Should i buy this?

What say you Jow Forums? This a decent buy or what?

Attached: Screenshot_20180625-182628_Chrome.jpg (1080x2220, 600K)

Check for cracks, if none do it

About right.

I wouldn't, but only because I'm saving for the repro AA 12. I'm going to Larp as Adrien Brody from predators not the hunter that got eaten in Jurassic Park

>not the hunter that got eaten in Jurassic Park
But he didn't die. The shitty movie changed that.

I heard they are only making like 500 of those and the quality will be questionable

>that one gun that got away
You know you're going to post in that thread in a couple of years about this gun right?

I mean, I'm about to text the guy. I'm not really interested in the spas12 but i know there arent very many out there.

$1500 is a lot less than what you'll find on Gunbroker.

Cuz gunbroker is a bunch of judens.

I would offer 1400 cash
But I would also for sure buy at 1500

Well the book is obviously better, but the SPAS-12 isn't in the book anyway. That always got me though, how Muldoon, the only one who would have the background to survive, dies like a bitch in the movie. As. If.

I think they changed the character deaths in the movie so people who read the book wouldn't be spoiled.

That's a good price, I paid $1600 for mine.

Check for cracks on the receiver (in case it's been shot a bunch in semiauto without a buffer).

Go buy a new buffer and folding stock buffer from the spas 12 project and you'll be in business. Don't shoot it in semiauto without a new receiver buffer and don't shoot it with the stock in use without a new stock buffer. The originals were made of an older plastic and unless this guy replaced them at some point they are no longer working as intended due to deterioration.

The cheap spas 12 sling knockoff you can find on Amazon is garbage even at the price so skip that.

Attached: 20180425_212510.jpg (4032x3024, 3.93M)

I'm going to get it tomorrow, meeting the guy after work. Wish me luck Jow Forumsommandos

I just noticed yours has the lever safety, although original they are not very safe and slight wear can cause them to set the gun off when the safety is used, so don't use the safety on that gun.

Most people seem to consider the lever safety to be a negative as far as value rather than a positive, if they plan to shoot it at all. I shoot mine and the crossbolt is actually safe.

That safety was recalled but you can't get the recall work done anymore. On top of that these have absolutely no parts available from the factory. Buy it as a collector's piece, but you won't really get to enjoy shooting it.

>Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman.. rise and.. shine.

Remember to bring a crowbar with you when you meet the guy so he knows you mean business

I agree he was fucking up t rex in a god damn jeep in the book and was also the one who convinced Hammond the needed lethal firepower. On that note op I sat get it just cause it's a fucking sweet

It's just gonna be a range toy. Wont be loaded at any point until it's time to go boom.

To be fair, the one used in Jurassic Park had the lever safety. The crossbolt is more desirable (and expensive as a result), but if you're buying it because of the movie, then the lever is fine.

buy a Mossy for 1/3 the price

OP here, to be clear I dont give a fuck about Jurassic shit. The spas 12 has been in a ton of media since it came out.

Cool deal, just so you knew. It's obviously a serious safety issue but is easily mitigated by safe handling.

Definitely agree, but I would hate for some dude to put a load in his foot because he thought he was putting a "safety" on. From what I understand the ones that do it will do it every time once they're worn to that point, but I have no idea what it takes to get there.

I have 2 mossberg 12 gauges and a Winchester 1897 12 gauge already.
T. Gun collector
Also I'm not a poorfag like 99.99% of Jow Forums

Virgin gun fag question time!

What's up with that U bar on top of the gun? What it do?

It's called "the shoulder thing that goes up"

so I am autistic

Attached: 1504464053793.jpg (480x602, 80K)

It's a hook and it's attached to the folding stock. It acts as a carry handle.
It also rotates to one side so you can hook it around your arm when the stock is deployed. The idea was that someone could theoretically fire it one handed like that.
You don't see it on other guns because it was a dumb idea.

Folding stock cuzzo

This. A SPAS-12 set up just like that but with the crossbolt safety and the same price slipped by my hand because I was being a bitch about "muh meme gun, muh impracticality" and now I deeply regret it.
If you think it's cool or you like the movies it's from, go for it. Worst case scenario you won't lose much money on it if you sell it because of its collector value.

Attached: 1484012419853.jpg (1024x714, 140K)

Spas 12 Project still does the recall work. Google that site. The guy that does their videos is a confirmed kommando

>Spas 12 Project still does the recall work.
They do? I thought they only supplied some parts.

They offer the crossbolt safety but it's not recall work in the sense that they fix defective guns for free.

500 Adrien Brodys?

They are notorious for being unreliable

Just make sure it's the button switch rather than the lever switch and you'll be grand. It's not exactly the best shotgun you could get for 1,500, but holding it feels right and its exceptionally pretty.

t. Owner of one for ten years.

1500 is higher than I'd pay for a lever safety, I'd throw out 1300.

>t. owns two spas12

They're only making 500... of the signed limited edition meme versions. They'll hit full production after that batch.

Only by retards that expect a 2 3/4 only gun made for buck and slugs in semiauto to function with $4 a box Walmart #8 shotshells

*acoustic

I'd hold out for 12 or under for a lever. But if you do, check for cracks on the receiver, make sure the hook as a F on the bottom (S or blank is repro, no that there is anything wrong with that but don't pay for it) and check to make sure the area around the button isnt too egged out.

I paid under 1k for mine.

Attached: spas 900.jpg (1024x768, 100K)

>this shot in a million is totally viable for everyone
Stahp

I got the fixed stock model, crossbolt safety for $1100. It's heavy as balls, complicated to disassemble, and idk if its a spring issue, but the last shell always gets stuck between the mag tube and receiver when feeding, regardless of if it's in pump mode or semi auto. Also I'm a manlet so the length of pull is pretty long for me.

Looks really cool though and makes a nice convo piece. Aside from the aforementioned feeding issue I haven't had any jams or whatever.

Attached: 1104161533.jpg (4160x3120, 3.08M)

Ya I wish I could do it ten more times.