A Good Starter AK for a decent price

I'm just turning 18 in the next week, I already have a few guns because muh family. We've got your standard hunting shit like Remington 700s and milsurp shit like my Yugo M48 but I want a Kalash. What is a good Kalash?

Like I've heard good stuff about the WASR-10 and all.
>youtube.com/watch?v=kJn6SYFbHSw

But even according to the title of this video, it's hated. It's also been modified by Century Arms and that's kinda terrifying. I'm not gonna be that one faggot that wants a cheap AK so he goes and buys a RAS47, only to die 15 seconds later when it explode. However, I do want an AK, but I don't wanna break the bank or go over $750 with this.

Help me Jow Forums!

Attached: ri1805-n_wasr_2_magpul_left.png (720x237, 108K)

Other urls found in this thread:

leearmory.com/product/romanian-bfpu-ak-47-7-62x39-rifle/
pastebin.com/YdEkhdva-
calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1103098
youtube.com/watch?v=eQYV96hHoGU&t=151s
youtube.com/watch?v=xlL-uRkJ0yA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

get a wasr, it's not made by century, just imported by them.

stay ways from anything u.s made like the plague

>iO builds
>Ras-47 and c39v2
>pioneer fake radom

are all dangerously shitty

If you want something that will be hard to get in the future
Get an NPAP and give it an extra power wolf spring (total would be like 700 - 800) range

Wasr is good, npap and opap are good, Arsenal, saiga all good. Wasr is probably only one you can afford. Rifle is good. Do not but American garbage kalashnikov.

Why do people call WASRs shit anyway? What's so wrong with them?

>MUH MILSPEC
>MUH DIMPLES

Those sound like really fucking gay reasons to hate a decent rifle.

leearmory.com/product/romanian-bfpu-ak-47-7-62x39-rifle/

Are these any good?

You're posting on the board where some trip fags in the AR general have spent thousands on their gear/guns and never shot them before.
But other than that, everything else is true.
DO NOT BUY AMERICAN MADE AK PRODUCTS. NONE OF IT. NOT EVEN MAGS.

Keep it in mind, but make a gunbroker account(its 1 dollar) and lurk on there by trying to find AK's that have been mis-spelt or under-tagged.
I'm sure you can find a decent rifle under 600 dollars before shipping

I actually regret not posting a SAR-1 I found, it sold for 580 because it's impossible to find them due to the fact that IWI includes the term 'SAR' on all of their guns

Gunbroker in itself, is a fucking engima to me. Between the BS of the FFLs and how the fuck I'm supposed to actually sign up, I'm utterly confused.

They got a bad rap when they were first brought in because they were parts kits assembled by retards who made lowriders instead of building guns.

If you look around you might find a great deal on something that is not a more expensive. I got an NHM 91 for $400 earlier this year.

basicly this, they were fine when they were produced in Romania, however when they are brought in they have single stack magwells and need to be machined for standard mags, apparently this was too hard for century and they made a bunch too loose and unreliable. nowdays they seemed to have mastered simple machining enough to do it correctly

for 700$ you get

>CHF CL barrel made on russian/austrian machinery
>milspec receiver with the correct hardness and steel type sans dimples
>milspec hammer forged trunions, not cast cheap u.s crap ones
>hammer foraged bolt and carrier

also pretty much any stamped ak furniture and gear will fit a wasr

Things ya need:

Credit/debit card for 1 dollar verification
Gun store(ffl) to receive and transfer the gun you want
Money for the ( gun + shipping + ffl transfer)
The seller will make it clear on WAYS to pay on the bid page, and HOW to pay on a follow-up email once you've won.

I was clueless like you but money orders aren't that bad, if you need help have your pop drive with you to the post office and fill one out there and send it in the same visit.

Usually it's nice if they use the built in credit/debit card system but that's rare and usually found on "buy it now" items.

Good luck user, hope to see you in /akg/

Wasn't me but some dude on here got a NiB Draco for $450 off there. I also saw a real good deal on an older Century import AMD-65 the other day.

for that price the easiest to find is romanian.
have you considered ar in 7.62x39?

The catalog view is your friend.
pastebin.com/YdEkhdva- AK buyer's guide

tldr: Stop freaking out, modern WASR's are fine.

>I'm just turning 18 in the next week

Ban him for a week

this desu

>Not even Mags
Are you saying that even the Magpul AK mags are shit? because they certainly dont feel like it.

Eh, the mags are fine, just not on the same level with the steel and bake ones.

this

Boot lickers

>leearmory.com/product/romanian-bfpu-ak-47-7-62x39-rifle/
Not really romanian, it's parts kit with shitty american receiver an miserable non-chromed barrel.
Not worth it.

>some trip fags in the AR general have spent thousands on their gear/guns and never shot them before
I don't believe you.

I assume SAR-1s are decent? I haven’t heard much besides finish complaints.

Wasr's are already 700 plus whatever shipping and ffl costs you have, why not buy a VEPR with that money? You'd have a Russian AK that would only appreciate in value over time

He violated the NAP. Now kys cuckmaster.

My one magpul mag has been great so far in my wasr, but I've yet to put 1000 rounds through it.

They used to be shit a long time ago. They're good to go. I have one with a 2016 serial number and it's completely fine. No canted sights.

Because a VEPR as it is looks like a fudd rifle and nowhere near an AH, and needs extensive modifications to uncuck, you stupid nogunz.

some molot vepr aks were brought in a couple of years ago
dunno if you can still find one but theyd definitely break the bank

Then you haven't been on /arg/
Your best bet currently is a wasr 10. Great guns, ugly as sin but will outlast you and your grand kits. I would reccomend something like the NPAP, but the price on those are skyrocketing due to the imports ending. So a wasr is literally your beat bet. Just don't fall for the moronic chants to get an ak that costs most than 1000 dollars, unless its something like an AK12, its just worth it.

You cannot get good Aks in the United States anymore not until or unless import bans are removed or you get lucky on warehouse surplus.

If you want something decent pay the money for an arsenal. Otherwise don't bother buying an AK and don't listen to these faggots on here.

T. Actual KC AK owner.

T. Arsenal fag

I do not own and will not buy arsenal. Bought my shit long before there were bans friendo sucks to be you

T. Arsenal fag

dont even get an ak, unless you just want muh ak.
if all you want is to shoot super cheap 30 cal l, get an ar in x39

Who's the nogunz here? I bet all you own is a shitty wasr you homo

>Turning 18 in the next week
Leave

wasrs are a true akm, not a la gobolino neutered rpk abomination with a non replaceable fudd stock

nothing wrong with wasr, captain chicom boomer, their metallurgy beats the shit out of chinkshit

I now wish that US made AK's were of any considerable quality. So many reports of slap together scrap job guns from Century Arms, IO, etc being shit. I've heard the imported WASR-10's are ok.

Your wrong, N-PAPs can be found for 550 at most gun stores. They are great little guns though.

Where did this meme come from? 9/10 times an N-PAP is gonna be 200$ cheaper than a WASR-10 and in my opinion, built out of way more.

>don't wanna break the bank or go over $750 with this
Then the AK isn't for you. Sorry. Get an AR.

ar's under 800$ will always be trash

>inb4 my dmps,s&w, ruger runs fine

my shitty $350 PSA giga-poorfag rifle runs perfectly.

yeah and has a bunch of non milspec cast parts made in india, is that something you can really trust ?

The pressure bearing parts are made in the US

>sub $800 AR's are all trash
is this bait? the ruger 556 MPR is $650 and has gucci parts.

>18" 5R rifled CHF barrel, nitrided
>Rifle length gas
>Muzzle Brake included
>free floating MLOK handguard
>magpul furniture
>crisp 4.5# two-stage trigger

stop posting, nogunz

Attached: ruger-ar556-mpr-8514-2.jpg (1350x700, 41K)

yes, but say one of the fcg springs breaks or the cast hammer cracks, sure it's easily replaceable but not if you had to depend on it for safety

first off nitrate is shit compared to chrome, it was made so u.s companies could make retards buy cheaper barrels.

your m-lok free float hand guard is shit and is not issued on military rifles for a reason

ruger is also known for having canted shit on these so good luck with that

>nitride is shit compared to chrome
highly debatable. It is significantly more accurate and still offers great corrosion resistance. Plus, the chamber and bolt are chrome lined, so it seems the MPR is getting the best of both worlds.

>your m-lok free float hand guard is shit
>not issued on military rifles
a baseless claim. Also, the military is preparing to adopt m-lok en masse... see NSWC Crane write up.

>ruger is also known for having canted shit
On the MPR? Source? or are you just talking out of your ass.

You seem like you are urgently trying to defend a $2500 meme rifle that you foolishly bought. The MPR is a great AR15 that will compete with the best.

stay mad poorfag, please look up reviews of both this and ruger's base models, canted rails are common as is the sight on the base model. also why does "more accuracy" matter to anyone shooting 5.56x45mm that isn't a fudd, 2-3m.o.a is accurate enough, as for the rail, sure the military may adopt m-lok but never anything free floated, as a drop will ruin it

calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1103098

So, Moral of the Story, WASRs used to be shit but they're fine now. Yugo stuff is also good but cheap, and Russian shit is always good but sometimes looks a lil fudded.

>free float is shit, military doesnt use it
sure its not as tough, but its lighter. fine for a civilian
youtube.com/watch?v=eQYV96hHoGU&t=151s
rob ski runs over the this rail with a car and it still holds zero with buis

WASR IS SHIT. BUY RUSSIAN OR BULGARIAN
youtube.com/watch?v=xlL-uRkJ0yA

>posts canted sights in response to a gun with no iron sights
0/10 made me reply

>the military may adopt m-lok but never anything free floated, as a drop will ruin it
the military is in the process of adopting a Geissele free float rail. It's built like a tank...

wtf am I reading?

Attached: Face Waterfalls.gif (320x178, 1.12M)

Like I told the judge, one more week is close enough for wet work. I say let it ride because his thread isn't a shitpost.

Since I'm pretty far out of the loop on AKM's, I'm guessing that the import bans and the lack of a good US manufacturer are the reasons it's so hard to get decent models in the US?

They're not "hard" to get, you just have to pay to play.

Buy soviet or russian AKs

Get a WASR, I love mine, no canted sights or anything and it takes almost every mag i put in with no wobble.

Attached: IMG_20180615_142550.jpg (3056x2294, 2.8M)

Get a WASR, they're the best sub $1,000 gun you can get IMO. While I do think the Arsenal 107 is better, it's not $300 better. Enjoy it, play with it, learn the AK and expand.

Never refer to your family's guns as "YOUR" guns ever again. If you didn't buy them or they weren't gifted to you, they aren't yours.

Attached: mywasr10.jpg (480x360, 68K)

ok dad

that gun had a American barrel, it was a batlefield Vegas lone out gun that was already rebarrled , eric mentions it in the ddi video

i'm sure user dosen't have the 3 grand for a proper saiga conversion, veprs are fudd shit that will never be a full ak, wasrs are the best vaule on the market

OP here, they got gifted to me, but legally, until I'm 18, they're "my family's"

Nibba there ain't anything there