrations out is tripfagging on a Balinese independent film forum, but that's how the cookie crumbles i guess my dude. Just let the men who actually were there talk, and keep quiet from now on. Maybe help your mom with some work around the house, god knows she needs it living with you.

That seems like the most fucking retarded thing that I have ever seen come out of anyone on this entire website claiming to be fact.

>"I'm too lazy to do your research for you"
>immediately does research for him
>"no venting of frustration"
>because being frustrated in a desert really far from the enemy is frustrating besides having to deal with fucking dial-up internet in the early 90s.

Looks like my work here is done.

Keep being a pussy, vice principal user. You sure are living the life after your oh so horrible "war story" that had nothing to do with you. Fucking pussy.

And keep being a faggot, namefag.

don't cut yourself on that edge now

>What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

What accusation did I make? Faggot lol I was stating what happened.

I’ve read that study too. It actually says that people that aren’t even fucking deployed get higher rates “PTSD” in the US military. I’m not baiting or being a teenager but there is unirniucally a S O Y B O Y joingbfor gibs problem in the US military that is causing all this.

You wanna try that again without having a stroke, user?

My Dad & I both served in DS. He was a LT Col in an Apache Brigade(G2) while I was a worthless PFC 19D in 2/2 Cav. He was also a Vietnam Vet. He was Mustang Officer who got shot down twice as an FO flyin around in Cessnas and sometimes OV-10s.
Stories you want? I wouldn't waste my time on you sorry fucks.

>he proofread his posts to the Taiwanese silk work weaving community
I’m on a phone but nice one queer

Then nobody cares, faggot. Stop trying to flex

>(It was actually a bomber, but we needed to trick fighter pilots into thinking it was cool so they would fly it)
10/10 would kek again. It's -117 though, not -111.

If you were captured, do you think that your dad would have had the balls to order the bombing of your prison complex, IE John Mccain in Vietnam?

>unironically basedboy
>basedboys in the US military
>basedboys in the US Military in the 90s in a desert
>basedboys in the US Military in the 90s in a desert trying to avoid combat by sitting behind a desk filling out spreadsheets.
>MFW when Allah tells Saddam to bomb the basedboys for being basedboys

Attached: SHOCKED.gif (480x264, 1.79M)

Same but I'm not a retard and can actually type correctly unlike you, faggot

Im gonna be honest, didn't know Jow Forums had an autocorrect for s o y b o y s .

This guy gets it.

If our base had been attacked by a battalion of Iraqis, I would've known what to do because that's what I (along with every other soldier) was trained for. But no one really trains you with being shot at and not being able to shoot back.

>You sure are living the life after your oh so horrible "war story" that had nothing to do with you.

It had everything to do with me, I was literally fucking there.

>And keep being a faggot, namefag.

What the fuck are you talking about?

Got me there, now that I’ve done enough my anymous bashing of faggots, let me attone for my sins. Thank you all American servicemen for you service. Goodnight

*shot at with a 2000lb missile fired from hundreds of miles away

Forgot to add that part

Sorry you're too retarded to differentiate between comments that are meant for other people. You sure are a fucking idiot for a vice princiapl

Fuck you faggot

I’m sorry you are so upset.

basedboy
soiboi
soiboy

I hope there is a shooting at your school so you have an opportunity to redeem yourself, pussy.

Is that scene in all the war movies when the soldiers are in training and they have to crawl under barbwire in mud while MGs are fired over their heads accurate?

Attached: Huge_internet_fight.jpg (640x360, 113K)

Yeah.

You're a coward.

Then don't think about it
DUH

He's not acting like that

>be me
>be pog as fuck
>go to Iraq
>some dudes get demolished by a scud
>really fucks me up
At no point does he claim it's all that impressive.
I really wish he'd stop telling the same story over and over but hey what are you going to do

I was with the 3rd ACR during Desert Storm.
Pretty damn boring for us.
Air Force was supposed to soften up targets for us, instead they destroyed columns of their armor, pretty much everything in front of us.
We rolled through with no resistance, and took a lot of prisoners.

Still from my video of a torture device we found
Some type of electric chair, had heater elements on it.

Attached: gw1991-2.png (461x688, 256K)

Slightly better image

Attached: gws.jpg (988x599, 123K)

Control unit for it

Attached: gwc.jpg (1057x618, 96K)

I would like to hear your desert storm story

Uncle was near Khamisiyah when it was blown up, got the letter in the mail years later about Gulf War Syndrome. Is pretty normal nowadays so he was lucky I guess, or does a good job of hiding any issues. Also talked about buying Cola Cola and donkey/goat/camel meat from a guy at a food stand in Saudi Arabia. And riding around in a hot ass Humvee all day, but did have three Iraqis run out in front of him behind a rock and surrender. They had the Iraqis sit on the hood of the Humvee while driving back to the FOB.

He was on cleanup crew for Highway of Hell so I heard from family members but he never talks about that. Also talked about how in the 82nd they'd give a day off if they went 82 days without a casualty or injury or something like that, in the the whole time he was in the service (4-5 years IIRC) he had four off days.

Post some rare stuff from desert storm
pic rel
Czechoslovak army

Attached: 01e0e7aad1_76220555_o2.jpg (700x436, 268K)

Kek armchair general here, point and laugh kids this is the worst summer hemmoroid Jow Forums will have

It's summer Jow Forums don't expect that the COD kiddies aren't going to pretend that they "saw worse than that"
at every story. I sure as fuck don't envy getting nearly hit by a scud

Attached: 1521053844356.jpg (640x412, 27K)

>sense of helplessness since they can't react.

should have gotten out on the roof and tried shooting down the scuds with his sidearm

Do they do that for being mortared as well?

No. Literally just google basic training

Pretty cool bruv

Just out of in curiosity, were you guys wearing M81 or DBDU?

Attached: M81 Woodland Gulf War.jpg (1456x992, 276K)

Do you think that would be helpful in combating PTSD, or would it just cause more ptsd?

Yeah, it's done to desensitize us to sound of being on the receiving end of incoming fire and moving. I think it's been done away with since then though/

That scene from Jarhead where one of the Marines panics, stands up, and gets promptly blown away is absolute horseshit though. The gun is permanently positioned well above our heads so you could stand up and be perfectly safe (well, maybe not your hearing).

Lmao the war when the Iraqis found out air superiority is a bitch.

That’s cool that your dad served then though.

If it makes you feel any safer my child, I've been secretly keeping a loaded M1911 in my car ever since Sandy Hook in case of a school shooting. I seriously doubt it'll ever happen but you never know.

Attached: unironically me.jpg (852x480, 39K)

Some on the history board called my images fakes.
For some reason a few wouldn't believe that Saddam was not a good guy.
Acid victim here we found melted in a tub.
My videos are on Sony Hi-8, converted to VHS, then to mepg4, so that's why the images are shitty.
We went there with woodland, then got some desert camo while there, but there wasn't enough for everybody.

Attached: gw1991.png (616x666, 305K)

Oh yeah, I'm sure you're judging me as a Navy SEAL with 300 confirmed kills.

>We went there with woodland, then got some desert camo while there, but there wasn't enough for everybody.

Was it all woodland (helmet, vest, uniform) or were there guys rocking desert helmets and vests?

Attached: us marines gulf war Lcpl_fetcher,Sgt_johanis_mine_field_C._company_2nd_plt._3rd_ceb.jpg (1477x1063, 777K)

I had indirect fire land right by the portashitter I was in and knocked it over, covering me with all that entails. I kicked the door open and got out to fight.

You're a pussy.

He's a welfare queen that joined for gibs and they became incensed when he actually had to do army stuff

We didn't get any desert camo until we were there, and not all of us got it before the war ended. So we all had a mix of uniforms.

>For some reason a few wouldn't believe that Saddam was not a good guy.

Yeah, /his/ may claim not to be Jow Forums with dates but they definitely share some traits like falling for Saddam Hussein's strongman image, as well as a disturbing fascination with pregnancy... and Anne Frank.

>We went there with woodland, then got some desert camo while there, but there wasn't enough for everybody.

I went there in all BDUs too. Given how iconic DBDU is with the Gulf War, I find it just a wee bit ironic that I never had the chance to wear it.

I'm guessing you were in a FOB on the frontlines where you were expecting contact and were able to shoot back at an enemy you could actually see.

I was in an airbase hundreds of miles from any Iraqis and no one was expecting a Scud attack. That's probably why it was successful.

I've only ever used the GI Bill and some VA counseling services but okay.

Attached: desert storm 2.jpg (1393x925, 164K)