Are these poncho liners worth it?

Are these poncho liners worth it?

Attached: UF8370.jpg (1000x1000, 578K)

They are. Ultra light, ultra comfy, and ultra warm.

Yes. They are very good. Only bad if your skin doesn't like polyester.

I wouldn't say they're ultra warm, but they are very cozy for the weight. They can function as sleeping bags if it doesn't get very cold at night. I attempted to do that once in Wyoming, bad idea.

Whats a good temperature range for them?

Also, are they new production, or surp?

>Are these poncho liners worth it?

t. neverserved

Nigga, lemme tell ya sumfin:
Poncho liners are the single, greatest battle implement ever devised. They are incredibly comfy, they not only keep your sorry grunt ass warm but also your soul when you're out there at some forsaken FOB. The poncho liner is more than a "blanket" its a piece of home when the whole world is shitting on you.

Doesn't take up a lot of space. Can really get crammed into a bag pretty well. Makes a decent pillow when it's rolled up but I usually just sleep in the helmet for a pillow.
If it's warm enough to fall asleep without it, it'll be just about the right perfect thing you'll need by the time you wake up to get comfortable.

That kind of depends on what your tolerance for cold is. In my case in Wyoming it dropped to 20-30ish pretty much the minute the sun went down thanks to the high altitude and the poncho liner was far too thin for that.

I have used it successfully camping when it only dropped to 50ish (CA desert) but I'm also really skinny and don't do well in cold temperatures. I also used it several times as a comforter at home, it does that job quite well.

For the price I recommend buying one and experimenting with it. They're only 20 bucks or so.
All the ones I've gotten my hands on have been surp but most were un-issued. Totally new in packaging.

10/10 I sleep with one it's my main blanket
It's good for 50+ temps I'd say

Fuck you just say ?
>Hail the bivy
For it is like the womb .

das a woobie, AKA god in the cozy form

Nigga thats the coziest piece of issued equipment you will ever get.

The greatest piece of issued equipment hands down

I lost mine a couple years ago and somehow managed to make it through a deployment and a bunch of field exercises without it. Would have been nice to have though

Also in the it's my main blanket camp. One liner is my main blanket and then in the winter I tie a second one on. Yes, I sleep alone....

Attached: 1525989637994.jpg (238x165, 17K)

Attached: 1529705112772.jpg (640x466, 32K)

Yes they are great, get one of the newer ones that have a zipper on them. That makes using it as a sleeping bag much better.

>doesn't into woobie

"Liners" in general are a fucking godsend in cold weather and worth their weight in comfiness if you get one that's not torn and in good condition. There is some discrepancy between liners depending on what they're used for but they're best utilized inside jackets and cold weather gear, imo. The ones for ponchos suck are great too since they keep you moderately warm considering the poncho does dick all.

We used them outside back in the late 1990s instead of sleeping bags, year round on Camp Pendleton in Southern California. Warm enough for that but not much more without addition layers.

Nigga that's a fucking woobie and those things are the grunts equivalent of a kids blankie.

I slept under one all year long and during the winter I like to open my window so I can have nice cool,fresh air and be comfy at the same time 10/10

Having just graduated Ranger school, probably the only thing that didn't suck during that whole ordeal was having a poncho liner to wrap myself up in at night. Woobies are a godsend.

woobie is max comfort level

Attached: heavy_breathing_intensifies_chocobo_by_lilithali-d7ebny6.jpg (1024x576, 99K)

plo scarf does the same job, its really a matter of what you think looks better unless you NEED camoflague after that

Yes, if you actually intend to use it with a poncho they work best with the Vietnam-era OD green rubber poncho which is thicker than the current nylon poncho.

I have four, two OD ones, a woodland one and a UCP one. I use the UCP one as my regular sleeping blanket since the old lady tends to cocoon herself in the comforter leaving none for me.