Hello Jow Forums

Hello Jow Forums

I remember playing vidya & seeing this mounted on soldiers kits

What the heck is this thing & what does it do?

Attached: 6512387_orig~01.jpg (179x339, 10K)

It is a flashlight. It lights things up.

flashlight

Thx

Have a crabbo as a token of my gratitude
:3

Attached: crabbo.jpg (768x513, 75K)

Fukn Summer
Fukn Gamers

its a laser designator.
you light up your target with it and press 'x' to initiate orbital missile strike

What did you think it was?

This thread makes me so fucking angry.

Government Issued Pocket Pussy (GIPP) Model 17

THIS
BACK TO /V

I kekd

man i remember this flashlight so fondly
i loved hanging it on the straps of my rig and being able to use both my hands while everyone else in the platoon had to use shitty handheld flashlights

Its a night vision flashlight the enemy cant see the red and blue lenses but you can.

It's a snorkel device used by amphibious muhreens

It's a cheap knockoff of a Fulton torch

It's a flashlight. It has a long black metal clip on the back for mounting to webbing or a belt. The endcaps unscrew for storing and changing out color filters. Red is for preserving night-vision. Blue is for looking cool and maybe signaling.

Attached: elbowlight.jpg (1500x844, 270K)

I still have mine from boot camp. Doesn't get much use, but it comes on every field op and deployment. It's like a ceremonial firewatch light

What did you say, laddie?

I have two, I stuck LED's in them and they now run forever.

>Jow Forums what's a flashlight?
Jesus Fucking Christ.

Attached: Viking of Disapproval.jpg (600x450, 62K)

it's a flashlight. red is for night/dark tunnels/etc. red is easier on the eyes in darkness and preserves your night vision ability once turned off (eyes don't need to adjust as much).

Is the ATI any good?

Its a broken flashlight. Thats for sure. It's supposed to have a blue lense. That way, your battle wakes up faster as you shine it in his face for firewatch.

Flashlight with a red tint as to not blind anyone in low-light situations. Same reason they have red lights on submarines.

Attached: slownik.jpg (200x199, 10K)

>It's supposed to have a blue lense
These came with multiple lenses for multiple uses you dump trip waster.

Honestly?

It's a moonbeam.

Yeah, I like it. Nice finish and grips. It shoots point of aim, hasn't malfunctioned yet, and is what JMB intended. It feels like quality.

Attached: bestflag.jpg (1500x844, 382K)

nice

Attached: marin.jpg (400x400, 24K)

>What the heck is this thing & what does it do?

anal probe

Only correct answer so far.

It's at a right angle so it doesn't roll away if they drop it.

I still have mine.
Also remember carrying that chintzy af "lackland laser" in chair force basic.

It is a fucking piece of shit that doesn't work.

I was going to say that, I got issued one that just never worked to begin with. Granted I was in the Canadian Army Reserve so I expected too much.

It's a lazor

its a FAMAS, OP

the amount of spergs in this thread, Jesus

Attached: konfused screaming.jpg (1927x1715, 318K)

Its garbage is what it is. Join the 21st century and buy an LED headlamp. Being hands free while pissing/shitting is revolutionary

He has the blue lens in things with the 1911 are obviously dire.

You don't get that until lvl 15 though.

You mean Bouncy House

Like the others said, it’s a flashlight
It’s shaped like that in order to stress the wrist less, and so that it can be (to some extent) used to light up while still being attached to webbing

Cool design, but really shitty light output fpr the weight and size. Have them at work and prefer to just leave them in the shop

Damn, that's actually pretty smart, never really thought of that.
I can't even count how many times I've dropped a flashlight while I've been working on shit in the garage and it rolls under my workbench or car.

It is a Fulton torch.

Fuck, I'm only 30, was issued ALICE webbing, and amazed people haven't seen or handled ALICE gear or NAM era holdovers like it was 50 fucking years ago.

Its an MX-991/U flashlight. I'd recommend it mine was my grandfathers back in the old days and it works just fine

Attached: 20180627_000254.jpg (4032x3024, 3.17M)

25 here. Granted, basic was a long time ago but we had em.
I kinda want to go LED convert an anglehead now.

>48 posts
>not one person said dildo
Am I even on Jow Forums anymore?

Dildo.

its a crack pipe yo

A shoulder thing that goes up stowed for transport

Cute crabbo. Years ago in basic everyone tossed their L's upon leaving the barracks. Scored 20 or so of the things. They're always handy, if not the brightest of lights.

why did you make a thread for this?

A headlamp is superior in every way

Blue lens lets you see blood if you're treating a casualty while also not being as harmful to your night vision as white light

>clip

IM GETTING LIT THE FUCK UP

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

Be careful. The ejector on mine sheared off. I really should get around to fixing that thing.

Cool. What about yellow one?

>It lights things up.
Hardly. Those fucking anglehead lights barely cast any light, if they worked at all. Possibly the shittiest piece of gear ever issued to the US Armed Forces.

underrated

used to love slipping the red filter in and out of these beauties

Technology is amazing.

That's not the reason you dumasses. A simple octagonal ring on the body would be enough as anti-roll. Its at the right angle you you can light up things in front of you hands free with the lamp attached to your kit as you see in OP pic. This is old tech before the invention of LEDs and 18650 batteries, a prerequisite for a modern headlamp. Its literally an old version of pic related. Cant quite get it to stay on your head can you?

Attached: product_p_o_powerfull-headlamp-olight-h2r-27-750x750.jpg (750x750, 63K)

Rah

Moonbeam or a place to put your cover on...OR shit you don't even use in the field and how to spot a boot 101.

r u trollan